Clomid Users. . . . . - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-12-2009, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulltoo View Post
Is anyone in a program where they're getting free clomid? Where are you getting in to the program? Is it just in a particular area?
I'm starting clomid next month and my dr gave me a card that entitles me to free clomid. I don't have the name of the program right now, but can look when I get home tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalalola View Post
I will be starting clomid on my next week (hopefully not though ). I probably shouldn't be reading this as it will make me paranoid!

Clomid triggers more eggs to drop right???

I have perfect cycles right now, so I am scared that clomid is going to screw them up!
wait... what? why are you taking Clomid if your cycles are fine?

(sorry if I missed something, just confused)

mischievous.gif
Old 03-04-2009, 04:11 PM

So I took my first round of clomid and I did have side effects, I was the wicked bitch of the west! I was so hormonal, just like PMS. Thank god (for my sake and poor DH) that the symptoms only lasted about 6 days.

Did anyone notice that sex really hurt during a clomid cycle??? I was only sore during the middle of my cycle (prolly around ovulation).
Old 03-04-2009, 09:27 PM

At 50, Clomid wasn't such a big deal for me, the first month. The second month got worse, and the 3rd even worse. At that point I had to take a break from it to let it clear my system.

Like some of the others on here, hot flashes and mood swings were about all it did for me, but like I said, the first month was fine, but each subsequent month would get progressively worse.

By the time I got to Clomid 100 though, the mood swings were pretty constant. Luckily my DH is an understanding guy though, and I don't tend towards anger, more like sobbing uncontrollably at Kleenex commercials.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 03-09-2009, 09:48 PM

I've been taking 150mg Clomid on cycle days 3-13 and it is a NIGHTMARE for me. Seriously, I am completely on edge, headaches, hot flashes...not fun. The littlest thing can just send me over the edge. I would guess that since I am on the highest dose that would have a lot to do with it. I wish you luck!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:36 PM

I'm on my very first cycle of Clomid at 50mg..... no ovulation yet and I'm on CD29 So far I've only had the hot flashes to deal with!

Jen knit.gif crafty mama LLLactivist to DS1 (2010)bouncy.gif and DS2 (2012)blahblah.giffamilybed2.gif nursex2.gifribbonjigsaw.gif
Old 04-01-2009, 11:06 AM

Ok, I'm new here. I've been looking up information for over a year now and I'm still so lost. I stopped my birth control when I was 18. I got married the first time when I was 19. My first husband and I couldn't concieve and it ended in a divorce anyway. I never gave much thought to going back on the pill, and so far I've never had any need to, because I HAVEN'T GOTTEN F-ING PREGNANT!!!
This now poses a great problem. I got married again. My husband is military and we are desperately TTC before he leaves.

My history:

Normal regular period for as long as I can remember. History of HPV, and 2 colposcopies.

July 2008-U/S was done and everything looked normal in my uterus.
August 2008-HSG was done. Hurt like a bitch, but once again, everything was normal.
Let's spring into the future 7 mths.....
March 2009-Post-coital test was done. Spermies are active and making it to where they need to be....NO BABY YET!!!
March 2009-Blood work and second U/S. U/S showed 11 egg follicles in R ovary and 10 in L ovary on day 17 of my cycle.
March 2009-S/A done. Awaiting results....
April 2009-Called the doctor yesterday AGAIN since he hadn't returned my previous phone call. : Returned phone call from nurse tells me this: "No progesterone was present in your blood on day 17 of your cycle. We're going to start you on Clomid. Thank you for calling.":

I had told the doctor I thought I had a progesterone deficency. I'm the most I've ever weighed in my life (156lbs compared to my normal 125lbs I was last year this time), I can't sleep and when I do manage to sleep I sleep in excess of 16 hrs, I'm depressed because I can't sleep, I'm constantly hungry, I am beyond PMDD (I send my husband running for the hills).

Can anyone here please explain this to me??? I have no idea what is going on, all I know is I want a baby and I've done all the pee strips, basal body crap, test this, test that, standing on the head, and dancing to the fertility goddess I can handle. I'm ready to scream......
Old 05-16-2009, 08:22 PM

I was very worried about s/e, as well.

I started my first Clomid cycle recently. Tonight will be my 4th 50mg Clomid pill.

I really had to talk myself into taking that first pill.

I have had some headaches and have felt more warm than usual at times, but I wouldn't call them hot flashes, as I haven't broken out in a sweat. I really don't know, I am normally cold much of the time, so it's kind of welcome.

If I don't fall asleep pretty quickly after I take the pill, things get a little weird - I see some tracers of light when I close my eyes, and I think "strange" things, like, just super-weird. I can only explain it like I'm dreaming but I'm in that semi-awake state. So...I have been trying to take the pill when I'm dead tired to avoid it, cuz it's a little too weird.

As far as my mood, oddly enough, I've been much mellower than normal. And, I have more energy. I don't know why my mood is more stable, if it's the clomid or not, but I'm totally cool with it!

I'll be back to edit if I have more s/e.

An introvert and ain't ashamed of it!  love.gif

User Tag List