The December Infertility ONE Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 268 Old 12-06-2008, 10:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another BFN for us.
My NP did say I tested a little early, so if no AF by Monday I'll go back in for another test. So I am busy doing a no AF chant, and many many prayers. I am cautiously optimistic. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! We are bundled up enjoying a snowing cold night.

JenaMom to ds & dd Proud to
#62 of 268 Old 12-06-2008, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

BellyBean - I find that it's impossible to not get your hopes up during the 2ww. : for a BFP at the end of it!

MeadowMom - I hope AF stays away for you!!!!

AFM, I'll be on travel for work all next week, so hopefully that will keep my upcoming surgery off my mind.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#63 of 268 Old 12-07-2008, 10:13 AM

MEADOWMOM- I will be doing the no AF chant for you too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daisy-Glad to know I'm not the only one obsessing, Dh thinks I'm nuts, says it will happen when it happens, you know how that goes. I'm trying my best and I'm not used to being so weak, I'm usually the rock in the family so he is not used to seeing me that way and I think men don't know how to handle their feelings. Thanks for listening.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#64 of 268 Old 12-07-2008, 10:42 AM

I just posted on the December IUI thread but I will post here too. Because I was about to give up and I want everyone to know to keep trying.

I have been TTC since November 2005 and we are dealing with severe MFI.
We have already scheduled our IVF consult (which we can't afford). And then...this a.m....I got a BFP!!!!!!!! I am shocked and stunned.
I am so glad we didn't give up.

We had our 7th IUI in November and I really didn't think it worked (b/c I had all normal AF symptoms). But then I wasn't spotting when I normally spot, so without a lot of hope, I POAS this morning.

Big digital PREGNANT popped up.
And this was an unmedicated IUI and I am stunned. Didn't think it could ever work.
I am still cautious, b/c I am in my mid 30s. So I don't want to jump the gun here.

But DON'T GIVE UP.
It can happen. Just takes a lot of endurance and tears and pain.
But keep trying.
#65 of 268 Old 12-07-2008, 10:44 AM

: Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#66 of 268 Old 12-07-2008, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FayeO View Post

We had our 7th IUI in November and I really didn't think it worked (b/c I had all normal AF symptoms). But then I wasn't spotting when I normally spot, so without a lot of hope, I POAS this morning.

Big digital PREGNANT popped up.
And this was an unmedicated IUI and I am stunned. Didn't think it could ever work.
I am still cautious, b/c I am in my mid 30s. So I don't want to jump the gun here.
Congratulations!!!! : Let me know when you're ready to be moved to the Graduates list!!!!

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#67 of 268 Old 12-07-2008, 02:14 PM

FAYE0-CONGRATS, I NEEDED TO HEAR SOMETHING POSIVE. HOPE U BROUGHT LUCK TO ALL OF US.:::

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#68 of 268 Old 12-07-2008, 04:32 PM

Thanks everyone for the well wishes!!
I do hope this starts a chain of BFPs for everyone.

Just so you don't throw in the towel yet, remember (and I know I already said this):
This was cycle #37 for me (TTC)!! 36 long and difficult failures.
And this was my 7th artificial insemination (my RE insisted that I try 9 TOTAL before moving on to IVF). I thought she was loony.
But now I see the logic.

Anyway-I just want to encourage everyone to persist even though it's exhausting.

I think this board really helped me muddle through.
Thanks again.
And hopefully this works out for me. Still cautious...
#69 of 268 Old 12-07-2008, 05:37 PM

faye yay!! We haven't had a bfp in a couple of weeks!! hoprefully this is the first of many this month!!

Daisy everytime one of my friends @ work announces a pregnancy I am always telling myself "its ok, I will be pregnant by the time they have their babies- no big deal." They has been many babies (one of the girls is preg w/ her 3rd baby!!) And I am still not preg. So, I refuse to say that to myself anymore. My bff is preg and she keeps saying I won't be able to take care of her during labor cause I am going to be off work having my own baby. I just laugh and say nah... wouldn't miss your delivery for anything!! I just can't do that to myself again....hurts too bad when I go visit the new mama and baby w/ an empty uterus!!! Good luck! Hang in there, its really tough!!

I just got back from visting my mom in KY, long trip!! It is always so exhausting to go home. I love my mom, but DAMN!! why must family be so stressful??

anyways, I am soooo proud of myself this month. CD 29 (14dpo) and have NOT poas!! yay me!! Not having back pain, but a scant amt brown spotting. My lp is usually 14 days, but this is the first month that I haven't taken meds in about 7 months, so not really getting my hopes up yet. Going to wait a few more days and if no AF then might test. lol... if only I could be so ignorant to not know I was preg until I was like 12 weeks along!! ignorance is bliss!!
#70 of 268 Old 12-07-2008, 05:57 PM

Wow Crystal, 14 dpo and you haven't POAS!!!! Plus, you say you might wait a couple more days! You are much stronger than I am...I am 6dpiui and going crazy already!!!!

I have spent more time than I want to admit staring at my chart today and thinking about possible PG symptoms (tired, back pain, cramps, tender breasts...) I have had them all before, so I can't really believe they mean anything...but of course I do. I wish I could keep my hopes/expectations down, but I have already thought of a creative way to share the news with family at Christmas. I am not sure how many more of the ups/downs I can take.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#71 of 268 Old 12-07-2008, 10:50 PM

Poetgirl, my entire belly is bruised this go round. I have big bruises on both sides and my arm is very bruised from daily blood work.

I have no idea where I am in my cycle, trying to get answers out of the nurses has been like pulling teeth and no answers. I got my message today and estrogen is 4600 and I do have 12 follicles (not sure at all on sizes). Not sure what that means. My dad called and my grandma's funeral is on Saturday and they want me there. I have asked the nurses a few times if I can make it between retrieval and transfer to go out of town, but no answer yet. It has been hard. I don't know what to do, but feel like I can't just give up on my cycle and leave town and waste thousands of dollars on the IVF cycle. But I would love to know if I can go. My med instructions for today were just 2.5 units of Lupron, down to 2.5 units of low dose Ovidrel from 10, and no Follistim, down from 125 yesterday. That seems sooooo different from last time, I know I was on Follistim until the night of my trigger. Plus, I need a few days and DH needs a few days of antibiotics before retrieval, but no word on that.

Carly, mama to DS C (5th grade), DD Miss M (07/09, fostered 1/10, adopted 08/10), and Little Miss C (11/10, fostered 01/11, adopted 11/12). Foster Son, Mr. A, age 11 placed 10/13.
My angel babies , ~01/08~ (twins), ~09/08~, and ~01/09~.

#72 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 09:57 AM

Back to CD 1 No meltdown, which is amazing, fertility meds must really make me a lot more crazy than I am on my own!! @ least I didn't have the crushing back pain until AF arrived in all her glory! Going to try my CBFM @ night this month, my schedule is all out of whack cause I work midnights.
#73 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 11:37 AM

FayeO - Congratulations!!!! I know what you mean... by try number 3 I was thinking "what could possibly be different this time?" In that way it's comforting to just keep trying different things. But it can not work, and not work, and then suddenly work. I hope that you see nice strong betas and a heartbeat in a few weeks!

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#74 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-mommy View Post
Back to CD 1 No meltdown, which is amazing, fertility meds must really make me a lot more crazy than I am on my own!! @ least I didn't have the crushing back pain until AF arrived in all her glory! Going to try my CBFM @ night this month, my schedule is all out of whack cause I work midnights.
Sorry about AF.

I am right there with you. Should be starting in two days or so. Ugh.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#75 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 02:11 PM

So this morning I did something that I never do. I POAS. I had one kicking around still, and decided I'd rather not be wondering about the beta all day and then freak out when I get the phone call. It was negative. Not at all surprised given the state of my lining. And somehow I'm actually ok. Just ready to get on with it and start the Letrozole while saying prayers that my lining will be fine off the Clomid.
#76 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 02:39 PM

CrystalMommy and DaisyMae-

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#77 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 02:53 PM

:FayeO CONGRATULATIONS: so happy for you after all you been through. Now this BFP can get rid of all the hardship! Not all, but it makes it all well worth it. Enjoy!

DaisyMae08 and Crystal-mommy--argh, sorry

Hello to everyone else. Hope things are going good for everyone.

Afm-took my last day of bcp yesterday. I have no idea when AF shows up. Then I go in cd 3 to see if I am a go for clomid/trigger/IUI cycle. Fingers crossed for the 3 big cysts to be gone. This month was so long it felt.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#78 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 03:45 PM

Wgt- Hope all this waiting is going to pay off this month!!!!!: Praying your cysts are gone!!!!! The bleeding should start soon after stopping, from what I've read. Did you bleed mid-BCP cycle?

On Dec 22, I go for another follie study. The nurse says we might induce ovulation if the cyst has shrunk. She says since the bleeding after stopping the BCP's isn't truly a 'period', just withdrawl bleeding, we may skip that. Who knows. I guess I will learn more Dec 22nd. Most people can't wait for Christmas...I can't wait for Dec 22nd.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#79 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 08:42 PM

Crystal and Daisy, I am so sorry this cycle didn't end with a BFP for you

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#80 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 09:05 PM

Does anyone know/believe if there is any correlation between progesterone tests results at 7 dpo and being pregnant? (I know the purpose is to evaluate ovulation) I haven't been able to find anything on the internet, but I thought I might ask you ladies, since everyone here is really an expert!

#81 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post
Does anyone know/believe if there is any correlation between progesterone tests results at 7 dpo and being pregnant? (I know the purpose is to evaluate ovulation) I haven't been able to find anything on the internet, but I thought I might ask you ladies, since everyone here is really an expert!
They always tell you not to extrapolate anything preg-wise from the test, however if it's insanely high and you're not doing prog. shots or anything, often it's a pregs. What is insanely high? I knew a woman with 42, pregs. Another in the 70's and we had a gal on here with 100 something and she was also. I've only heard once of someone in this super high range that was not pregnant. FWIW IMHE. Did you just find out yours? (she asks curiously)

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#82 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 09:40 PM

Poet, that's kind of what I was thinking...I just got my blood drawn a couple of hours ago so I should hear back on the results tomorrow. I love to over-analyze, so this is right up my alley. Ahhhh, the 2ww is torture!

#83 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 09:46 PM

Just chiming in that last cycle, my progesterone was 52- and BFN. I attribute it to my cyst, though. And for the record, DM360's was a measly 5, just showing that she ovulated, and she got a BFP that cycle!! I would base nothing on it, thats just me. Oh yeah...tell us what yours is when you know

#84 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 09:59 PM

Natrualmom--I never spotted or bleed throughout the 3 weeks of the pills. Is this good or bad. Now I am so anxious that I have plan on taking some time off of work to schedule cd3 tests. Plus I am having twitching pains in my right ovary now. Doesn't feel good. Probably a cyst there also.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#85 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 10:06 PM

Oh, I hope its not a cyst!!! Bleeding is neither good or bad, it can just happen.

#86 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 10:18 PM

Crystal and Daisy-- so sorry for AF she is the worst enemy we could ever have.

AFM-Just heard about another Dh friend's wives prego. That's 2 this month. Shocked to say he told me when his friend told him that he wanted to reach across the table and choke him. He said he knows how I feel now when I find out the next girl who got preg after 3 months of trying. On 4th day of Clomid and hot flashes suck, it helps that's its 21 degrees here.

Question- How many IUI do you all think are enough until moving onto IVF. My Re says usually after 3 or 4 the success rate is much lower. But reading these posts I see it can work after 4 and even 7. I don't want to rush into IVF if there is still hope for IUI. Any thoughts?

#87 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 11:34 PM

I guess all I can comment on is I am doing IUI till I get preggers because I cannot afford IVF. That being said, I have only done 5 and will probobly do 4 more, then I will explore that for sure. If IVF was a feasable option for me, I would have done it already!!! I hope its an option for you though. best of luck.

BTW: Got a phone call this Sat from an old high school friend I haven't spoken to in 8 years until just recently. She calls hysterical crying because she is 3 months preggo, doesn't want it, boyfriend is leaving her, so...she wants to give me this baby. Anyhow, that being said, I told her to take some time and come to terms with it. She doesn't really want to give her baby away, she is just in crisis. I can't figure out how the cards are dealt sometimes:

#88 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 11:44 PM

Naturalmom--how ironic life is. It sure doesn't make sense at all! I am still questioning why is that I work FT and have to go for fertility treatments and risk my job while my co-worker who only works 2 days a week, little older than me, got pregnant the first month of trying. How sick is this. Plus, I waited 4 years for my dh to finally agree on trying. I thought I waited long enough, guess not.

#89 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 11:49 PM

momtoalexis--this is a good question on how many IUIs before one moves to IVF. I think personally for me I would do 3-4 IUIs then move on to IVF. I am to impatient to wait over 6 IUIs. My RE suggested we do 4 clomid/IUI, then 4 INJ/IUI then move onto IVF. He thinks after 8 cycles we should move on.

#90 of 268 Old 12-08-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
momtoalexis--this is a good question on how many IUIs before one moves to IVF. I think personally for me I would do 3-4 IUIs then move on to IVF. I am to impatient to wait over 6 IUIs. My RE suggested we do 4 clomid/IUI, then 4 INJ/IUI then move onto IVF. He thinks after 8 cycles we should move on.
That sounds ideal. You have 4 cycle with a little help, then 4 cycles with the big guns.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page