*~* TWW - Early November *~* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 268 Old 10-22-2008, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, so I know its early to start this thread. A whole lot of us probably haven't even O'd (I should around the 25/26).... but I figured I'd start it anyway.

The early October thread was super, super "productive"... PUN Intended.

For me, this cycle I intended to do lots & lots of decaf green tea and guaifenesin. Pretty easy things... thought it might help my CM a bit (just off BCP in August... not quite back to normal yet).

However - I ended up with a really awful head/chest cold and have taken decongestants and NyQuil the past few days/nights - which will have the complete opposite effect on my CM. I'm even hoping to feel well enough to BD on the appropriate nights...

I also have an appointment to get two wisdom teeth out next Tuesday. Feeling already like this cycle may be a wash... but maybe that will make the TWW easier?... (yeah right)...

Hoping for good results on this thread in November!

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#2 of 268 Old 10-23-2008, 05:31 PM

Hi Lis,
I'm pretty sure that my O date was yesterday, 10/22. So I'll join you in the wait. My cycles have been 31 days the past few months, so my test date will be 11/5 or around there.
I know what you mean about being sick. I've had a cold this month too. We'll see what happens. Thanks for starting this thread!
Jess

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#3 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Jess -

Thanks for joining the wait with me, I was lonely!

I think I O'd yesterday evening, or will sometime today. We've BD'd pretty precisely on time... so I guess we'll see! I like to hope that I can wait until 11/10 to test, but I'm apt to get impatient. However, I don't have any tests at home - so unless I have some pretty impressive symptoms, I think I'll be waiting. :

I see you have a DD as well... how do you think she will react to a new baby brother or sister? My DD will be well over 6 by time any new baby brother or sister comes along, and it will be interesting to see how she does. I worry about how I'll share my time, but she's pretty independent and I think she'll be excited about helping! She can really be a little Mommy to some friends she has that are much younger than her.

Okay.... hope we'll have some more thread joiners to hang out during the long, long TWW!

#4 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 11:29 AM

Ha, I'll join, but I haven't Oed yet. I am due to O on October 31. I will be testing November 10th. I test early since my LP is very short! I am taking Vitex this cycle, so hopefully it will help a little bit.

Glad to be here!

Alicewyf knit.gif , wife to DH reading.gif and mama to toddler Lillian energy.gif (7/09)!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**stork-boy.gif40

Prayerfully expecting our little BOY in June of 2012! And so excited to be cd.gif and bfinfant.gifagain!

#5 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicewyf View Post
Ha, I'll join, but I haven't Oed yet. I am due to O on October 31. I will be testing November 10th. I test early since my LP is very short! I am taking Vitex this cycle, so hopefully it will help a little bit.

Glad to be here!

I'm due to O on Halloween too! We will have to wait and see together!! I'm using preseed this cycle because it worked so well the last time.

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#6 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 11:48 AM

I'm hoping to O anytime from this weekend to early next week. AF is due on Nov. 8th. Hopefully she wont even have a chance to show her face. I wont test until AF is late.

Married Mom to K(8), K(7) & C born March 23rd.
#7 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 11:56 AM

I should O on Sun/Mon. I really truly hope this is the one it's cycle 10 and I'm getting tired.

Wife to DH of 5 years; Mommy to 3 dogs & 2 cats; Trying to conceive since 01/2008
#8 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 01:08 PM

oooohhhh can i join, pretty please? i o'd on the 20th!
#9 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 01:22 PM

my current test date is Nov 3rd :

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#10 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 02:44 PM

I am going to join in HOPES that I Ovulate around Halloween, though it would be a miracle!

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#11 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 03:19 PM

I feel pretty positve that I O'd last night, despite what my chart says. I think it will correct itself with more temp imput anyways. I think I will test Novemeber 3rd. I hate seeing BFNs, so I'll wait as long as I can before testing.

A tired mommy to DD (7/09) and loving wife to DH (08/06)
#12 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondeb View Post
I should O on Sun/Mon. I really truly hope this is the one it's cycle 10 and I'm getting tired.
I'm on cycle 9. And I'm already there (tired).

I know how you feel!!! Good luck this month
#13 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

everyone!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsondeb

I'm on cycle 9. And I'm already there (tired).

I know how you feel!!! Good luck this month
Zen & Nelson... I hope your TTC journeys aren't much longer! It was 11 cycles for my DD, and I remember starting to think it was just never, ever going to happen. Made that eventual BFP a little more surreal!

Hoping this time around its much less than that... but I'm sort of prepared for the long haul.

I'm interested to hear about all our really good TWW symptoms this time around!

Sooo... I have an appointment to get 2 wisdom teeth pulled on Tuesday. I'm wondering about taking ibuprofen after. Its going to hurt. I won't know if I'm PG yet... any ideas on the risks of that? I don't feel like going into the tiny details with the oral surgeon... "There is the possibility I'm exactly 2 wks and 3 days pregnant..." Maybe I'll give a call to my ob/gyn...

Happy Friday everyone!

#14 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 07:21 PM

I would like to join...I should O by Sun. and I'm trying not test until AF is late which will be Nov. 9th!!

GL Ladies!!!

33 Year Old w/ a on the way w/ my DH. EDD 4/6/2011. Mama to Lotus Olivia 7/17/09 and fur mom to 1 and 1
#15 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I expect to O on the 28th

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
#16 of 268 Old 10-24-2008, 11:09 PM

yay! It's good to see all the responses on here.
Lis, Our DD is in a hitting mode right now. She's really impulsive. I'm hoping that as she gets older she'll do that less.

My friends who have a baby and a toddler were exhausted at first and then found their rhythm. That is one thing my friend said is that with her DD she was able to sit and nurse her and give her so much one on one. She feels badly that with her DS (now 4 months old), he has to wait longer sometimes to get what he needs.
It will probably be easier with a 6 year old and an infant. One of my friends is 5 years younger than her brother and she said they got along so well. Your daughter will be old enough to really help out like you said. To me it seems like that age difference will work well. Especially if she already is very mothering to other kids.

#17 of 268 Old 10-25-2008, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisko15 View Post
:
Sooo... I have an appointment to get 2 wisdom teeth pulled on Tuesday. I'm wondering about taking ibuprofen after. Its going to hurt. I won't know if I'm PG yet... any ideas on the risks of that? I don't feel like going into the tiny details with the oral surgeon... "There is the possibility I'm exactly 2 wks and 3 days pregnant..." Maybe I'll give a call to my ob/gyn...

Happy Friday everyone!
According to the pregnancy book by Dr. Sears, Ibuprofen is fine in the first two trimesters. I have taken it a little here and there earlier in pregnancy and my babies.births were A-okay. Sorry about the extractions! Youch!

Stephanie-33 lucky mama of 5 precious ones: DD-12, DS-9 , DS-6 , and DD-3 and Bridget Alannah  SHE'S ONE NOW! loving wife to DH-38
#18 of 268 Old 10-25-2008, 09:01 AM

Think I O'd yesterday. Pretty heft temp spike. Hopefully temps stay up now! I never seen EWCM tho. Just really slippery wet. *shrug*

Married Mom to K(8), K(7) & C born March 23rd.
#19 of 268 Old 10-25-2008, 10:38 AM

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm in my TWW.

My temps the last few days have been really weird - higher than normal but hard to say whether it was b/c my daughter was waking me up overnite or b/c I O-ed early. So O either on CD12 or CD14. (I indicated CD 14 on my chart, and marked the temps as disturbances mostly out of desperation.)

If it *was* CD12 I'm totally frelled - there is no way we made it - we only BDed ONCE during my fertile time. : and that was last night.

And of course, this screws everything up for a TON of reasons - I've pretty much got to skip the next few months b/c DH is a teacher and there is no way I'm having a baby right when he goes back to school and DD starts 1st grade next year.

I'm so freakin' bummed .....

Me (40) DH (49) daring DD (9) and darling DS - almost THREE! (born June 25, 2010 in an amazing, unplanned homebirth.jpg

#20 of 268 Old 10-25-2008, 02:45 PM

Can I join?I got a peak read on my monitor yesterday and again today so we will be at it again tonight.Af is due sometime between the 6th-9th.Sometimes I'm 28 days and others 31.But unless I have some signs,I won't test.At least that is what I tell myself anyhow.
#21 of 268 Old 10-25-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelleNichelle View Post
Can I join?I got a peak read on my monitor yesterday and again today so we will be at it again tonight.Af is due sometime between the 6th-9th.Sometimes I'm 28 days and others 31.But unless I have some signs,I won't test.At least that is what I tell myself anyhow.
Of course you can join! Welcome:

#22 of 268 Old 10-26-2008, 10:13 PM

Lis,
Good luck at the dentist tomorrow!

#23 of 268 Old 10-27-2008, 12:42 AM

Got a big fat positive on the OPK today. DH was unable to perform, again. Although, we DTD Friday and Saturday, hopefully that was enough

Wife to DH of 5 years; Mommy to 3 dogs & 2 cats; Trying to conceive since 01/2008
#24 of 268 Old 10-27-2008, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all!

Jess - Thanks for thinking of me! I get the teeth out tomorrow at 10:30. Yuck, yuck, yuck... I absolutely hate the dentist and I'm not looking forward to the appointment. : But it needs to be taken care of! And DH took the day off to take me, so I'll get to be a bit babied.

As for my DD and a new baby... I think she'll be okay. Her dad and I are no longer together, and both remarried, & his wife is 4 months along. So DD will get to experience a new baby brother or sister at her dad's before she does at our house. However, she lives with me, only visits with dad on weekends, so the dynamics will be different. I know she will be jealous sometimes... and probably really over-Mommy at other times.

I'm sure its way harder with a toddler and an infant... but so many do it, it must be okay!

Firewoman - Thanks for the input on the ibuprofen issue. I'm going to try not to use it, but it works so much better for me than Tylenol!

Quote:
whozeyermamma - If it *was* CD12 I'm totally frelled - there is no way we made it - we only BDed ONCE during my fertile time. and that was last night.
All it really takes is once ! Maybe it really was the 14th anyway... getting up in the middle of the night can make your temps wacky. I'd also rather not deliver an infant in late August or September when DD will start 1st grade... but I don't think we'll be avoiding that risk. If it happens, we'll deal with it. However, if DH was a teacher as your's is, I'd probably feel different!

Nelson - I hope this is your cycle!

Welcome to everyone else...

#25 of 268 Old 10-27-2008, 06:42 PM

I'll join. I haven't Oed yet, but I should soon. I'll give a date once I've Oed. We'll see how this cycle goes. DH and I are scheduled to go see the OBGYN on Nov. 4th, because we've been trying a year. I've also been to the doctor about vertigo I've been having, and I may need to have an MRI. This may foil plans somewhat, but as of now, we're still trying. Seeing as we BDed today with EWCM, it's too late to not try this cycle. If I get pregnant, then I get pregnant, and we'll have to figure out what to do about my vertigo from there. (If I put a hold on TTC due to all things medical, we'd never try!)

Okay, I'm rambling! Good luck everyone!

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#26 of 268 Old 10-28-2008, 10:18 AM

How are you gals holding up so far? The wait is killing me! This has been our best cycle trying, yet I still kinda feel detached. I really don't want to get my hopes up.

#27 of 268 Old 10-28-2008, 10:22 AM

I'm okay, although I'm only 2dpo

I'm hopeful, yet not hopeful.. I'm sure I'll be more hopeful as time moves on, but I'm just at a point where I'm "deflated" after getting my hopes up time and time again. DH isn't helping out with his issues, so I think that this will be the last cycle trying, then onto some real soul searching for myself.

#28 of 268 Old 10-28-2008, 11:28 AM

Maintaining a positive attitude about this entire process is one of the most difficult things I have ever done. It's so easy to spiral down into depression over the fact that it's yet another BFN. I also have a really hard time not having control over this. Temping is a way for me to have some illusion of control.

Although, I have to say that the 2WW is much easier than waiting for ovulation. If you stress too much waiting for ovulation, you could end up pushing ovulation back even more than it already is. But for the 2WW if you're not pregnant, you're not pregnant!

#29 of 268 Old 10-28-2008, 11:37 AM

Can I join? It looks like there will be a lot of Halloween action, I should be O'ing sometime around Halloween too. We're trying for a girl this time and this will be our last baby.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#30 of 268 Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 PM

I'm not sure what TWW means but I am waiting to test :-) I believe I O'd yesterday so it's going to be a long wait.

Laura

mom to 3 home-born children, wife to a great guy joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page