The December Infertility ONE Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 268 Old 12-11-2008, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
c'smom- YAY!! : Best wishes on your ER!!!

Bellybean- sorry sorry.

Had my u/s this morning. Everything looks fine, so I start my Clomid on Sunday (CD 5). For some reason I am feeling really down today, thinking "why do we even bother with this..."

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 268 Old 12-11-2008, 06:38 PM

We got the go ahead to cycle again this month. My cysts are not big enough to concern my RE.
I am going to my first acupuncture appt on Tuesday, I am hoping a little extra help will be what we need this month!

JenaMom to ds & dd Proud to
#123 of 268 Old 12-11-2008, 08:35 PM

Bellybean -- sorry, I know its heartbreaking. I hope you are feeling alright.

Christophersmom-yeah, that was a close call, congrats on your upcoming ER.

Nummies--I feel the same way, why bother. I am so negative about all of this. I keep telling dh over and over again why bother doing clomid and IUI next cycle when its more than likely not going to happen. The odds are against us. But hey you never know alot of us get pregnant with IUIs. I guess its a matter of time for all of us.

Poet--how did the IUI go?

AFM-still waiting for the witch....

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#124 of 268 Old 12-11-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeadowMom View Post
We got the go ahead to cycle again this month. My cysts are not big enough to concern my RE.
I am going to my first acupuncture appt on Tuesday, I am hoping a little extra help will be what we need this month!
Congrats on the go ahead for this cycle. I have been in bcp land this past month for 3 big cysts on my left ovary. I am not sure if its pcos. My testosterone levels are high. My LH and FSH are the same ratio. I am not sure what is going on with me. I have not talked to my doc yet. I am waiting for Af to show and go in hopefully cd3 and talk about their findings from my bw. I noticed in your sig that you have pcos. I thought you might know a little about it. But again congrats on moving on.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#125 of 268 Old 12-11-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
Congrats on the go ahead for this cycle. I have been in bcp land this past month for 3 big cysts on my left ovary. I am not sure if its pcos. My testosterone levels are high. My LH and FSH are the same ratio. I am not sure what is going on with me. I have not talked to my doc yet. I am waiting for Af to show and go in hopefully cd3 and talk about their findings from my bw. I noticed in your sig that you have pcos. I thought you might know a little about it. But again congrats on moving on.
Ever since the birth of ds 10 years ago I have been dealing with cysts. I wasn't diagnosed with PCOS until 3 years ago. Although I know I've been battling it for close to 9 years. I hope you can get some answers soon.

#126 of 268 Old 12-11-2008, 11:18 PM

CHRISTOPHERSMOM-So glad things worked out. Good Luck with the ER.

BELLYBEAN-So sorry your feeling down. I'm not really familiar with the temp monitoring, I'm guessing it stays up when preg, I've never checked my temp, I don't think it is the best indicator, hang in there.

POET-How was the IUI, I was thinking of you today.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#127 of 268 Old 12-11-2008, 11:52 PM

Sorry I have been away, my computer has died

Meadowmom- Welcome back! I am up by Superior too. Who are you seeing for accupuncture? Are you using Clomid or Letrazolw this cycle?

Nummies- Good luck on this cycle. Its easy to wonder why keep going. But look at the women who have had success here. Every cycle is a new chance.

Bellybean-

C'smom- Congrats!! Hope your ER goes well!!!

Wgt- 11 more days on BCP's. Hope AF comes soon for you so they can see whats going on in your ovaries.

MOMTOALEXIS- GL on your U/S tomorrow!!

Poet- How did your IUI go?

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#128 of 268 Old 12-12-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
Sorry I have been away, my computer has died

Meadowmom- Welcome back! I am up by Superior too. Who are you seeing for accupuncture? Are you using Clomid or Letrazolw this cycle?

We are sticking with letrozole, clomid did nothing for me but give me more cysts!
I am going to see Jodi Cope I believe is her last name at the Healing Point on Superior St.

#129 of 268 Old 12-12-2008, 02:23 PM

Saw RE today. Have 3 large 14mm follicles. Have to go back Monday, he thinks we will be ready for IUI Tues. or Wed. While I was waiting to be seen,a couple that's been in the office several times that I was there came in today with a huge fruit basket for the staff and everyone was congratulating them. They just found out IVF worked and it is triplets. Oh boy, can't even imagine. It was nice to see a success story, always gives me more hope.

How is everyone else??????????

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#130 of 268 Old 12-12-2008, 02:49 PM

Just a quick note. Af finally arrived. Kind of good timing. I will be going to the clinic on Mon to see how my ovaries are doing. I am hoping we can start clomid.

momotoalexsis--Greatfollies, looks good for you on tues/wed IUI. oh I wish it was me giving my re office a basket. I would have been kind of jealous. Maybe not the triplet part but at least good news for the holidays. All I am asking santa is for one!!!!! One miracle baby. Knowing me I will probbably ovulate on xmas day.

natrualmom--only 11 days left, your time is moving fast. It felt like eternity for me...

thanks meadowmom--I hope I can get answers on Mon. I have so many questions to ask. I have a 5 pages worth of test results to go over with them.

bellybean--so sorry, I know the temp thing. I never had to do much hpt, I knew right away when my temp went down.

#131 of 268 Old 12-12-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMTOALEXIS View Post
Saw RE today. Have 3 large 14mm follicles. Have to go back Monday, he thinks we will be ready for IUI Tues. or Wed. While I was waiting to be seen,a couple that's been in the office several times that I was there came in today with a huge fruit basket for the staff and everyone was congratulating them. They just found out IVF worked and it is triplets. Oh boy, can't even imagine. It was nice to see a success story, always gives me more hope.

How is everyone else??????????
What meds are you on this cycle? That is wonderful that the couple came in when you were there. Nice to see success stories!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#132 of 268 Old 12-12-2008, 10:16 PM

(just posted this is IUI thread)
Officially 2WWing now. IUI was Thurs. morning and I think I O'd on Thursday afterward because temp was 97.3 Thurs. am and 98 today. Our count was about half of last time, low for us (I think dh felt bad) but not low in the scheme of things, 23 mil. I still don't know how many eggs I had or how big they were, but if they were viable this is our best timing.
I kind of broke down later last night...we were out with a big group of people and one end of the long table started talking about IF insensitively and the other half was cooing over baby pictures and stories and I was in the middle with my back to the wall, so I couldn't get out. I was still crampy from the IUI and I think I almost had a panic attack. Oh please let this have worked.

Wtng I really hope your ovaries are cyst-free! GL!

Mom to A Sounds like you are having a great cycle. Excellent!

Nat Sorry about your computer, really throws me off when that happens. Hope everything is going okay for you.

C'sMom I am SO very glad your cycle is moving forward. Big phew. Good Luck. I really hope this works for you!

Bellybean I'm so sorry.

Nummies Good Luck on your clomid cycle. I know, sometimes I feel okay about things and other times, so lowdown. There's the emotional component of this and then the hormonal fluctuations and the combo can send you up and down. I hope you feel better about the cycle soon.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#133 of 268 Old 12-12-2008, 11:03 PM

Thanks so much for everyone's support and kind words.

I feel bad for being such a drama queen, my response has never been this bad. I completely broke down yesterday and spent most of the evening crying. Poor DH didn't know what to do or say. The crazy thing is my last 3 temperatures have been the exact same as the past 2 months (on 9, 10, and 11 dpo). I can't even guess the odds of that.

I am still debating testing tomorrow. I guess if my temperature stays constant I'll test, if it goes down any more I wont.

Poet, Good luck on the iui! Hope your 2ww goes by quickly.

Wtg, Glad AF came. It is always nice to have a fresh start on a new cycle.

All, : and tons of baby dust!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#134 of 268 Old 12-12-2008, 11:53 PM

NUMMIES- Taking 150mg this cycle, but I have had many good cycles and still no success so I'm not so hopeful. I know I should try to be positive but it is so hard to do. I feel like a robot just programed to do all this, and just hoping one day it will work.

POET-Glad to hear IUI went well. Sorry you were in such a uncomfortable situation. I hope so much that this is it for you and you could flash your baby pics around.

WTG- I was kinda jealous of course, but for some strange reason I just thought to myself, this is going to be me one day and I just can't wait. I wish I could be Santa and give all of us our hope miracle babies, all this is just so unfair.

#135 of 268 Old 12-13-2008, 12:14 PM

Egg retrieval went well. 21 eggs retrieved. I am shocked!!!! I just am waiting for a call today to see how many fertilized and when transfer will be.

Carly, mama to DS C (5th grade), DD Miss M (07/09, fostered 1/10, adopted 08/10), and Little Miss C (11/10, fostered 01/11, adopted 11/12). Foster Son, Mr. A, age 11 placed 10/13.
My angel babies , ~01/08~ (twins), ~09/08~, and ~01/09~.

#136 of 268 Old 12-13-2008, 12:51 PM

Christophersmom, WOW! 21 eggs, that's great! Keep us posted how many fertilize.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#137 of 268 Old 12-13-2008, 01:07 PM

christophersmom, what a great number! I hope you get a great fert report too!

#138 of 268 Old 12-13-2008, 02:07 PM

Poetgirl--I hope this time is it. Great timing! So sorry about the party and the feeling of hopelessness. I total understand and have been through something like that recently.

Christophersmom--awesome, 21 eggs, looking real good for you. That is great retrieval. Out of 21 eggs there will be alot fertilizing.

Momtoalexsis--hope this cylce will be the one esp at 150mg. Sorry about me being so selfish saying I was jealous but I am happy for them also.

Bellybean--don't feel so bad being a drama queen. I am also going crazy and driving everyone bonkers on this board. Even my dh is getting upset with me. If you guys were not supportive and caring I would have no where else to go. I am so happy I can be cranky, emotional and b'tchy here. Everyone is so helpful can suppotive here. There are times I thought you guys will pounce on me but everyone is so helpful. Oh keep the temps up. Hoping for you.

nummies-- You know I am still afraid still of ovulating on xmas eve or the xmas day, yikes. Its causing alot of stress cause of this. I might just go "natural" maybe this cycle. I might have to see what my docs say on mon.

AFM--Right now upstate NY is going through a ice storm whereby almost 80% of the homes are without power. Thank goodness we were spared. I am so thankful we have power and heat. So many people are freezing in their homes. It will be at least 3-4 days before anyone sees power. I went to Target yesterday to buy some cookie cutters and I noticed people were buying lamps, lanterns, flashlights, hats, mittens etc. They wiped out the whole store for the basics. This is a wake up call for me ----please be prepared for emergencies. Save up on candles, flashlights with batteries, can food that you can open with a can opener.

Also Dh and I had a horrible fight last night about the ups and downs in ttc. One thing led to another. We are ok now just feeling bad about all of this. SO much stress cause of the holidays. We are having a xmas eve party and I might be ovulating then and he told me forget it cause he will be drinking. I told him lets forget about having a baby. We are not getting no where in this. The problem is if I need to take clomid now it will be such wrong timing. ARGH, why does this have to be so difficult when others just have to look at each other and get pregnant.

Sorry long winded conversation.....I needed to vent. I have no one to talk to about this. No one understands or even cares. Plus, I exhausted dh to the point of him almost shutting down completely.

#139 of 268 Old 12-13-2008, 02:49 PM

Wgt- Wow, what a sressful situation. I am sorry, its so hard to be TTC with IF!! Is it that your clinic won't do IUI on Christmas? You probobly said and I missed it. That seems so crappy to add the stress of not ovulating on a certian day to this whole process! BTW- Yay for AF (that seems so wrong to say) Hope your appointment goes well on Monday in spite of all of this.

C'smom- Yeah for 21 eggs:

BellyBean- You are no drama queen. We are here for you. This is the place to obsess, curse, cry, vent, and soon celebrate. Hang in there.

Poet- UGG...I hate when people speak in things they will never understand. Sorry you had to sit there and hear it. And those will be your baby pic's soon. Yeah on the IUI, thats still a great count. And it sounds like you hit O well timed!! What grade were te swimmers?

Nummies- By monday your follies should be ready. How exciting.

Meadow- I'm really glad its Letrazole. It seems Clomid is very touchy on cysts. Glad your in the game!!

AFM- 9 days left on BCP, then baseline U/S. 2 vials of DS here and waiting at my clinic, nice and frozen....oh and my friend made up with her boyfriend and are keeping her baby (suprise suprise) But did tell me she is going to do every prenatal screening test possible becuase she doesn't want a 'retard' baby. WTF? I did remind her of my autisitc child, but she did't get it. I was utter appauled by this conversation and ended it quickly. How sad

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#140 of 268 Old 12-13-2008, 05:46 PM

Wtg if it makes you feel any better clomid usually delays ovulation 1-2 days from whatever your "norm" is- @ least in my experience and 3 of my friends. I usually ovulated day 13-15 on my own, on clomid day 5-9 I didn't ovulate till day 19!! So maybe taking the clomid it will delay your O so it won't be on xmas. Hang in there!! Holidays are rough! My dh and I usually have at least one fight a month about the whole TTC ordeal. Just try not to hold a grudge and realize that yes we are the ones suffering thru all this crap, but we are also the ones that get to carry the baby.. which is well worth it!!

everyone else- catch up w/ ya in a bit... gotta get ready for work.

me
#141 of 268 Old 12-14-2008, 01:10 AM

C'SMOM-21 eggs, awesome

WTG- You were totally not being selfish. I can't even hang out with anyone prego anymore, it just hurts too much. Dh thinks I'm nuts but his friends wife came by 2 weeks ago to watch a movie and she is 4months prego and all she did was rub her belly on the couch. I cried for an hour after she left. I was trying to please Dh so he could see his friend but I told him it's not fair for me to torture myself and I don't really care if they are offended or not. He actually was okay with it. And please vent here as much as possible because I look forward to talking to all of you everyday.

AFM-Having family over for an early holiday party so that's at least been keeping me busy. Back to Re on Monday to see when IUI will be. It's getting harder and harder to get there with work and all. I only work 3 days a week 12hours but I have to switch days a lot cause I never know when I will need to see RE. That's one of the biggest stressors of all. I'm running out of excuses to tell my supervisor, anyone have some I could use.lol. Have a good weekend everyone.

#142 of 268 Old 12-14-2008, 10:46 AM

Oh momtoalexis, it's so hard. DH and I visited my friend with the new baby for a while yesterday afternoon. It is just heartbreaking. When she complains about how hard it is I practically lose it. We would all kill to be in that position.

As far as work goes, I finally had to tell the assistant principal (I teach HS). Turns out he and his wife are going through the same thing, so he was VERY understanding and has been amazing about me coming in late or taking days, etc. Thank goodness. It was so nice to be able to cross one thing off my worry list.

I think DH is going to have to tell his boss soon. He's been waiting until the last minute to make travel arrangements for his business trips and has had to bail on one or two. I'd rather have the boss know than think DH is slacking.
#143 of 268 Old 12-14-2008, 01:05 PM

MomtoA, I finally broke down and told my boss. It took more than a year though. Last year after comign in late for MD appts, then missing my on call day because we didn't see the heartbeat on the US, then being on disability for a D&C, then sick for another miscarriage, then getting sick during the cycle and still comign in late. She was glad I told her. I still am not sure it is the right answer, but it did lift a weight off of me feeling like I was being a slacker.
WTG - All the best, this is a really hard month for you with the added stress of wondering if it will be for nothing if the office is closed. Good luck.
Natmom - You really just can't win with some people. My brother was the same way he wouldn't let his gf do things because it was going to cause a retard. He ended up with a beautilful unplanned baby girl with his 24 year old girfriend and it hurt! But what can ya do. Maybe distance yourself or you will keep getting hurt.
Belly - We are all drama sometimes, you can't go through this and be chipper and happy all the time, too much to go through. Sometimes we break down and are bit%^, I KNOW I am. The hormones probably play a big role.
Poet - GL, I hope this is it for you! The dinner party sounds like it sucked really bad. Unless you have gone through IF, you just don't know. I hate when people make assumptions.

16 eggs fertilized, 12 are looking really good, 4 are okay. They are pushing transfer to Wednesday, a 5 day transfer. Not sure on what quality that they will be or quantity. Maybe we will even get to freeze some. We shall see. I am nervous because we are going out of town on Friday so that only leaves me Wednesday and Friday of rest vs. a Monday transfer I was going to lay around Mon-Thurs after transfer. But, there is nothing I can do. My dad bought me tickets to Vegas for my grandma's memorial. I hope 2 days rest is good enough.

Carly, mama to DS C (5th grade), DD Miss M (07/09, fostered 1/10, adopted 08/10), and Little Miss C (11/10, fostered 01/11, adopted 11/12). Foster Son, Mr. A, age 11 placed 10/13.
My angel babies , ~01/08~ (twins), ~09/08~, and ~01/09~.

#144 of 268 Old 12-14-2008, 02:06 PM

Thanks so much for the advice. I think I will soon have to break down and tell my boss also. It seems to be the best way to go.

C'SMOM-Looking good for you. How many days are you suppose to rest for? I guess just don't do anything stenuous in Vegas. Just sit at the Blackjack table.. Good Luck to you, I'm glad to hear the good news.

#145 of 268 Old 12-14-2008, 02:32 PM

I am also having trouble managing my job and all the tests and procedures. This part is causing me alot of stress. It sounds like all of you have great bosses and allowing you guys to take some needed time off.

I think I will be telling my boss what I am going through. This will take off a big weight off my shoulders. I am stressing when is cd3 and wondering when my eggs pop out I have to miss my work for IUI. Its hard to manage a ft job and IF.

Do any of you use FMLA to protect you in case you miss alot of work?

#146 of 268 Old 12-14-2008, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

christophersmom - So excited for you this cycle!

natrualmom - I have no words for the situation with your friend. That's awful. I hope your baseline U/S gives you some good news!

AFM, I'm back from my business trip in sunny SoCal just in time for a midwest ice storm. If my surgery gets postponed because of the weather, I'm going to freak out. I'm really ready to have it over with.

I'm not going to try to catch up with everyone (I missed a lot this week!), but big s for everyone who needs one.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#147 of 268 Old 12-14-2008, 08:38 PM

found me

This is the second month I have had really painful cramps that lasted for a couple hours. Is this a normal side effect of the clomid? I had to take several advil and lay on a heating pad...but I am starting to feel better now. The other thing is my periods are a lot lighter. They used to be about 2 days and light, but now it is like 1 day and super light. Do you think that means my lining is thin? Sorry for all the questions?!?

I have thought about telling my boss to make things easier, but I haven't yet. "Luckily" with the economy, they are asking everyone to travel less. Before I got on clomid my cycles were so irregular I was always making excuses to get out of traveling because I didn't want to miss our opportunity if it was going to take another 2 months for another chance.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone Just having a place to say/write things makes this whole thing easier. People just don't understand, none of my friends have had any problems getting pg, and I am so sick of people getting pregnant after 1 cycle or even worse I have 2 friends who got pregnant on birth control (pills and depo)! AAHHH!

The only good thing is we are getting our first and probably only snow of the year. : The city totally shuts down if it snows so : I get to stay home tomorrow and sulk a little more for good measure.

#148 of 268 Old 12-14-2008, 09:08 PM

Bellybean, my guess is that the clomid is thinning your lining. I know this can be the case with some women. Are you being monitored? That will let you know how your lining in looking through the cycle. HTH.

#149 of 268 Old 12-14-2008, 09:45 PM

Hi Bellybean, the Clomid could definitely be thinning your lining. Mine was too thin on Clomid, so I've just switched to Letrozole (Femara). I took my first dose tonight.

Check out the thread I started on "thin lining." There are a lot of suggestions there about how to thicken your lining for next time. I'd also ask the RE about the Clomid and see if there's another option for you (Letrozole or injectibles).
#150 of 268 Old 12-14-2008, 10:22 PM

BellyBean-: Sorry for AF.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page