Late October thru Mid-November FREAKFEST! (Oct/Nov testers) - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 387 Old 10-29-2008, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:::::
Congrats Kim and Freeze!!!

:::::

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#182 of 387 Old 10-29-2008, 01:27 PM

Congrats Kim & Freeze!!

Married Mom to K(8), K(7) & C born March 23rd.
#183 of 387 Old 10-29-2008, 01:36 PM

:::::::::

Congrats to Kim Probable, too! WOW lots of BFP's!

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#184 of 387 Old 10-29-2008, 04:52 PM

Congratulations to Kim and Freeze! ! !

:::

Rhiannon (33), writer and grad student. Miscarriages in 5/08, 3/09, and 7/09.  Deliriously happy mom to DD (10 mos), 8 weeks premature and miracle baby.  Remembering her twin brother, lost 5/10 to pulmonary hypoplasia after PPROM (preterm premature rupture of membranes).
#185 of 387 Old 10-29-2008, 05:04 PM

Hooray to Kim!

Hooray Freeze!

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#186 of 387 Old 10-29-2008, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, FF tells me today that I ovulated on CD12, to which I roll my eyes. Clearly it's missing the boat on chart interpretation because not only is it ignoring the fact the temp it likes was taken 90 minutes early, but also that all other signs point to "not yet".

Anyhow, I have a QOTD..... actually two of them...
If you're TTCing#1, what attracted you to MDC?
For our veteran mothers, how did you decide you were an AP/NFL parent?

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
#187 of 387 Old 10-29-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufilia View Post
Well, FF tells me today that I ovulated on CD12, to which I roll my eyes. Clearly it's missing the boat on chart interpretation because not only is it ignoring the fact the temp it likes was taken 90 minutes early, but also that all other signs point to "not yet".
Hmmmm....what was your CM doing on CD's 11 and 12? It seems unlikely that you ovulated with watery CM on CD's 13 and 14. Why don't you go buy some OPK's and watch and see. I bet you will catch your LH surge or maybe the tail end of it!

Quote:
It was sort of a progression for me. I was NOT natural for the first two. I had epidurals, and vaxxed them up. I only breastfed DD#1 for three months. With DS #1 I breastfed 11 months. After he was born I went to my best friend's birth and I was hooked. Hubby found a childbirth educator/doula class through UCSD for me and that is where I really changed. My future midwife was one of my teachers. With number three I had a home waterbirth and the same with number four. I nursed number #3 for 13 months and an still nursing #4 and she is 17 months today! So, you see it just sort flowed and happened. I think with more information, more readily available it is helping spread the word about alternatives to mainstream ideas about pregnancy, childbirth and parenting.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#188 of 387 Old 10-29-2008, 07:10 PM

Hi everybody!

Hope this Wednesday finds everyone well. I'm just finishing up the work day and thought I'd pop into MDC which I've been neglecting shamefully. Many apologies. But I got my comeuppance when I saw about a BILLION pages of replies to go through. So I'll do my best catching up.

Firstly...Freeze & Kim: CONGRATS on your BFP! : Hope I didn't miss any other BFPs.

Aufilia: What attracted me to MDC? A friend of mine found some great natural medical information here and ultimately I found the TTC forum. That was WAY before I got married, so when I actually started TTC, I knew just where to go. I've learned a lot in the last few months, that's for sure.

Update on me: Temps were up, doing great, and it dropped a few tenths on Monday...then dropped a bit yesterday, but is holding steady today. I don't anticipate a pg this month. Since ovulation was delayed (the first I've experienced and known about, and watched on a chart), I really didn't get timing right. I think we got 2 days before and the day after, and since I'm not confident DH has "supersperm" or I have "superCM", I don't feel we hit close enough to the mark. I have a feeling we'll have to hit it on the day, you know? Sigh.

So I'm at 11dpo today. I expect to get to at least 13-14dpo before AF visits, unless my temp tomorrow morning careens downward. I'm digging this temping thing. Seeing my progress each day takes the pressure off of POAS. I haven't felt the urge yet! And here I'm 3 days late. If I hadn't known I ovulated late (by my temps) I would have been off the wall right now.

About my pictures and wedding dress, to those who commented: Yes, I sewed both my wedding dress and evening bodice, as well as my sister's dress (bridesmaid) and the groom's uniform. I am crazy passionate about historical clothing. Now if only I can design clothes, I might be able to design modern clothes with a vintage twist. But I suck at designing clothes. Designing a greeting card, sure. Clothes, nope. Historical clothes are fun--especially Civil War era, because then you have the hoop and the corset and get to be the "belle of the ball"...literally. I'm working on a straw bonnet now. Probably sounds Really Weird to those who don't sew or aren't into history, but I guess we all have our passions.

Anyhoo. See you soon!
#189 of 387 Old 10-30-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
whats a NFL parent?
#190 of 387 Old 10-30-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
I've known since I was 18 or 19 that I wanted to have a homebirth (I'm 31 now)--the way the medical industry approaches pregnancy seemed "off" to me and demeaning somehow. Then I took a gender studies class in which I read an article about how disempowering the normative laboring procedure in hospitals is. That helped me confirm that I wanted nothing to do with hospital birth if possible.

I got pregnant last March and started hanging out on another forum--but I wasn't really comfortable there. The women there characterized homebirth as gross and dangerous, and I knew there had to be a place for like-minded folk. So I started googling, then wound up here, happily!

I actually know very little about AP, or NFL as a formal kind of thing, though I've dabbled in herbalism off and on for over ten years. That's kind of NFL-y, yeah?

Rhiannon (33), writer and grad student. Miscarriages in 5/08, 3/09, and 7/09.  Deliriously happy mom to DD (10 mos), 8 weeks premature and miracle baby.  Remembering her twin brother, lost 5/10 to pulmonary hypoplasia after PPROM (preterm premature rupture of membranes).
#191 of 387 Old 10-30-2008, 11:47 AM

Temps dropped this a.m. AF here I come.

Poo.

:
#192 of 387 Old 10-30-2008, 11:51 AM

Ok I got it...NFL I mean.
Anyways, I never really thought about AP or NFL until my friend mentioned cloth diapers to me to save money. Well, we made the switch a while back and since then, my eyes have been opened to a whole new world! My dd has very sensitive skin and I have found that stuff that is totally natural works best for her. We are in the process of going to NFL. We are doing it gradually. I feel like with the way the economy is we should turn to the earth to supply our needs. I believe that's the way God intended it to be anyways.
As far as AP and natural birth, I have always wanted to do things totally natural. Just always felt like that was the only way that was right for me. If I had known what I know now when my dd was born, things would have been totally different! Everything that happened was totally the opposite of natural! We are planning a home birth with the next one. I may not even go to an OB at all and either do my prenatal care myself or just go to my PCP. We vaxed what was suggested by AAP with dd, and will with the next, but may be more selective and only get what we feel is truly necessary.
I never really thought of us as being AP parents until I read what AP is and was like "Hey, we do that, and that, and that." LOL DD was held constantly for like the first 3 months of her life by SOMEONE. We dont bed share (dh isn't comfortable with it), but dd slept in her crib in our room for first year and I took naps with her during the day (still do sometimes). This time we are compromising and going to get one of those so-sleepers that attaches to our bed. I just in the last 7 months or so discovered baby-wearing and have since purchased 2 carriers. I will DEF be a baby wearing mama with the next one! DD doesn't like it all the time now, but does on some days.
#193 of 387 Old 10-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
When I was preg with DD I just knew that I wanted a homebirth (I don't like being in hospitals, I was born at home, and I attended my sister's homebirth), I knew I would breastfeed (I didn't know that I would for 2.5 years!), I was instantly attracted to the idea of baby wearing, even though I had never ever seen or heard of anyone using a sling (except in foreign countries like Africa), and was thrilled to find them so easily available. DD slept with us for the her first two years as well, just made sense...and then was happy to have her own bed! The first time I had ever heard the term "attachment parenting" was when DD was around 4 months old! Once I learned what that meant, I knew I was one of them! That is also the same conversation that I learned of Mothering Magazine. I came to the boards much later however. But am glad to be here with like minded ladies and the occasional fella.

OH!! Congrats on our newest BFP!! WHOOOO HOOOOO! It's in the air ladies, I'm telling you-- Breathe it in!
#194 of 387 Old 10-30-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amymckinney View Post

Poo.

:
BOOO! i am sorry amy!!!!

yeah for FREEZE AND KIM!!!! awesome girls!

always :
- baby boy arrived in Oct 2009!
#195 of 387 Old 10-30-2008, 06:01 PM

I'm still around...just not much going on. 6dpo & not feeling much of anything. Temps are staying high.

Married Mom to K(8), K(7) & C born March 23rd.
#196 of 387 Old 10-30-2008, 06:15 PM

I'm still here too! lol, 11 dpo today i think

Katelin (24) married to DH (23) since 05/09 and mother to DD born 08/10. Ttc #2 since Jan 11! Hoping for good luck in 03-11..my birth month
chartnew.gif  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/229f8c
#197 of 387 Old 10-30-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amymckinney View Post

Poo.

:

Sorry Amy! I guess your baby wants to make sure he/she is a Leo.

I'm STILL waiting to O. I'm thinking today or tomorrow.

#198 of 387 Old 10-31-2008, 01:55 AM

ok so i ve been tracking cm a lil more this month and i m thinking ive been o ing a tad bit later than i was thinking!!!! agh...so to be sure we squeezed in a lot more love this month and we will see!!!! you can add me to the waiting to know list!!! around the second week of november!
#199 of 387 Old 10-31-2008, 11:46 AM
Banned

Hmmm, If I go by the OPK, no O today... But if I go by CM, It's time.... to be getting it on!
#200 of 387 Old 10-31-2008, 09:27 PM

hey guys..i'm supposed to test in the morning..but dp wants me to wait til wednesday..Wednesday!! My period will be two days late by then! Oh well, i'm sure it'll save me a few tests and some $$ g/l to everyone!

Katelin (24) married to DH (23) since 05/09 and mother to DD born 08/10. Ttc #2 since Jan 11! Hoping for good luck in 03-11..my birth month
#201 of 387 Old 10-31-2008, 09:27 PM

Oh and Happy Halloween!

#202 of 387 Old 11-01-2008, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi girls --

I think all the updates have now been made to the first post.... please check and let me know if anything else needs fixing.

To answer my own question about AP/NFL parenting --
While I never really thought about it before we had a kid, my parents were pretty AP parents -- cloth diapers, extended nursing (15 months... in the 70s)... we even coslept when we were sick, as kids.... and the whole AP thing just really felt right to me. I have found that we've both gotten increasingly crunchy. I admit to being one of those pro-nursing infant mamas who was all "ewww a toddler's nursing!!"... 'til my kid became a nursing toddler. I don't actually consider us very NFL though I think most mainstream people would.

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
#203 of 387 Old 11-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Banned

I think it is so interesting how many of us found the AP lifestyle inherently. With out seeking it out, it is just the way we are
#204 of 387 Old 11-01-2008, 11:25 AM
Banned

AH! I just looked at my OPK stick.... It's says O!
DTD last night as cervix was "Open for business" but I think we might just have to DTD again...
#205 of 387 Old 11-01-2008, 12:05 PM

I think I first discovered AP/NFL when I got pregnant. I decided I wanted a home waterbirth. After I connected with our midwife, it was a natural flow from there. We wore our DD in slings and coslept. Our DD (now 2 1/2) has her own bed in another room now. However, I end up sleeping there many nights. One morning our DD woke up and said "I sleep by myself!" I asked her if she liked it. She said "No, I like sleeping with people."
I also thought I'd BF until age 1 or so. Then when she turned one I couldn't imagine stopping. What a sad birthday present! We're still BFing.
I'm so thankful that Mothering Magazine and MDC exist.

Just an update, I'm about 9 dpo.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#206 of 387 Old 11-01-2008, 01:07 PM

Happy All Souls Day!

I'm starting to think we missed the boat this month, despite Olympic amounts of spelunking. Online calculators said I was supposed to O on the 23rd; but then CM and cramps started pointing to Oing on the 26th. I just started temping on the 27th, and I had a huge spike on starting on the 27th. Maybe it was still going up from earlier; there's no way to know. But the last time we DTD was on the 26th; we probably started four days too early. Hopefully those swimmers were able to hang on as long as they needed to to catch the egg.

One weird thing is that I had cramps from the 23rd to the 30th--intense ones. I've never had O cramping that long, ever, so maybe it's a good sign? Besides that, I feel normal.

I'd link to my chart so you could take a look, but I can't figure out how to do it--I can't find anything in the "Sharing" bar of FF that would give me a link. Suggestions?

We didn't get many trick-or-treaters last night, so now there's massive amounts of candy left over.

Good luck Vegan Mama. Any news, AmyMckinney? Holding up, Katie?

#207 of 387 Old 11-01-2008, 02:10 PM

Just thought I'd answer the question about AP.

As a parent, I feel it's my job to look at all the available ideas/options/opinions on every issue and make the best choices for my kid. It just kind of happens that most of those are AP: staying home with her, carrying her as an infant (she actually hated the sling) holding her for naps, extended BFing, co-sleeping, mostly organic/natural foods (we're also vegetarian.)

I think that me and DH think of ourselves as child-focused - doing what is right and important for her at every stage. Of course that does not mean we neglect "us" time (time apart from her makes for a good Mommy and Daddy too!)

Honestly, not to pat ourselves on the back but ... the most well-behaved, well-mannered, well-adjusted kids I meet at every age - it turns out that their parents are AP. (Well, maybe to pat ourselves on the back a little!

FWIW: In my "waiting to know" in November, AF is due to arrive 11/7. Thanks!

Me (40) DH (49) daring DD (9) and darling DS - almost THREE! (born June 25, 2010 in an amazing, unplanned homebirth.jpg

#208 of 387 Old 11-01-2008, 05:26 PM

I am still in the club...

af came late last night

to answer the question... I wasnt nfl at all before my son was born.. the moment I laid eyes on him everything changed.. for the most part I just did what came natural.. but then started reading more... I have to admit I am a bit ocd, so the more I find out, the more change.. my dh is slowly getting enough though.. he isnt like me at all..
#209 of 387 Old 11-01-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon09 View Post
Happy All Souls Day!

I'm starting to think we missed the boat this month, despite Olympic amounts of spelunking. Online calculators said I was supposed to O on the 23rd; but then CM and cramps started pointing to Oing on the 26th. I just started temping on the 27th, and I had a huge spike on starting on the 27th. Maybe it was still going up from earlier; there's no way to know. But the last time we DTD was on the 26th; we probably started four days too early. Hopefully those swimmers were able to hang on as long as they needed to to catch the egg.

One weird thing is that I had cramps from the 23rd to the 30th--intense ones. I've never had O cramping that long, ever, so maybe it's a good sign? Besides that, I feel normal.

I'd link to my chart so you could take a look, but I can't figure out how to do it--I can't find anything in the "Sharing" bar of FF that would give me a link. Suggestions?

We didn't get many trick-or-treaters last night, so now there's massive amounts of candy left over.

Good luck Vegan Mama. Any news, AmyMckinney? Holding up, Katie?
I couldn't figure out how to get my chart in my signacture either. Someone helped me so now I will "pay it foward" so to speak. If you go to fertiliey friend and sign in and then go to sharing you will see a tab for homepage setup. Setup your homepage and then once that is done, highlight the address in the address bar. Leave it open in case you need it again and open MDC in another window and through CP user edit your signature. Pick which chart icon you want and highlight it. Then click the little globe in the task bar above. Another window will open up where you will paste the address from fertility friend and click okay. Then save your signature and chart link will be in there. I hope that is clear enough!

#210 of 387 Old 11-02-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon09 View Post
Any news, AmyMckinney?
Hi Rhiannon,

On FF, from my chart, I clicked "Home Page Setup" and near the top of the page, in a box field, it shows what your chart URL is. Then copy that, and in a message here (or signature), I think all you do is highlight the copy you want to link, click the "Insert Link" button right above in the format bar, then paste your URL into that. I think that's how it's done. I'll try it:

Here's my chart!

AFM: Speaking of my chart and news....well, I don't have any real news, except that AF still hasn't come (yay!), I'm on 14DPO of the weirdest cycle I think I've ever had (delayed ovulation it seems), and my temps went up yesterday and today after falling for 4 days straight. The falling ones never fell below the coverline, so I presume I'm still in the game for this cycle, just waiting to see if I can hold out high temps for 4 more days. ~Woohoo!~

Haven't caught up on everything yet (I was out of town Friday and today) so I hope everyone else is doing well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page