Mothering Forum banner

Nausea/vomiting at 14 weeks

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Sarah Bee 
#1 ·
I'm having a big case of nausea/vomiting since week 6. I have tried all the things I have heard to help with no relief. I'd like to avoid medication but don't know what to do. I am so happy we are expecting (my son is 8 years old and we've been trying for a long time). I'm feeling scared and looking for a place that is supportive and encouraging.

#2 ·
My guess is you are eating frequent, small amounts of something, sucking on dum dums, have saltines by your bed to eat in the morning, etc.? You may just need to wait it out- just make sure to stay in contact with your provider about this.

#5 ·
I feel for you MOMtoRyan! I'm 16 weeks and still having occasional vomiting. It was so extreme in the first trimester that I went ahead with anti nausea medications and they are helping me a lot. I definitely understand your hesitation to do so, though. I'm taking 50mg B12 supplements which seemed to help some & trying a magnesium skin lotion (can't tell any difference) and I switched to bottled water on recommendation of my midwife because our well water is very high in iron.

Not very reassuring when you feel sick, but I've been told that nausea is a good sign of lots of healthy pregnancy hormones. I always just feel like my body is rebelling against me though :frown: Hope you feel better soon & stay hydrated :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.