Am I ovulating-sore nipples - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 11-12-2008, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am wondering if it's possible that I'm not ovulating, even though I have been getting sore nipples for the second half of my cycle. Once I feel the soreness I know that I'll have a period within 10 or 11 days (unless I get pregnant). From what I understand the sore nipples are caused by the progesterone increase after ovulation and so I'm wondering if it's possible to not ovulate and still get the sore nipples and a period 10 plus days later?

I think I ovulated this cycle but mostly because of a crzily increased sex drive. I did have some fertile CM and a semi SHOW cervix but it wasn't as much as last month.

I just wish I knew what is keeping me from concieving. I've only had three or four periods since AF returned at 18.5 months postpartum (now about 22 monthsPP) and my luteal Phase was short the first couple times. I'm just really anxious for # 2.

How reliable are OPK's and how well does temping work for those of you who night nurse and dont have predictable sleep schedules?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-12-2008, 07:48 PM

I find that sore nipples are a sure sign of ovulation for me. Sex drive is also a good clue I don't know about OPKs (haven't tried one yet) and I have absolutely no faith in temps when I am night nursing and therefore don't even try.

My body is not subtle about ovulation, and it doesn't sound like yours is, either. I've been trying for about 3 cycles - except I know why I haven't gotten pg - our timing has been off, despite my knowing when I o'd - first month no BD b/c of "issues", second month BD but not at the "right" time just because that's how it worked out, and third month, I got really sick about 3 days before I ovulated and was in no condition to BD at the time. The last two cycles I could have theoretically gotten pg but only with some really persistent, long-lived sperm (like, we BD 2 - 3 days b/f O)

Good luck!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#3 of 3 Old 11-13-2008, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the response. That's kinda what I thought but it always helps to get some extra opinions! Wish me luck for this cycle and if not then maybe the next. I'll send some fertile vibes your way too.

Timing for BD is a lot harder with kids isn't it?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page