*** Waiting to O - mid to late November *** - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 11-13-2008, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought I'd start a new group for all of us that just left the TWW early November group, unfortunately not graduating with a BFP...

AF arrived yesterday for me :. I expect to O sometime the last week of November. I noticed the poll on which is worse, the TWW or waiting to O. I definitely concur that the TWW is worse, I like the little bit of control you have over the first half of the cycle!

I'm on to cycle #4... so I'm not getting too worried yet (although it would have been nice to have a surprise on cycle #1)!

Hope to have some friends to chat with!....

Lis ~ Married to my favorite boy partners.gif and raising "our" three ~
DS 14 (hisjammin.gif ~ DD 9 (mineloveeyes.gif ~ toddlerDS 2! (ours) bouncy.gif

#2 of 20 Old 11-13-2008, 02:59 PM

Hi Lis,
I'll join you over here too! Sorry that AF came this month. It feels good to look forward to trying again. I'm on CD6, so we'll TTC next week. I agree that the TWW is worse. I feel more clear right now. This past TWW I had so many pre-menstrual symptoms that I was hoping were pre-preg. symptoms. The day I had nausea really had me fooled!
So we'll see what happens! I'm glad we can all keep each other company in the meantime.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#3 of 20 Old 11-13-2008, 03:52 PM

Hi! Joining in too!

I haven't been on these boards in about 4 years. My dd is 3.5 years old (b. 4/2005) and was conceived after only 3 months of trying.

Now, after over a year and half of trying it seems I might need to try harder. Today is CD#2. I plan to order some Vitex this week and then hop over to the infertility board to see if there's anything there I should be looking into. We're going to try till the Spring then pursue adoption if not pg by then.

Looking forward to the company!
#4 of 20 Old 11-13-2008, 03:59 PM

CD 3 here.

Second to last month before we officially get to the 12+ month club.

Definitely not looking forward to that.

Here's to all of us finally graduating!!

Wife to DH of 5 years; Mommy to 3 dogs & 2 cats; Trying to conceive since 01/2008
#5 of 20 Old 11-13-2008, 04:03 PM

CD 25, and I'll join this crowd. Rather obviously, I can't stand Waiting to O. This is my 4th PP cycle, 3rd cycle trying. Last night, as I was drifting off to sleep, I was mentally willing my ovaries to let go of an egg!:

Mommy to two super cute kids.
#6 of 20 Old 11-13-2008, 05:55 PM

I'm here.

I'm on cycle 14. Bleck. I plan on trying maca and royal jelly this time around. Does anyone know if I take either near O, will it mess up my cycle? I am on CD 2, and I have yet to order it.

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#7 of 20 Old 11-14-2008, 08:18 AM

I should O the 21st, of course the day we leave for travel...makes it intresting! I'm CD 7 atm, but chart is going to be all messed up because I have strep throat & its throwing my normal temps, gah.

Married Mom to K(8), K(7) & C born March 23rd.
#8 of 20 Old 11-14-2008, 10:28 AM

Heya:

Day 6 for me...I should ovulate in about 11/12 days time...oh the waiting:

Come on everyone, this is the month!:
#9 of 20 Old 11-14-2008, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Ravenstar - Thanks for joining me again! Yeah, I had crazy symptoms too, that were all PMS symptoms - but since they can be the same, its always hard not to think too much.

prophetmother - I'm so sorry to hear you are on 18 months of trying for #2. I know they always say go to the doctor after a year of no success... have you? When its "supposed" to happen with all the TRYING its really hard when it doesn't.

It took me 11 months with DD, so although I'm remarried now, and I wondered if the different partner would make a difference... exDH and his new wife got PG again really quickly after a m/c, so I'm thinking the difficulties may lie with me.

I hope you get some answers and the Vitex helps!

Quote:
nelsondeb Second to last month before we officially get to the 12+ month club. Definitely not looking forward to that. Here's to all of us finally graduating!!
I know as those months add up it starts to feel like its never going happen. Although it does make it a little more surprising and exciting when you finally get the BFP! I really hope you don't make it to the 12+ club. I'm rooting for you this month...

Quote:
lizziebits... I was mentally willing my ovaries to let go of an egg!
I hope those ovaries listen!!!

anne1140 - Cycle 14 I don't know the answer to your questions about when to take either of those extras. But I hope they help!

BeauGeek - traveling during O! That could be interesting.... at least you'd have a good story if you succeed. The baby could be "made in ________". My stepson was made in Puerto Rico. Which really is a bit TMI since that would be MY DH, with his ex... but sometimes you just have to deal!

Welcome ILove! You've been trying for a good while too. You also deserve this:

As for me... I'm on CD 3. So just waiting it out. But I'm good with this wait.... the other wait, when I just wonder and wonder if we were successful makes me nuts. Its so hard not to wonder why it happens instantaneously for some (so many friends had one night amidst many when they were careless and end up PG)... but for some, while really, really trying, it just doesn't happen. I shouldn't lament yet, I'm only on cycle 4, but its hard not to!

Happy weekend to all!

#10 of 20 Old 11-14-2008, 04:35 PM

Thanx lisko that was kind
I only wish my sig was the full story. Weve also had 2 years without contraception before we began "really trying" *sigh*
If our bfp doesnt come soon we may have to go to the doctors
Im pretty sure it wont come to that though We have new arsenal we havent used before this time-OPKS, herbs etc

Good luck to you:
#11 of 20 Old 11-14-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILove View Post
Thanx lisko that was kind
I only wish my sig was the full story. Weve also had 2 years without contraception before we began "really trying" *sigh*
If our bfp doesnt come soon we may have to go to the doctors
Im pretty sure it wont come to that though We have new arsenal we havent used before this time-OPKS, herbs etc

Good luck to you:

I think I know how you're feeling. We've been married 4 years and 4 months this month, never used contraception of any sort and have been trying for the past 10 cycles.

Here's to you getting your BFP soon!

Wife to DH of 5 years; Mommy to 3 dogs & 2 cats; Trying to conceive since 01/2008
#12 of 20 Old 11-19-2008, 06:36 PM

Hi,
Just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.
Today is CD 12 for me and both of my ovaries have been doing that pinchy feeling in the past couple days! My temp hasn't gone up yet so we'll see when the official O date is.
Sending good wishes to you all. :
Jess

#13 of 20 Old 11-19-2008, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just got Maca shortly after AF ended, have been taking it since the 15th and I'm supposed to O today...but, that doesn't mean much really. My cycles have been crazy all over the place b/c I'm still nursing. I'm not sure if I've O'd yet but I've had plenty of CM this time. Anyway, to answer your question, Maca is supposed to help regulate your cycles, so I don't *think* it will delay your O. I've looked through threads on here about it and read a little about it on different sites on the internet, and so far haven't seen one thing that says you should start it at a certain time during your cycle. So, you should be good.

Hello to the rest of you! Like I said, O day is supposedly today, but I'm not holding my breath....just got my pack of OPK's and HPT's in the mail, so I will be POAS shortly, and probably BD'ing later tonight.

What I just typed has to be the funniest looking sentence ever, to someone who is a stranger to TTC! lol

to all!!

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#14 of 20 Old 11-19-2008, 07:53 PM

Hi everyone! Good to see you although I wish everyone would have graduated with BFPs... this month can be the month! Let's hope for lots of Christmastime BFPs!!!!

I am CD4. Taking soy through CD7. Hope to ovulate at least as early as last cycle (CD18) but it'd be great if I were earlier than that too!

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#15 of 20 Old 11-20-2008, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to check in and say Hi. Not much going on here... just waiting for AF to fully depart (she really overstayed her welcome this cycle).

I'm wavering on whether to do OPKs this cycle or not. Part of me wants to be 100% sure I'm O-ing, but the other part of me says I should just chill out and go with the flow. Besides, due to various body signs, I'm almost positive I am O-ing. Just can't decide!

Hopeful for all of us!!!!!

#16 of 20 Old 11-20-2008, 06:24 PM

Cycle day 9 here and expecting to O around day 11-12. This is only our second cycle TTC. It took 3 cycles to conceive our daughter so I'm hoping this wont take too long.

I've been having trouble getting good temps in the morning. Lately my daughter has been waking me up about an hour before my alarm and then of course I have to pee. This morning I decided to temp before getting up to pee and then I couldn't find the darn thermometer! sigh

So my chart isn't looking too good so far. I guess I'll have to go by CF and physical symptoms mainly to figure out my O day.

Laura

mom to 3 home-born children, wife to a great guy joy.gif

#17 of 20 Old 11-20-2008, 11:52 PM

Hiya! waiting to O here also! november 20-25ish....i am new to all this so i haven't learned all the acronymns and all ^_^...this will be our third monthy "trying" but we've not been using any contraceptive for about a year. this will be our first! yay!
#18 of 20 Old 11-23-2008, 12:34 PM

I think I O'd yesterday. My cycles have been longer so I think I'll test on 12/10.
All the best to everyone,
jess

#19 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 03:56 AM

Can I join you ladies. I am on CD 6. This is our 2nd cycle TTC after a m/c in June. I have a 2 year old and a 5 year old.
#20 of 20 Old 11-24-2008, 03:57 AM

Lis- I can totally relate to the dilema of whether or not to use OPK's!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page