Mothering Forum banner

Are you finding out the sex of the baby?

2K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  BlessedBeyondMeasure 
#1 ·
This is our last child, (#3.) For my first, (my dh is her stepdad and met us when she was 3 years old,) I did not find out. For our 2nd, we did find out. We wanted to, but even if we had not wanted to, our son's penis was sticking out in a way during the ultrasound that we would have known even if we decided not to find out.

I am a little torn this time! I am not one for surprises, I love to know everything all the time. My husband also leans towards wanting to know. I guess I am questioning that a bit, and wondering because it is the last time, maybe we should have a surprise!

What are you doing? Why did you come to that decision? Are you and your partner on the same page about it?

#3 ·
We have our ultrasound next week and we are going to try to find out the sex. We did it last time but unfortunately we only got "90% girl" because she was positioned so that they could not see all the angles they wanted to give a more certain answer. It did turn out to be right though and it is partly for her we are finding out. She is 3,5 and we feel it would be better for her to know if it is a baby brother or sister from the start. We also have no real reason we don't want to find out either, the last pregnancy was exciting enough even if we knew it was most likely a girl.

#4 ·
We found out with our first two, a boy and a girl, but this time we are planning on waiting. I was always wishing I had the patience with the other two, since I always thought it was such a cool thing to find out at the birth (my BIL and SIL waited with their three and it was awesome for them). But this time I am itching to keep it a surprise...at the same time, as the ultrasound comes up, I am second guessing and I feel like I need to know NOW. If I can just get through this ultrasound.....

#5 ·
I am finding out. I did with all my others. I like having the name more or less picked out and this way I'll know how to rearrange the kids for the new baby since there is going to be a room change regardless of which gender. I've always thought it was neat to find out beforehand, but didn't have the inclination to wait myself.

#6 ·
I have another little girl. I found out at week 11 through blood testing. I like knowing, it was just as much a surprise at 11 weeks as at 20 or 40. My daughter is excited to have a little sister, and that is fun to watch.

#8 ·
I will be finding out March 12th (I hope!). I have a little boy and we found out with him, I also just like to know. None of my friends have yet to have a girl, so they are all pushing for that. Part of me really wants a girl, but the other part is very much fine with another boy.

#10 ·
Congrats to those who have already found out! How exciting!

I have my ultrasound on March 1st. I had never thought about how finding out may help toddlers or older siblings wrap their brains around the new baby, that makes a lot of sense to me.

#12 ·
Twins scare me too. Sure, I think I could survive it but I rather not do it if I can avoid it. My daughter went around saying that we are getting two babies like Dora (The Explorer). Sometimes children are creepy and seem like they almost know things before anyone else so I was scared she had picked up something the rest hadn't. I was very glad when the scan said one baby.

#13 ·
And I totally caved and found out we are having another girl. I was starting to stress about things, so I figured it was better this way. No regrets, I am so much calmer, lol!
But now my husband might want four to even the playing field, haha.
I totally had dreams I was having twins. And I popped super early...but I read that twin dreams meam more about wanting two different kinds of things than actual twins. I only have one baby in there too...although I think twins would be cool....super hard, but really cool.

#15 ·
I totally had dreams I was having twins. And I popped super early...but I read that twin dreams meam more about wanting two different kinds of things than actual twins. I only have one baby in there too...although I think twins would be cool....super hard, but really cool.
Twin dream makes sense. I was 100% certain I was having a girl last time. This time I had the morning sickness like I had with girls but am carrying like I did with boys. In the dream there was one girl one boy.

I have worked with people with disabilities from birth to the elderly, and have seen too many sets of twins where one or both has a severe disability. Granted, I only see the worst case scenarios but its enough to make me not want twins. I worried enough about one being healthy. In the end it wouldn't bother me; at least I know what I'd be getting into and have access to all the resources. Its just my preference is to not have to deal with that. Going into the ultrasound I'm more worried about head size and nuchal folds that I am about gender!

#14 ·
We just found out we are having a girl..my oldest is a girl then had two boys. Was convinced this one was a boy too so it still feels weird to think of havingg a girl!

With my first daughter we were team green..but not by choice! She was the most uncooperative litle thing ever! This is going to be fun to plan and shop for a little girl!

#17 ·
I'm having another girl. My oldest couldn't be more excited. She was afraid of being out numbered, having three brothers and only one sister. My older boy likes babies regardless and to quote my younger boy, "eww". My partner was pretty set on having a boy so I was worried he would be disappointed, but he was super happy after the sono. I'm just glad I don't have to buy all new clothes. We don't have any 0-9 months, but I'm sure we'll get plenty of hand me downs so I'm not worried. The bonus of having a summer baby in Texas is that all I really need are socks, t-shirts and diapers.

#20 ·
Yes we just found out! Another little girl! It was an easier decision for us with both pregnancies, because my husband did not want to wait and I like to plan out nursery decor, clothes, etc. I also find we have a difficult time deciding on a name and if we had to come up with a boy and a girl name it would just make it twice as hard... lol :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.