December IUI's - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-10-2008, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
I do this (in the IF Cure, she talks about 'cold womb' in TCM)--after AF I put castor oil on my womb area and then a dry washcloth then heat over that and I have also done mayan abdominal massage strokes. If you send me your address, I'll mail you a copy of them!
Thanks Poetgirl, I'll do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 03:29 PM

Well...af showed. Grrrr...

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 12-10-2008, 03:58 PM

I had my IUI last Thursday and it went well. The procedure wasn't bad at all but I took it really easy that day as I did have some cramping. DS and I piled the couch with blankets and watched Christmas specials, like Charlie Brown, Frosty and Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol.

Now we are in the U.S. visiting my family. I was getting worried last week about the timing of the IUI and our trip, but luckily I was able to do it a few days before flying here. Anyway it's great being here with my family as it's easier to distract myself as I wait to know!

I'm so glad to see there have been two graduates already and am so sorry to hear that a couple ladies here did not have successful IUIs this month.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:03 PM

I am anxiously awaiting AF so that I can get on with the next cycle. I've been having AF type cramps on and off since yesterday, yet no sign of AF. What gives? Anyone else have that happen after taking progesterone?

Needle In The Hay, I'm glad you were able to make your trip and hope that you have IUI success this month!
Old 12-10-2008, 05:40 PM

Well, we are going to do another cycle this month. Doing Clomid this time. Hopefully it goes ok and hopefully I don't ovulate on the 25th because the clinic is closed. Eek. Talk about pressure. I go for an u/s tomorrow to make sure there are no cysts.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 12-10-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMae08 View Post
I am anxiously awaiting AF so that I can get on with the next cycle. I've been having AF type cramps on and off since yesterday, yet no sign of AF. What gives? Anyone else have that happen after taking progesterone?
Yes, me. It takes me up to 4 days to get AF after coming off prog. You may notice your periods are heavier too.

IUI tomorrow for me. Nurse assured me that if I began to surge on my own before trig shot, it would not effect anything, it all happened too close together. She also said when taking injectables you can have lots more fertile signs and much earlier than normal so hopefully that explains my high cp yesterday.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 12-11-2008, 12:39 AM

poetgirl, good luck tomorrow!! i will be thinking about you.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:57 AM

Daisymae, thank you for your kind wishes! I hope this next cycle is it for you

Poetgirl, best of luck on your IUI today!!!

Nummies, I'm really hoping that you won't O on Christmas! Hoping for no cysts too.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:56 PM

Poetgirl, I hope everything went well. Let us know when you get a chance.

Today is day 1 for me. I called to schedule a day 12 u/s, which is how they usually do it and it turns out I have to go in tomorrow for a day 2 baseline u/s and bloodwork. Sounds like that's pretty standard from what everyone here has said.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:25 PM

Hi everyone....
I'm a mother of a five year old ...and ive been trying to get pregnant for the past four years.....ive had 3 miscarriages and been going to fertility for the past two years with no success.....
ive just gone back to the clinic and for the first time went on injections and iui.

i am suppose to go back to the clinic on sunday for a pregnancy test....but im worried already it didnt work....
Ive been having pms symptoms. Can u still be pregnant if youre pmsing?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------:---------
Old 12-12-2008, 11:08 PM

Hi All
Officially 2WWing now. IUI was Thurs. morning and I think I O'd on Thursday afterward because temp was 97.3 Thurs. am and 98 today. Our count was about half of last time, low for us (I think dh felt bad) but not low in the scheme of things, 23 mil. I still don't know how many eggs I had or how big they were, but if they were viable this is our best timing.
I kind of broke down later last night...we were out with a big group of people and one end of the long table started talking about IF insensitively and the other half was cooing over baby pictures and stories and I was in the middle with my back to the wall, so I couldn't get out. I was still crampy from the IUI and I think I almost had a panic attack. Oh please let this have worked.

Daisy, I put that in the mail to you Wed. I think? Sorry about cd 1...I guess you have a whole few cycle to do all these nice things that hopefully build up that lining. CD2-3 bw and u/s is standard for me, btw. Blessings to you.

MamaJ, Yes you could still be preg. with pms symptoms since so many of the preg symptoms are the same. Good Luck.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 12-13-2008, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

i am suppose to go back to the clinic on sunday for a pregnancy test....but im worried already it didnt work....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------:---------[/QUOTE]

Often early pregnanct sx are PMS sx. How long are your luteal phase? Are you on progesterone? Let us know!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Old 12-13-2008, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Poet- You still have great sperm numbers. What is your grade of sperm. We are here for you this 2WW!!

Daisy- How did your U/S go? What drugs are you doing this cycle?

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Old 12-14-2008, 11:41 AM

Poetgirl, I got the things you sent in the mail yesterday. Thank you so much!

My u/s and bloodwork went well. Everything looked totally normal. My poor right arm is sick of being stuck with needles though. I think I'm going to have to switch to the left for a while. I've never had so much blood drawn in my life!

This month I will be doing Letrozole days 3 - 7, so starting tonight, then Ovidrel trigger. We'll do two days of IUIs and then I'll be on the progesterone again. Here's hoping my lining looks better on the Letrozole!!

mamajennie, let us know how your test goes. Fingers crossed for you!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajennie View Post
Hi everyone....
I'm a mother of a five year old ...and ive been trying to get pregnant for the past four years.....ive had 3 miscarriages and been going to fertility for the past two years with no success.....
ive just gone back to the clinic and for the first time went on injections and iui.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------:---------

Any news? I've been thinking about you and hope you're doing well.
Old 12-17-2008, 02:06 PM

I am going back to the clinic on Sunday to find out....
Im worried cause my food cravings have gone away but my breasts are still sensetive....
I'll keep u all in the loop!!
Old 12-17-2008, 02:09 PM

I'm so all over the place...I couldn't give u a staright answer...
I'm driving myself crazy...
I dont want to get bad news for xmas...I guess nobody does...
Old 12-17-2008, 03:20 PM

Oh gosh, I thought it was this past Sunday that you were going in. I misread that. I don't blame you for being all over the place. I would be too! And I totally understand about not wanting bad news for Christmas. It can certainly sour events that are supposed to be happy!
Old 12-17-2008, 05:00 PM

Tell me about...
How are you doing?
Old 12-17-2008, 05:11 PM

Just did IUI today. It went well, 3 follies and 10million swimmers. Prob gonna do another on Friday and then the dreaded 2ww.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

Old 12-17-2008, 06:57 PM

I'm taking Letrozole right now and will go in for my CD 12 ultrasound next Tuesday.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:29 PM

I'm 14dpo and my temperature hasn't dropped at all. Wouldn't it be funny if...

Okay now I just jynxed it.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:50 AM

Momtoalexis -- GL! Those sound like good numbers. Hopefully this will be the cycle.

Masel -- Wow, when are you going to POAS? Hopefully your temps will stay up.

I triggered tonight and will go in for IUIs tomorrow and Friday. DH was able to produce one vial that the clinic froze -- the clinic estimates about 3 million motile sperm can come from that. We're hoping the frozen guys mixed w/whatever he produces tomorrow will do the trick. It's getting a bit more expensive w/the freezing. Plus, we're emotionally drained, as I know most of you are as well.

Good night to all.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:29 PM

Oooh, Masel! I'm pulling for you. How does your temp look today?
Old 12-18-2008, 03:59 PM

Temp is still up. In my last 5 cycles was already well into spotting by this point. This includes last cycle when I started taking prometrium. I don't know if it is the progesterone keeping me warm and stopping the period or something else. In some ways I've been more relaxed than in other two week waits.
I surged on the 3rd, temp went up on the 4th and DH was welcomed home from his trip Friday afternoon so a grain of hope isn't completely crazy.
I hadn't planned to POAS. I don't think I have any. During the OPK phase I accidently opened the pregnancy test in my early morning fumbling. (I really had to go) I did that once before and the opened test didn't work. Maybe I'll wait until Christmas. (Yeah right!)
Old 12-18-2008, 05:19 PM

Sounds promising Masel!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:48 PM

Hi everyone...I'm back! Looks like I will actually be having 2 IUI's in the month of December (the 1st and the 30th). I am on CD4 with my fingers super crossed that this is it!

Good Luck Masel - sounds like this could be it!!!!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

Old 12-18-2008, 11:56 PM

Masel-Sounds so good for you, hope you get the Christmas gift you are dreaming of.

Eternal-Good Luck tom. I think you did IUI today, how did it go?

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

Old 12-19-2008, 11:11 AM

Good luck today Eternal, let us know how it went!!

I went to acupuncture yesterday, and my acupuncturist says that my body is much preferring the Letrozole (to the Clomid I was previously on). I had to agree with her. I'm not having any moodiness, depression, or vision trouble. I feel much more myself. She has a good feeling about this, so I hope she's right. Apparently my pulses are "gorgeous." Here's hoping my uterine lining is as well!
Old 12-19-2008, 12:08 PM

Good luck Masel!!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif

User Tag List