No AF, neg test, cycle out of whack...help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-11-2003, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We haven't been actively ttc but have decided that we will...so we haven't been too careful, but I kind of thought we were. Problem is my cycles have been really funky and irregular, which is odd b/c I am usually very regular 28-29 day cycle.

Last month my cycle was 23 days, I ov on cd 14...normal, but my luteal phase was only 8 days long which is not right for me. And now this cycle, I thought I ovulated on cd 17, a little late, but AF still hasn't appeared and I am on cd 35. We had unprotected sex on cd 26, but if I ov when I thought I did, eggwhite mucous and all, then pregnancy wouldn't make much sense. But this very long cycle is very strange for me.

I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. I was feeling like I was pms-ing but now all of a sudden all of the symptoms are gone, except for being tired. So what in darnation is going on?

Could something funky have happened with my ovulation? Any ideas????

Thank you ladies!!!

~Holly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2003, 12:20 AM

Have you had any usual stress lately? (Other than trying to figure out your cycle, I mean)

Been Sick? Traveling? Company?

Any or all of these could throw your cycles off.

What do you use for bc when you use? Is it hormone based?

I hope you get an answer you like soon.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

gonnabeamom, thank you for your reply! I still have no AF and I am going crazy trying to figure out what is going on.
To answer your questions, there has been a bit more stress this past month, yes, visitors, which was stressful, but I am almost certain that I ovulated before this, definitely EWCM. So, isn't it true that your ovulation can be pushed ahead by stress but not your actual flow?

We have used condoms up until the last week, when we haven't used anything b/c we have been planning on ttc soon and got a little carried away with ourselves

So I don't know what is happening, I have no more pms symptoms, but my lower back is killing me and I am quite tired. ??? I think I may go to the Dr. this week and see what she says.

Any other ideas?
Old 11-12-2003, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Maybe you O'd closer to CD 26 and the time you thought you o'd may have been an attempt to O but not the real thing?
I would maybe wait another week and if no AF then I would take another hpt!
Just my $.02.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter

hmmm, I think I may have O'd later than I thought, perhaps just a few days, I wasn't charting seriously this last month and now I really wish I had been. So I am thinking I might just be late, and I recalculated and I am only on day 34. I was looking at my past charts and a few months ago I had a 32 day cycle. so I'm not totally off. So maybe I was just off on my o day.... I guess I will know in the next few days anyway! I have been sick with Bronchitis too, maybe that has something to do with it too...???
Old 11-13-2003, 12:32 AM

Bronchitus (or at least my experience with it) can throw off your cycle. Get as much rest as you can and drink a lot of water! Bronchitus is tough. I used to get it every year until I started getting the flu shot. (I'm asthmatic).

good luck either way, I hope you get the result you want and get better soon!
Old 11-15-2003, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

AF came on Wednesday night after I drank a cup of ginger tea! Within two hours actually! Wow that really works

A little disappointed but that's okay, we are going to start trying for real next month (I'll be out of school).

But one thing I realized and can now really appreciate is that 2ww! I don't know how everone does it! It is SO stressful! sheesh...

Thanks again everyone
Old 11-15-2003, 07:32 PM

Glad you had a happy ending!

Good luck next month!
Old 11-15-2003, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Gonnabeamom, I don't know if it was a happy ending , I hope next month is luckier too.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:50 PM

OOH! I misinterpreted your smiley. :

Let me rephrase: I'm glad the confusion is over. Have fun trying on purpose!

User Tag List