Vegans TTC ~ Autumn/Winter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 913 Old 09-17-2008, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey vegans! Its beautiful Autumn, my favorite season. Time for a change and time for some more BFP's!

We started off as a group of TTC'ers. Then some of the graduates stuck around and some TTA'ers stop by once in a while too. All are welcome to join the conversation.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 913 Old 09-17-2008, 11:39 PM

thanks for starting the autumn thread snowpea! i haven't been posting because it's so boring TTCing when you're not PPAFing yet. boo! but we are still quietly working on things over here, hoping that we somehow managed to catch the first egg one of these times...

good luck to all for the fall! (ooh, i am tired enough from DS' teething to be all proud of my rhyme )
#3 of 913 Old 09-17-2008, 11:59 PM

No PPAF for me, either!

Hello ladies and thank you Snowpea for the thread and the PM letting me know you'd started it!

* Holly * rural Seattle suburban SAHM to Elizabeth 11 * Cole 9 * Annie 5 * Blaise 3 * and Urban 2 mos *
#4 of 913 Old 09-18-2008, 12:19 AM

subbing!

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#5 of 913 Old 09-18-2008, 05:10 AM

thanks for the new thread snow~pea, and welcome back to rollergirl and hmkrueger!

I got blood drawn today and it went fine. It'll be 10 days before I know about my thyroid though. slow labs.

oh, and catemom, I even had to scroll back to look what might have upset me that you suggested... I never felt offended! I am also a believer in the mind-body connection, so I am actually talking to my reproductive system every day. Only the ovaries don't seem to listen. I'm thankful for all your wisdom though, I really am.

hh2.gif

#6 of 913 Old 09-18-2008, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Wow oceane, 10 days for labs. I hope everything comes out ok. Glad the test went well. I would say you definately ovulated at this point, your temps are still on the rise. : for you!

#7 of 913 Old 09-18-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post
Wow oceane, 10 days for labs. I hope everything comes out ok. Glad the test went well. I would say you definately ovulated at this point, your temps are still on the rise. : for you!

Oh yeah, you definitely O'd! And your chart looks nice.

Thanks for the new thread SnowPea and hello everyone who has been lurking!

No idea what is going on with me. DId I O last Monday or am I going to O tomorrow (based on hcg results). No idea. If it was last week and I am 10 DPO then it looks like I will have a decent LP (unlike the first few cycles fter my m/c in February).
If it's tomorrow then why are my temps so high?

Don't worry, these are rhetorical questions!!!!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#8 of 913 Old 09-18-2008, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Hey oceane, you mentioned in the old thread maybe joining the 1000 min/month fitness thread. I'm game if you still are. We'd be a little late joinging so maybe 450 or 500 minutes? DH and I went for a walk last night, so I've got 30 min in at least.

Veganmama, I hope your chart becomes clear soon.

Catemom, I wasn't offended either. Talking to your ovaries is a really great idea, think I just need more practice getting on the same wave lenght as my body.

#9 of 913 Old 09-18-2008, 01:41 PM

snow~pea, I'm game, I biked a lot these past days. I would shoot for 500 mins. do you think they'll let us join this late? I'll go over there now and ask politely.

veganmama, wow, confusing chart? I have absolutely no opionion here but I hope your hcg results will bring clarity.

hh2.gif

#10 of 913 Old 09-18-2008, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane View Post
snow~pea, I'm game, I biked a lot these past days. I would shoot for 500 mins. do you think they'll let us join this late? I'll go over there now and ask politely.

veganmama, wow, confusing chart? I have absolutely no opionion here but I hope your hcg results will bring clarity.
Good luck ladies! I just calculated mine and between yoga (2Xper week), the gym (1 time) and running (3 times a week) I do 975-1100 a month. Nice to know I am sort of on track.

Oceane, my results casued even more confusion. My HCG was still 16. I was expecting 10. At this rate it won't be out of my system for another week.

#11 of 913 Old 09-18-2008, 06:17 PM

Good day, everyone!

Snowpea Thanks for starting the new thread!

Veganmama Waiting stinks! I hope your hormones get sorted out soon!

Oceane Ugh! More waiting! If it makes you feel any better, labs take forever to come back here too (no one works very hard here ).

Rollergirl Oh, I feel for you! The teething is miserable for everyone involved. I hope you get some rest soon!

Rollergirl and hmkrueger What have you been trying to get PPAF going? How old are your babies? I made a really swampy tasting tea with RRL, nettle, and red clover, and I think that pushed the PPAF hormones over the edge (but then DS was 25 mos. when I finally got PPAF ).

Thanks for the votes! I'm still trying to decide what is going to be best for me and the bean. I'm really haunted by the "what ifs" right now and I know I would never forgive myself if the baby needed immediate hospital care and didn't get it in time.

Have an excellent Wednesday, ladies!
#12 of 913 Old 09-19-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catemom View Post

Oceane Ugh! More waiting! If it makes you feel any better, labs take forever to come back here too (no one works very hard here ).
I'd like to move to your place then
Quote:
Thanks for the votes! I'm still trying to decide what is going to be best for me and the bean. I'm really haunted by the "what ifs" right now and I know I would never forgive myself if the baby needed immediate hospital care and didn't get it in time.
you still have time to decide, don't rush yourself. do you feel you are especially at risk for some reason?

hh2.gif

#13 of 913 Old 09-19-2008, 12:55 PM

Hey catemom! I had both my babies at the hospital but with a midwife so I kind of felt like I had the best of both worlds. The doctors and equipment were there if they were needed. We did actually call for a OB/GYN consult with both babes since they both had some issues (DD had the cord around her next and DS didn't move for over an hour after I started pushing) but no intervention was undertaken. So I felt like that was all there if things started to go really wrong but as it turns out both babies were born with just the midwives and DH in the room and I went home 3 hours later with both of them.

Is that an option for you?

If I didn't know it was impossible I would swear that I was PG today based on my temp this morning. It has never gone that high if I've not been PG. But given that I either missed O, or it hasn't happened yet (HCG is expected to be down to 6 next Tuesday), I KNOW that is not the case.

Fingers crossed for our 2 ww-ers!

#14 of 913 Old 09-19-2008, 01:06 PM

Catemom- I was at a free-standing birthing center, and we were transferred to the hospital. Everything was fine, and he was still born super healthy. Next time, I plan on having a homebirth (if I don't get transfered again), mostly because I really didn't like my hossy experience.

Veganmama- I hope you get some answers soon!

Hello to all the vegan mamas!

I am 11 DPO, and I don't plan on testing this month. I'm just waiting for AF this time around. Any day now....

#15 of 913 Old 09-19-2008, 03:24 PM

Thanks for your input on places to give birth. The main problem with the hospital is that by simply having had a c/s (for ANY reason) the odds are automatically stacked against me. Upon arrival in the hospital, I will be immediately tethered to a bed with EFM (which is non-negotiable in all the hospitals here), hooked up to an IV (that may be negotiable), I won't be able to use the birthing tubs that all the hospitals here now have, the hospital mandates that I have one special consult with an OB in the third trimester (I guessing it's their last shot to scare me into a c-peat), and the OBs will be in general very nervous letting me labor on their watch. It's pretty much all designed to minimize liability for the hospital and the docs, not to help me in the least. We are finally getting a real live birth center here, but they are not accepting women with previous c/s because it's "unsafe" (which is utter BS and a really crappy thing to do to us potential VBACers). I think I'd rather birth with someone who feels confident, skilled, and experienced enough to handle a VBAC anyway.

So, sorry, that was really long and ranty, but I just wanted to explain the situation more so you all would understand exactly what's going on. It's extremely frustrating, and hopefully I'll choose the right thing for the baby and myself.
#16 of 913 Old 09-19-2008, 06:53 PM

Oh catemom, that sucks. I am sorry they are so rigid.

#17 of 913 Old 09-19-2008, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

catemom, sorry you are in such a frustrating situation. I am sure that you will find the right birth place and support for you and baby before the time comes. Try not to stress, you really do have a lot of time.

oceane, you are doing much better than I am so far with our fitness goal. I have not had time to get a work out in for the last 2 days. Guess I will have to make up for it this weekend. Your chart is lookin good, how are you feeling about this cycle?
Lizzy Q, your chart is looking good too. : for you both!

#18 of 913 Old 09-20-2008, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post

I am 11 DPO, and I don't plan on testing this month. I'm just waiting for AF this time around. Any day now....
I know you said timing wasn't right but it's still a textbook chart and I'm curious what will happen.... :

Quote:
So, sorry, that was really long and ranty, but I just wanted to explain the situation more so you all would understand exactly what's going on. It's extremely frustrating, and hopefully I'll choose the right thing for the baby and myself.
you really aren't given a lot of choices but I'm sure you'll figure something out, maybe even a doula who can boss the doctors at the hospital around to leave you alone for a while. I have no personal experience but I'll happily support your decision-making process.

Quote:

oceane, you are doing much better than I am so far with our fitness goal. I have not had time to get a work out in for the last 2 days. Guess I will have to make up for it this weekend. Your chart is lookin good, how are you feeling about this cycle?
I feel I am cheating a little because I really have to use my bike around here and I'm mostly doing short trips (oh, and I don't work at all thurs and fri and only afternoons all other days so I have way more time than you!), but it#s movement, so....
I am hopeful as always, even at 6 dpo. although the doctor's practice called me to let me know something was off with the blood test and I have to re-take it next week (not immediately so it's not life or death, right?). of course, hypochondriac that I am, I was thinking cancer etc even though I forgot to ask what number exactly was off anyways AND even though I have had low numbers in the past and the old doc just said it's probably chronic/nothing to do about it. but yeah, not a fun day yesterday. I am much calmer today, I am young and healthy and I don't even know if it's something terribly bad yet so for zen!

hh2.gif

#19 of 913 Old 09-20-2008, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Oh oceane, I'm sorry your doctor has you worried . Maybe they just didn't have enough to do all of the tests. Hold on to that zen feeling.
I can't believe you are already 11DPO, where did this 2ww go? Nice high temp this morning too!

#20 of 913 Old 09-20-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Oh oceane, I'm sorry your doctor has you worried . Maybe they just didn't have enough to do all of the tests. Hold on to that zen feeling.
I can't believe you are already 11DPO, where did this 2ww go? Nice high temp this morning too!
thanks so much! I go by 6dpo as the first 4 low temps make more sense that way.

hh2.gif

#21 of 913 Old 09-20-2008, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
thanks so much! I go by 6dpo as the first 4 low temps make more sense that way.
Yah, I see what you mean. Or maybe ff is right and its an implantation dip. Keeping my : for you! Was anything weird those 2 days that might have caused the high temps?

#22 of 913 Old 09-20-2008, 11:10 PM

oceane, I had a client who recently had to give more blood after he had applied for life insurance. It kind of spooked him as they ddin't tell him why they needed more blood. Turns out they had spilled the original vial and didn't have enough!

Fingers crossed that it is just something silly and stupid like that.

#23 of 913 Old 09-21-2008, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Yah, I see what you mean. Or maybe ff is right and its an implantation dip. Keeping my : for you! Was anything weird those 2 days that might have caused the high temps?
we did change the thinner blankets to fall-appropriate ones but I'm not sure if that was on those days. The high temps also fit with ewcm though. I just think ff drew a pretty low coverline, many pre-o temps are above it, too. so 4 temps below my own coverline seems a lot to me. on the hopeful side I've had ewcm again which I never have during the 2ww (at least not that much) and my breasts aren't tender. but we all know symptom guessing is a sport not really a sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
oceane, I had a client who recently had to give more blood after he had applied for life insurance. It kind of spooked him as they ddin't tell him why they needed more blood. Turns out they had spilled the original vial and didn't have enough!

Fingers crossed that it is just something silly and stupid like that.
thanks I'm gonna go there tomorrow morning and ask what numbers exactly are off and write down what the issue is. hopefully they'll let me speak to the doc by noon the latest. and then I'll know if to worry or not!

how are you today, veganmama? could hcg in your system even let you ovulate?

Lizzy how long is your luteal phase normally? looking good!

hi catemom, I hope nausea has subsided a bit and you're doing fabulous!

hi rollergirl and hmkrueger

hh2.gif

#24 of 913 Old 09-21-2008, 12:34 PM

Let us know what they say oceane! Your chart looks great!

I think I am getting AF today. I started spotting last night and I am crampy today plus my temp is down. In a way I would be relieved becasue that means I O'd just a few days after I normally do and my LP was still 12 days (usually 14) which is much better than my m/c cycle previously.
Or it could be ovulation spotting (never had that before though) and I'm about to O.

I'd love to be like Lilgreen and get PG again right away.

How are all you beautiful fertile vegans this morning?

ETA: FF just took my crosshairs away when I updated my chart this morning. No it says no ovulation rather than CD 17.

#25 of 913 Old 09-21-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceane;12224916
[B
Lizzy[/B] how long is your luteal phase normally? looking good!
It's been 11-14 days. I am on 13 DPO today, so I should expect AF tomorrow, I guess.

#26 of 913 Old 09-22-2008, 04:13 AM

veganmama, maybe it's an anovulatory cycle. at least you could start fresh right away then. :

well, the practice couldn't really tell me which numbers exactly were off but I can retake the test tomorrow already and, most importantly, she told me they were only "slightly off". I suppose anything slightly unusual can be easily fixed or doesn't matter much. please don't tell me otherwise ladies

I got VIP test days on ff and it says today is test day it's tempting to just buy one and use it tomorrow morning....

hh2.gif

#27 of 913 Old 09-22-2008, 04:31 AM

Quote:

I got VIP test days on ff and it says today is test day it's tempting to just buy one and use it tomorrow morning....
I know what you mean... I said I wouldn't test until next week if AF doesn't come, but I am totally tempted to test in the morning if my temp is still high I am going to resist the urge!

#28 of 913 Old 09-22-2008, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyQ View Post
I know what you mean... I said I wouldn't test until next week if AF doesn't come, but I am totally tempted to test in the morning if my temp is still high I am going to resist the urge!
thing is, I've never tested before. and I don't even know if I believe I'm 13 dpo or rather 7 dpo. argh. your chart is looking really good though. if tests didn't cost so much money here I'd totally buy several and share with you

hh2.gif

#29 of 913 Old 09-22-2008, 06:35 PM

My temp was still up this morning, but I didn't POAS. Now, though, I started spotting and I'm getting crampy, so I'm glad I resisted. AF is knocking at my door

ETA: Scratch that. She's here in full force!

CD1 for me. Here's to better timing next month.

#30 of 913 Old 09-22-2008, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Lizzy, so sorry AF found you.

oceane, sucks they couldn't tell you what the issue was with your tests, but at least they are getting you back in right away. I can't believe you haven't tested yet, you are a rock!

Talula, you haven't posted in a while, how are you?

Veganmama, sorry AF is on her way, she sucks no matter what the circumstances. At least it means a new start for you b/c you can get back to business this cycle.

AFM: Stopped by the accupunturist's office to pick up some herbs she wants me to take, will be starting them today. She said she has been having a lot of cancelations lately because there's a flu going around, so hopefully she will get me in soon.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page