January IVF - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-02-2009, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Well, they called today to say that they are pushing out the ET to Tuesday, which is great news! Apparently a lot of them survived to three days old. They have prescribed Tranxene for me to take one hour before the ET, but it's optional. Anyone with any experience have anything to suggest about that? I hate to add even more drugs, but if it would help things, I would do it.
Hi Pookietooth, it's so encouraging to see successful stims and ERs! Congrats :
I've heard that the anti-anxiety meds not only help you relax during the ET, they also help relax the uterus. When they dilate the cervix to place the embies, it can cause uterine contractions. I cant say I'm an expert on this or anything, but that is what I understand about it. I'm going to have acupuncture to relax the uterus, but I will probably also take the meds so my mind is not too stressed. Hope that helps. GL, I know you'll do great

to all! I'm off to give my first stim shot of Bravelle!:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Well, they called today to say that they are pushing out the ET to Tuesday, which is great news! Apparently a lot of them survived to three days old. They have prescribed Tranxene for me to take one hour before the ET, but it's optional. Anyone with any experience have anything to suggest about that? I hate to add even more drugs, but if it would help things, I would do it.
Pookie, they gave me a valium that wasn't optional. They said it's more to relax my organs than my mental state. I took it exactly an hour before but didn't feel the mental effects until about an hour after the procedure, when I dozed off in the car. Not sure if it did anything for them internally....kinda doubt it.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
They have prescribed Tranxene for me to take one hour before the ET, but it's optional. Anyone with any experience have anything to suggest about that? I hate to add even more drugs, but if it would help things, I would do it.
They didn't suggest any drugs for my ET. The ET really wasn't more than a typical pap smear experience for me. Good luck!

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 02-03-2009, 02:07 AM

Hey girls, thought I'd give one last update before Jan IVF gets put to rest. So today I am HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY I had the paracentesis, aka drained, and am feeling like 1000 times better. They took out 4 liters of fluid, a little more than a gallon!!! It was so satisfying, let me tell you. I don't think I've ever been so happy. There's still quite a bit of fluid in there - I had gained a total of 22 lbs, and today's procedure removed 10 lbs, so I'm still up 12. But I can move and I have my life back

Why did they finally agree to do it? First of all, I have NO IDEA why they were so resistant about doing it. It was so simple and easy, and the relief is unmeasurable. This morning I woke up hearing popping sounds when I inhaled so I did some googling and sure enough, fluid in the lungs. This is the determining factor my doctors have been waiting for, in order to give me this drain. Why we had to wait for this I have no clue. I hope they use me as a study so the next person doesn't suffer so long.

So I called the doc, she had me check into the ER, they did a full ultrasound including the lungs, and then I got my drain. I was there for 6 hours today, but the procedure itself took about 30 min. The doctor ultrasounded me for awhile to find the biggest pocket of fluid she could, sterilized the area, pricked me with a teeny tiny Lidocaine needle, poked in the drain needle (didn't look at it, uncomfortable pressure for about 4 seconds) which got replaced with a flimsy catheter thing (as to not risk piercing any organs) and the fluid came gushing out full force. Such a relief, best feeling EVER

Other good news - the ultrasound technologist found a "probable gestational sac", which is what they must call it at this early stage. I'm only 5 weeks today. She said it's in a good location. And my HCG today was 2411 (21 DPR). Today, after the drain, seems to be the first time I've let myself be happy about it. Only happy positive vibes from now on.

Thank you everyone for all your support and sympathies. This was truly the most difficult thing I've ever had to go through and you guys were really there for me
Old 02-03-2009, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

wow jazcat, that is quite a story! i still can't belive this happened to you. i am so glad you are feeling much better. and congratulations on the pregnancy!!!

::::
Old 02-03-2009, 02:13 PM

That is such great news jazcat! I am so glad it's worked out for you! :::::::::
::::::

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 02-03-2009, 08:49 PM

Jaz - so glad you're feeling better and have good beta's! Congrats and now you can finally enjoy it! That's great that you already saw the U/S. I have to wait another week still. I have not received a due date yet - i guess they wait til they see the heartbeat. But I looked it up on an online calculator and it said Oct. 3rd. Are you the 6th?

Snow - good luck with your b/w in the next couple days! :

Pookie - I hope ET goes well today!

MTA - when do you POAS or get your B/W done? good luck to you too!

Is everyone else on the Feb. IVF thread then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazcat View Post
Thanks Joy. What a great site. I'm trying to let go of the anger right now and feel more positive about the pregnancy. How are you feeling? We should have about the same due date I think.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:21 PM

I'm going with October 8th for now. My doctors will probably say October 5th. October 8 is based on the Mittendorf-Williams calculation, the docs typically use Naegle's calculation or ultrasound measuring. Yes, it's true, I'm a due date nerd
Old 02-03-2009, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Joy and Jaz, October babies are my favorite! I have always wanted an October baby...I am crossing my fingers that I get one!

Yogi, how was you u/s? How many are you cookin' - 1 or 2?
Old 02-04-2009, 03:34 AM

Well, they transferred three embryos today. All 11 made it to day five, so they will be freezing the other 8, although the ones they transferred were the best quality. I hope at least one sticks!

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Old 02-04-2009, 03:32 PM

Pookie - congrats! that sounds very promising. : for your 2WW!

Snow - so when will you find out? fingers crossed!

Jaz - wow, I never heard of any of those due date methods. I never got past IF tx to be able to geek out on the rest of it Do you have a second U/S scheduled?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:34 AM

Joy, No, I don't. I know I'm supposed to go back to my IVF doctor for the next u/s, but I really don't want to because they are over an hour away. So I'm kinda hoping they don't call me soon and then I'll make an appt locally with a regular ob, who took care of me at the hospital here. How about you? Should be seeing a heartbeat in about 1.5-2 weeks!

Here's a couple of calculators:
mittendorf - http://www.dateoflife.com/prod02.htm (this works backwards so plug in birthdays till you get your conception date)

http://www.ivf.ca/duedate.php
Old 02-05-2009, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Well, they transferred three embryos today. All 11 made it to day five, so they will be freezing the other 8, although the ones they transferred were the best quality. I hope at least one sticks!
That is really amazing that all made it to day 5!!! Really amazing!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

After 22 months of TTC I received my first BFP today! The nurse said my hcg was 454. I feel very relieved and happy right now. Thank you all for being so supportive on this tough journey.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:15 AM

YAY SNOWBELL!!!!! Congratulations!!!! That is a great number too. Check out this page if you haven't seen it - http://www.squidoo.com/16dpo#module4162806
Old 02-05-2009, 12:36 PM

: : SNOWBELL : :
I'm sitting here crying with joy for you. And, Wow, 454 is a great number!

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 02-05-2009, 12:47 PM

::::::

CONGRATULATIONS SNOWBELL!

::::

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 02-05-2009, 05:00 PM

Snowbell - that's amazing!!! Congrats! What a number!!!! how many did you transfer??? What day was your b/w done?
:::
Old 02-05-2009, 05:23 PM

Jaz - I know what you mean about going to your own doc. I just want to graduate from my clinic, get my due date, and go to a regular obgyn! But they might keep me at my clinic until the 8 week u/s.
Those calc's are confusing! but thanks for the links. One gave me Oct. 3rd and the other Oct. 10th.
That link on beta's is interesting too. I never saw those correlations before.

So are all you Jan. BPF's going over to the Oct. 09 DDC? I won't be going over until I have my u/s and see the heartbeat and finally get my due date. It'd be great to keep in touch through the pregnancies!

Quote:
Joy, No, I don't. I know I'm supposed to go back to my IVF doctor for the next u/s, but I really don't want to because they are over an hour away. So I'm kinda hoping they don't call me soon and then I'll make an appt locally with a regular ob, who took care of me at the hospital here. How about you? Should be seeing a heartbeat in about 1.5-2 weeks!

Here's a couple of calculators:
mittendorf - http://www.dateoflife.com/prod02.htm (this works backwards so plug in birthdays till you get your conception date)

http://www.ivf.ca/duedate.php
Old 02-05-2009, 05:30 PM

So, I might be missing something, but I think all of us who did the actual IVF ER/ET (or IUI as fate may have had it) during January got BFP's!? Yogi, Jaz, Snow & myself. MomToAlexis is kind of spanning Jan/Feb. I think.
Am I missing anyone who did ET in Jan?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:42 PM

Joy, that's why I like the Mittendorf better, especially for first-time mothers. I think it's more realistic. For example, with my son, my doctor gave me a due date of July 16. So when July 16th rolled around and no baby, this panic started to settle in, since I was "overdue". But I wasn't overdue at all. The Mittendorf calculator gave me a due date of July 23, and my son was born on July 23rd. I bet if doctors used this calculator, there would be a lot fewer inductions, a lot less anxiety.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyakshi View Post
So, I might be missing something, but I think all of us who did the actual IVF ER/ET (or IUI as fate may have had it) during January got BFP's!? Yogi, Jaz, Snow & myself. MomToAlexis is kind of spanning Jan/Feb. I think.
Am I missing anyone who did ET in Jan?
What about Christophersmom? Was she in Jan or Dec? Regardless, that's a great reminder of how successful this can be! I just hope the February group has the same success.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 02-05-2009, 08:40 PM

Hi ladies...

Just checking in to offer a HUGE congratulations to Joy, Jaz, and Snow! :::

I'm still stalking you all and hoping for BFPs for all ASAP!

PS - Jaz - I was the other mom who had a poor response with IVF and my RE converted to IUI and got a BFP on 12/3. I'm now 12.5 weeks along with a healthy singleton...

Leah...wife to Colin, mommy to Liam 3/19/05 and Molly 8/18/09 :
Old 02-05-2009, 10:40 PM

Jaz - I'm making up my own lunar due date calculation
I conceived on the full moon Jan. 10-11th, and Oct. 4th is 9 full moons later (the 10th full moon of the year), and I was born the day before a full moon (and therefore am most fertile at the full moon), so I'll stick with the Oct. 3rd-4th full moon due date! Especially since babies tend to come at the full moon. But I certainly won't freak out if I'm a week or two late.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:57 PM

:::Congratulations snowbell!!!!::::

I love the trend you ladies are setting for us February IVF'ers!!!!!!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

Old 02-05-2009, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for all of your congrats. I feel very lucky to have had MDC throughout all of this.

Joy, my hcg was 16dpo or 13dp3dt. We transferred 2 embryos. My u/s will be between Feb 19th - 23rd. My own estimation for my due date is Oct. 12th. I am going to wait to join any Due Date Clubs until I've had my u/s. Hearing that first heartbeat will be very reassuring.

I hope everyone is feeling good!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
YAY SNOWBELL!!!!! Congratulations!!!! That is a great number too. Check out this page if you haven't seen it - http://www.squidoo.com/16dpo#module4162806

Thanks Jaz for the link. It makes me feel positive about a happy and healthy 9 months. If I am pregnant with twins does that mean each individual hcg would be 227?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:15 AM

snowbell, I don't know, I've never thought about it that way. Have you seen the link that Joy passed on a few days ago - http://www.betabase.info/index.php. According to their records, looks like twins is more likely for you. But ya never know.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:56 PM

Snow - sounds like our betas are similar - I was 338 at 14 dpo, 927 at 17 dpo and then 2035 at 19 dpo. So I was probably around 800 at 16 dpo. I wonder the same thing about dividing the numbers if there are twins. I'll have my U/S on Tuesday, so I'll know then. But I have read that you can have really high beta's with a single baby, and low betas for twins, and vice versa of course. you just never can tell til the u/s. I can't wait til Tuesday!
but since you transferred 2, there might be 2 in there
do you have to do the series of betas or just the one?
well, congrats again and good luck to Feb. IVF'ers.

I wonder if Yogini has twins or a single. has anyone heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbell View Post
Thanks Jaz for the link. It makes me feel positive about a happy and healthy 9 months. If I am pregnant with twins does that mean each individual hcg would be 227?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

hi joy, i went in for my 2nd beta (18dpo) this morning. my third beta will not be until tuesday because my dh and i are taking a last minute vacation. that will be really exciting to find out if you are having twins! have you been able to relax between 3rd beta and u/s? i hope that i am able to relax until the u/s. i didn't do any breathing exercises during IVF but i now feel a little more anxious, so i started doing them last night. i fell asleep during it but i felt so relaxed when it was over.

i haven't heard from yogi but hopefully she posts soon.

User Tag List