Irregular cycles, nursing, and TTC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 10-01-2008, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am nursing my 16 mo. old and am TTC. The problem is my cycle has never been regular. We tried for 4+ years before we conceived DD. This included 9 unsuccessful attempts with Clomid. It just happened by chance one month.

So, now I'm not sure what to do. I have no idea how to determine my fertile days since I sometimes go 3-4 months in between periods and rarely have symptoms of ovulation.

Anyone ever deal with something similar? I have no idea what to do besides have sex every other day forever and hope it happens! lol

I would appreciate any tips or advice! Thanks.
#2 of 5 Old 10-01-2008, 07:38 PM

Hi! I have the same problem and we are trying to conceive our first. My cycles are 3 and 4 months at a time and no rhyme or reason to them. My dr recently discovered I am not ovulating so they are starting me on Clomid. I cant get into my dr for another month yet so until then I am starting Maca every day and see if it works. I have heard alot of good about it so I am willing to try it.
#3 of 5 Old 10-02-2008, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

Interesting. I'll have to look into the Maca. I've never heard of it. I really hope things are easier this time around. I personally had a horrible Clomid experience and will do anything to avoid needing it again.
#4 of 5 Old 10-02-2008, 08:23 AM

Your welcome! I am looking forward to getting some maca and trying it. Hopefully it works before my dr app on the 30th so I dont have to go in! :
There is some threads on here about Maca, I dont have the link but if you search for it Im sure you will find it. I just bought mine on Amazon, I got a liquid since everyone says the powder smells horrible!
#5 of 5 Old 10-02-2008, 08:28 AM

I would suggest checking your cervix every day and when it feels like "S.H.O.W.", Soft, high, open and wet then have sex every other day on thoses days. I didn't alway have good fertile CM so that's what I had to go by the feel of my cervix some months. Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page