January IVF - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 422 Old 01-05-2009, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i meant my POAS addiction in the last post! I'm in bed on my iPhone( which messes with your words sometimes) because my Internet doesn't work in my bed. Sorry!
#182 of 422 Old 01-06-2009, 12:56 AM

Thanks to all of you for your sympathy and suggestions. They are VERY helpful. I have decided to be happy because mainly, the doctor I saw today is the one I got rid of, but my new RE was off today so I was forced to see the old one. I don't like her and I think her poor bedside manner and unskilled U/S abilities greatly affected my perception of the day 6 check. She couldn't really tell if there were maybe 2 follies on the left, so she just said no, only 3 on the right. She should have just said, well, you have 3 so far and I'm sure more will show up by Wed. But she always has to focus on the negative.
Besides, this is the first time I've had more than one follie even on letrozole and follistim for IUI. So I think 3 is great.
My E2 was 242 today. Does anyone know if that's okay?
It's really good to hear that more follies can show up later. I am focusing on that chance, praying for 5 on Wed. The bad doc didn't really emphasize that possibility.

Jazzcat - how did your U/S go?

Yogini - congrats on your ET!!! Enjoy your bedrest!
#183 of 422 Old 01-06-2009, 01:32 AM

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can read those u/s's! Isn't it crazy? My doc just breezes all around counting the numbers and I'm like "didn't you count that one already??" But how could she maybe see 2 follicles and then say no? That's weird. I hope Wednesday brings good news and a happier doctor for you

I thought my u/s went well, but of course now I'm dwelling on the bad. She found 25 follicles. She said it was good, but she lowered my medication and now I'm concerned about overstimulation and egg quality. I'm reading stories where women said when they retrieved a lot, the quality was not as good and they ended up with very few mature eggs. So now she's hoping with the lower dose, the smaller follicles will catch up with the bigger ones and everything will slow down a bit. We shall see. Start Cetrocide tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyakshi View Post
Thanks to all of you for your sympathy and suggestions. They are VERY helpful. I have decided to be happy because mainly, the doctor I saw today is the one I got rid of, but my new RE was off today so I was forced to see the old one. I don't like her and I think her poor bedside manner and unskilled U/S abilities greatly affected my perception of the day 6 check. She couldn't really tell if there were maybe 2 follies on the left, so she just said no, only 3 on the right. She should have just said, well, you have 3 so far and I'm sure more will show up by Wed. But she always has to focus on the negative.
Besides, this is the first time I've had more than one follie even on letrozole and follistim for IUI. So I think 3 is great.
My E2 was 242 today. Does anyone know if that's okay?
It's really good to hear that more follies can show up later. I am focusing on that chance, praying for 5 on Wed. The bad doc didn't really emphasize that possibility.

Jazzcat - how did your U/S go?

Yogini - congrats on your ET!!! Enjoy your bedrest!
#184 of 422 Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 AM

Jazzcat - congrats on all the follies. don't worry! with that many you will have enough mature ones. what is cetrocide?

see, I can never understand how they can even see the whole ovary. Can the US machine really see the tops of them?

I am debating if I would cancel and do an antagonist cycle with no lupron or lower lupron dose. But I am worried about having a dominant follicle as I have had an 8mm follie on day 2 on a natural cycle before. I'm also worried about premature ovulation b/c I ovulate between day 10-12. I stimulate fast and easy on my own, that's why they decided to go with Lupron. Without Lupron, I could have more follies but I could have a dominant that ovulates too early.
I'm kind of thinking that I have 3 good even sized follies now (12 mm average), and maybe more on Wed. Quality is more important, and as you mentioned, even if you get a ton of eggs, you're still going to worry about something
So I can worry about quantity and you can worry about quality, and let's both get pregnant!!!
At least I'll know more on Wed.
#185 of 422 Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoginimama127 View Post

Well, transfer was today, was super easy like a pap. We had just two that made it to the 5 day transfer today...doc said both looked good and procedure went well. RE told me both were grade A, which I've heard is subjective amongst diff clinics, but I'm happy nonetheless. Been in bed all day watching movies and eating....and the 2ww begins! ( although I think my load addiction may start this weekend!)

Thanks to all of you for your support and well wishes! Best of luck to all...
Glad the transfer went easy and 2 grade A embryos....yay! Major looking forward now for you. Gosh, this is going to be the longest 2WW ever!

Anyone know the earliest POAS day where the drugs won't give you a false positive?
#186 of 422 Old 01-06-2009, 02:09 AM

I think Cetrocide does what Lupron does. I'm on strict instructions to take in the early morning, not one minute more than 24 hours after the last dose. Her face said "I am not kidding, don't mess with this!". Obey, I shall.

Wow, 8mm on day 2....that does seem fast. I don't think I've ever been measured that early, but in my natural cycles, I ovulate pretty regularly around CD14. I don't know much about the drugs and protocols. I wonder if you could find others with similar cycles to yours to see what they're doing. Fertile Thoughts has a large IVF board.

Yes, let's get pregnant!!!

Quote:
Jazzcat - congrats on all the follies. don't worry! with that many you will have enough mature ones. what is cetrocide?

see, I can never understand how they can even see the whole ovary. Can the US machine really see the tops of them?

I am debating if I would cancel and do an antagonist cycle with no lupron or lower lupron dose. But I am worried about having a dominant follicle as I have had an 8mm follie on day 2 on a natural cycle before. I'm also worried about premature ovulation b/c I ovulate between day 10-12. I stimulate fast and easy on my own, that's why they decided to go with Lupron. Without Lupron, I could have more follies but I could have a dominant that ovulates too early.
I'm kind of thinking that I have 3 good even sized follies now (12 mm average), and maybe more on Wed. Quality is more important, and as you mentioned, even if you get a ton of eggs, you're still going to worry about something
So I can worry about quantity and you can worry about quality, and let's both get pregnant!!!
At least I'll know more on Wed.
#187 of 422 Old 01-06-2009, 03:38 PM

YOGI-:Congrats on the ET. Rest and treat yourself good for the 2ww.

AFM-So we took IVF-101 today which was so overwhelming, DH almost passed out at all the numbers. Our insurance covers somewhat of IVF but not all so we're not sure how much we have to pay out of pocket yet. Good news is we are covered up to 3 cycles. So my plan is BCP till the 14th and Follistim starting hopefully the 19th, Also taking Ganinelix,Luveris,HCG,and the PIO. Not sure of course about the dates but will go back the 19th for a suppression check. The nurse said most people tell her the worst part was this class because they give so much info and you don't know what to expect. Just trying to go with the flow right now.:

Joy-Good Luck tom.

Jazz-Sounds good to me, you know what they say, the more the merrier so try and think that way.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#188 of 422 Old 01-06-2009, 04:30 PM

they say not to test until 14 dpET, but when I did HCG trigger with IUI, I tested when I didn't feel the HcG anymore just to see if still showed up at 4 dpiui, and it was neg.
So, who knows! who knows with any of this stuff huh?
you all like gambling? my IVF coordinator actually asked me that! and it really feels accurate. I am surrendering to the universe and trusting in the bigger picture which I cannot see yet. Get my ego and agenda out of the way and let things flow the way they're supposed to. all these hurdles may actually be blessings for some unknown reason and I'm not going to fight them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazcat View Post
Glad the transfer went easy and 2 grade A embryos....yay! Major looking forward now for you. Gosh, this is going to be the longest 2WW ever!

Anyone know the earliest POAS day where the drugs won't give you a false positive?
#189 of 422 Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 PM

Hi Everyone!

So I had my IVF consult today and I am super excited! I think the doc thought it was a little extreme to go IVF so soon, but he kept saying "it is a elective procedure".

I am 5-6 dpo today so if I start my period next week I will start BCP right away and call to have them order my meds. I haven't heard of it before, but the clinic does IVF in groups every other month. This will be perfectly timed for us to join the mid February group. They do this for efficiency reasons and it has helped them keep their costs lower than other clinics in the area. If my cycle ended any later we would have to wait till the April group or go to another clinic!

Here is my tenative plan:
AF and BCP - 1/13
Lupron - 1/23
Gonal - 2/1
ER - 2/15 - 2/19

Does that sound about right to others?

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#190 of 422 Old 01-06-2009, 09:04 PM

BELLYBEAN- We also had our consult today but it's more of a class with us and three other couples. No Lupron for me, I'm on BCP now and will prob start Follistim the 19th. Then about 3 days later will be Luveris and Ganinelix,the a trigger HCG 36 hours prior to ER. Seems similar but I think each clinic does a lil something different by the way reading all these posts sound.We also are going straight to IVF from only 3 Clomis IUI cycles as per the RE request due to our risk for 4 plus babies with injections and IUI due to my age (31) and large egg reserve. I was a bit shocked but I now realize it's the best thing, def do not want unhealthy babies after all of this. Just saw a Baby Story yesterday and they had quadruplets from taking Follistim and IUI, and the 4th baby was still in NICU after 3 months. Now I realize what the RE means. Good Luck, hopefully we are close to our IVF miracles.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#191 of 422 Old 01-07-2009, 02:03 PM

I have my consult today, where they go over the $$ aspects. Our insurance covers very little -- mostly stuff they can pass off as unrelated to fertility. Burns me that the insurance is so stingy. I got my shipment of drugs yesterday, and was blown away about how many there are, and how many needles they gave me. I sure hope this works, I wouldn't want to do it again (and dh does not want to pay for it again). Sigh.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#192 of 422 Old 01-07-2009, 05:14 PM

It looks like a lot of us are just starting out. I'm going to start a new "Feb IVF" thread for those with retrievals and transfers in Feb. Anyone care to join me? I'll still follow this thread, but it's getting a bit overwhelming for me as all of you ladies are quite talkative.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#193 of 422 Old 01-07-2009, 05:38 PM

I'm converted to IUI for this cycle. Still just the 3 follies today. But they are 14, 16 & 17mm, so they say it's a great response for an IUI cycle. I'll have my IUI on Friday morning. Trigger tomorrow morning.

Does anyone know if you're supposed to take Lupron with the trigger? or no Lupron day of trigger?

also, they say no PIO after IUI (even though I've been on Lupron) because I'll still have my corpus luteums to make progesterone. Does that sounds right? Anyone do PIO after IUI on a Lupron/injectible cycle?

Fingers crossed for this IUI. Otherwise, I may be joining the Feb. IVF thread.
Good luck everyone!
#194 of 422 Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 PM

Joy - Id say no lupron with trigger, since they do opposite things (lupron prevents ovulation, trigger shot causes it). Better to double check with your RE though.

Good luck - three big follies for an IUI is awesome!

S
#195 of 422 Old 01-07-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
I'm converted to IUI for this cycle. Still just the 3 follies today. But they are 14, 16 & 17mm, so they say it's a great response for an IUI cycle. I'll have my IUI on Friday morning. Trigger tomorrow morning.

Does anyone know if you're supposed to take Lupron with the trigger? or no Lupron day of trigger?

also, they say no PIO after IUI (even though I've been on Lupron) because I'll still have my corpus luteums to make progesterone. Does that sounds right? Anyone do PIO after IUI on a Lupron/injectible cycle?

Fingers crossed for this IUI. Otherwise, I may be joining the Feb. IVF thread.
Good luck everyone!
I'm sorry the IVF didn't work out this cycle. I don't know about the Lupron, but what about other drugs to enhance implantation? I'll be on Medrol, asprin, and PIO. The Medrol is a steroid to help your body from rejecting the embryo. It occurred to me today that perhaps we didn't need to go through the whole IVF thing as it is more clear now that making ok eggs is probably not our issue. I still think it is implantation. In that case, maybe if we just did a natural cycle with the Medrol, Asprin and PIO, I would have gotten pregnant. So I wonder why they don't prescribe these meds for IUI's. Or even natural cycles + "implantation meds". Hope that makes sense.
#196 of 422 Old 01-08-2009, 12:14 AM - Thread Starter

joy, three nice follies is great!! i will be rooting for you. please keep us posted here!

jazcat, when's your ER? on the 11th?

yogi, how was your last day at home? how are you feeling?

kristinamarie, how are you doing? how are the PIO shots going?

is anyone giving the PIO shots to themself?

how is everyone doing emotionally? right now i am feeling happy and peaceful about it all but i wonder if that is just denial about what is to come????

i hope everyone is doing well.
#197 of 422 Old 01-08-2009, 12:48 AM

JOY-Sorry about the cancelled IVF cycle, but those follies do sound great for an IUI. I will be rooting for you.

JULIAS MOM-Feb. thread would be great. I should be doing ER the firsy week of Feb. Trying to catch up with this one since I came in late. Let us know when u put it up.

#198 of 422 Old 01-08-2009, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbell View Post

jazcat, when's your ER? on the 11th?

how is everyone doing emotionally? right now i am feeling happy and peaceful about it all but i wonder if that is just denial about what is to come????
ER will be either the 12th or 13th. More likely the 12th I think. The follicles measured 12-14 today and she lowered my Follistim again.

Came across this tonight re: PIO shots. I'm feeling much better about PIO. http://www3.fertilethoughts.com/foru...d.php?t=140004

That's wonderful that you're feeling happy and peaceful about it. When do you start? I'm still not 100% at peace with the whole thing, but I'm over the injection fear....at least the subcutaneaous injections At this point I would describe my emotional state as OBSESSIVE.
#199 of 422 Old 01-08-2009, 12:57 PM

Joy - I too am sorry about the cancellation of the ivf. However, it would be great if you get pg without having to go thru ER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazcat View Post
I'm sorry the IVF didn't work out this cycle. I don't know about the Lupron, but what about other drugs to enhance implantation? I'll be on Medrol, asprin, and PIO. The Medrol is a steroid to help your body from rejecting the embryo. It occurred to me today that perhaps we didn't need to go through the whole IVF thing as it is more clear now that making ok eggs is probably not our issue. I still think it is implantation. In that case, maybe if we just did a natural cycle with the Medrol, Asprin and PIO, I would have gotten pregnant. So I wonder why they don't prescribe these meds for IUI's. Or even natural cycles + "implantation meds". Hope that makes sense.
Jazcat - I could be off here, but I think those drugs are needed for ivf to help compensate for the procedures. You can be tested for progesterone when doing IUI to determine if you need it. Most RE's will prescribe it if your levels are low. However, I know the PIO is needed specifically due to ivf. When the follies are aspirated, they take the adjacent cells too. Those cells typically would have signaled the body to produce the progesterone. Without them, the body won't. As for the Medrol, I think that's needed because the embryo comes from outside, the lab. If the egg/embryo was always in your body, you wouldn't have such a risk of rejection. As for aspirin, what I've heard is that that is not always proven to be helpful, but is suggested by some clinics. Back in 2005 they had me on an asprin regimen. In 2008, I was told it was no longer needed and thus don't use it.

Quote:
Raises hand. Following advice and encouragement from LisaG, I did give myself some of the PIO shots. My dh just wasn't around all the time to do them, and actually, sometimes it hurt less when I did it, then him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMTOALEXIS View Post
JULIAS MOM-Feb. thread would be great. I should be doing ER the firsy week of Feb. Trying to catch up with this one since I came in late. Let us know when u put it up.
It's up there, so come on over!

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#200 of 422 Old 01-08-2009, 01:52 PM

I will sort of be straddling Jan and Feb, as my retrieval will be on the 30 but the transfer will be in Feb. Hm...

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#201 of 422 Old 01-08-2009, 02:40 PM

POOKIE-I think we are on the exact cycle , so i'm gonna head over to february also, not sure if i could follow both but i will try

#202 of 422 Old 01-08-2009, 04:39 PM

Snowbell - when do you start your IVF cycle?

Jazcat-keep us posted about your ET. I'm still lurking here although I'm out of IVf this time.

Quote:
I have been really meditating to just allow what the universe has to offer me right now, and to accept what is really happening as opposed to what is in my head and agenda. I think with IVF there is so much to do, and going on, and so many hurdles to accomplish, it's good to try to roll with it.

I'm excited for my IUI, but also I have done 3 before, never with more than one follie, so on one hand I was looking forward to doing something differently this time and I feel kind of like back to square one, but not really.
It would be great to be surprised and have this one work!
This time at least I am not going to worry about any details. Unless they make me, I'm not doing a scan or labs tomorrow. So I won't really know how big they all are, or what my E2 is (it was 402 yesterday). I took Lupron with HcG this morning, and I'm glad that I won't have premature OV, but I am trying to just let the timing of IUI & OV happen naturally and trust that it'll work out. I hope I OV tomorrow, but I don't know how long it takes to OV after the Lupron wears off. So, I am kind of just taking the path of least resistance now and now getting too much info to obsess about. I will hope for a surprise later this month!
#203 of 422 Old 01-08-2009, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Snowbell - when do you start your IVF cycle?

this morning i had my baseline u/s. everything looked good: the uterine lining was thin and 18 follicles seen. as long as my estradiol comes back looking good than i am able to start stims tomorrow night. we also signed all of the consent forms...lots of paperwork!

the dr. performend a "trial transfer" today. she used the same type of catheter (i think that's what it's called) that will be used at the real transfer. they did this to see how my cervix and uterus are shaped, so when they do the real transer they will place the embryo as close to my uterus as possible without touching it. the catheter they used is great. it's so much softer and thinner than an iui one! so, i feel prepared for the transfer now! one less thing to worry about.

i hope everyone is doing well!
#204 of 422 Old 01-08-2009, 08:20 PM

hi ladies...hope everyone is doing well out there...

quick question...my transfer was monday and i felt cramps today. ive been feeling super positive about the transfer and really trying to accept what the universe is offering us...but....today i started thinking bad things I dont want to think. i just got back from my accu. and im feeling better now but earlier today (i did have a stressful day at work, 2 big meetings I had to run that I wasnt super prepared for) I was def feeling crampy down low, like in my uterus.

Has anyone ever had this happen and been preg? My nurse at the clinic told me not to worry b/c its prob my ovaries from all the stimming meds...but I dont think thats it, I havent been on stimming meds since 12/28...

any advice is a Godsend at this point!
#205 of 422 Old 01-08-2009, 09:29 PM

yogi ~ i had cramps before my bfp in september. it was about a week after my 5dt. they felt JUST like regular af cramps, i was 100% sure the cycle was a bust. (it wasnt)

dont give up! wishing you lots of luck!

s.
#206 of 422 Old 01-08-2009, 10:00 PM

Julia'sMom ~ Thank you for all the great info on the drugs. Do you happen to know if there is a treatment to address just implantation issues? I feel like there should be. Seems like such a big jump from IUI to IVF, ya know?

Yogi ~ I've read my share of message boards and have come across many who had cramps post-transfer or post O only to find out they were pregnant. I wouldn't worry. Of course if it gets bad, call your dr.

Snowbell ~ Very exciting that things are getting started for you!

Joy ~ Please do stay with us and keep us updated. Is your IUI tomorrow?

AFM, I can feel my ovaries pretty much all the time now, tho I wouldn't say it's painful. I've been borderline nauseous off and on which I hope is not a sign of overstimulation. Anyone know? Tomorrow is my last follicle check before retrieval. I hope she can tell me we're definitely doing it Monday so I know exactly how many more meds I need and can get them tomorrow.
#207 of 422 Old 01-09-2009, 01:08 AM

Yogini- don't think negative thoughts! cramps are common in early pregnancy.

Snowbell - good luck on your day 1!

Jaz - do you know when your ER is?

AFM - (what does that mean exactly?)
I am trying not to worry, but I felt a sharp pain for a split second around 4 this afternoon on my ovary, and since then I feel nothing, and I've been feeling a dull to moderate sensation on my ovary non-stop for a few days. With 3 follies, I would hope I'd feel more than 1 quick sharp pain if I OV'd early. I usually feel natural OV with one follie for 2-6 hours. But now - there's no sensation except a fullness. I hope I've got follies left for the IUI in the morning. Maybe I will ask for a scan. Shouldn't the Lupron (5 IU's) prevent premature OV even with a trigger shot?
The HcG made me so tired today. Worse than the follistim fatigue and dizziness.
#208 of 422 Old 01-10-2009, 02:31 AM

Hey Joy, I'm not sure about Lupron, but if it's like Cetrotide, I think it's pretty hard core - the doctors depend on it, ya know? How did your IUI go? I guess the waiting game begins for you!

I had my last follicle scan today and everything looks good. Retrieval is Monday. I'm kinda nervous but probably more anxious. I just want Monday to be here now and get it over with. Oh, doc says nauseous is from the estrogen.

Does anyone know, is Monday going to be a sluggish, take it easy off the feet kind of day? Or sleep away most of the day day?
#209 of 422 Old 01-10-2009, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

joy, how was the IUI? i hope things are going well. (also, AFM means "as for me")

yogi, don't worry about the cramping. it could be a good sign!

jazcat, yay for ER Monday! that is very exciting. have you made any decisions about SET or DET? we are still debating.

Last night I gave myself my first stim. i used a very thin needle - 30g rather than a 27g. i don't think i will do that again! it takes longer to inject the meds and left a huge bruise. also, when i took the needle out there was blood inside the needle. i remembered them saying that is bad when doing PIO shots but i got a little nervous even though it was only a subcutaneous shot. so i called the advice nurse and she told me it was fine to see blood in the needle when doing subcutaneous injections. she told me there is no way the meds would get in my bloodstream. so, anyway the first night wasn't drama free but not too bad!
#210 of 422 Old 01-10-2009, 03:51 PM

Snow - Congrats on your first injection. I still have bruises all over my belly - look like some kind of junkie Hope it gets easier.

Jaz - good luck Monday. I haven't had ER but with sedation and the possible pain & painkillers, I would plan to be in bed the rest of the day.

AFM - IUI went well in the end. The first nurse who is new couldn't get the catheter in and she hurt me. So the regular nurse came in and I didn't feel a thing! We had 27 m sperm post-wash. I am confused though about ovulation with multiple follies. I think I OV'd overnight, at least one of them. Will I feel another OV or do they all go at once?
My temp was 98.07 this morning. Pre-OV it's usually 97.3-97.8. Post OV it's usually 98.3-98.9. So - no definitive temp yet.
Will keep having I/C until temp rises. This is the thing I was hoping to avoid with IVF - not worrying about timing of OV/IUI so much.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page