Extreme Tiredness at only 5 days dpo????? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-23-2008, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can you have tiredness/fatigue as a pregnancy symptom only 5 days after conceiving?

We DTD five days ago. I'm not positive that I was ovulating, but there's a good chance. Anyway, today I randomly slept 11 hours last night. (& I'm not a sleep deprived person at all) ...and it's 1:00 in the afternoon and all I want to do is go back to bed.

Is 5 days too early for this kind of pregnancy symptom, or do you think it's probably due to something else? What has been your experience?

Thanks.

[let me know if there is a better place to post this question]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 06:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Implantation generally happens 6-10 days past ovulation. Then it takes a couple of days for the HcG to build up enough in your system to start feeling some real symptoms. I first felt symptoms with DD around 8dpo, and then with my last pregnancy it was around the same time (but of course they disappeared a week or so later ).

Perhaps you should just try to relax a little. Stressing out too much about your symptoms isn't good for you.

Good luck!
Old 10-23-2008, 06:45 PM

Oh, and if you continue to have tiredness and are not pregnant, you might want to get your thyroid checked. That can be a symptom.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:17 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I'm not really stressing anymore. I was really just wondering if this could be from pregnancy or if I'm getting sick. It's NOT something that's been going on for while, it just sorta hit me like a ton of bricks this morning....and I remember that tiredness is one of the first things that some notice, but it seems too early for that. ..... so that's why I wondering if it was even possible.

Thanks for the thyroid advice. I did have it checked just a few months ago because of something else, but it came back normal.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:55 PM

my boobs turned into watermelons about cd 7 and i had really strange dreams. Those were my first symptoms, in hind site.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

Old 10-24-2008, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

interesting.....I have been having really strange dreams the last couple days. In one, I was pregnant....and I totally thought I was pregnant for like a minute, after I woke up. It was funny.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:51 AM

With two of my pregnancies (both of my girls) I had very sensitive nipples and was really bloated at 4-5dpo. And with one of the girls, I tested positive at 7dpo. Good luck!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:09 AM - Thread Starter

So, just a little update.....

It's now 8 days past the day we DTD.(which was the 19th)

4th day: Super tired all day (just that one day)

8th day: I tested this morning and it was negative, then when I wiped there was a tiny spot of blood in on the TP.(implantation?)

Around 4 p.m. I started feeling nauseous.... then I started getting flu like symptoms like that sensitive cold skin feeling, headache, achy, and lightly sore nipples. I had been feeling just fine all day before that.

...So it definitely could mean something. I've got 7 days until my period usually comes.(~32 days cycle) I'm not quite sure when would be a good time to test again.

Has anyone else had similar experiences after implantation?

Thanks for all the input so far!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
When else did you DTD other than the 19th? It seems unlikely that DTD on the 19th would be related to exhaustion on the 23rd or nausea on at 8 days. But you could've ovulated prior to the 19th and be more days past ovulation than you think.

Erin, mom to DD (1/06) and DS (10/09)
Old 10-28-2008, 01:53 PM

I had spotting last month on day 9 and I wasn't pregnant. If you think that implantation may have occurred on 8 dpo (if you did indeed O on the 19th) I would wait a minimum of two days after that to test, it will take that long for the HcG to be concentrated enough (and make sure you use First Morning Urine (FMU))

User Tag List