Mothering Forum banner

Stress...keeping it to myself

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  KindRedSpirit 
#1 ·
I'm in the middle of a lot of big life transitions right now(divorce and custody, college for first time at 36, an amazing relationship completely unexpectedly...a lot of moving on but still letting go....) So, I haven't told anyone about this pregnancy except the father. And here. Holding it all together is becomming beyond exhausting. And I just feel way too old for all this energy-sucking. I just need to vent. Thanks. I'm just bummed to not have the energy to completely be in bliss about SO much good!

#3 ·
Wow...that's a lot of transitions! Do you have a pregnancy lifecare center in your area? They deal with so many different situations, and could offer you support, friendship, etc...plus it's all confidential. I actually support a center like this in my area now, but back when I too was in a transitional time of my life (and also pregnant), I wished I would have had something like this around (didn't have a center near me at the time). They offer counseling, resources, and free stuff for the baby, without being judgemental...Just a suggestion! ...Praying all comes together well for you and your baby, and that your new relationship is the "right" one!!!

#5 ·
UPDATE: First prenatal in an hour. A CNM I've doula'd with is covered by my newly acquired insurance, so I know her and trust her and the hospital she attends at.I'm anxious.Still haven't told anyone, though I get a lot of wanting to know looks. Also, I have only ever had one traditional midwife and home births. This is very institutionalized for me, but I am 36 and my history and current relationship make me feel this is right for this birth. I feel the baby move quite a bit as of 2 weeks ago, so that's nice.I'm hoping we don't need to discuss downs. Big day.Deep breaths.

#9 ·
UPDATE;
Found a provider, CNM, I can imagine birthing with her. It's at a hospital, with a few other attending midwives, so could be the luck of the draw, not my fave, but as it is. Boyfriend is INCREDIBLY medical-minded and test- happy. I had previously only ever seen a midwife I'd grown up knowing, at my home...this is a vastly different experience. I'm open to compromise, and a CNM is that. So far, so good. Also had an ultrasound. Kinda cool. Just completely different experience than ever before. Now, to focus on finding a good childbirth class that will teach him why I chose the births I did and why I need certain things to be the same as before. He's pro co-sleeping, but also vaccines, which I haven't even told him my other kids have none of. He'll be abhorred at that, so I need info and support he can bond with. Lots of compromising. It's very hard for either of us to not do things the way we are convinced is best...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.