40+ TTC getting ready for the Holidays - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 996 Old 11-14-2008, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
VM, you are amazing that you have two kids and are able to BD/DTD that often! I am just too tired most nights to stay up later than my night owl son (but then I let him sleep in too, since we homeschool). ++ thoughts!

Msg, I remember awhile back you were saying someone in your family (?) has cystic fibrosis and is doing well -- would you mind PMing me with info about what she's doing to maintain her health? Thanks.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#62 of 996 Old 11-14-2008, 11:34 PM

deleted
#63 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 12:09 AM

Juneau, so good to hear from you. Glad the pregnancy is progressing well. Gosh, you're just around the corner from having another BBB (beautiful bouncing baby). And almost 45! Woohoo! Happy Birthday (a bit early). Seems there are a lot of us women on this thread who are around 45 nowadays. Man, it's amazing how quickly the years pass.

Ladies, now that the weather is getting cooler, there are definitely more men coming out of the wood work on the dating sites, so hopefully I'll have some great dates to talk about. I have high hopes for Marco...at least for the short term. I hope he's not too clingy. He emails and calls a lot already, and we've only had one date. But if not him there are others emailing me these days...others with potential. I'm really hoping to stop searching and start seeing someone regularly. I'm not at all expecting them to be the father to my (hopeful) child, but I would love a great partner and friend; someone with whom I laugh and cry and cook and snuggle and all that. In the meantime, I'm a girl who just wants to have fun.

Catch up w/you all later.
Ms GB

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#64 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 09:34 AM

I tested this morning at 15 DPO.

Unbelieveably, I am PG again.

I am scared out of my mind.

Hopeful, but definitely scared.

So I guess the RE who told me in January that I only have a 5% chance per cycle of getting PG on my own (this works out to 49% chance in a year and now I have been PG three times this year) is just an idiot.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
#65 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 09:40 AM

Vegan - Congratulations!!! :::

MGB - I hope you find what you are looking for!

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21
#66 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 10:11 AM

VM, I just knew it! Congratulations. Now, just take it day by day until you're in the clear. I don't know how I would handle it. I suppose I would want to stay detached at this point, at least for a while. Hopefully the third time is the charm. Should you jump on the progesterone bandwagon to help it stick?

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

#67 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post

So I guess the RE who told me in January that I only have a 5% chance per cycle of getting PG on my own (this works out to 49% chance in a year and now I have been PG three times this year) is just an idiot.

: Wishing you the best. And as the pp said maybe third time will be the charm.

AFM I'm 8 dpo, have been coughing like mad for 8 days, but I feel okay so not sure what is wrong. DH says stress. Not sure what I would be stressed about... let's see our tenants stopped paying their rent "because the wife was in the hospital" but now they are 6 months behind, do not respond to attempts to contact them, and we have to evict them. I was bitten by a dog last year and have $8,000 in medical bills. The dog owners refused to pay so now I have to sue them if I want to get the medical bills paid. Oh and DH came home yesterday and said he was laid off. I was already stressed about not having the money to pay our mortgage this month. Because of aforementioned tenants. So not really sure what I would be stressed about :rothflmao

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif
#68 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 12:17 PM

Veganmama - I am so happy for you! :

I am sure you are scared and when things have not worked out before of course the fear is going to be there, but try your best to enjoy this good news, it is very possible that this time will work out just fine...so congratulations and wishing you all the best in the upcoming months.:

Thanks as well for giving me hope. I am also 41 and had a 2nd trimester loss in July...every time I see a BFP in my age range it reminds that it is possible again for me. I am 14dpo and expecting AF tomorrow (temp has come down in my usual pattern), trying to stay positive for next cycle.

Me-46 DH-45 DS born June 2012 TTC#2  July 2008 angel3.gif19 weeks, April 2010 angel1.gif @11 weeks, Sept 2010 angel1.gif @ 7 weeks. Feb 2011 angel1.gifangel1.gif twins @11 weeks. bfinfant.gifcd.gif

#69 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Veganmama YAY!!!! : I am so thrilled for you. Just remember you have two beautiful healthy children so we know it is possible. I wonder too about the progesterone suppositories. It seems worth a shot to help the little bean stick. Sending up prayers for you and a Healthy and Happy 9 months.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
#70 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 01:36 PM

Woo hoo! Congratulations, VM! ::::::::::
:::::
::::: :
::::

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#71 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 02:19 PM

Congratulations, Veganmama! :::

May this be a sticky baby! I am so excited for you... so you just relax and take it a day at a time and I'll take care of the excitement, okay?

AFM: my temp dropped like a stone this morning, so now I am awaiting AF.
#72 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 03:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Veganmama that is wonderful news! You are right, it is just the first step, but definitely needed. I hope to be in your shoes in a few weeks, as worrisome as it might be.

Sara

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !
#73 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 03:41 PM

Kristin, hang in there. We all go through tough times, and apparently yours is now. I've been in similar situations in the not-so-distant past. Things will improve. You and hubby just have to deal with things head on. Look at it this way...2008 is almost over, and a new year with new possibilities is just around the corner!

#74 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 04:55 PM

Wow Kristin, that is a lot to deal with. Hopefully 2009 will be a better year fro you. I know we will be glad to see the end of 2008. Definitely the toughest one so far for me.

Thanks everyone SO MUCH for all your love and support. I don't think the progesterone is an issue as I had it tested during my last BFP cycle and it was great. Also, I really believe my "problem" is old eggs.
But I will ask my naturopath/acupunturist on Monday.

Whaeatgrass, DHEA and acupunture. I really think these 3 things have made the difference.

#75 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 05:19 PM

VEGAN-CONGRATS that is awesome!!!

SHELL - thank you sooooo much for the reply about enbrel. yeah i knew about the mtx and actually using it for abortion!! yikers big time. i have been afraid of all those meds and i dont like taking meds but if enbrel is actually prescribed for this actual situation AND it works for someone out there, that is great news for me. i have never found anyone TTC who is taking anything for RA or any other auto imm issue! so i am very excited to hear it. especially today when my back/neck are just aching so badly and nothing is helping. i dont take ibupro. i was told a long time ago about healing and the ibup so when i had my really bad break three years ago (broken neck) i have not taken anything but tylenol since. no aspirin or ibu/motrin. so i guess i will see if my RE will offer the enbrel. i am just so happy to hear someone tell me anything about it. do you self inject? is it weekly? have you had any issues while on it? ie colds that WONT go away! that was my main problem on mtx, the 'forever cold'. thanks again for the good reply that it works for you.

thanks to all again! im still haging in there with no AF yet. but i am pushing the days! its only CD 27? i think??? trying not to think about it.

VEGAN - again, congrats BIG TIME.....

B
#76 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 05:31 PM

in reference to the dog bite -

hopefully you can 'fast track' the case, try to do whatever your state allows to speed up the process. then as soon as you get judgment, or actually during, try to get information from them/about them through the judge, ask for address, job, ssn, etc. make a list of everything that will help you collect the money, a judgment is pretty useless unless you can collect it. the best way is through the employer, that will usually get them to pay you right away due to embarassment at work. also if you can get the ssn, file with IRS to get their refund. you can submit your judgment number and state to the IRS and put in for their refund to come to you. those are both GREAT ways to get the money from judgment. the lesser ways are very stressful to the 'winner'. so try to get as much info at the hearing as possible. also if your state/city allows, try to use the arbitration system, usually the courts will offer it, make sure it is NON BINDING, so if you are not happy with the outcome, you can continue w/court proceeding. but if you do like it, then you can accept that judgment and it's even faster.

and make sure you file it SOON, you do have limits as to how long you can wait depending upon where you live. you dont want to wait too long and then it's gone forever!!

make sure you have EVERYTHING with you in court and you are organized, can produce whatever judge wants immediately and it should be a no-brainer for the judge.

other than that, you need to go after your tenants, i know that stinks but you can only take so much non-payment, especially if you have a property that can earn income from a paying person!! it's not too hard to evict, hopefully you don't stress too much over it. let me know if you have any questions, i can try to tell you what i know, or think i know! (retired lawyer, but the good kind, was a prosecutor, putting away the bad guys, or trying to.....)

sorry to hear about all the stress and potential legal issues. poor hubby, laid off, any chance of going back?? i dont know much about each person on the board cause i am new.

in the meantime, stay as stress free as you can, and i am the worst stresser of all! funny to tell someone that! ahhh if one could only take their own advice right??

B
#77 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post

VM - That is absolutely wonderful and I hope the best for you

Woohoo :

Kate, Wife to DH and Mommy to a 5yo lovin' DS; three angels 4/08 9/08 3/10 in Heaven,
waitin' for my baby

#78 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 06:09 PM

Hello Mamas -

(x-posted in 40+ withy LO's tribe)I

I know all you are currently TTC on this thread and am wondering what your opinions are on taking 5-HTP or SSRI's while TTC? I know when I was pregnant at the beginning of this yr. I was taking Prozac - it ended it m/c. But then when I m/c in Sept. I wasn't taking anything. So I'm thinking is it better to be medicated or non-medicated and under stress Oh, this is so frustrating because I'll be 44 in Jan. and feel like my fertility years are 7 more at most since my mom went through meno at 50. Any advice mamas

Kate, Wife to DH and Mommy to a 5yo lovin' DS; three angels 4/08 9/08 3/10 in Heaven,
waitin' for my baby

#79 of 996 Old 11-15-2008, 11:48 PM

Veganmama Wow how great and congratulations!!!!! My fingers and toes are crossed for you.

::

Married to the love of my life, mom to DS :
#80 of 996 Old 11-16-2008, 12:26 PM

veganmama. Blessings on you and this new one.

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#81 of 996 Old 11-16-2008, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

AFM This is cd16 for me. Last night we went to dinner adn I ate way too much plus lots of garlicky things. Garlic always gives me gas (sorry TMI) anyway I woke up about 1 am with cramps and feeling very nauseus I went back and forth to the bathroom for the next couple hours but only gas no diarrhea and I never did vomit but felt like I could have. I ate a tums which seemed to help a bit. So this morning I am feeling a bit better still frequent trips to the bathroom but now I am spotting as well. Nothing on a pad just when I wipe.
When it first started I had to run and check my chart because I thought maybe I was starting but not at cd16 that is 8 to 10 days early. According to my saliva testing I believe I Od around day 10 so that would put me at 6dpo. Could it be implantation spotting? I hate to get my hopes up but I honestly never ever spot in the 2ww.

#82 of 996 Old 11-16-2008, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Oh and of course this is the month I decided not to temp again. Grrrr.

#83 of 996 Old 11-16-2008, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

tell me about spotting? Does it happen once and then nothing? HOw long can it go on and still be considered spotting? Everytime I wipe there is blood there, but still nothing on the pad. Sometimes a drip or two in the toilet. I am just beside myself. I have never had this happen and No I have never had this short of a cycle so I am pretty sure it isn't AF.

What do I do if it turns out to be AF??? at cd 16

#84 of 996 Old 11-16-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massaginmommy View Post
AFM This is cd16 for me. Last night we went to dinner adn I ate way too much plus lots of garlicky things. Garlic always gives me gas (sorry TMI) anyway I woke up about 1 am with cramps and feeling very nauseus I went back and forth to the bathroom for the next couple hours but only gas no diarrhea and I never did vomit but felt like I could have. I ate a tums which seemed to help a bit. So this morning I am feeling a bit better still frequent trips to the bathroom but now I am spotting as well. Nothing on a pad just when I wipe.
When it first started I had to run and check my chart because I thought maybe I was starting but not at cd16 that is 8 to 10 days early. According to my saliva testing I believe I Od around day 10 so that would put me at 6dpo. Could it be implantation spotting? I hate to get my hopes up but I honestly never ever spot in the 2ww.

ooooh, massagin, i hope this is your month! :

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

#85 of 996 Old 11-16-2008, 03:14 PM

My 10/1 cycle was like that, massaginmommy. My luteal phase was only 7 days. I've never had a cycle that short in my life before. On the good side, my next cycle of 10/19 was perfectly normal. O'd on cd14, and went 28 days before AF found me this morning. I'm chalking mine up to normal age-related issues.

On the other hand, it could be implantation spotting. I've never had spotting in my LP either, though, so I'm not sure how long it can last. I think I have read it may last up to a few days... but there is always someone who is the exception to the rule. I will be hoping you're pregnant and not going through a short cycle.
#86 of 996 Old 11-16-2008, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

thanks ladies at this point I am kind of thinking it might be the start of af
I have been wondering what is up with me. My boobs stayed sore throughout af last cycle and are still sore. it never went away. Could I be pregnant from last cycle even though I tested before af and got a neg. I had a little lighter flow last month and it was shorter than normal too. I wonder if I should test? Could this be breakthrough bleeding?
I don't knwo what to think adn am pretty freaked out right now.

#87 of 996 Old 11-16-2008, 09:44 PM

Laurie, if you never spot then it could be implantation spotting. I never spot either except in the month or 2 after a m/c.

I'd say if it doesn't develop into AF in the next few days then test.

Good luck.

AFM: I want to say thank you again. All of you have really helped me get through this year.

#88 of 996 Old 11-16-2008, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

I am kind of wondering if maybe I was pregnant last month but it just didn't register. This is more like a light light light flow. It doesn't get on the pad much but it is definitely there when I wipe. It is red not brown or maroon. No it has never ever happened before. Right after DH had his first reversal I had spotting mid cycle but it was one time on tp and then a tinge on a pad once and was brownish. Doc said it could have been a pregnancy. But never anything like what is going on right now. My side kind of hurts too but I could just be over analyzing everything.

Thanks ladies for letting me freak out here.
I am going to call the TCM practitioner tomorrow and get an appointment.

#89 of 996 Old 11-17-2008, 12:23 AM

DPO5 was today, temp still raised, tho there was a dip yesterday at DPO4, makes me wonder as today I was WIPED out. I got up at 5am, got ready, ate breakfast, did some computer stuff then BAM, 8 am I was overcome with exhaustion. I layed down in my hotel room and slept until 11am, nearly missing the rest of the conference (but today was some review). I had a headache this morning, which I hadn't had before, I took 500mg tylenol at 8am, then another at 12. Drank lots of water. I'm looking at these as good signs, as this is not how I normally live life, but time will tell!. The stomach bloating has lessened, but I am eating more than normal. Usually I'm good for (decaf) coffee and a little oatmeal or granola bar or banana until lunch, then eat a big lunch, but I've been eating breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Evil 'lil 2ww! How likely is a 4DPO implant?
#90 of 996 Old 11-17-2008, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ompath, I had quite the dip on DPO4 as well. But today I realized that my therm reading of 97.4 looks a lot like 97.9, and was infact 97.9 today. So I am not sure about that dip I had. Dim lights and squinty, blurry eyes...1st thing upon wakening and accuracy dont mix.

Not sure if its possible for implantation that early, fingers crossed though.

massaginmommy, update?

Veganmama, just wanted to say again, how happy I am for you and that I can also understand your hesitation, needing to wait until its really real. What a ride.

MSGBuns! Good that there will be some dating options! I hope you meet a man that does you justice. How are you coming along on deciding about your own eggs? Its an exciting possibility, after having moved on to DE. I think I read that the embryo can be checked quite thoroughly?

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page