•·.·´¯`·.·•October ~ CONCEIVING IN OUR 20's!•·.·´¯`·.·• - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 414 Old 09-30-2008, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(warning...all this baby dust may cause your computers to crash! )

Welcome to October
The Conceiving in our 20's thread!...
Lets make those babies!:

:::::: :

:Conceiving #1:

alicewyf :
astar326 (27)
b-girl :
binkin :
BlueWolf :
cak1207 (24) :
CourtBChase :
future_mom2b (24)
Hoping2bamommy (22)
ILove
kparker (24) :
Lauren31 (25)
lalalola
LibbyLou (25) :
lovebug (24)
merrysash :
mrscompgeek :
nelsondeb (27)
oneKnight (23) :
Snow~Pea (29) :
Songbird45 (29) :
sunnykbird :
tryingforbaby
waves.of.grain (20)

:Conceiving #2:

Anja_E (27) :
ann_of_loxley (24) : :
BCMomma :
bensgirl1222 (25) : :
DklovesMkandJK (27) :
KaliShanti (27) : :
peanutbuttercup (28) : :
sewaneecook :
sweetieberlin (29):
valeria_vi : :

:Conceiving #3:

BeauGeek (26) : : :
blissful_maia : :
jillybeans : :
mommycrunch : :
Talula Fairie (26) : : :

:Conceiving #4!:

UberMama : : :

:October BFP's!:

2in09 :

Carlin (29) :
ErinsJuneBug (24) :
ann_of_loxley (24) : :
pearl2 (28) :
summerbaby

:September BFP's!:

kriket
CAUCmama
ann_of_loxley
Chic_Mama
AustGirl
bornready
blissful_maia
BlissfullyLoving
musiclady

Lets spare a thought for those lost ~ You will always be in our hearts. ::
October 15th ~ Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day

If you would like to be added to our group or moved please make your request in bold. In an effort to keep the list organized and up to date, your name may be removed if you have not posted to this thread in two months.

Monday Check in:
Name:
Date:
Where are you at in your cycle:
Appointments:
Symptoms if they apply:
Testing:
Thoughts:

: : : : : : : : : :

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#2 of 414 Old 09-30-2008, 11:30 PM

Thanks for the thread Ann! This has been a tough day!
Don't they know they can't take MDC away during my tww??
How's everyone else doing today?

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#3 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 12:00 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread Ann!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
Thanks, It is pretty isn't it? Unfortunately, I know by now that how it looks in the first dozen days or so doesn't mean anything. : that temps stay high though!

I'm really up and down this cycle. You'd think that after 13 months I'd be used to the roller coaster by now!

Snow~Pea cold or not, it looks to me like you ovulated on Thursday or Friday, and it looks like your timing was great.

If you don't mind, why is your RE still thinking PCOS if your blood sugar and insulin are good? I thought that was one of the major symptoms? I have to admit, doctors really aggravate me and at the moment I'm ready to think the worst of them, but the fact that your RE thinks you need him to get pregnant makes me : Hopefully you can prove him completely wrong, and this is your month!
Quote:
Thanks for the thread Ann! This has been a tough day!
Don't they know they can't take MDC away during my tww??
How's everyone else doing today?
Carlin, I have been waiting for MDC to come back up too! They definately should warn us. I have filled the time by shopping online. Luckily every cart I filled was either below minimum or had out of stock items, so I haven't actually spent any money. DH would be so proud. We have been trying for the same amount of time, and even though I am getting calmer about the whole process now that I am taking a more active role in it (not that charting and scheduling BD'ing is not active enough), I totally get the roller coaster feeling.

The doc is basing his diagnosis on my irregular cycles and the ultrasound, which showed several small folicles instead of one front runner. From what I have read there are several possible symptoms, but you don't have to have any specific number of them. I do actually have sugar issues, though maybe not enough to show up on a fasting blood test. I don't think he is not nice, I think it is just that infertility is what he does. When I left I got that weird guilt that you get when a sales person helps you and you don't buy their product. I know that is not how it is with medical treatment(or shouldn't be), but still kind of felt that way. And of course I would love to prove him wrong! Lets beat the odds together this cycle. What is your test date? Officially mine is oct 8, if I make it that long .

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#4 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 12:19 AM

Monday Check in: well it's Tuesday but what the hec...9/30/08
Name:sunnykbird
Date:pay day! the 30th of September
Where are you at in your cycle11
Appointments:
Symptoms if they apply:chillin~
Testing: i don't even wanna give it a thought right now I am just doing my thing! (but honestly I will prolly test the 15th)
Thoughts: love FALL - just wish the weather would comply

oh yeah we are going for number 1, baby!

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
#5 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow~Pea View Post

Carlin, What is your test date? Officially mine is oct 8, if I make it that long .
Mine's October 8th too, if I make it! That would be fantastic if we got our BFPs together after all this time!

I'm glad you are both comfortable with your doctor and comfortable making your own decisions. : I'm just so incredibly annoyed with the doctor I saw in May still, that it colours a lot of my perceptions about docs, especially as she wanted to diagnose PCOS right away too.

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#6 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 12:29 AM

Ooh, I like the thread title, Ann. Thanks for keeping the thread this month.

I met with the midwife today and I'm going to try some diet changes and some herbs. I'm probably ovulating today/tonight but DH is SICK AMG. I totally thought we were going to do it once we got home but he's whimpering in his sleep now. I told him to let me know if he's good to go in the morning....
#7 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 12:42 AM

Monday Check in:
Name: Valeria
Date: 09/30/2008
Where are you at in your cycle: CD 11
Appointments: acupuncture twice a week right now. next one is on Thursday
Symptoms if they apply: none
Testing: I bought OPKs. When should I start poas?
Thoughts: Primarily I am trying to figure out if I like the acupuncturist I started seeing last week. She came recommended, but I am not sure how much I like her. I do not feel that she explains what her view of my issues are and how she is personalizing my treatments. so I am debating if I should stay with her or try looking for someone else.
cycle wise, I am hoping to see some fertile signs soon. but since my cycles are still not very regular - i'm not holding my breath. the acupuncturist did give me a tincture to take and i know that it includes vitex in it, so may be it will help. but i just started taking it, so probably no effect will happen for this cycle.
good luck everyone! new month, new chance for a BFP for all of us.

Valeria
dd 05.17.2005
#8 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 01:02 AM

Will you re-add me to conceiving #1 and put an angel next to my name.

It's been a rough week and I'm still bleeding from the miscarriage but we will not be avoiding and I'm sure I'll be stalking a lot waiting for my cycle to regulate a bit. Hoping to get preggo again by 2009.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#9 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 01:07 AM

SimplyRochelle, I hope you have a short and easy stay this time. You've been through more than enough.

#10 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 01:13 AM

Hello everyone, October is the last month we will be definitely avoiding so I thought I would come into this 20s something thread. November is 50/50 depending on how much time we can make when we're in Disneyland :

I'm doing WW, exercising, and taking a prenatal (I should probably bump that up to 3) & folic in the AM and a Calcium Magnesium and Vitamin D in the PM, any other tips? My cycles are finally pretty normal after a miscarriage in February and being on the nuvaring for July & August.

to everyone your BFPs will give me so much hope.
#11 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 01:47 AM

I came here to add myself and I'm already here! yay

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#12 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post
I came here to add myself and I'm already here! yay
One step ahead of you! hehe

Mummy me : > Thats Ann! and my beautiful SONS Duncanand Hamish 19/09/05 & 22/04/10!
#13 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 07:30 AM

Ann, can you add my chart also? Thanks!

Married Mom to K(8), K(7) & C born March 23rd.
#14 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post

It's been a rough week and I'm still bleeding from the miscarriage but we will not be avoiding and I'm sure I'll be stalking a lot waiting for my cycle to regulate a bit. Hoping to get preggo again by 2009.
s So sorry for you loss.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#15 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Mine's October 8th too, if I make it! That would be fantastic if we got our BFPs together after all this time!

I'm glad you are both comfortable with your doctor and comfortable making your own decisions. : I'm just so incredibly annoyed with the doctor I saw in May still, that it colours a lot of my perceptions about docs, especially as she wanted to diagnose PCOS right away too.
Did you only see that doctor once? Did she stick with the pcos diagnosis? Sorry, I was here then, but I don't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
Ooh, I like the thread title, Ann. Thanks for keeping the thread this month.

I met with the midwife today and I'm going to try some diet changes and some herbs. I'm probably ovulating today/tonight but DH is SICK AMG. I totally thought we were going to do it once we got home but he's whimpering in his sleep now. I told him to let me know if he's good to go in the morning....
So did you come away from the meeting feeling positive? Did you like and feel comfortable with her? I'm so curious what she is like in real life .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyRochelle View Post

I hope you don't have to hang here very long this time, good luck and baby dust to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaclyn7 View Post
Hello everyone, October is the last month we will be definitely avoiding so I thought I would come into this 20s something thread. November is 50/50 depending on how much time we can make when we're in Disneyland :

I'm doing WW, exercising, and taking a prenatal (I should probably bump that up to 3) & folic in the AM and a Calcium Magnesium and Vitamin D in the PM, any other tips? My cycles are finally pretty normal after a miscarriage in February and being on the nuvaring for July & August.

to everyone your BFPs will give me so much hope.
Welcome jaclyn! Sounds like you've got your bases covered. Red Raspberry Leaf tea is always a good thing if you are looking to get your uterous in tip top shape pre pregnancy.

#16 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 01:34 PM

Hi there, I'm relatively new to these boards, but would love to join up We're trying for baby #2!

Monday Check in:
Name: BCMomma
Date: October 1, 2008
Where are you at in your cycle: Day 23
Appointments: n/a
Symptoms if they apply: I think I just ovulated a few days ago (I have rather long & irregular cycles), but I've been having waves of nausia for a few days. I think it may be because I (am pretty sure) I don't ovulate every month- maybe it's harder on me this month? Because there's no way I'd have actual preggo symptoms before implantation, right? Also, had the teeniest bit of spotting the morning after sex, right around when I had EWCM, and have read that this could be "ovulation spotting", and a good sign of fertility. Anyone else have this?
Testing: October 9
Thoughts: I had my IUD out in July/07, and was on-again-off-again trying to concieve over this past year (maybe half of the months), because I've been incredibly indecisive about having another one. Something has shifted this month, however, and I feel as though I'm "on board" mentally- like I'm actually ready for #2- and I'm hoping the mental harmony I'm feeling about it transfers to my body & makes me open to getting pregnant this month! As per my doctor's request, I've recycled my temp. charts, and have been trying to have fun & pay more attention to CM. I'm taking Vitex & Maca to regulate my cycles, as well as a prenatal vitamins, wheatgrass, Udo's Choice Oil, spirulina powder, and liquid gingko biloba (the last 4 I've always taken in a morning smoothie).

Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's journey!
#17 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 02:12 PM

Snow~Pea, I felt TOTALLY comfortable with her; we chatted for a couple hours. I can be a little awkward when talking about personal stuff, but she was so cool I had no problem. Obviously I'm not pregnant and using her as a midwife midwife yet, but I'd definitely recommend her. She even helped me to figure out herbs because I prefer not to take things in capsule form for my own strange reasons, so we sorted through what was what in her recommended supplement, and she explained the various things. I definitely plan to call her when I get my BFP finally
#18 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 03:41 PM

[QUOTE=Snow~Pea;12292875]Did you only see that doctor once? Did she stick with the pcos diagnosis? Sorry, I was here then, but I don't remember.

QUOTE]

Yep, I only saw her once and wouldn't go back. Mind you, the PCOS thing wasn't one of the main reasons. Basically I felt she totally discounted my knowledge of myself, jumped to conclusions and had a total my way or the highway attitude. She didn't seem to beleive that I knew I wasn't ovulating and implied I just wasn't charting correctly. She wanted me to go to a very christian oriented centre, learn their way of charting and do it for 3 cycles before she'd even order any blood tests. At the time I hadn't ovulated for at least 6 months.

I'd decided she wasn't a good fit for me and that I'd follow my instincts that we didn't need help yet and wait it out for a bit.

I wasn't really angry at her until a couple weeks ago, when I got an envelope addressed to "Mr. Coslin ...." from the centre she wanted me to go to, asking for donations. The only way they could have gotten my name was from her records, as I had no other contact with them. I think this is a major breech of my privacy and totally out of line, but I haven't quite decided what to do about it yet. Stupidly, I threw out the envelope, so I don't have physical proof anymore. I guess if they send another one I should keep it.

So, other ttc-ers, what would you do? Report her, call her, just in case someone accessed her records without her knowledge, just get my name taken off their list and ignore it? Any suggestions?

Meanwhile, it's 11 dpo, temps are still up and I'm just trying to keep my mind occupied with other things. 2 weeks is way too long!

#19 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Meanwhile, it's 11 dpo, temps are still up and I'm just trying to keep my mind occupied with other things. 2 weeks is way too long!
well you could cheat and test early ...I had a positive at 11dpo...faint, but positive! ... eh eh?

hehe

#20 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 04:10 PM

Sorry I just posted on the old thread. IF my O date is correct, I'm 15DPO today!!!! Cross your fingers ladies, I think I got AF on 15dpo last month. I do not plan to test till Saturday, tired of wasting tests and trying to break my poas addiction. and ann of loxley is certainly not helping!
#21 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 04:21 PM

Monday Check in: errr a little late
Name: Michelle
Date:10/1/08
Where are you at in your cycle 10
Appointments:none
Symptoms if they apply: none
Testing: not for a while
Thoughts: When do I start testing with the opks? I didn't buy the internet cheapies (the target cheapies) so I can't afford to be a crazy lady and test non-stop.
#22 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneKnight View Post
Sorry I just posted on the old thread. IF my O date is correct, I'm 15DPO today!!!! Cross your fingers ladies, I think I got AF on 15dpo last month. I do not plan to test till Saturday, tired of wasting tests and trying to break my poas addiction. and ann of loxley is certainly not helping!
YOU CAN DO IT!!! Although testing can be exciting it is such a roller coster ride. Your on a high then it can quickly go down. AF is way easier to deal with.:
#23 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 06:22 PM

Welcome BCMomma, I am not sure on the ovulation spotting, but I hope its a good sign for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
Snow~Pea, I felt TOTALLY comfortable with her; we chatted for a couple hours. I can be a little awkward when talking about personal stuff, but she was so cool I had no problem. Obviously I'm not pregnant and using her as a midwife midwife yet, but I'd definitely recommend her. She even helped me to figure out herbs because I prefer not to take things in capsule form for my own strange reasons, so we sorted through what was what in her recommended supplement, and she explained the various things. I definitely plan to call her when I get my BFP finally
A couple of hours, wow. I'm so glad you felt comfortable with her and she was helpful. Aren't we lucky to have so many great midwives in our area? We will definately interview a few when the time comes, but in my head Stacia is already the front runner mainly because I have gotten to know her views pretty well here on MDC. I hope the new plan works and you get your BFP very soon!

Quote:
Yep, I only saw her once and wouldn't go back. Mind you, the PCOS thing wasn't one of the main reasons. Basically I felt she totally discounted my knowledge of myself, jumped to conclusions and had a total my way or the highway attitude. She didn't seem to beleive that I knew I wasn't ovulating and implied I just wasn't charting correctly. She wanted me to go to a very christian oriented centre, learn their way of charting and do it for 3 cycles before she'd even order any blood tests. At the time I hadn't ovulated for at least 6 months.

I'd decided she wasn't a good fit for me and that I'd follow my instincts that we didn't need help yet and wait it out for a bit.

I wasn't really angry at her until a couple weeks ago, when I got an envelope addressed to "Mr. Coslin ...." from the centre she wanted me to go to, asking for donations. The only way they could have gotten my name was from her records, as I had no other contact with them. I think this is a major breech of my privacy and totally out of line, but I haven't quite decided what to do about it yet. Stupidly, I threw out the envelope, so I don't have physical proof anymore. I guess if they send another one I should keep it.

So, other ttc-ers, what would you do? Report her, call her, just in case someone accessed her records without her knowledge, just get my name taken off their list and ignore it? Any suggestions?

I'd be pissed too, what a UAV! You really should call her out on it, but you're right, without the letter you don't really have anything to back up an accusation. You could always just ask, and if they say no then oh well. If they say yes then I would let them know how inappropriate it is for them to share your info with another organization without your permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneKnight View Post
Do not test, do not test, do not test, do not test, do not test...:

#24 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley View Post
well you could cheat and test early ...I had a positive at 11dpo...faint, but positive! ... eh eh?

hehe
That is not helping! Nope, my shortest LP was 13 days, longest was 16 so I won't test until I've seen 18 high temps in a row. That's 7 loooong days from now.

#25 of 414 Old 10-01-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
That is not helping! Nope, my shortest LP was 13 days, longest was 16 so I won't test until I've seen 18 high temps in a row. That's 7 loooong days from now.
oh my lanta! I can't beleive the self control in this group already! man I hope that rubs off on me!

(sure you don't wanna trot off to the bathroom...just for ol' time sake?)

just playin....

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
#26 of 414 Old 10-02-2008, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykbird View Post
oh my lanta! I can't beleive the self control in this group already! man I hope that rubs off on me!

(sure you don't wanna trot off to the bathroom...just for ol' time sake?)

just playin....
Luckily my bathroom is a test free zone right now, or I'd have a much harder time resisting. I really really hate negative tests.

OneKnight you're doing great! Resist the urge! Saturday's just a couple days away!

#27 of 414 Old 10-02-2008, 07:33 AM - Thread Starter

I disgarded my illness temperature becuase it was just way up there. Why does FF not take illness into account?...they dont seem to point out the temperature as possibly being faulty for some odd reason?...I dont know. So I just disgarded it because I figured it might just mess it all up.
Well - my temp was higher this morning. So...I thought id see what it would say if I make up tomorrows. And as long as it is the same as todays or higher - then it says I Od on the 30th. Otherwise...I dont think ive Od yet. And I think if I have not Od then this is one of those no-o cycles because my fertility signs are gone now and my cervical fluid is now creamy. Since being on the Vit B complex - my cycles have been cut shorter which is a good thing because then they are not so long and I O earlier...I am on the B vit now so I was going to O this cycle, then it should have already happened! So I guess we shall just see. Ill know in a few weeks regardless the outcome! lol
Ive got the same tender boobs AND tingly nipples I did when I was pregnant last month if anyone here likes to obsess over symptoms lmao...I do not normally get those sore tingly nipples otherwise. I know I still have a bit of hope left in me....but in all honesty - if I dont have a high temp tomorrow...then I do not think I have Od this cycle

#28 of 414 Old 10-02-2008, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I know I know...im a bad influence! hehe (obviously not bad enough though! hehe)

#29 of 414 Old 10-02-2008, 10:54 AM

October is my favorite month of the year! I love fall! Good luck to all of us!!

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
#30 of 414 Old 10-02-2008, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Luckily my bathroom is a test free zone right now, or I'd have a much harder time resisting. I really really hate negative tests.

OneKnight you're doing great! Resist the urge! Saturday's just a couple days away!
It helps that I only have one pee stick left and I don't want to "waste" it on a bfn. I've had slight passing AF-type cramps, and I've been keeping the pads close just in case, but so far still no AF.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page