The December Infertility ONE Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
December

The Infertility ONE Thread

A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Trying to Conceive

BellyBean - TTC#1 - 1 year, ovulation and MF issues, 4 clomid cycles, last 2 with IUI

christophersmom - TTC#2 since November 2005. Multiple rounds of Clomid, two HSG's, 1 IVF in November 2007 (twins miscarried in January 2008), miscarriage in September 2008. Trying IVF again.

Crystal-mommy - TTC #2 w/ PCOS on and off for 3 yrs. 2 clomid cycles-BFN, 1st cycle w/ femara

DaisyMae08 - TTC for 15 months. Trying Clomid + Ovidrel trigger.

FayeO - Tired mama (age 34) to DD (1/03). TTC #2 since November 2005. Diagnosed with MFI (antisperm antibodies) this fall. Currently TTC with unmedicated IUIs. December will be IUI #8. Only one more after that and then it's time for a BIG decision about IVF.

gumby74 - ttc #2 with just the use of folic acid and baby aspirin. If not successful, we will do the hormone IUI route starting next cycle.

hapi2help - I am a 33 yo mom to one DS conceived naturally after 11 months of TTC. We have been trying for 19 months this time around. I have recently been diagnosed with blocked fallopian tubes and am now contemplating surgery and IUI or going straight to IVF.

Happily Blessed - I am 39. We dealt with IF for 7.5 years before conceiving via IVF/ICSI/AH for my little man who is 22 months. We are now TTC #2 with IUI. This is the second IUI we have done with Femara, the first was with Follistem, and this one was with straight Femara. When we did the IUI on Monday, the 27th, it was with 1 #20mm follie. I am praying this one works. I also have PCOS, APA, and MTHFR factors. Dh is just fine but we still put him on Fertility Blend for Men for this cycle.

Julia'sMom TTC#2 with PCOS. IVF #1 - July '08 - miscarried twins at 12 wks. Trying naturally until IVF in early '09.

LibbyLou - TTC #1 since Sept 2007 with PCOS. Cystic fibrosis carrier. Currently trying Metformin + Clomid. Diagnostic Lap scheduled Dec. 16th.

MeadowMom - TTC#2 with PCOS and fibroids. Using Letrozole and HCG trigger.

MOMTOALEXIS - Waiting for AF to see if Clomid induced cyst is gone and hopefully get ready for IUI #3.

natrualmom - TTC#3, new MF issues. IUI #4 with letrazole/injectibles/trigger/IUI

Needle In the Hay - Experiencing unexplained secondary infertility for 5+ years. Starting IUI's this cycle. Also dealing with hypothyroidism; started treament for that about a year ago.

nummies - 25, TTC #2. Conceived 17 month old son from IVF/ ICSI. MFI with 0-1% normal sperm morphology. Doing our first IUI in January

poetgirl - TTC for 25 cycles. Low progesterone, possible premature ovarian problems, LPD and hypothalamus dysfunction. Removed polyp 3/08. 4 failed Clomid/IUI cycles, doing Follistim/IUI this month and then IVF.

wtg4miracle - MFI and older, I am 38 and he is 43. We just failed our 6month of ttc and waiting to see an RE.

Taking a Break

blueyezz4 - TTC #1 since July 2006; Have done 3 rounds of clomid (1 - 100mg and 2 - 50mg), 2 failed IUIs and now moving onto injectibles possibly in Jan. once I have my sinus issues (recurrent sinus infections/polyps) under control.

EastbayK Taking a break while still hoping and dreaming

Held - 39 years old, TTC #1 since 2005 (although no prevention since late 2002). Dealing with mild MFI (low motility) and unexplained. Currently taking a break. :

kristenok18. TTC#2 since 2004, taking a break.

lola88 - 37 years old (38 in December). TTC since October 2005. Finally got BFP in March '08 only to m/c at 9 weeks. Started first round of clomid 3 days ago, and starting first IUI in September.

lovebug - TTC#1 for over 3 years, but on a break while DH is in Iraq.

oregonduck - age 34 and DH, 31. TTC #1 since June 2007. Have done one Clomid cycle so far. Taking a break after m/c.

::: MIA :::
(These people did not post in November and will be removed if they don't post in December)

Curly Sue - age 27, dh is 30. TTC for 15 months with slight endometriosis, low count, poor morphology and motility. Starting IVF with ICSI.

future_mom2b - 24 and ttc for 2 years. Diagnosed with PCOS in January 2007. Trying with Clomid and Metformin.

hope4light - TTC since March 2006 with MFI and slightly low progesterone. Currently TTC with IVF with ICSI, cycle 1 round 1 and 2 canceled. Round 3 left me with a BFN.

jasminewb - TTC #1 since Oct 2005, IUI's 1-4, BFN! IVF #1, BFP-Chemical. IVF #2 Nov-Dec 08!

kparker - TTC with MFI after testicular cancer and radiation. The remaining testical has varicocele. Trying naturally for a few months before seeking treatment.

::: Graduates :::
(May everyone who passes through this thread find their way to this section)

Aly22681 TTC #1 since January 2007, 3 MCs. --> July 2008

Kiki99 TTC #1 since Apr 2007 (unexplained infertility) with DH. 1 unmedicated IUI - failed, 2 Clomid IUI's - failed and had my 4th IUI with injectables. --> July 2008

mischievium :TTC since February 2007 with MFI (antisperm antibodies) and possible mild congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Currently TTC with Clomid and IUI. --> July 2008

Jelly Bean TTC #2 since April 07. one unmedicated IUI, one month of just clomid, one month of clomid and 2 IUI's and this month we did injectibles and 2 IUI's. --> July 2008

Corikodjo 39, TTC since August of 2007,1 Chemical Pregnancy 11/07, on 2nd IUI --> August 2008

blueRhino TTC #1 since June 2007. TTC with Chinese herbs and acupuncture. --> September 2008

Voltige - TTC #2 since 7/07; Recently diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS but trying to conceive naturally for a few cycles post surgical laparoscopy --> October 2008

songbird45 - TTC #1 with PCOS since January 2007. Pregnant after 22 months and 4 medicated IUI cycles! --> October 2008

PLEASE let the threadkeeper know if there is anything you would like to add/ delete/ change from your synopsis above (including silly things like not liking the color your username is in) either by bolding the information you want changed/ updated in your post or by sending the threadkeeper a PM. And PLEASE check to make sure that the correct chart is linked to the chart icon in front of your username.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#2 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 11:53 AM

Poet - Sorry about the BFN, I was feeling good for you this month as it seemed everythign came into play like it should. Can't say more than it just plain sucks!

Natrualmom - A friend just got pregnant via donor sperm this month. Her and her hubby needed it for some medical reasons and it was a hard decision, but the best one and they are extremely happy. It can be okay.

I started triggers Saturday, so two days into triggers and I go tomorrow just for BW. Not sure when my schedule will be yet, but guessing maybe in two weeks. We shall see. I have been really good about not scheduling anything that could interfere, but with the schedule getting pushed back (we originally started this IVF cycle in August with the saline, then with the pregnancy, the miscarriage, drug overdose, and the follicle, it got pushed back so much). I have Jury Duty the 12th, DH work Xmas party the 12th, a party at our house the 13th. I am thinking I may end up missing all this. I totally can't remember the timing of the start of trigger and the ER/ET.

Carly, mama to DS C (5th grade), DD Miss M (07/09, fostered 1/10, adopted 08/10), and Little Miss C (11/10, fostered 01/11, adopted 11/12). Foster Son, Mr. A, age 11 placed 10/13.
My angel babies , ~01/08~ (twins), ~09/08~, and ~01/09~.

#3 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 01:12 PM

Libbylou, thanks for starting the new thread.

I'm one week into the two week wait, and am taking Crinone with no side effects except for the nice discharge. I was expecting to feel really horrible on the Crinone after all of the stories I've heard about progesterone side effects. I'm usually very sensitive to medications and get all the weird side effects they tell you are so rare that you'll never have to worry. Lucked out with the Crinone though!

How is everybody else in the 2ww holding up? Last month it got harder and harder the closer I got to the test date.
#4 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 01:25 PM

I got my first post mc af on Thanskgiving. Unfortunately, this screws up my schedule for ivf since I don't have a consult with the re until Thursday. Then it will be too late in the cycle for the hsg that they require after a miscarriage and before ivf. However, on the plus side, we're going to pray for a miracle ovulation this month with the dream that we could skip ivf altogether. Af arriving on its own is a miracle for me. This is the first time in the past 6 years that I've had a normal af.

Please move me to Trying to conceive and revise the description as such: Julia'sMom TTC#2 with PCOS. IVF #1 - July '08 - miscarried twins at 12 wks. Trying naturally until IVF in early '09.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#5 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 03:32 PM

Hi Everyone...I am very new here, just signed up. A lot of my google searches looking for stories like mine brought me here...it is nice knowing I am not alone. My DH and I have been TTC #1 for a year now. We did our second IUI this morning, but I am pretty worried since our count is half of what it was last month...and that obviously didn't end well. I have ovulation problems and my cycle was lasting between 33 and 53 days. We also struggle with MF fertility issues (low morphology). This was my fourth cycle of clomid (2nd IUI) and if this doesn't work we are going to try 1 more IUI before going IVF. And so the 2ww begins...:

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#6 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 04:57 PM

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to say that even though I don't post much I do follow the thread and am pulling for every one of you! It's sad we didn't have a graduate last month, unless there is someone who's not ready to tell yet!
I hope this month will be luckier.

I went for an u/s this morning and I've got two follicles on the right that are looking good. Does anyone else feel really uncomfortable during u/s? It feels like it pinches or something--not fun at all.

Anyway, the serophene has done its job. Now I have a trigger shot in the fridge but I need to go back tomorrow for another bloodtest (and DH had the nerve to comment on the cost but I ignored it--I don't want to tell him off right as I'm about to ovulate! lol). Hopefully they'll tell me to give myself the shot tomorrow. I am ready to do this. If this cycle doesn't work, we'll be skipping treatments the next cycle as DH and I will be on different continents. Then we'll be ready to jump back into it in the new year.

Thank you LibbyLou for being the threadkeeper again this month
#7 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 05:07 PM

LIBBYLOU- THANKS FOR STARTING THE DECEMBER THREAD. CAN YOU PLEASE ADD ME TO THE TRYING TO CONCEIVE LIST. WAITING FOR AF TO SEE IF CLOMID INDUCED CYST IS GONE AND HOPEFULLY GET READY FOR IUI #3. THANKS.

BELLYBEAN-WELCOME, HOPE YOUR STAY HERE IS A SHORT ONE. YOU FOUND A GREAT PLACE.

NATURALMOM-HOW R YOU AND DH DOING?

POETGIRL-SORRY ABOUT THE BFN. I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE TEMP THING. I SEE YOU SAY YOUR TEMP HAS BEEN UP. I'VE NEVER WATCHED MY TEMPS. WHEN ARE THEY SUPPOSE TO GO UP AND WHEN DO THEY GO DOWN.

NEEDLE IN THE HAY- I TOO AM UNCOMFORTABLE DURING U/S. ESPECIALLY CLOSER TO OVULATION. I GET SOME CRAMPING. WHAT US WOMEN GO THROUGH, MEN WILL NEVER KNOW.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#8 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 06:05 PM

Hi Momtoalexis, how long were you on clomid before getting a cyst? My doctor doesn't do any u/s so I always wonder how I would know if I got a cyst. Thanks for the kind words, I really really hope the 2ww ends well.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#9 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 08:00 PM

BellyBean-Welcome, I guess! Lets strive for a multiple graduated this month!

MOMTOALEXIS- Hanging in there; thanks for asking. Are you on BCP's to shrink your cyst? When are you rechecked? I am on BCP's until Dec 22nd, then hopefully we will induce ovulation soon after! It was hard for DH to sign the forms for the sperm bank. It was very difficult for him, but he did do it, and seems fine today, but you know how men are. It will probley bug him again when the time comes for the actual insemination. But he is a great father, so I'm not worried about his feelings toward the child after its born.

Needle- Good luck on your trigger. Are you able to give yourself the shot? I am an RN and still can't give myself the shots!! My nice friends have to at work. I get uncomfortable during U/S too!

Juliasmom- Praying for an ovulation for you!

DaisyMae- Glad you are tolerating Crinone. What was your sperm count with this last IUI? Did you not have many follies? How many days till your beta?

C'smom- WOW, what an emotional rollercoaster! Hoping this works out this month.

Libby- Thanks for the new thead!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#10 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 08:03 PM

Thanks LibbyLou for starting a new fresh thread. I can't believe its Dec already. Yikes, happily neighbors already put up their lovely xmas lights up now.

Welcome BellyBean. These ladies here are great!

Momtoalexis--I hope your cysts go away. I failed even before I even got started in treatments. Argh not fun.

Needle in the Hay--don't you feel like giving dh a shot in his but also. I hope this cycle works for you

Daisymae-- you have to tell me all about the crinone. I have a big box of it sitting on top of my refrig waiting for me to take once I am able to do an IUI.

Hello to everyone else here!!

How are you doing poet and natrualmom? Both of you are in my thoughts.

AFM- Hoping for my first clomid/IUI in Dec. I am on bcp to get rid of cysts on my left ovary. Hopefully they will be gone and I can get going.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#11 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 09:11 PM

Christophersmom- Thank you for the encouragment regarding donor sperm. All in all it is our best option.

Just started the Dec IUI's thread, I did add Bellybean and Wgt4Miracle. Hope this is OK.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#12 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 09:40 PM

Thanks for checking in LibbyLou. I am still here. I guess I didn't post on this thread in Nov...although I did post elsewhere. December will be IUI #8 for me. Can I modify my description and move me to trying to conceive?:

FayeO - Tired mama (age 34) to DD (1/03). TTC #2 since November 2005. Diagnosed with MFI (antisperm antibodies) this fall. Currently TTC with unmedicated IUIs. December will be IUI #8. Only one more after that and then it's time for a BIG decision about IVF.

Thank you and good luck to everyone.
Holiday BFPs would be great!
#13 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 10:37 PM

Naturalmom, thanks so much for adding me to the December IUI thread! This group is amazing, I feel so much better since I joined.

#14 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 10:55 PM

Naturalmom, sperm count was about 80mil both days, and 25mil post-wash both days. I had 7 follies. Everything looked really good. Crinone was for implantation help, etc. as a result of a suggestion my acupuncturist made.

wtg4, the crinone hasn't been bad at all. I do it at night right before bed. The only annoying thing is that it kind of builds up in there. Your body won't absorb everything, and what's left is kinda like cottage cheese. It sounds gross, I know, but it doesn't leak out or anything (at least for me). So it's not particularly messy. Just yucky when you try to clean some of it out.

Bellybean, welcome! Sorry you have to be here, but glad to have you around. We did our 2nd IUI about a week ago. 2ww time!
#15 of 268 Old 12-01-2008, 11:46 PM

DaisyMae, I really hope you get your BFP this month and our 2nd IUI's are both successfull!! Do you test early? 7 Follies seems really good, I don't think we have ever had more than 1. We had 48 million today after wash (last month we had 85 million). However, one of our problems is DH's morphology, and they don't check for that at our doctor during IUIs...so our actual good numbers are probably much less.

#16 of 268 Old 12-02-2008, 12:09 AM

Naturalmom-I'm not on BCP. RE says 99% of the time it will be gone on it's own. Waiting for AF to start and then I have to go back for u/s. AF should be here in a day or too, started spotting tonight. I def know how men could be, my DH barely wants to do any of this, he was hoping so much for it to happen naturally this month but of course not. He's already told me he won't adopt if it came down to it since he's been raising my daughter since she's 3 he feels he is a dad already. If cyst is gone I will be back on Clomid this month and do last IUI, and then onto IVF. Very frustrating, considering RE feels everything is fine with both of us.

Bellybean-I took Clomid 3 months. Not sure how u would know with no u/s. I had no pain or symptoms. Do you go for bloodwork often?

wtg4miracle-Thanks for thinking of me. I should know something by the end of this week. Hope this month looks up for u.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#17 of 268 Old 12-02-2008, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post
DaisyMae, I really hope you get your BFP this month and our 2nd IUI's are both successfull!! Do you test early? 7 Follies seems really good, I don't think we have ever had more than 1. We had 48 million today after wash (last month we had 85 million). However, one of our problems is DH's morphology, and they don't check for that at our doctor during IUIs...so our actual good numbers are probably much less.
Hi BellyBean, I don't test early. I can't stand seeing the BFNs on the home tests anymore, so I just wait for the beta. For me, that will be next Monday. We did our IUIs last Saturday and Sunday, but I didn't want to do the beta over the weekend. I'd much rather ruin a Monday if it's bad news.

Bummer about the morphology issue, because it sounds like he has great numbers. For each IUI they give us a score on a scale of 1 - 4 for DH's sperm. He's always a 3, which they say is the highest they pretty much see and means that they swim in a straight line and at a good pace. So I guess that's good. It's too bad they can't check morphology for you for the IUIs so you'd have some idea. But my RE says they look for at least 5 million post wash, so hopefully you have at least that many good ones in there!

As for the follies, I'm what they call a good responder. Last month I had 6, and thought they might cut me from 100mg Clomid to 50, but they didn't. So I had 7 this past time. We'll see. My fingers are crossed!
#18 of 268 Old 12-02-2008, 01:27 PM - Thread Starter

I think I got everyone's updates in. If I missed yours, I appologize in advance...just repost it in bold.

AFM, things are pretty quiet in my world. I was having a lot of anxiety about my diagnostic lap coming up in a couple of weeks, but I think I've worked through most of that. After 15 months of trying, we finally told my parents and DH's parents about our struggles. I felt really weird not telling them about the upcoming surgery. They were all so supportive, and it actually feels like it took some of the burden off of us. Its a nice feeling to not have to put on a brave face all the time for them anymore.

I've been having some weird pains in my right ovary the past couple of days. I don't know if its cyst-related or if its actually trying to ovulate. I'm not taking any Clomid or anything, so I wasn't expecting to ovulate before my lap.

How's everyone else doing? Good luck to all in the 2ww!

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#19 of 268 Old 12-02-2008, 01:32 PM

Sorry I haven't been around much. 2ww sucks!

We did get our numbers back from our IUI though:

Post wash:

count: 48 million

motility: 28% rapid, 44% slow Total motitility: 72%!!

morphology: 4% 4%!!!!!!! That is freaking awesome for us! We have never seen a number above 0-1%

All in all, good news for us. Now we are just waiting.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#20 of 268 Old 12-02-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMTOALEXIS View Post
NEEDLE IN THE HAY- I TOO AM UNCOMFORTABLE DURING U/S. ESPECIALLY CLOSER TO OVULATION. I GET SOME CRAMPING. WHAT US WOMEN GO THROUGH, MEN WILL NEVER KNOW.
Glad to know it's not just me (not that I want others to be uncomfortable!) I hope your cyst is gone. Best of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom
Needle- Good luck on your trigger. Are you able to give yourself the shot? I am an RN and still can't give myself the shots!! My nice friends have to at work. I get uncomfortable during U/S too!
I will find out tonight--it's my first one! I am a little nervous but I'm going to try to just do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle
Needle in the Hay--don't you feel like giving dh a shot in his but also. I hope this cycle works for you
Haha, yep, sure do! Thanks for the good wishes, I hope you get your miracle soon!

Bellybean, welcome!

I went in for a bloodtest this morning and my dr. called me later in the day to schedule the IUI on Thursday morning and to tell me to do the trigger shot tonight. So this will be our first IUI--it's kind of exciting, actually, after so much waiting.
#21 of 268 Old 12-02-2008, 08:13 PM

Howdy All!

I was making my decision last month after I posted my intro and we have decided to clear my tubes with a lap. The Dr will not call me a great candidate and wants me to go into the surgery knowing that it may not work requiring us to go the IVF route. Surgery will be in Jan.

As I stated in my intro, insurance covers the surgery. I feel like its a good route to take and I understand the risks, etc. I will let you all know when my surgery date is as I know I will have questions prior to.

I feel like I am in really good hands with my Dr and lucky that I have such a renowned one near-by.

~Heather, loving my DH and DS with my whole heart. Our newest addition DD July '10
#22 of 268 Old 12-02-2008, 08:13 PM

Daisymae08--lol cottage cheese. thanks for letting me know what I should expect. Yikes the things we do.

needle in the hay--gl with the iui. I am also a newbie to this IUI. So they are giving you 36 hrs from trigger shot to the IUI? I am learning as much as I can here. Did you give yourself the shot yet?

nummies--wow, that is great his morphs are better. This is good news. At least he is not getting worse and I think you have a great chance this month.

libbylou--gl with the lap and I know how its a relief to let others know what you are going through.

momtoalexis--I hope the next iui will be it for u. Its upsetting to see that someone has to do ivf when there is no big issues going on.

Bellybean--are you being seen by an RE or ob/gyn

hello to everyone here who I forgot. Its hard to keep up at times.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#23 of 268 Old 12-02-2008, 08:22 PM

Nummies- WOW! Great numbers! How many follies did you have?

#24 of 268 Old 12-02-2008, 10:41 PM

LIBBYLOU-I know exactly how u feel about the parent situation. We just told our parents in the last month after 15months also. I was so relieved to get it all out and they offered all there support and love and were crying so much. They had some idea since we've been married 2 1/2 and nothing still. But suprisingly they have never asked us through all these months when we r gonna have a baby, which helped a lot, I already hear it from evryone else who doesn't even know what we r going through. A lot of people have made some comments as if I were selfish cause I already have a daughter and DH has none. They think my daughter is 10 y/o and I just don't feel like starting over. As if they could only know. Just have to ignore I guess and continue with what we are doing. Thanks for updating me also.

Wtg- Thanks for thinking of me. I also hope this will be it, I'm glad we are both healthy but sometimes I wish they could find a problem so we could fix it. Sounds strange to think that way but I think about everything now a days.

Hello to everyone else. It's cold here in NY today:

#25 of 268 Old 12-02-2008, 10:56 PM

DaisyMae, wow, that is amazing you got 7 follies off of 100mg of clomid. They wont raise my dosage cause they stop once you are ovulating at my doctor...but the more follies the better! I really hope this is your month, sounds like everything was as good as it could be!

Sometimes I am really good at holding off on the testing, but last month after my IUI I really thought it was it so I started at 8dpo. I know, way too early. I haven't decided if I am going to continue my temperature charting for the remainder of the month because last month I started loosing sleep obsessing over what my temp would be in the morning. It was horrible, I was lucky to make it to 3:30 am.

Wtg4miracle, I go to an obgyn. If this IUI doesn't work we are going to start talking to a RE so we can start IVF next year (after the next IUI/#3). Our insurance covers 50% at our obgyn, but 0% if we go "outside" our network. It is so much more affordable to stay with the doctor, but I wish I had all the monitoring that RE's do.

#26 of 268 Old 12-02-2008, 11:03 PM

LibbyLou, could you please add me to the Trying to Conceive List? Thanks! and thanks for starting this tread for all of us!

TTC#1 - 1 year, ovulation and MF issues, 4 clomid cycles, last 2 with IUI

#27 of 268 Old 12-03-2008, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
needle in the hay--gl with the iui. I am also a newbie to this IUI. So they are giving you 36 hrs from trigger shot to the IUI? I am learning as much as I can here. Did you give yourself the shot yet?
Thanks!
My dr. said she likes to do the IUI 36 hrs after the trigger shot and from what I've read online, that seems to be typical, though some drs. do it a few hours earlier or later.
The shot went fine. I was a little nervous about giving myself a shot in the abdomen, but it was easy and didn't hurt a bit.
#28 of 268 Old 12-03-2008, 02:34 PM

Thanks wtg and naturalmom! I know I was so shocked! Now if I could just hold off from POASing...

needleinthehay- Glad your trigger shot wasn't that bad. When is your IUI?

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#29 of 268 Old 12-03-2008, 02:38 PM

10dpo for me (i think) my back is hurting, pretty sure AF should be here in 3 or 4 days. I was secretly hoping going off of everything would be the "trick" we needed. Just pretty much disgusted w/ everything in general right now. I have to work tonight and tomorrow night and then going to my mom's for the weekend. I love my family but they drive me crazy, I am sure I will be ready to come home by 8am on Saturday! My DH's friend has been visiting since Sunday, and I haven't even got to see DH for more than 10 minutes @ a time. His friend prolly thinks I am the biggest b*tch in the whole world. Just not having a very good week!!
#30 of 268 Old 12-03-2008, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-mommy View Post
10dpo for me (i think) my back is hurting, pretty sure AF should be here in 3 or 4 days. I was secretly hoping going off of everything would be the "trick" we needed. Just pretty much disgusted w/ everything in general right now. I have to work tonight and tomorrow night and then going to my mom's for the weekend. I love my family but they drive me crazy, I am sure I will be ready to come home by 8am on Saturday! My DH's friend has been visiting since Sunday, and I haven't even got to see DH for more than 10 minutes @ a time. His friend prolly thinks I am the biggest b*tch in the whole world. Just not having a very good week!!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page