Vegans TTC ~ Autumn/Winter - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 913 Old 11-02-2008, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
snow~pea, it's not the office ( I wanna organize it first), but you can take a look at our awesome red wall in the living room and the monkey bathroom
Love the monkey bathroom! I have a monkey-obsessed DH, too. He'd love a monkey bathroom! Instead, we have a monkey diaper changing room. Hope Baby Cupcake likes monkeys, too. She got a lot of monkey gifts.

Catherine, mama to Preschooler Girl 9/08, and Toddler Boy 3/11

#242 of 913 Old 11-03-2008, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Love the monkey bathroom! I have a monkey-obsessed DH, too. He'd love a monkey bathroom! Instead, we have a monkey diaper changing room. Hope Baby Cupcake likes monkeys, too. She got a lot of monkey gifts.
such a good excuse to get more monkey stuff we do keep it to a minimum just because I hate clutter (and we STILL have so much of that), but I would totally get monkey cloth diaper covers and what not.

snow~pea, fun stuff! now, seriously though, will you really make rice balls to take to work? or just put in something else

hh2.gif

#243 of 913 Old 11-03-2008, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

yah, probably just put other stuff in them. Today I am using a bento for my breakfast cereal .

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#244 of 913 Old 11-03-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Today I am using a bento for my breakfast cereal .
LOL That's great.
I'm waiting for the day that I can get out of the house alone and NEED to pack my OWN bento. Sigh!

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :
#245 of 913 Old 11-03-2008, 10:44 AM

Hi everyone, you all are chatty lately!

I am 3 DPO.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#246 of 913 Old 11-03-2008, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Krista, it will happen someday, I promise!

Alannah, 3dpo already? You kind of snuck that one in on us lol. Timing looks good :.

AFM: 7dpo and kind of blah. Actually, so far this has been a very calm cycle in general, and I am not stressing one way or the other during this 2ww. Not really any new symptoms. My blood sugar is weird today, crashed right before lunch even though I wasn't hungry yet. But its monday so I could just be off from the weekend. I will be testing Sunday if AF doesn't show up.

#247 of 913 Old 11-03-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post

AFM: 7dpo and kind of blah. Actually, so far this has been a very calm cycle in general, and I am not stressing one way or the other during this 2ww. Not really any new symptoms. My blood sugar is weird today, crashed right before lunch even though I wasn't hungry yet. But its monday so I could just be off from the weekend. I will be testing Sunday if AF doesn't show up.

:

Good Luck! Sounds promising!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#248 of 913 Old 11-03-2008, 03:03 PM

: good luck 2wwaiters!

hh2.gif

#249 of 913 Old 11-04-2008, 04:55 PM

I baked some muffins from vegan with a vengeance on sun and they were a bust. I guess you're all busy today

hh2.gif

#250 of 913 Old 11-04-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Funny, my DH loves monkeys too! We have monkey stuff everywhere!

This is my first time posting on here...I just went off bc a couple weeks ago so we're just starting TTC. Just wanted to say hello!

Marisa
#251 of 913 Old 11-04-2008, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Hey oceane, sorry your muffins didn't turn out. Hope your next baking endeavor goes better.

Welcome Marisa!

ETA: I just voted. Yay for me!

#252 of 913 Old 11-05-2008, 04:33 AM

welcome marisa! what is it about guys and monkeys?

hh2.gif

#253 of 913 Old 11-05-2008, 10:32 AM

Not sure! I swear my husband is a big kid--I guess all men are though!
#254 of 913 Old 11-05-2008, 02:09 PM

I think it IS a guy thing. DH was sort of panicked at one point when DS had no toy monkeys (gasp!). Now, I'm considering getting DS a curious george-themed tea set for Christmas (which will accompany many of his books and toys).
#255 of 913 Old 11-05-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catemom View Post
I think it IS a guy thing. DH was sort of panicked at one point when DS had no toy monkeys (gasp!). Now, I'm considering getting DS a curious george-themed tea set for Christmas (which will accompany many of his books and toys).
oh, for tea parties

hh2.gif

#256 of 913 Old 11-05-2008, 04:56 PM

Welcome Marissa!

Good luck Snow Pea and everyone else in the 2WW (including me LOL)

#257 of 913 Old 11-05-2008, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

catemom, I saw the cutest vitage curious george jack-in-the-box at magic cabin. So funny that your dh was in a panic over it though .

Good luck to you Allanah. I have to say, I am really not feeling it this month. I've been crampy today and it is a familiar feeling, so I can't pretend its a new symptom that could mean pg rather than af. Its ok though, I am so happy to be able to say this month, instead of this cycle. I will keep on with the accu and tcm and hope for the best.

#258 of 913 Old 11-06-2008, 12:27 PM

I am so glad the TCm and acu seem to be helping though, I bet you will be PG in no time!

Now, I just wish it could make my eggs younger!

Seriously, someone thought I was 32 the other day. When I told him I was 41 he said I was "very well preserved". I laughed my head off. He made it sound like 41 is ancient.

And I think he is around my age give or take a couple of years.

#259 of 913 Old 11-06-2008, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter

well preserved?! That is a hillarious word to describe a person. Makes you sound like a peice of cake or something . Congrats on looking 10 years younger .

#260 of 913 Old 11-06-2008, 04:11 PM

congrats veganmama, I bet he was paying you a nice compliment in his opinion

hh2.gif

#261 of 913 Old 11-06-2008, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

I don't want to go to bed because I know AF is on her way and tomorrow will make it that much sooner. But at the same time I just want her to get it over with. This sucks.

#262 of 913 Old 11-07-2008, 04:21 AM

snow~pea you think she's coming because of the lower temp? I hope it's a fluke. it's still way above the coverline. either way your cycles are getting more regular and that is a good thing, kinda like a small light at the end of the tunnel, right? this is all so frustrating at times.

aam: I actually told an old friend on the phone yesterday that we are ttc. i'm just tired of lying. I also told her that it might take a long time or not work at all, possibly, so as not to be asked all the time whether we're pregnant yet. I probably didn't come off as very hopeful. but I can't cheer everyone else around me on, too, doing that to myself is enough.

could vitex be giving me really bad skin? I don't remember if it did so last time before I stopped taking it? I do know there was a reason why I stopped. so for now I'm limiting it to wheatgrass juice and vitamins. oh, and does anyone know if starting lady's mantle tincture right away will do any harm since vitex is still in my system???

good luck alannah!

hh2.gif

#263 of 913 Old 11-07-2008, 12:32 PM

Oh I am sure he meant it as a compliment. But it's actually pretty insulting. I didn't take it badly, I just thought it was funny.

Oceane, I have never heard of Vitex upsetting anyone's skin but I think it is possible.

SnowPea, I always cramp at the beginning of PG and sometimes my temp drops a little too. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. The eastern medicine does definitely seem to be making a big difference in your cycle!

7 DPO, nothing to report. Slight temp dip this am.

Do y'all remember I did those silly predictions earlier this year? Well one of them said Sept as conceive/find out/or birth month and one said December.

I am sure you all see where I am going with this as if I get PG in December the baby would be due in September.

#264 of 913 Old 11-07-2008, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the hugs oceane and the luck Alannah. You are both right, my cycle has definately improved. I am very thankful for that. It is not just the temps that are making me think this is not our month, but that is definately part of it. But also the couple of days of being crampy, and my skin cleared up yesterday, and as of this morning my boobs no longer hurt. I am just having a rough couple of days, feeling a little down on myself. I guess after such a calm and serene cycle I was due for some drama.

oceane, I don't know much about vitex, but I am sure anything that can effect your hormones can cause acne. And I am glad that you felt able to tell your friend IRL about ttc. I have told a couple of my friends and sometimes I am glad I did because I don't have to constantly remind myself to lie or hide things. Other times it is hard to have them know because I can't really talk to them about all this, not the way I can here anyway.

Alannah, I hope that your predictions come true (unless this is your cycle of course)! Having two separate readings that line up like that for bfp and edd must be a good sign for a sticky, and worth waiting one more month for, right? Good luck, I really hope you get your sticky one very soon.
I only got a cheri reading and she said June. For that to be true if this is my cycle, I have to give birth at least 3 weeks early. Otherwise I have to wait another 6 months for it to be true for a conceive or bfp.

Thanks again ladies for making this such a safe place to talk about my ttc insecurities. It is hard to be positive all the time, but you guys make this all a lot easier to deal with.

#265 of 913 Old 11-07-2008, 02:51 PM

thanks for your input ladies.

alannah, I gotta say I don't believe in predictions so I hope this right now is your month, not one in the future. BUT I may be totally wrong. I really just want to see you with a sticky bean, earlier than later. lots of pregnancy vibes!

snow~pea, I completely understand and that's why I sometimes think if I should post "it's not ovet till AF is here" since you and I and probably most women ttc know very well the familiar PMS symptoms. it#s a thin line between encouragement and being understanding. but we all do awesome jobs at it here

hi everyone, hope the ttcers are having fun and the preggo vegans don't feel too bad and the babies grow and learn and are incredibly cute all day long

hh2.gif

#266 of 913 Old 11-08-2008, 06:28 AM

good morning vegans! I am wide awake and full of plans for the weekend, some of which include having to go to the hardware store again (I hate that place with a passion) but the rest should be fun. what are your plans? we're trying the eggplant pine nut moussaka from v'con tonight. have a great saturday everyone!

a to snow~pea since I chart stalked.

hh2.gif

#267 of 913 Old 11-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
good morning vegans! I am wide awake and full of plans for the weekend, some of which include having to go to the hardware store again (I hate that place with a passion) but the rest should be fun. what are your plans? we're trying the eggplant pine nut moussaka from v'con tonight. have a great saturday everyone!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend as well! I would love to have some of that eggplant pine nut moussaka right now! Sluuuuurp!

I'm 7dpo and waiting....:
la la la la la la...

Hope everyone is thinking fertile thoughts...:
#268 of 913 Old 11-08-2008, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

a to snow~pea since I chart stalked.
Thanks oceane, AF is officially here. With an even lower temp this morning I knew she was coming. Still sucks though. Good luck to both veganmamas still in the 2ww, and good luck on an early O for you oceane!

I don't really have any exciting plans for the weekend, I went to a baby store this morning(I know, torture myself much ), it was the grand opening for their new location so I wanted to go check it out and maybe win a prize. The first 20 people in the door got something, but I got there at 5 min after and was already too late. Oh well, I did enter a couple raffles though. Anyways, I didn't stay long, only bought a couple of little things. Then came home and picked up DH to go to the farmer's market. We want to take advantage of the local veggies for as long as we can. I am pretty sure next weekend it will be mostly crafts and a lot less produce.

Hope everyone has a fun and fertile weekend!

#269 of 913 Old 11-08-2008, 03:23 PM

hey vegan_mama, yes, it was pretty good actually. good luck getting that bfp!

hh2.gif

#270 of 913 Old 11-08-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I baked some muffins from vegan with a vengeance on sun and they were a bust.
Everyone keeps raving about that cookbook, but I also hear quite a few similar stories to yours, so I haven't bought it (though I put it on my Amazon wish list in case a relative is feeling thrifty ).

milk donation : mother to Ryan (6), AJ (5), Nate (2), Maia (1) all born at home, I have a kid-friendly food & bento blog, : :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page