The January Infertility One Thread - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 256 Old 01-13-2009, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
natrualmom--whats your plan of action for next cycle? I am wondering what they are gonna do now since you responded so well this month. I am hoping you don't have any cysts to deal with. It seems like you are moving pretty quickly through cycles. My cycles are so long lately. This month I think clomid mess things up alot.

I am thinking maybe I should ask my quacky doc if I should go on bcp once Af arrives. Whenever I get an OR date it might be past ovulation time and I would be delayed again!! I think they don't like doing laps after ovulation cause they are afraid of blasting out a possible pregnancy. (yeah right like thats happening) I am trying to avoid issues later on.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#122 of 256 Old 01-13-2009, 10:14 PM

Wgt- BCP's are a good idea for your situation. It will eliminate any wait time and also supress any cysts that might have come up after clomid. Our plan will be something like no letrazole, only low dose gonal-f. I will clarify this on my next CD3 u/s next week. Hope you are hanging in there!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#123 of 256 Old 01-13-2009, 11:29 PM

NATURAL-I'm doing ok, thanks for asking. How r u? These past few months have been rough for a lot of us and I hope so much the end of the rainbow is near soon. I'm just trying to be happy and calm until Monday when the injections start. Funny how u want to see AF huh, but it's the anticipation of moving on.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#124 of 256 Old 01-14-2009, 10:49 AM

Well, it seems you all were right!! Fortunately the us yeterday showed that I had not missed the surge, and was ready to O any minute!! So, I did the HCG injection and we had our first iui!! It went so smoothly, not what I expected at all. I am afraid to be too hopeful in the 2ww, but I really hope that we did it this time!! My lining was 6mm and I had two mature foolies on left ovary. DH had a hard time producing a sample (he was nervous) so his numbers weren'rt great, but the nurse said they were doable. His volume was low only .5ml when they are looking for 2, but motility, etc. looked good and they were able to get 8 (or 80???) million out of it. Don't know as much as you all about the numbers, but I'm hoping that is all good.

Now, if I can get the clomid out of my system so that I can get some sleep. Eyes wide open again this morning at 3:30.aaarrrggghhh!!!

Thanks for all of your words of encouragement and sage advice!! Now it's fingers crossed til the 27th................
#125 of 256 Old 01-14-2009, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Catubodua - Welcome! That is so great that your insurance covers ART. I hope your stay here is short!

lola - Yay for a smooth iui!!!! Good luck in your 2ww!

natrualmom - : for no cysts.

nummies - Let us know how the HSG goes. I'm probably going to have one in February.

AFM, still just hoping that I O this cycle. If I got pregnant this cycle, the timing would be horrible (we'd be moving either right before or right after I would be due), so that has to give us some Murphy's Law chance, right? ha ha

My Dr. had me go in for bloodwork yesterday, but I forgot to ask the nurse what it was for. I asked the lab tech, and she said they were checking my platelets. Any idea what that could be for? I'll ask next time I call the Dr.'s office, but you ladies are such a wealth of information, I thought I'd check here too.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#126 of 256 Old 01-14-2009, 12:46 PM

just got back from my appt. have 3 follicles 2 are 14mm, and 1 is 15mm, lining is 4. so right on track for cd 9. i have to go back friday for repeat u/s ad if i havent ovulated by cd 14 going to see if he can give me an hcg shot to get this show going... hate to wait till day 16 or 17 to ovulate!!

also, just nonchanlantly asked for a RE referral and he was more than happy to refer me on. i figured i better ask now cause it would take a couple months to get an appt, but i was wrong!! appt on feb 3rd didnt expect for it to be so soon!! what sucks is that i won't know if i am preg from this cycle until after the appt. hate to drive 2 hours for no reason!! but oh well, it will be fine! told dh about the appt and he didnt flip out-huge surprise there, figured i would have an argument about this.
#127 of 256 Old 01-14-2009, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-mommy View Post
just got back from my appt. have 3 follicles 2 are 14mm, and 1 is 15mm, lining is 4. so right on track for cd 9. i have to go back friday for repeat u/s ad if i havent ovulated by cd 14 going to see if he can give me an hcg shot to get this show going... hate to wait till day 16 or 17 to ovulate!!

also, just nonchanlantly asked for a RE referral and he was more than happy to refer me on. i figured i better ask now cause it would take a couple months to get an appt, but i was wrong!! appt on feb 3rd didnt expect for it to be so soon!! what sucks is that i won't know if i am preg from this cycle until after the appt. hate to drive 2 hours for no reason!! but oh well, it will be fine! told dh about the appt and he didnt flip out-huge surprise there, figured i would have an argument about this.
Yay! That's a lot of good news.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#128 of 256 Old 01-14-2009, 04:33 PM

Crystalmommy- Good news on the RE appt. Nice follies, and the lining should bulk up by next U/S. Are you DTD or IUI this month?

Lola- Based on the words 'doable', it would seem your numbers were probobly 8 million. Just speculation on my end, but 8 mil is good for IUI's, esp with good motility!!:

LibbyLou- What cycle day are you? Then we can better guess what labs were taken. All else fails, call the nurse and ask!

AFM- Accupuncture went well today. My accupuncturist was pretty knowledgable with IF and feels I am in pretty good balance. She did 'cupping' which was neat and I could feel differences in my belly after. Almost a cool flowing sensation. She gave me black sesame seeds, to take 1 tsp.day and some dates, to eat 4/day. I go back Tuesday ( one day before AF). Thanks Poet or the tip on seeing an accupuncturist!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#129 of 256 Old 01-15-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
Back from my u/s. No cysts and everything looks great. I start taking Clomid tonight. My HSG is scheduled for Thursday. We finally got everything worked out with that and the nurse is going to code it as diagnostic so that insurance will cover it.
Boy, I wish they'd been able to do that for mine. Somehow, they couldn't. Or wouldn't.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#130 of 256 Old 01-15-2009, 08:12 AM

it seems like we hardly ever get a full day of hope and happiness! I was doing so great, got good news w/ u/s, re appt so quickly, etc. THen I decided to go downstairs and dig thru some maternity clothes for my BFF. That didn't go so well, I was so freakin sad the rest of the day. I KNOW I was being silly about the clothes cause I am about 40lbs lighter now than when I conceived my daughter, so there is no way those would fit me! (hopefully not even 9mo preg!!) but it brought back all the memories of being preg and how much I loved it. same story different day...

Natrualmomglad the accup seems to be helping! good luck w/ the next cycle!

lola hope @ least one of those spermies make it thru and make a baby!

wtg: the only thing worse than getting your period... is getting it late!! its such a rollercoaster of emotions! sucks!!

nummies i am glad you got the billing issue solved!! there is no reason why they can't do stuff like that more often!! my dr is the king of "coding" he loves to code things to get ins to pay more. like my follie count yesterday- "pelvic pain" which technically i was having cause of the clomid! lol!! whatever works!!
#131 of 256 Old 01-15-2009, 10:07 AM

AF is missing in action. No OR date set. ARGH

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#132 of 256 Old 01-15-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
AF is missing in action. No OR date set. ARGH
wtg- hang in there.....seems like we all are always WAITING for something...

crystal-mommy- I know how you feel about the clothes. I was in our garage getting Xmas stuff put away and ran across all of my pregnancy books and presents I had gotten before the M/C and started the tears immediately.

AFM- I have a VERY good feeling about our iui.....nummies-thanks for the encouraging words about DH's numbers....it only takes one, right??!! I am trying not to obsess. It's good to have work to keep me distracted.

Let's all keep the faith!
#133 of 256 Old 01-15-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Boy, I wish they'd been able to do that for mine. Somehow, they couldn't. Or wouldn't.
I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal-mommy View Post

nummies i am glad you got the billing issue solved!! there is no reason why they can't do stuff like that more often!! my dr is the king of "coding" he loves to code things to get ins to pay more. like my follie count yesterday- "pelvic pain" which technically i was having cause of the clomid! lol!! whatever works!!
Your doc sounds awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola88 View Post

AFM- I have a VERY good feeling about our iui.....nummies-thanks for the encouraging words about DH's numbers....it only takes one, right??!! I am trying not to obsess. It's good to have work to keep me distracted.

Let's all keep the faith!
So glad that you have a good feeling! YAY!

AFM: Off to my HSG. Not really looking forward to it. I will update when I get back.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#134 of 256 Old 01-15-2009, 11:21 AM

lola88-it only takes one, his numbers look good.

nummies--good luck on the HSG. This will get things moving for you.

crystal-mommy--this is a horrible rollercoaster ride!

#135 of 256 Old 01-15-2009, 04:49 PM

lola88, 8 million would be a tad low, around what my dh's post-wash levels are. 80 million would be a lot!
nummies -- best wishes on the HSG.
crystal mommy -- it sure would be nice if it were all easy and smooth, wouldn't it? I have one maternity/nursing dress that is too big for me now (I also lost a bunch of weight, although I have regained some in the past year - bleh), and I keep holding onto it in hopes I will be pg again someday. I still have most of ds's diapers, too. Sigh.

AFM, my u/s went well -- the doctor said, "looks great!" I love my RE! So positive. No mention of "for your age" or any of the crap one of the other REs has given me.
But, we also got the results of my dh's acrosome reaction test -- that part was ok, but the counts were low, and the morphology was "suboptimal." No wonder we've had no luck with IUIs or on our own. It's not just me! Ugh! I wonder how this will affect the IVF (they really should have scheduled his test a month earlier, but with the holidays and all they forgot and I didn't know)?

#136 of 256 Old 01-15-2009, 09:17 PM

POOKIE-Glad everything went well. Did you start any stims yet, I think we r on almost the same schedule for IVF. Will your RE be doing ICSI, cause then Dh numbers shouldn't matter. My dh has low motility and RE said depending on how many eggs I have, he will prob do half with ICSI and let the others fertilize on their own. You should ask Re about this, it is such a wonderful thing, he said they actually drill a hole in the egg and inject the sperm in. Dh was amazed when they told us that. Good Luck.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#137 of 256 Old 01-16-2009, 10:16 AM

Pookie--great news on the ultrasound. IVF sounds better if your dh has MFI. I wishing the best for you. I like your doc not pushing the age thing.

MomtoA--Are you stiming today? Gl

AFM: I think I am going to go nutso. AF is missing. Temps are down so basically I am not testing cause I know I will see snow white on the test. Its to painful to do this to myself. My docs office said that the surgeon will be reeading my chart on Monday and then he will schedule the OR date. I mentioned to the nurse about starting BCP in case it happens after ovulation. She told me when I started my period. I told ner not yet and she was surprised. I think she wanted me to come in but I told her my temps are down and don't bother. I am not wasting my time getting bw. I really think clomid screwed up my cycle. I was fine (I believe) before clomid. Oh well.

#138 of 256 Old 01-16-2009, 12:27 PM

The witch just arrived! So my only hope is surgery.

#139 of 256 Old 01-16-2009, 03:56 PM

wtg sorry for AF, but @ least you can move forward w/ the surgery!! I'll be thinking about you!!

AFM u/s today showed 1 follicle @ 25mm, 1 @ 18mm and 1 @ 19mm. My lining is only 5.2, so not great but Dr says it has time to thicken by monday when I should ovulate. If i haven't o'd by monday, got to go back for another u/s... yay me!! I just love vag u/s!! NOT! And if no O by Monday he is going to give me a trigger shot. I love needles too... k... enough whining! I am getting ready to go on date night w/ DH. We have all night to ourselves!! Very rare!!
#140 of 256 Old 01-17-2009, 01:05 AM

wtg, sorry to hear arrived. Crystal-mommy, just noticed we've been TTC about the same amount of time, and our kids are pretty close to the same age -- ds will be 8 next month. Who knew it would be so long? Sigh.

#141 of 256 Old 01-17-2009, 06:06 PM

Pookie IF definitely sucks!! I thought your son was born in '03... is his b-day feb 3rd? It is so hard when DD asks so frequently about a sibling. She told her preschool class last year that Mommy had a baby in her belly... which of course I didn't!! I feel like even if I do get preg I won't tell her for a few months just in case something happens. I can't get her hopes up and then have a mc or something, would devastate her. She told her Dad that she wanted a sibling for xmas... that is all Momma wanted for christmas too

Nummies how did the hsg go??

Natrualmom we are just DTD, I haven't convinced DH to do IUI yet, plus he is still on unemployment so it isn't really a good time to be increasing our Dr bills.

WTG good thinking about starting the BCP.. sometime Dr's office can't seem to "think ahead". it is up to us to be proactive... its amazing how intelligent we are after a few months/years of dealing w/ IF!! (or how smart we think we are!) lol!!

AFMcd 12... waiting for my surge. I am almost out of sticks for my monitor, going to go get some. If i haven't surged by monday he is going to trigger O...so should I be testing twice a day? buy some other ovulation sticks to test in the evening?
#142 of 256 Old 01-17-2009, 07:05 PM

Crystal-mommy--Yep I was the one who insisited to go on bcps in the first place. I am trying to prevent anymore crisis. The nurse was kind of ticked with me (I can hear in her voice) that I can start on the pills. She even went onto say that I should wait to hear from the girls(receptionists) on my OR date. I feel like I am one step ahead of them at times. I really think they are not thinking of my best interests. I work in the medical field and I know they could do better service and have some emotion involved. I have good insurance (only thing not covered is IVF) and I have no clue why they are dissing me at times. I don't call them all the time and complain. I only call maybe once a week if that.

Question: Is this horrible treatment I am putting my body through lately? Just got over a failed clomid cycle and now I am going right into bcp this month. Prior to last month clomid I was on bcp for cysts. So bcp, clomid, bcp. Yikes I hope my ovaries forgive me. I guess they have to get use to it just in case I have to do injects or IVF.

#143 of 256 Old 01-17-2009, 07:11 PM

crystal-mommy--oh I forgot to add that I usually have dig opks as a back up to my monitor. I use them at least two times a day. I definately use the opks in the evening(7pm) for late surges and sometimes I do the afternoon (2pm) in case my surge comes early. I know its a overkill but lately I need to. The monitor one time failed to pick up mysurge and I think another time I was really off on my o date. I would in your case since you are getting close to Big O day I would by a opk. To much riding on this to have full faith in your monitor. I have used the monitor for over 8 cycles now.

#144 of 256 Old 01-17-2009, 08:38 PM

WTg don't worry about the nurses' getting annoyed w/ you. unless they have gone thru this they have no idea how important small details can be!! they don't get that their mistake by even one day can mean a preg or not. ykwim? I run into this w/ my Dr's office almost monthly, and I am SURE they think I am the wicked bitch of the west, but I do not tolerate their incompetence. They have gotten their butts chewed by the Dr more than once cause they haven't done their jobs right! As a nurse I try my best to do what is expected in a timely manner and expect them to do the same!! And if they haven't called you w/ an OR time in a couple days... call them back again!! if they complain about phone calls, say something to the effect of "well, this is my fertility and my chance @ being a mom, so sorry if it comes across as annoying or pushy but this is my life and I am going to KEEP calling until I get the answer I want!!"

I think I will buy some back up OPK's, if I do surge I don't want to miss it, cause I really don't want another U/S if it isn't needed! I don't have to pay for it, but 3 u/s in a less than a week is exhausting! I hate shaving my legs!! DH and I have been married almost 9 yrs so that is not a requirement to DTD! lol!!
#145 of 256 Old 01-17-2009, 11:34 PM

I just spent $70 on OPKS's ($50 for fert monitor, and $20 for clearblue opk)!! what sane person does that??? lol Going to have to start ordering the monitor sticks online! And hopefully the back-up opk's will last a few cycles. Will only have to test once more tomorrow afternoon and will get an hcg shot monday if no O tomorrow.
#146 of 256 Old 01-18-2009, 01:30 PM

Hey girls. I am so with you. You are your best advocate!! To h@# with the nurses or receptioists getting 'annoyed'. They need to employ nurses who have gone through IF at the clinic!! I am a nurse, and I would love to do the IF stuff at my clinic!! As it stands, I work labor and delivery, which is sometimes great, sometimes hard, dealing with IF.

Crystalmommy- Hopefully Murpheys law is going to apply here, you have spent big bucks on the OPK's, and maybe you won't need them next month

Wgt- I think the BCPs were an extememly wise choice for you. Now you will stave off cysts, and you can do your surgery and start your cycle when you are ready, instead of waiting for the witch! And your poor ovaries should forgive you...eventually. Mine are mad at me too, so I understand.

AFM- Waiting for AF, should be here in 3 days...so excited to see her. AP again Tuesday. Praying for no cysts!!!!

#147 of 256 Old 01-18-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
Hey girls. I am so with you. You are your best advocate!! To h@# with the nurses or receptioists getting 'annoyed'. They need to employ nurses who have gone through IF at the clinic!! I am a nurse, and I would love to do the IF stuff at my clinic!! As it stands, I work labor and delivery, which is sometimes great, sometimes hard, dealing with IF.

AFM- Waiting for AF, should be here in 3 days...so excited to see her. AP again Tuesday. Praying for no cysts!!!!
I would love to have that job. I am a RN too and have sent in my resume to several clinics around here. I agree, they need people who have been through it before. Good luck with this cycle. Are they still planning on putting you on meds? Or are you doing a natural cycle since the problem was male factor?

AFM: Sorry I haven't updated sooner. The HSG results were normal. Everything was clear. However, the experience was pretty horrific. I won't go into details because I start to panic everytime I talk about it. Anyway, I have had a rough couple of days. Now I am just waiting to O for the IUI.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#148 of 256 Old 01-18-2009, 02:36 PM

NUMMIES-Hugs to you. Sorry about the bad experience.

NATURAL-Always thinking of you. Hoping for no cysts.

Just wondering, seems like a lot of us are nurses here, I am also an ED RN. Wonder y so many of us have IF. Is it all the damn stress the patients put us through or actually I should say is it all the stress those MD's put us through.lol. I def couldn't work in the Re clinic, it would be way to emotional for me, after going through all this. I must say though that my clinic is extremely pleasant and goes above and beyond to help us, our insurance is paying only a quarter of IVF and the clinic is excepting that, they told me they just want me to get preggo and Re said he will do whatever it takes. I hate hearing all these horrible stories about the other clinics, we r all going through enough pain that we don't need them adding to it.

#149 of 256 Old 01-18-2009, 03:50 PM

MOMTOALEXIS- Maybe not the patients so much as the beurocracy (sp?) and politics of the job we do. New regulations, rules, and standards thrown at our head DAILY!!!! Faulty equipment, short of staff, more and more charting...oh wait, I'm on a rant. Wrong thread. LOL....
Anyhow, I'm glad you have a good clinic. Mine is good too, but alot of these women on our thread have such troubles! Some clinics seem flipiant on the importance of every detail. And IF is all about details.

Nummies-One one hand, glad the HSG was normal. On the other hand, sorry you had a bad experience. I understand not wanting to talk about it. My last IUI was so horrific, I still cry to talk about it, and I am not a cryer. Hope you take the time to find a bit of healing. The thing I am learning with IF is even though our goal is to become pregnant, when that happens, no magic wand erases all of the heartbreak and sorrow endured to get to that point. I began to wonder if there is studies related to IF treatment and ante/post partum depression.
Anyhow, I am back on meds this cycle (provided no cysts). My problem is all MF. But I started down this path of meds, so I am going to continue. This will be my first month of donor sperm, since DH's sperm is no good

#150 of 256 Old 01-18-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
The HSG results were normal. Everything was clear. However, the experience was pretty horrific. I won't go into details because I start to panic everytime I talk about it. Anyway, I have had a rough couple of days. Now I am just waiting to O for the IUI.
Sorry about the experience. Mine was really bad, too, so it makes me worry for what comes next. (I think it will be laparoscopy/hysteroscopy, as my HSG was abnormal.) I'm going to transfer to an RE (from my OB/GYN), and I really hope they don't ask me to go through an HSG again. I also got a bill in the mail just two days ago, and it seems as if insurance only covered half of it. : Boo.

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page