Mothering Forum banner

What do you have for symptoms??

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  tuesdat 
#1 ·
I am kind of surprised that this time around I have had some pretty definite symptoms from pretty early on. Well, I have always had some early symptoms, but they are usually milder. I am just at five weeks and have been super crampy, exhausted, and nauseous. Then again my kids both have had a stomach bug, so maybe that is figuring in....I even almost feel round ligament pain. And I am super hungry all the time. Like I have probably already gained weight.
Besides that I have been feeling good though, lol. My moods are good and I have actually found a lot of patience for my two, despite not having a whole lot of it lately....
How about you??

#3 ·
Thirsty! Probably doesn't help that i'm in Australia and it's going into summer here, going to be in the 90s today. Tuesday I couldn't stand the thought of coffee, yesterday I would have done anything for root beer (something that is hard to find here). I don't sleep well, which was normal all through my last pregnancy. Crampy at night, when I want to sleep, and more tired...due to not sleeping. That's about it for now, but i'm only 5 and a half weeks. I just hope this one is like my last, I hardly ever got sick.

#4 ·
So anyone else having any symptoms....I'm almost 7 weeks and now I seem to have nothing! It's odd, I never thought I'd wish to have something. Though I already look a bit fat, great :eyesroll ....Guess my belly is well stretched from my 9.5lb baby last time!

#5 ·
Holy Hormones! I am nine weeks, and they are bad! I spend an hour today freaking out about schooling for my daughter. Everything that usually stressed me out a little is kinda over the top this week! On top of week three of feeling nauseous and hungry all the time. Hopefully, my gift from Santa will be easing up on the first trimester stuff.

#6 ·
Coffee tastes gross. It makes me sad. I feel like first thing in the morning is OK but as the day wears on, movement and smells just make my stomach churn.

#7 ·
Is it bad that I kind of wish I had more symptoms? lol I don't really feel preggers... just kinda fat. :/ We only just had our interview with the midwives so I haven't been able to hear the heartbeat yet or anything. :( The only real symptom I'm having is that I gag when I brush my teeth and I'm much more flaky than usual.

#8 ·
I am thankfully not feeling as nauseous anymore but I still have a few weird aversions to certain smells. Bread toasting make me gag! It is the strangest thing. It isn't the taste or texture just the smell. Toast and butter is my boy's go to snack so it has been interesting. Also, I have an aversion to the smell of garlic and peanut butter. Eew, and eggs being fried or scrambled in butter. I can not wait for this stage to be over!

I am also ridiculously tired. Most nights I am on the couch covered up to my chin with a blanket. My poor kids! They don't know what is going on. They are so sweet though. The feel so sorry for me. Again, second trimester can not come soon enough.

#9 ·
Smells are bugging me a lot. The kitchen at work and the bathrooms--oh my. I haven't been able to eat in the regular break room for awhile. I am pretending to be "busy".

I'm still super tired; I just slept 14 hours last night, which I usually can't during the week. Now I feel like a sloth. Midwife says get more exercise. :eek:

That's funny sourjourner, I am loving peanut butter. :wink:

#11 ·
No nausea whatsoever this pregnancy. Total exhaustion though, and lots of stress. I don't feel like it's over the top though - life is pretty stressful right now. My current big freak out is that I have been taking thyroid meds and asthma meds for three months, and I just refilled them this weekend. Went to take my thyroid, and the pill looked different than usual. Checked the bottle, and it was the right pill. Checked the old bottle... and the description didn't match the pills I had been taking. FOR THREE MONTHS OF PREGNANCY. I kept them on opposite sides of the bathroom bc the thyroid and asthma looked so similar. Now it appears that they may have filled my prescription incorrectly. The doctor is sending the bottle to the DEA to be tested, and we've filed a complaint with the board of pharmacy. I'm completely freaked out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.