Mothering Forum banner

2ww symptoms?

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  ann_of_loxley 
#1 ·
What are any of your 2ww symptoms? I know that our minds can play tricks on us, but still curious to know. I really feel like this is the month! I'm 6dpo and the last few days I've noticed that I've been hungrier than normal. Even waking up the other night from hunger and needing to eat something
: lol! Plus, I've been feeling really tired....but then I'm not sure because I'm always tired it seems. Also, feel like I'm getting an ear infection in my right ear. With my dd I got a cold during my 2ww. Oh, well!

Please share some of your crazy 2ww symptoms!

See less See more
#2 ·
Ugh, unfortunately, AF and pregnancy symptoms can be identical. This 2ww, I don't really have anything out of the ordinary, which I am hoping is a good sign. I am having a bit more CM than normal, though. However, it wouldn't surprise me if it was just one of those things, since it seems like I have something like that every month.

Just for the fun of it, though, these are the things I am experiencing:

Sore boobs (happens nearly every month)
Slight on and off cramps (happens nearly every month)
Twinges in pelvis (happens nearly every month)
Emotional (happens EVERY month)
Getting tongue tied (happens nearly every month)
Gassy (happens nearly every month)
More CM than normal (who knows)

#4 ·
My mood today = cynical, so take this for what it's worth. I am convinced that any 'symptom' of the 2WW is just the effects of LP progesterone on our systems. Sometimes it's different than others, but always that.

I have heard it told to me over and over and over again by women who were pregnant before HPTs were available and so many of them said "I had no idea until I was about 2 weeks late for my period". I've heard from a number of sites and doctors who all say that 6 weeks is typically when symptoms show. So, I say, anything in the 2WW is normal.

That said, will I obsess over every twinge and 'sign' and notable item. Yep. But, I'm still sure that what we experience in the 2WW is just the effect of Progesterone. Darn it.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olerica View Post
My mood today = cynical, so take this for what it's worth. I am convinced that any 'symptom' of the 2WW is just the effects of LP progesterone on our systems. Sometimes it's different than others, but always that.

I have heard it told to me over and over and over again by women who were pregnant before HPTs were available and so many of them said "I had no idea until I was about 2 weeks late for my period". I've heard from a number of sites and doctors who all say that 6 weeks is typically when symptoms show. So, I say, anything in the 2WW is normal.

That said, will I obsess over every twinge and 'sign' and notable item. Yep. But, I'm still sure that what we experience in the 2WW is just the effect of Progesterone. Darn it.

lol I like how you gave the disclaimer that you were "cynical" today before you went on about progesterone...and honestly I am totally with you, Sore boobs, hungry, achy, tired, aren't they just normal feelings that come with everyday life?

although today I turned around to throw something in the garbage and the room just was spinning and I thought "Uh! dizziness!!!! wonder what that means...!??!"

we just can't help ourselves

#6 ·
I guess part of me likes to obsess over symptoms in the 2ww and part of me hates it. But no matter what kind of day it is, I still obsess.

This month my symptoms are:

-sore and sometimes tingly nipples since 3dpo
-mild cramps, sometimes on the right side (where I O'ed from) and sometimes in the middle/lower area
-2 waves of nausea today, both followed by hot flashes
-thirsty
-food pickiness. I'm super hungry but nothing appeals to me.

That's pretty much it. After trying for 6 months, I am still hypersensitive to my body but not so optimistic about the outcome.

#7 ·
Oh, the 2ww body obsession...you can't stop it no matter how hard you try. This month, my boobs felt "full" and had cramping on 3dpo which is not typical for me. Even through 12 months of trying, I've never had even "psychological-based" full boobs and cramps, although I've had other purely pschological-based symptoms for sure! I know that it is way too early for any signs/symptoms, so I don't give them any merit at all. I blame my body/mind for playing cruel jokes on me to give me hope that "this may be the month" once again.

#10 ·
The only symptom I'm having this month is exhaustion. Nothing else. I'm taking it as a good sign because when I was TTC DS2 for 6 mos I had every symptom in the book month after month. Then the one month I was symptom free I was pregnant!

#11 ·
I'm currently 5 DPO, and I've had some weird stuff going on, but I'm starting to think it's just my head messing with me.....ugh.

~At 1 DPO, I was walking down this hill in my MIL's backyard when suddenly I got this really intense nerve pain right where the epidural got put in last time. I've NEVER felt anything there since having ds. The pain was pretty obvious at first, then dissipated but I was still kind of achey in the area for the rest of the night.

~the next day, I was walking around in our neighborhood with ds when I got this really weird dry, cottony taste in my mouth. It wasn't just that I was thirsty, it was more like I had taken a bite out of a cotton ball. Very strange.

~Last night, I fell asleep at about 11, woke up at 2, then got woken up by a bad/strange dream at 5; my head was pounding with adrenaline, which quickly turned into a headache, and that kept me awake for the next HOUR.
never get headaches, either. This wasn't a random one, since I know what caused it, but still... I've never had this happen before. Also, while I was trying to go back to sleep my whole pelvic area felt kind of butterfly-ish/on high alert, just different.

~ I was even more tired today than usual, even though I slept for a total of nine hours last night. I also could have sworn I felt a bit of nausea earlier today, but it was over rather quickly.

Ugh. I don't know! I was convinced that I was the first two days, and now I'm thinking that most of this could be caused by being obsessed with pregnancy, and the rest could just be the usual pre-AF stuff.
Thursday is my 8 DPO, and I'm testing first thing in the morning, cuz I just can't wait any longer! I'm using $ store tests, so I'll just keep testing every couple of days for a bit if I don't like what I see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.