40+ TTC getting ready for the Holidays - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2008, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Laurie - Yep, you need to start temping. Your ovusoft chart shows that you O'd which is why it doesn't think the bleeding is . Why can't our cycles just be normal?!?!

msgoodbuns - Your stalker dude sounds like me! I am very glad that I am no longer single and going through the whole dating thing. How's the TTC going?

Well finally arrived last night after my longest LP ever (16 days) when I didn't have a chemical. Very weird. Onto another cycle and renewed hope!

Karen 48 DH 53, DD 22, DS1 20, DS2 4, DSS 24, DSD 21
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2008, 02:30 PM

:

You gals are too kind! You did make me smile, though. Yes, I 'm sure that I'm so charming and amazing that I attract psycho dudes. It's happened before, so I'm very cautious when I see signs of THE STALKER profile. Neediness is a big turnoff for me, and if anyone has ever been involved in domestic violence, either personally, professionally or having known someone in that situation, if he is a bad egg, it will only get worse....much worse...over time. And I, for one, do not want to invite violence and intimidation or controlling people into my life. Capiche?

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Old 11-19-2008, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Capiche
I often forget that the have to know where you are every second isn't always an attractive thing but could be a control issue.
You are a smart woman MsGB and you are a great catch. Hoping you find your Mr Right soon.

Laurie (46) Wife to : Mom to 4 Grandma to :
Old 11-19-2008, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Karen, I had completely planned on temping again regularly when I quit working nights. But then I got a puppy and when he cries in the morning to be let out I am finding I don't have the luxury of taking my temp then.
I need to set my alarm and get up before he does.

Old 11-19-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
I need to set my alarm and get up before he does.

That's what I do. I have an alarm on my watch that I have set to go off every morning at 6am before the dogs wake up so that I can temp. Then I go back to sleep.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoodbuns View Post

Remember the great date from last week? Well, he voice mails, then emails or texts shortly thereafter if he doesn't reach me. Tonight he called and left a v.m. (my ringer was off), and less than an hour later he texted wondering if I was ok? He seems to be a very needy guy, and/or a bit of a stalker type. (That's probably a bit harsh). Anyway, I'm too independent for a guy, after one or two dates, to be using every method of contact, several times per day, trying to reach me. Ok, maybe he likes me a lot (after 2 dates), but still.....

Oh, well. Such is life as a single gal.
Reminds me of a Sex in The City episode where after a week and 1/2 of dating, this reforming alcoholic tells Carrie he loves her, and she tries to cool it off...he gets really hurt, she tells him to go to a meeting...that night he shows up outside her window with a bottle in his hand yelling "I love you Carrie! I LOVE you Carrie...!!!" he starts taking off all of his clothes...and then walks away down the street, naked, never to be heard of again.

Not that this will happen to you, of course

AFM 8DPO today and FFs pregnancy monitor has given me 93 points...
Looks like I might be heading into triphasic? I KNOW I felt implantation yesterday. It's really neat to feel things within the timeframe that is predicted.
Tested today, because I just can't help it -- and it actually calms me to get it out of the way. BFN, of course. I do have high hopes and am just trying to get some stuff done while I have some energy this morning. I have been wiped out the past day and 1/2, and last saturday I was also totally gone. Just taking those multis and eating well (and a lot -- not like me!)
Old 11-19-2008, 04:49 PM

Ompath, best wishes for a + test in a few days. MsG, I agree he sounds like he has issues. I hope you find someone better, it's definitely better to be single than involved with an abuser. AFM, I am still hopeful that this month worked, although we only BD'd once in the past few weeks -- ds has been staying up too late!

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 11-19-2008, 06:14 PM

ompath & pookie - :

Old 11-19-2008, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbhlmh View Post
ompath & pookie - :
Thanks kbhlmh!

Wow Pookie -- you and I ARE looking good!
Old 11-19-2008, 11:18 PM

Ompath and Pookie, you go, girls!!!

LegalShield Sales Representative.  (Affordable access to quality law firms throughout the US and Canada...low monthly fee!  Ask me about it!)  Mom to Justice :in doggie heaven (13 yr old Dalmatian), Single, age 47.  TTC'd for years.  Now lurking and rooting on my fellow women friends!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgoodbuns View Post
Ompath and Pookie, you go, girls!!!
Ditto that :

Old 11-20-2008, 11:25 AM

Hi Karen,
I've joined the sisterhood of the painful boobs. Which leads me merely to speculation that the Clomid I'm on has that as a side effect.. at 7dpo. It's not a sudden, new symptom. Cramping some too. Usually have an 11 day luteal phase, but one can change that, rather suddenly or by miscalulating O, so I'm waiting.. and waiting.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:26 AM

AFM 8DPO today and FFs pregnancy monitor has given me 93 points...
Looks like I might be heading into triphasic? I KNOW I felt implantation yesterday. It's really neat to feel things within the timeframe that is predicted. >>>>>>>>

YAY!!!!! I have never even gotten over 42 points, while fully pregnant. LOL. WAIT! I'm at 54 points today. Yay me.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the support. Yes, I have had extremely low blood pressure during my last pregnancy and at my visit with my GP. My Midwife gave me paperwork for a complete thyroid check but, finding the time to have blood drawn with 3 in tow was not easy...plus, I had forgotten about that until I got sick. That needs to be made a priority. As for the blue tortilla chips, I cut them out not for the sodium but because I could eat an entire bag ( sometimes before bed ) daily and I figured that couldn't be good. Knowing there's nothing really bad in them ( organic ) just I had to be consuming to much. I have food issues dating back to my childhood and I tend to rely on food as a pacifier. Not good, I know but it's a habbit that goes back almost 30 years. I'm going to head down to Whole Foods for some chips and guac.

I read that some of you are looking for forclosed homes to purchase...we live in Maryland and it's really a buyers market right now as it is across the country. According to a report I read yesterday, sellers are now having to make some pretty spectactular offers to potential buyers such as, paying closing costs, offering incentives and putting their properties on the market for well below value. A good friend of our bought a 4 br house on 3 acres for a steal. Sellers are desparate and even the banks are taking reasonable offers. Best of luck in finding a home. You'll probably land something far more than you were looking for.

My best to all who are patiently waiting...stay strong.
PEACE, gerlassie
Old 11-20-2008, 11:55 AM

My, what pretty charts we have around here lately! Good luck Pookie and Ompath and everyone else in the 2ww.

Yeah, we're just teasing ya MsGBs 'cos WE all know what a catch you are. Creepy, stalker guys are not good.

I have a slight headache today which I am taking as a good sign since I only ever get them when I am PG. And my boobs are mildly sore. Other than that and being a bit tired I don't have any PG symptoms yet. However, I know it's still a bit early (4w5d) so I am trying to be very chill abouth te whole thing.

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Old 11-20-2008, 02:14 PM

What are these points that you're talking about? I'm using the free version of FF, so maybe I don't get that. +++ thoughts for everyone. VM, I so hope this one takes.
Here's a story from the local paper about embryo adoption:
http://www.seattleweekly.com/2008-11...src=newsletter

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 11-20-2008, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

I am temping again as of this morning. DH is calling me at 6:30 every morning so I decided to temp then, vaginally since I can' treally talk with the thermometer in my mouth. LOL

Old 11-20-2008, 03:36 PM

Make sure you v-temp for the rest of your cycle!

Where I live in SW Florida it is a BIG TIME buyers market for houses. If I had a lot of extra money I'd buy a second house for an investment they're so cheap!

Old 11-20-2008, 03:52 PM

Good luck Ompath & Pookie!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbhlmh View Post
Make sure you v-temp for the rest of your cycle!

Where I live in SW Florida it is a BIG TIME buyers market for houses. If I had a lot of extra money I'd buy a second house for an investment they're so cheap!
Oh yeah I totally am. I figure it is going to be more accurate anyway because I am a mouth breather. So this was the perfect time to switch over.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
because I am a mouth breather
Me, too! We have so much in common - mouth breathers, v-tempers... we're practically :!

Old 11-20-2008, 04:27 PM

I started v-temping last January after a terrible cycle where I had a bad cold around O time (Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day what a fun time to be sick). It is so much more consistent and you never have to worry about it is you slept with your nouth open!

Me (42), DH (41), DD (7), DS1 (5) and DS2 Aug 02/09
Old 11-20-2008, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

I think I was just a little freaked out about putting a thermometer there. yk? But it was nothin' and like you said way more consisitent. Plus I can talk and temp at the same time. LOL
Karen you are so right about us being the same. Plus we are two older gals hoping to get knocked up soon

Old 11-20-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
What are these points that you're talking about? I'm using the free version of FF, so maybe I don't get that. [/url]
Hi Pookie,
I was heading near the end of my free trial, and I figured if I was pregnant I'd hang around a bit after...so I did the 90 day sub, which somehow gave me 120 as I linked through another member's page! I think that member I linked through got a bonus 30 days as well. You have access to the forums as a paying member as well, though I haven't looked round there much.
I honestly can't remember some of the things I didn't have access to before paying last week..it's only since then that I have really started using some of the tools (in my 2ww madness) anyhow.

AFM 9dpo, I'm feeling fullness in my lower abdomen and aching in my hips. Energy for me the past week had just been so lacking.
I decided to take up beading/jewelry making. I looked on craigslist and found a woman who I drove to this morning to buy some of her second-hand supplies from when she was beading. The only downfall is that the cloth "art bin" which holds the trays of beads smells of urine, so I have to leave it all outside until I can have a cleaning frenzy. I'm thinking baking soda and water for the beads? I don't want to damage them.
I have two purr-boxes myself who would be a bit upset should they catch that whiff...

Anybody here bead?

AND --
GOOOO veggiemama!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:10 PM

Oooooh! I hope we get some more 's here soon!!

What are everyone's T'giving plans?

Old 11-21-2008, 01:32 PM

Hey....VM needs to be added to the BFP list on page 1!

You other's in the 2WW I'm stalking your charts. Good luck to you and loads of to all! Your charts look awesome!

Where's the "off topic" icon? Anyway, I have a Thanksgiving dilemma that maybe you guys could help me out with. This year is our quiet year. My kids do the every other year thing with their dad and then my house so they are gone this year. DH kids always spend it with their mom, even when we invite them over and then stop by for an hour afterwards (still irritates me, but whatever..) I have no other family here, so it's just DH and I for Thanksgiving this year. We were kindof looking forward to having a nice quiet day.

Well, DH has a couple of patients who are two adult single men who have been roomates for 20 years. No, not gay....but one of them is really an odd duck of a guy. They have turned into friends of DH lately and are working together on a big project. They are truly characters that you might see in a movie. The one really odd duck guy is a very rich hermit type. I mean he's very very wealthy but lives in a little old house with old 70's furniture and not even a bed, but sleeps on a couch! He is sometimes a little dilusional telling us he sees aliens and Big Foot but then in the next sentence is very business savy. The other guy is kindof quiet and sweet.

So now here's my dilemma if you hadn't guessed already. DH always brags to them about my cooking and so now they are putting in big hints to DH about having them over for Thanksgiving.

"I should" reasons
1. they probably haven't had a home cooked meal in many years.
2. what really is Thanksgiving but showing God that you are thankful for what you have.
3. I will have way too much food for just DH and I anyway.

"I shouldn't" reasons
1. they are patients still and we need a little professional space especially someone we prescribe meds to
2. DH and I wanted our quiet together day

So what would you do?
Old 11-21-2008, 01:48 PM

I think that the doctor/patient distance should be kept and they should not come. Of course, I don't like having people over for dinner so maybe my shyness is shining through here. Perhaps your hubby can casually mention how nice it will be just to have a nice romantic dinner with just the two of you and then maybe ask them if after dinner you two can stop by their house with some of your leftovers for them so that they have a taste of your good home cooking.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellBell62 View Post
Where's the "off topic" icon?
If you look at the smilies to the right, press [more], it is in that list.

"I should" reasons...
I like your I should reasons. The holidays to me are always the opportunity to welcome people whom either we do not have the opportunity to do so at other times in the year, or these people may say "no thank you" at any other time. Anybody with a need is always welcome to me. This is how I feel - it's an opportunity to give love and gratefulness.

"I shouldn't" reasons...
1. They are patients still and we need a little professional space especially someone we prescribe meds to
2. DH and I wanted our quiet together day

1 -- So after the heartfelt statement above, this one stopped me. Here is the question -- do you already have them over to your home? Do they come over with DH for their project? If so, I say they have already come into your home, so why not extend this grace to this next point.
If they have not been over to your home and DH is handling business elsewhere, then this is a decision in which you and DH should come up with a solution. It seems to me these men are somewhat inert, and probably not a worry for any future feelings of rejection coming back on you - but I really think you need to talk with DH.
2 -- You are alone with DH mostly, right? Since I am answering here, I'll come off with my slant. Thanksgiving is meant for maaany people. Any time I try to keep someone all to myself on a day that is meant for more people, I notice later that I have missed out. In many ways, sharing our SO with others can draw us closer and give us more variety in our own relationships. I say this not just to you, but to everyone. If you are alone this holiday, start gathering people together at your home. Invite yourself to another person's home. Make that holiday meal that you love -- at worst you'll have leftovers, at best you'll be welcoming the last-minute people who felt as if they needed to be somewhere but didn't know how to go about it.
So what would you do?
AFM I'm now 10 dpo, silly me with a BFN this morning, tripping over dropping a teeeny bit in temp. I know, that's a little silly. I'm doing pretty well, It's good the weekend is coming, it will keep my mind more distracted. I'll keep testing daily at this point.

DH and I have the weekend free as the kids are at their other parents, so we are going to go into San Francisco Saturday and spend the whole day in burghs and cafes and such. I'm going to brave Chinatown, which I usually avoid cause the laquer on all the furniture usually putts me off a bit.
:
Last night my brother-in-laws wife (would that be my sister-in-law?) and I were writing back and forth about holiday plans. At first I told her that we were having T-day here with us, the 4 kids and the 2 cats, but then I realized I needed to follow my own advice and wrote her back that we'd like to come over there. Then it will be the 6 of us plus the 3 of them, a 3-year-old in the mix is a good thing. I honestly don't know them very well after the couple of year DH and I have been together. DH and I are talking about asking everybody if they want to try to all meditate together... so, SIL kicked off this whole communication by sending out hers and her daughter's christmas wish list. This is all so odd to me. I have always bought people gifts that meant something to me that reminded me of them. I am not a shopper in the sense that "whatever" will work. We like to make things, but also to get people sustainable things that are not wasteful, things they can use or that are useful to somebody, somewhere. But, grudgingly, I'm following along with what my husbands family does, and spent 2 hours making a list of useful items that each person might like. I suppose it might save some hassle in the long run. I, however, will still shop for people the way that I do...

Wow, all of that on Decaf.:
Old 11-21-2008, 02:44 PM

I have talked to DH and he would like to have them over. They haven't been here before and their business meetings have been elsewhere. These two men are kindof pathetic and DH has made them his project to help heal them physically, emotionally and spiritually. They are both in their 60's. The one man grew up in an orphanage in the Bronx, NY. His mother visited him once in his 21 years there in the orphanage and never has seen him since. He was homeless for a while in his life and now he has this huge inheritance from his father's lines. The money is not the issue for us as he is just a sweet needy man in other ways.

*sigh* I guess this is going to be a very interesting and memorable holiday this year. DH says that the professional distance has already been thrown out with their business and personal dealings. There really is no other answer than to invite these two lonely men over. There will be definately a lot of laughter and I will have to make sure that he does his smoking outside. That's the other thing, he is a chain smoker and DH is very allergic/asthmatic to tobacco smoke.

And- I love having people over to the house for get together's....entertaining has always been sortof my "thing".

BTW- I looked for the "off topic" icon and it's missing in the more category.

Back to TTC subject. I will most likely be O'ing around Thanksgiving time too!!
Old 11-21-2008, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
off topic:
SHellbell...my thoughts are on the lines of Ompaths post...

(I'm a Canadian living in the US and am usually alone on Thanksgiving down here. We go up to Canada in October (canadas thanksgiving) to celebrate with family so I dont feel we have missed the holiday, but when we are down here, on Thursday, It is eerily quiet around here and as we walk the streets I can feel the warmth and energy seeping outside, while people are around their tables enjoying good company. Even if I make the food, its still just the two of us (me and my son) and its kinda empty ... its not possible for me to pull of the happy warm feeling of celebrating w/ the two of us!!! Everything is closed, so there is not much for us to do!!! Except go away or continue as normal...work, play etc. SO I kind of feel thanksgiving is to open up doors and celebrate with many, immigrants new to the country, single old people...etc reach out a hand if you can)

But after reading your new post, you sort of sound resigned as opposed to excited! Maybe you dont get much alone time with your husband because he is a doctor and your hopes were on for this day? Well, I hope you get to enjoy your thanksgiving with these two eccentric fellows. You have good reasons under should ... Maybe you can extend the invitation to a few more people...to round out the table?

And back on topic: I am 11 dpo. Haven't a feeling either way, only hope . Had a tiny bit of spotting yesterday which took my by surprise and totally disappointed me. Had a low temp as well. But today temp was a bit higher and everything is clear so far.

Sara - Mum to C (10/02) ; m/c 10/07; 7/08; 3/09; Lucy Olive Feb 28, 2010 !

User Tag List