The ONE thread November 2nd through 8th - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 145 Old 11-08-2008, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Leighann- thanks for the info. It's nice to have a good explanation of events. I'm still hopreful!

I couldnt see your chart either- just symbols.

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#122 of 145 Old 11-08-2008, 07:07 PM

hi there
well, this is my first post ever! I've lurked on the board for various other topics in the past, but recently thought to look here for TTC info. I am so glad I did, otherwise I'd never have found this warm group of TTC peeps as well as the oh-so-helpful FF!

Can I be added in the waiting to know crowd? I feel silly joining the group just as I'm getting ready to POAS again, and of course I am hoping for a BFP but we've been trying since 1/08 without success, so I thought hey it'd be fun to join in on the group.

Any thoughts on when I should POAS? I really have that instinct that this is the month, but I have that every month so I'm trying to be restrained in my testing. Here is a link to my FF chart (I can't figure out how to be clever and link it to my chart in the sig?)... I think we timed things well with BD .. My cycles usually run 23-26 days long. I've charted since April and had several months where I got frustrated with my thermometer and only did CM charting. Finally back in the game with the cycle before this, and this one, so I'm not 100% sure about how long my LP is, but I'm at 11 DPO and thought maybe I should wait to POAS til Monday or Tuesday (13 or 14 DPO). Whatcha think? Anyways, I'm stoked to be on the board. I decided that I am a goddess of fertility, because nearly every woman I know who is in their childbearing years is pregnant! Even people who didn't want to have children at all! yikes. I got preggers on cycle 3 with #1 and have been feeling like a buffoon that it's taking so long with #2. All of my IRL friends are fabulously fertile, because all they did was think they wanted to have another and boom, prego. So it's nice seeing I'm in good company here

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
#123 of 145 Old 11-08-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
Tested this am and got a BFN.

Temps are still high though, even though AF is due today...so there's still a small chance?

It ain't over till AF arrives!!! (And even then, there's always a new cycle!)

AAM... CD2... Planning on buying OPKs soon, even though I really can't afford them. And getting my donor scheduled for, hopefully, a mini marathon.

Everybody think fertile thoughts!!!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#124 of 145 Old 11-08-2008, 08:59 PM

Just a quick update here, CD28, 13DPO. Test was a BFN again this morning, but AF is still missing. My longest LP on record was 13 days, so I'm expecting her tomorrow. I got my wonderful pre-period migraine this afternoon, so I'm going to go ahead and say that hope has been lost here.

Mama to twin boys, Oct-'09 and baby girl, Apri-'12!

#125 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 12:16 PM

The chart usually pops up after a bit. The legend comes up first and then the chart will load. It does for me anyway.

I put in a new temp this morning and now ivillage gave me dotted cross-hairs and ivillage moved O over to Thursday like I thought. The TCOYF on my computer is being stubborn though.

Leigh

#126 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 12:25 PM

((((HUGS)))) CalaRei

ratrodgrl-- Welcome! Your chart is looking really good! I have a tendency to test at 10 DPO since I got a + on that day with my third. I'm going to try really hard to wait until 12 DPO this time. The idea of you waiting until Monday or later puts me in awe. You are a stronger woman than I am. LOL
Also, to link your chart in your siggy, just do the same thing you did to put it in your post. Highlight the ": chart: " (but without the space of course) and click the link button. Does that help?

Leigh

#127 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 01:01 PM

Just wanted to say Good Morning to all!

My temps went up a bit. That's nice.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#128 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighann79 View Post
((((HUGS)))) CalaRei

ratrodgrl-- Welcome! Your chart is looking really good! I have a tendency to test at 10 DPO since I got a + on that day with my third. I'm going to try really hard to wait until 12 DPO this time. The idea of you waiting until Monday or later puts me in awe. You are a stronger woman than I am. LOL
Also, to link your chart in your siggy, just do the same thing you did to put it in your post. Highlight the ": chart: " (but without the space of course) and click the link button. Does that help?
thanks! I keep playing the mind games, and not wanting a BFN, ya know? I'm sure I'll test tomorrow, I was highly encouraged to have another 'high' temp today and not have it drop. I got my linky-doo fixed, thanks!

Kali Shanti, your temp rise looks great!

'curly girl' regina married to my man since 7/99 , SAHM to my DS (2/06) (12/08) a new to love! (11/09)
#129 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
Just wanted to say Good Morning to all!

My temps went up a bit. That's nice.
Good morning! Your chart does look good. Mine on the other hand is starting to dissapoint me.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#130 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 03:42 PM

Happily AF seems pretty normal, except without any cramps! It's nice not having them but kinda weird.

Anyway, I'm living vicariously through all of you for now, so keep those temps up and those HPTs positive!!!

Everybody think Fertile Thoughts!!!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#131 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 06:36 PM

Hi Everyone! The BFPs are aplenty so they may be our month.

Stevi- have you ordered the earlypregnancytests.com OPKs? They are only like $1/each, so I dont feel as bad burning through them. When I didnt want to spend the $$ a few months ago I tested only once a day- as long as you can get the BDing in, you should be fine. Good luck and glad that AF is mild and will go soon.

Ratrogirl and anyone else who tests soon keep us posted! I am so happy about the bfps because they really make me feel hopeful.

I am 8DPO today and have refrained from testing but I think I may not hold out much longer...I know, stupid

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#132 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penstamon View Post
Stevi- have you ordered the earlypregnancytests.com OPKs? They are only like $1/each, so I dont feel as bad burning through them. When I didnt want to spend the $$ a few months ago I tested only once a day- as long as you can get the BDing in, you should be fine. Good luck and glad that AF is mild and will go soon.

I am 8DPO today and have refrained from testing but I think I may not hold out much longer...I know, stupid
I get my HPTs at my local dollar store. So, I also only pay $1 each and can buy one or two on a whim without waiting for the mailman.

I got my BFP at 11dpo... But since you got such cheap test....................

Good Luck! I hope this is your cycle!!!

#133 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 07:46 PM

Hello. So..... a little off topic, but I just had to pop in and say hello to all my fellow TTCers. In Jan. of 2005 I began my adventure on MDC in this forum. I eventually ended up in the infertility forum, but this is where it all began. I wanted to make the occassion of my 1000th post, by coming on here and wishing everyone here the best of luck on their journey. Ironic that I am back TTC #2, but in the infertility group. Anyways...............here's hoping everyone doesn't stay on this thread for long!

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#134 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Hello. So..... a little off topic, but I just had to pop in and say hello to all my fellow TTCers. In Jan. of 2005 I began my adventure on MDC in this forum. I eventually ended up in the infertility forum, but this is where it all began. I wanted to make the occassion of my 1000th post, by coming on here and wishing everyone here the best of luck on their journey. Ironic that I am back TTC #2, but in the infertility group. Anyways...............here's hoping everyone doesn't stay on this thread for long!
Congratulations on your 1,000th post.

But most of all congratulations on your son!!!!! :

#135 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 09:04 PM

I couldn't hold out til tomorrow. After another unusual nap this afternoon, I reasoned that $$ store tests are cheap and I can always buy more. I had one early-pregnancy-test.com test left and I'm glad I did, the quality was slightly nicer but the results were the same. A faint pink line! This is the crappiest picture ever, pardon my cheap-o camera but my nice one is on the fritz. I texted my hubby (how cheesy!) since he can't answer his cell right now, and I just started bawling as I saw the words "2 lines = pregnant. We're pregnant!" We have been trying for 11 months, and I have been WANTING for about a year and a half. I'm crying again! Anyways, I had to share. Here's my fuzzalicious picture, I think you can still see the 2 lines.

#136 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow congrats Ratrodgirl!!! :::

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#137 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 10:20 PM

CONGRATULATIONS RATRODGIRL!!

LADIES, IT LOOKS LIKE THERE COULD BE SOMETHING IN THE WATER HERE ON MDC!!

33 Year Old w/ a on the way w/ my DH. EDD 4/6/2011. Mama to Lotus Olivia 7/17/09 and fur mom to 1 and 1
#138 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 11:16 PM

ratrodgrl, that is a GREAT BFP!!!!!! :::

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#139 of 145 Old 11-09-2008, 11:52 PM

:: Congrats ratrodgrl! ::
#140 of 145 Old 11-10-2008, 12:16 AM

Should I start a new One Thread? I don't mind doing it...

#141 of 145 Old 11-10-2008, 12:32 AM

Ratrodgrl... Congratulations! I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy!

KaliShanti... It's up to you... You could also just edit the dates on this one... Sorry I can't take up the reins, I'm just not reliable enough.

#142 of 145 Old 11-10-2008, 12:35 AM

I don't mind starting a new thread but I don't know how to copy & paste all the links and charts??

#143 of 145 Old 11-10-2008, 02:57 AM

thanks so much for the congrats!!! I am stoked, reeling, etc. It truly felt like the day would never come, it is so insane seeing those pink racing strips after just a solo line for so long! Baby dust to all, drink the water, you name it. This is a great time of year to get pregnant I think, our bodies are following the course of Mother Nature, and I hope to see many more BFP's soon!

#144 of 145 Old 11-10-2008, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post
I don't mind starting a new thread but I don't know how to copy & paste all the links and charts??
I had to manually go in and add each and every one, if you pm me your email address I'll copy and paste it from my post into the email, and it should work that way. I don't think it will work sending it via pm.

Wife to DH of 5 years; Mommy to 3 dogs & 2 cats; Trying to conceive since 01/2008
#145 of 145 Old 11-10-2008, 11:17 AM

Congrats ratrodgrl!!!

Wow, there are so many BFP's this time of year! I hope I can get on board soon

My chart is all wacky, I didn't temp this weekend because I had been drinking and, quite frankly, I lost my thermometer lol. Then I found it, temped this AM but had drank at a party yesterday so my temp is high. I am cutting off all alcohol until the beginning of next cycle (if that should so happen). So my chart is up n down this week, oh well.

I used an OPK this AM, just to double check (I know it's a bit early).. BUT it has one very faint line. Does that mean Im getting close to Oing?? Should I keep using them or wait 3-4 days and try again?? Im at a loss with this OPK, HPT, TTC thing. Grr!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend, and here's to everyone waiting to know!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page