Forum Jump: 

#181 of 913 Old 10-22-2008, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegan_mama View Post
Yes, thank you oceane & catemom.
I haven't ever used OPK's before. This whole TTC thing is very new to me as the first time was a whoopsie and it happened on the one and only whoopsie. We have only been trying for a couple of months now, but I thought I would try this just to see if I'm able to tell correctly (or not) my O day. It sure would be a nice change to be off of AF's for a while (as a preg bonus)
sure, we should all know when we ovulate. makes calulating the due date easier, too good luck with the sticks.

hh2.gif

#182 of 913 Old 10-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Banned

ahhhh, thank you... Might be kind of fun to get two lines on a stick for a change! (har har har)
#183 of 913 Old 10-22-2008, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
ladies, I hope you are all doing well. I love my new BA program but I'm sad because I didn't ovulate and I don't like it. I'm also binging because of it, well, not binging but the broccoli takes so long to cook! just a little downer in the ttc department today.
oceane, sorry you are feeling down. Maybe your cycle is just trying to link back up with mine . I wish there was some really great thing to say that would make it all better, but I know there's not. Sending you lots of love and good vibes. And I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying your new classes.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#184 of 913 Old 10-23-2008, 03:17 AM

thank you. I see you're beginning to be fertile. enjoy!

hh2.gif

#185 of 913 Old 10-23-2008, 02:46 PM
Banned

*Bump*

So, I had/have (?) a really strange period this time.... Very light. Today is CD5 and I should still be having some period (I typically spot to 6/7). Usually the 2/3 day are VERY heavy, not this time. hmmmmmm... I feel fine though, and don't think I'm pg. BUT, I'm now wondering how this will affect my O day... I might start OPK'ing sooner than I was planning.... UGH! craziness.
#186 of 913 Old 10-23-2008, 03:16 PM

Quote:
*Bump*

So, I had/have (?) a really strange period this time.... Very light. Today is CD5 and I should still be having some period (I typically spot to 6/7). Usually the 2/3 day are VERY heavy, not this time. hmmmmmm... I feel fine though, and don't think I'm pg. BUT, I'm now wondering how this will affect my O day... I might start OPK'ing sooner than I was planning.... UGH! craziness.
did you start taking any herbs? that might explain it. or some supplements? or recently came off bc pills?

hi everyone else! big s to veganmama and talula.

hh2.gif

#187 of 913 Old 10-23-2008, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Hey oceane , hey everyone! Nothing new to report here, just wanted to say hi. I have an accupuncture appointment tonight and I worked out today, yay! Thats all I got. Hope everyone is having a great week.

#188 of 913 Old 10-24-2008, 08:00 AM

I admire your workout ethics! I need to do like 50 mins every day to make my goal but this morning (only day I only have one class) I spent watching online TV shows instead of doing something. maybe tomorrow. I also MIGHT have ovulated. not saying I did, just that I might have.

hh2.gif

#189 of 913 Old 10-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
did you start taking any herbs? that might explain it. or some supplements? or recently came off bc pills?

hi everyone else! big s to veganmama and talula.

ahhh, hmmmm, maybe! I have been doing 80% raw foods, lots of juices... Maybe that made things go lighter this time around...interesting. I should do that every time! (har har)
I decided I would start OPK'ing on CD9.

Thanks oceane-- to all-- think "positive" ;0)
#190 of 913 Old 10-24-2008, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I admire your workout ethics! I need to do like 50 mins every day to make my goal but this morning (only day I only have one class) I spent watching online TV shows instead of doing something. maybe tomorrow. I also MIGHT have ovulated. not saying I did, just that I might have.
Watching tv instead of working out is my biggest problem! That or hanging out on mdc instead of working out . I noticed your high temp this morning and didn't want to say anything for fear I would jinx it. You don't normally have high temps if not O, so I would say there is a pretty good chance you did. But when? hmmmm.

#191 of 913 Old 10-25-2008, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter

oceane, where are you? I've been wondering all day if your temp stayed up. Hope you are having a fun day!

#192 of 913 Old 10-25-2008, 02:34 PM

I visited my parents! we're always on the move here I was too scared to test this morning (plus too tired) but I'll set the alarm to 7 am tomorrow despite it being Sunday and see what it says. better late than never I guess? I would really like to get this cycle over with. but when I took the temp this afternoon it was high enough to indicate post-o, so maybe. I'd say I ovulated on day 27 then.

hh2.gif

#193 of 913 Old 10-25-2008, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

I was wondering if maybe you ovulated back on like day 21 and were just slow to rise, but day 27 does make more sense. You are keeping me in suspense over here . Hope you had fun at your parents house.

#194 of 913 Old 10-26-2008, 06:27 AM

day 21 is possible, too, but chances wouldn't be so good then, we hardly deposited anything where it needed to go back then. I hate ambigous charts! well, it's better to think day 27 and wait another 9 days than think 21 and be all worked up in 3 days!

hh2.gif

#195 of 913 Old 10-26-2008, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
day 21 is possible, too, but chances wouldn't be so good then, we hardly deposited anything where it needed to go back then. I hate ambigous charts! well, it's better to think day 27 and wait another 9 days than think 21 and be all worked up in 3 days!
I agree. Wow, your temp this morning was super high. : for you!

#196 of 913 Old 10-27-2008, 04:44 AM

hi everyone! I think it's safe to say I'm in my luteal phase, FINALLY. I hope veganmama and talula have left AF land, too.

hi pregnant vegans and mommy vegans!

vegan_mama, switching to a high raw diet might be the reason for your weird AF. how is the raw food thing going?

snow~pea, I hope you're gettin busy I'm not making any fitness goals this month. november it is!

do any of you take probiotics? what does it do for you?

hh2.gif

#197 of 913 Old 10-27-2008, 07:30 AM

Hi everyone, hope youre all having fun!
2 vegans here been actively ttc for 9 months (with 2 years no contraception before that) We start our tests off with husbands sperm count next week and Im pretty anxious

We were told it might be soya products we ate so we stopped for a few months, but still nothing. We eat very healthily etc

Really hoping for you all this month
#198 of 913 Old 10-27-2008, 12:43 PM

oceane- Congrats on being in the LP! I drink a yogurt drink every once in a while, but I usually only take probiotics is when I am sick.

ILove- welcome! I hope you are able to find out what is going on. I think soy gets blamed for a lot of things... but we eat lots of it and have been able to conceive. :

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#199 of 913 Old 10-27-2008, 12:48 PM

Haven't stopped in here in quite a while. Just wanted to say hi and know that I think of all of you ttc often!

- Krista

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#200 of 913 Old 10-27-2008, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

oceane, I am taking probiotics right now. But only because I had to take antibiotics for the hsg, and DH says antibiotics strip your gut so you have to build it back up. This is the first time I have taken them, but DH has been taking them for a couple of years (he takes way more suppliments than I do ). I personally don't think you should need them for maintenance if you are eating a varied, whole foods diet, but I also don't have any research to back up that opinion. It could just be me being cheap.
Yay for officially being in your 2ww, I think I am right behind you. Should O soon if I haven't already. I love it when we are cycle buddies, it always feels very lucky!

Welcome Ilove! Someone here brought up research on soy and fertility a while back, maybe in one of the prev threads. I don't remember all the info, but I think the recommendation was to avoid soy for a week before ovulating. Something in the soy can create a hostile environment in your womb for your DH's sperm. Someone please correct me if I got that all wrong. Good luck on yours and your DH's tests.

ETA: Hi Lizzy and Krista ! Krista I want all of your recipes from friday's blog. OMG that first pic is making me crave stew like nothing else!

#201 of 913 Old 10-27-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILove View Post
2 vegans here been actively ttc for 9 months (with 2 years no contraception before that) We start our tests off with husbands sperm count next week and Im pretty anxious

We were told it might be soya products we ate so we stopped for a few months, but still nothing. We eat very healthily etc

hi ILove! and welcome! I'm sure it's stressful to go though testing, good luck with that. I hope it's not soy I drink a lot of milk/eat yogurt etc.. but if you get any more info on that I might look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
oceane- Congrats on being in the LP! I drink a yogurt drink every once in a while, but I usually only take probiotics is when I am sick.

ILove- welcome! I hope you are able to find out what is going on. I think soy gets blamed for a lot of things... but we eat lots of it and have been able to conceive. :
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganf View Post
Haven't stopped in here in quite a while. Just wanted to say hi and know that I think of all of you ttc often!

- Krista
yay Krista!!! love your bentos. all we ever make around here are sandwiches and fruit hope your family is well.

and snow~pea, my cycle buddy, I wish you a very clear temp shift, no amiguity whatsoever and a very very clear BFP! now do some egg catching.

hh2.gif

#202 of 913 Old 10-27-2008, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
...and snow~pea, my cycle buddy, I wish you a very clear temp shift, no amiguity whatsoever and a very very clear BFP! now do some egg catching.
Thanks

#203 of 913 Old 10-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILove View Post

In the current issue of VegNews there is an article about how soy affects sperm count. I'm not through reading it yet... but check it out. I think it's debunking that theory.

Quote:
vegan_mama, switching to a high raw diet might be the reason for your weird AF. how is the raw food thing going?
do any of you take probiotics? what does it do for you?
It's going ok. I'm not doing 100%. I just wanted to "clean" up a bit...Coming into winter, it's hard to get up on a chilly morning and not want a hot drink and a warm bowl of something. I especially want hot and spicy foods at lunch instead of a cold salad.... But, I'm trying to do raw for breakfast and lunch and a cooked dinner with the family (Since it's harder to impose for everyone, and I really want a cooked meal at dinner time) (BTW; wine is raw)
Probiotics- it's for helping create a population of friendly bacteria in your digestive areas. It helps to keep your intestines and tummy healthy and functioning properly. Like keeping high acid problems at bay (but if you have a lot of acid, then stick to alkalizing foods to balance pH). Basically probiotics are beneficial bacteria normally present in the digestive tract. They are vital for proper digestion and also to perform a number of other useful functions, such as preventing the overgrowth of yeast and other pathogens and synthesizing vitamin K. The probiotics most often used as supplements are acidophilus and bifidobacteria. Cultured, or fermented, foods also contain various types and amounts of beneficial bacteria. These foods include miso, saurkraut (there is a raw saurkraut available without sulfites), tempeh, yogurt (soygurt). ( I found an interesting website that I will be checking out: http://healthyalternativesinc.com/)
Yes, it is generally recommended to take them after a round of antibiotics to rebuild the cultures in your system. Also if you tend to have digestive issues. But (I know I'm talking to vegans here, but just in case), 75% of the human population (that % is higher for African descendants) is intolerant of dairy products and are highly misdiagnosed as having IBS or other food allergies. So, if you are having digestive problems, do take probiotics (like GoodBelly), and go off of ALL dairy... you may also want to try the elimination diet for detecting sensitivities, like Gluten, Egg, Corn or Soy sensitivities. Sorry, I rambled.
#204 of 913 Old 10-28-2008, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

How's that for an ambiguous temp shift :. Its my own fault too, I woke up about an hour and a half before my alarm and got up to pee. I didn't realize what time it was or else I would not have gotten up. Usually if I wake up in the 3 hour window, I just make myself go back to sleep. I always mess up my temps right when it counts!

How are you today oceane? Any 2ww craziness yet?

veganmama419, just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. We miss your posts. I hope all is well with you. Only 2 weeks left til your caregiver is back right? yay for that.

Hi Ilove, and Sky, and Talula if you are around. And hi pregnant vegans and vegan mamas who lurk!

ETA: Hi vegan_mama! Thanks for that great explanation of probiotics, it makes much more sense than DH's

#205 of 913 Old 10-28-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
In the current issue of VegNews there is an article about how soy affects sperm count. I'm not through reading it yet... but check it out. I think it's debunking that theory.
Ooh thanx, Ill give it a read
Giving up the soy did nothing for us, other than make us desperately crave spaghetti bolognese and other treats
#206 of 913 Old 10-28-2008, 12:37 PM

Well everyone Im really silly and feeling low. I just got pretty bad mittelschmerz, and sure enough I check the calendar (which I hadnt really been tracing this month-I dont know why) and its CD 19 for me (I have 33-36 day cycles) so I think Ive ovulated or have already ovulated. Problem is we havent DTD for the last few days and husbands now at work until late sigh
My husbands had stress at work and has been coming home too tired, so I think Ive been trying to take the pressure off
#207 of 913 Old 10-28-2008, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

don't worry ILove, there might still be time. Some women feel O before the egg is actually released. Just make sure you jump DH when he gets home , and don't take no for an answer!

#208 of 913 Old 10-28-2008, 12:43 PM

Hi Snowpea

Oceane thanx lots-We really didnt want to go down any kind of medical route. Were both young, fit, active and healthy eaters, Im pretty much regular and all seems well. But 9 months alone is quite a while, but add on the 2 year previously we used no contraception and its put doubt in our minds...everyone else says we should get these tests done, so I guess we should
Im not sure if we can fully count the 2 years before though...we did sometimes use the pull out method, but nowhere near always. Probably 40 percent of the time. Im guessing most women would have had a pregnancy by now Anyway Ill keep you updated, and about the soy issue too
#209 of 913 Old 10-28-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
don't worry ILove, there might still be time. Some women feel O before the egg is actually released. Just make sure you jump DH when he gets home , and don't take no for an answer!

Hehe dont you worry, I will be doing! Poor guy. Got to give it all Ive got, it was silly of me to lose track of time

thanx
#210 of 913 Old 10-28-2008, 03:43 PM

yay, I love it when the thread gets so active!
first, hi to all lurkers, pregnant, ttc or not. I hope catemom and lizzy are doing well, also thinking of veganmama.

vegan_mama, thanks for the info on probiotics. I should eat sauerkraut but it's just so German, I've had it all my life. blah.

snow~pea, next time at least TEMP before getting up, you can always pretend adjusting works . tomorrow, ok?
no craziness here, just tender breasts which makes me think I ovulated a while ago and am nearing the END of the 2ww. typical PMS symptom. it would be kinda nice to have ovulated earlier than day 27, as well, so I'm happy either way.

ILOve, I have mittelschmerz on several occasions and it's post-o and sometimes pre-o or pre-AF... just use the time you're having tonight. It might still work. maybe testing will give you the reassurance you need to keep trying!

hh2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page