-,-@ TTC for 12+ Months | October Thread @-,- - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 159 Old 10-30-2008, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If the van's a-rockin, don't bother knockin!!

Sorry, simonboy'smommy, I just couldn't resist : ... good luck with the SA!

Becca, mommy to my little pumpkin DS (10/09)
#152 of 159 Old 10-30-2008, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustKiya View Post
Our SA was 150 bucks, so I'd say you got off (Hehe) pretty well.

The last one we did was $180 - which they didn't bother to tell dh until after he had his sample ready and was you know, a little doe-eyed.

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering 8/00, 5/04, 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09), Bella (04/06-06/12) & Keevah (06/03-04/14)
#153 of 159 Old 10-30-2008, 09:20 PM

I LOVE the van story. That's perfect We haven't had a lab SA done yet so I do not know what the cost would be here, but 50 sounds reasonable to me!

I believe I am probably 2dpo now, and as I said in the Den, hope is setting in. And as poetgirl said (paraphrasing): Quick, duck and cover! I am feeling quite positive about this cycle, because I ovulated like... at least four days earlier than my earliest ovulation. And that has to be a good thing. Maybe Younger Egg will be more in a party mood and mingle with the Whippersnapper Sperm and they'll get it together.

Just in case, I'm uh... wearing three fertility necklaces and thinking "babybabybaby" every day. At this point, I'd try anything.
#154 of 159 Old 10-31-2008, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkin View Post
Just in case, I'm uh... wearing three fertility necklaces and thinking "babybabybaby" every day. At this point, I'd try anything.
I Love this!! And must admit a desire to pick up every fertility goddess statue I see and bring it home. Of course I don't. But I have been considering getting this print from Jonathon Earl Bowser of Isis to put above my bed. Ok, I've wanted it for many years, just haven't ordered it yet. Love his work.

So, like a dork, I did it. Went back to the Jan. '07 thread and read about my bfp and last mc - really wanted to see if I wrote about any symptoms. I'm trying not to read too much into how I'm feeling - because as history shows, I only get pg every three years or so. : But I certainly have tender breasts, have a rash/pseudo-psorisis thing on the back of my neck that I've had since I was 12 and only acts up when my hormones are fluctuating and it's driving me nuts - and yesterday I balled for an hour because some lady was mean to me on the phone at work. I also went to bed early last night - I was exhausted.

So who knows. :

Binkin, where'd you get your necklaces?

~T | head-strong ap mama to 2 fur-kids | TTC since 2001 | remembering 8/00, 5/04, 1/07 & fur-kids, Apollo (04/03-12/09), Bella (04/06-06/12) & Keevah (06/03-04/14)
#155 of 159 Old 10-31-2008, 01:18 PM

fierrbug -- wow, I love that Isis print. I have this one of Cernunnos in the living room:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=12202716

The fertility necklaces... two are from Fyrestorm (a member here) -- her shop is at http://fyrestormcreations.etsy.com/ if you want to have a look. I have the heart fertility pendant, and then a pregnant belly bead... it's dark blue with leaves growing up on it. Both of those are on a satin cord. Then I have this necklace:
http://www.labelledame.com/fertility-jewelry.html

(scroll down a bit!) It is wee tiny and has a turtle. I traded for all these things (knitted mitts, I think, in all cases).

: for you!
#156 of 159 Old 10-31-2008, 02:31 PM

Simon's mommy - that's funny! we are doing a semen analysis later this month and the testing facility is about 35 minutes from our house, but the paperwork says you have to get it there in 30 minutes.

i made a flippant comment to the woman on the phone about how we'll be in the parking lot b/c of the time problem and she was horrified. she said, oh we just say 30 minutes, but up to 50 minutes is fine....

i can only imagine how many crazy things they have seen in their parking lot!

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#157 of 159 Old 10-31-2008, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just picked up the little cup and paperwork for DH to do his very first s/a. sigh.
How did we get here?!
I know it is not the end of the world but I am sad that we have to do this, and then my testing stuff. Yech.

Then I finally have an apptomnt w- an RE in a few weeks- where she will analyze my CD 3 bloodwork and I suppose tell me my options?
Since I already know my options, will I just be wasting $$ since I can likely get the blood results on the phone since I have to pay for those too?
Do I need to pay 200 dollars to have an RE look at my charts and say- looks like you ovulate, look at my already done ultrasound and say, looks fine, and tell me I can try Clomid?
Anyway- I do feel that I need to move forward so I will give it a shot.
#158 of 159 Old 11-01-2008, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Ladies!!

Well it's that time again . . . . for a new thread. Can you believe that it's already November!!??

Do we have a volunteer to be hostess for the November threadkeeper?

#159 of 159 Old 11-03-2008, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, the new November Thread is here.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page