Mothering Forum banner

Spotting

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Kellyim 
#1 ·
*TMI alert
Yesterday when I got home from work at 2:00 I noticed some very light spotting in my undies and when I wiped. A dark brownish red. I freaked out of course, and started drinking lots of water and trying to take a nap. Obviously that didn't happen so I just read a book to distract myself.

I didn't notice much more the rest of the night, and there hasn't been anything today until I just went to the bathroom (4:00) and noticed some more. This time a brighter orange-red, with some small chunks.

I had absolutely zero spotting with my last pregnancy so I am definitely worried. Just when I was starting to get used to the idea of a new baby I am fearing the worst and trying to prepare myself. I am 10 weeks and my first appointment is in two days. I think I will just wait until then, because I am sure if I call that's all they will tell me to do.

Maybe I am stressing too much or spending too much time on my feet. Should I stop nursing my toddler? Or does that make much difference do you think?

#2 ·
I think you're right that they're just going to tell you to come in on your scheduled time. From what I've seen around, if the amount starts getting more/heavier and is painful is when you should be concerned but if you're appointment is so close I would just keep an eye on it until then and try (I know how impossible that's going to be though, just putting myself in your shoes) to relax a bit more.

It seems like every pregnancy can be different in even the same mom.

Good vibes to you! Staying positive for you!

#4 ·
Thank you both for the positive words. At the appointment ultrasound couldn't find a heartbeat, and could in fact barely find anything. You could see a little blobby that definitely had baby-like looks, but it was hard to find/see and very small. Definitely not what should be seen at this point. My blood flow has steadily increased. LIke a light period. Last night I started having light period like cramps. This morning I go in for an official ultrasound to check viability, and maybe get more information about what happened.

My midwife was still hopeful that maybe the dates were just mixed up, but I know that's not the case. I will update after my appointment.

#6 ·
(hugs) I'm so sorry Tiffa.

Kinda shocking at this point for any of us, at least to me.... I remember looking up the statistics on miscarriage and it drops so dramatically by 7-8 weeks I always want to feel 'safe' after that point - but no, it still happens. :-(

I hope you can take it easy for a little while and your body can take care of itself.

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone. Ultrasound confirmed that Baby stopped growing at 8 weeks (I have been pregnant for 11). My angel will wait for me in heaven. Now I am just waiting for my body to complete the process so that this can be over and we can mourn our loss and heal. I realize now how much I actually want another baby, but I think we will wait a while before trying.

Love and best wishes for all of you and your little ones. <3

#13 ·
Thanks everyone. Ultrasound confirmed that Baby stopped growing at 8 weeks (I have been pregnant for 11). My angel will wait for me in heaven. Now I am just waiting for my body to complete the process so that this can be over and we can mourn our loss and heal. I realize now how much I actually want another baby, but I think we will wait a while before trying.

Love and best wishes for all of you and your little ones. <3
So very sorry for your loss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.