OPK's - is there ALWAYS a 2nd line? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-24-2008, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is my first month using OPK's. I normally ovulate (based on what FF says) on day 18/19...today is day 15. So i took my first OPK today just to get a baseline. Obviously the line wasnt darker than the control like, but it was there. Now does that mean that perhaps if i tested 3 days ago there wouldnt be a line and now its gonna get darker an darker as i get closer to O, or is there always a 2nd line that only is REALLY dark when i O?

lol, does anyone understand what im asking? Sorry if im confussing!

Heres a picture: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...f/day15OPK.jpg
#2 of 4 Old 09-24-2008, 03:33 PM

With OPK there is not always a progression, some women get such, but many do not. With OPK you view each test in isolation, simply a positive or a negative. Most women will get two lines all or much of their cycle (we all have small amount of LH kicking around between surges), and the levels can vary a bit from day to day (as can the amount of dye in each test strip), but don't worry if you have the odd time where no second line appears, your level may just be low that day, your urine may be less concentrated or it was a lower dye strip. If you are lucky enough to get a darkening progession as you near ovulation, great as you get a little extra warning, if you are like many who do not, then you keep looking for the positive and assume ovulation in approx 12-36 hours (or 12-48 hours from some sources) once you get that positive test.

Me-46 DH-45 DS born June 2012 TTC#2  July 2008 angel3.gif19 weeks, April 2010 angel1.gif @11 weeks, Sept 2010 angel1.gif @ 7 weeks. Feb 2011 angel1.gifangel1.gif twins @11 weeks. bfinfant.gifcd.gif

#3 of 4 Old 09-24-2008, 03:34 PM

This site gives some good OPK info and examples:

http://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

Me-46 DH-45 DS born June 2012 TTC#2  July 2008 angel3.gif19 weeks, April 2010 angel1.gif @11 weeks, Sept 2010 angel1.gif @ 7 weeks. Feb 2011 angel1.gifangel1.gif twins @11 weeks. bfinfant.gifcd.gif

#4 of 4 Old 09-24-2008, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Everyone is different. Many women always have a faint second line (as explained above). Personally, I never got even a faint line until the day before my surge. The rest of the time, I had only one line.

SAH dissertating mama femalesling.GIF to my sweet little boy (2/2009)
and his rainbow1284.gif baby brother (7/2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page