Mothering Forum banner

It's a... (1babysmom)

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Sarah Bee 
#1 ·
...6lb 13oz, 19" baby GIRL!
C/S went well at noon, did lose 1100cc blood but no transfusion needed, placenta came away easily and we had no complications. (I was super surprised though at how painful the surgery was AFTER she was out!). I was up and moving as soon as the spinal wore off a couple hours later and that felt wonderful! Everything went so much better than I expected and the staff has all been amazong at acknowledging our situation.
Baby latched on immediately and she is an amazing nurser! We are doing well enough that doc says we can likely go home tomorrow afternoon. We are all in love with this little one!!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks everyone! We were able to come home last night andI got some rest (it's only 2:30 but still more than I got at hospital...and so much nicer to be HOME!!). So about about 35 hours total from the time we checked in to pre-op to discharge. Very pleased with THAT aspect. And pleased to get away from certain hospital staff and policies that treat you like your baby is not your own while you are there. Hate that!

So it feels wonderful to be home. Incision healing nicely, my doc does them so there is no visible stitching or stapling, and no dressing....basically just a thin red incision line from the second they close me up! So It has been nice to not have to worry about tape or anything like with my ectopic. My incision is also slightly higher than common since he went through that previous scar...cleaned it up so nicely!! Hubby was thoroughly disturbed watching the process though and seeing how the two OB's literally threw all their weight into tugging me open from both directions in order to pull baby out (almost in a transverse lie). It was NOT like the c/s I watched in clinicals or anything either of us had seen online! LOL

Oh and last thing...it is so strange having like NO postpartum bleeding. Maybe a bit of clots and light flow for the first 6 hours of recovery but ever since then it has only been VERY light spotting, sometimes nothing at all. When I polled women about PP lochia of a vaginal birth vs a c/s, it varies widely but most of them bled similarly to vaginal, some more even. I expected mine to be similar...but wow, I could have gone straight to pantiners just hours after surgery and they said not to expect it to get heavier at all. I guess when they literally suction everything out for thay placenta previa, they aren't kidding around. I admit I really miss the lochia smell of vaginal birth though. That kind of sweet scent has always been associated with such good memories so I miss it (same with baby not smelling the same at birth).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.