The January Infertility One Thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 256 Old 01-01-2009, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
January

The Infertility ONE Thread

A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Trying to Conceive

anne1140 - TTC #1 since Nov. '07. Done blood work, semen analysis, and HSG. One blocked fallopian tube and bicornuate or septate uterus.

BellyBean - TTC#1 since Dec '07, ovulation and MF issues, 5 clomid cycles - last 3 with IUI

Catubodua - 39, TTC #1 since Oct 07. we've already had a semen analysis and HSG done and both were fine.

christophersmom - TTC#2 since November 2005. Multiple rounds of Clomid, two HSG's, 1 IVF in November 2007 (twins miscarried in January 2008), miscarriage in September 2008. Trying IVF again.

crazyrunningmama - TTC #2, FET possibly February

Crystal-mommy - TTC #2 w/ PCOS on and off for 3 yrs. 2 clomid cycles-BFN, 1st cycle w/ femara

DaisyMae08 - TTC #1 since 7/07. Currently on IUI #3, 1st time with Letrozole

eternalsunshine - TTC#2 w/MF issues. Conceived DC#1 through IUI. Currently on IUI #6 and seriously considering IVF soon.

gumby74 - ttc #2 with just the use of folic acid and baby aspirin. If not successful, we will do the hormone IUI route starting next cycle.

hapi2help - I am a 33 yo mom to one DS conceived naturally after 11 months of TTC. We have been trying for 19 months this time around. I have recently been diagnosed with blocked fallopian tubes and am now contemplating surgery and IUI or going straight to IVF.

Julia'sMom - TTC #2, ivf#2 in Jan/Feb

LibbyLou - TTC #1 since Sept 2007 with PCOS. Cystic fibrosis carrier. Currently trying Metformin + Clomid. Diagnostic Lap Dec '08, HSG Feb '09.

lola88 - 38 y.o. TTC #1 since October 05, 4 failed clomid cycles, 1st iui w/ clomid this month!!

MeadowMom - TTC#2 with PCOS and fibroids. Using Letrozole and HCG trigger.

MOMTOALEXIS - Trying to conceive since 9/07. 4 failed Clomid cycles, 3 with IUI. Moving to IVF January 09

natrualmom - TTC#3, IUI #6 with letrazole/injectibles/trigger, MF issues, using DI this cycle

Needle In the Hay - Experiencing unexplained secondary infertility for 5+ years. 1 failed IUI. Also dealing with hypothyroidism; started treament for that about a year ago.

nummies - 25, TTC #2. Conceived 17 month old son from IVF/ ICSI. MFI with 0-1% normal sperm morphology. 2ww on Second IUI cycle with Clomid.

Perdita_in_Ontario - TTC#2 w/ IVF/ICSI for MFI - next cycle Q2/09

poetgirl - TTC for 25 cycles. Low progesterone, possible premature ovarian problems, LPD and hypothalamus dysfunction. Removed polyp 3/08. 4 failed Clomid/IUI cycles, doing Follistim/IUI this month and then IVF.

Pookietooth - TTC#2 3 years with PCOS and age (I'm 43), starting IVF in January

Taking a Break

blueyezz4 - TTC #1 since July 2006; Have done 3 rounds of clomid (1 - 100mg and 2 - 50mg), 2 failed IUIs and now moving onto injectibles possibly in Jan. once I have my sinus issues (recurrent sinus infections/polyps) under control.

EastbayK Taking a break while still hoping and dreaming

Held - 39 years old, TTC #1 since 2005 (although no prevention since late 2002). Dealing with mild MFI (low motility) and unexplained. Currently taking a break. :

kristenok18. TTC#2 since 2004, taking a break.

lovebug - TTC#1 for over 3 years, but on a break while DH is in Iraq.

oregonduck - age 34 and DH, 31. TTC #1 since June 2007. Have done one Clomid cycle so far. Taking a break after m/c.

wtg4miracle - Waiting to be Ready

::: MIA :::
(These people did not post in December and will be removed if they don't post in January)

Happily Blessed - I am 39. We dealt with IF for 7.5 years before conceiving via IVF/ICSI/AH for my little man who is 22 months. We are now TTC #2 with IUI. This is the second IUI we have done with Femara, the first was with Follistem, and this one was with straight Femara. When we did the IUI on Monday, the 27th, it was with 1 #20mm follie. I am praying this one works. I also have PCOS, APA, and MTHFR factors. Dh is just fine but we still put him on Fertility Blend for Men for this cycle.

::: Graduates :::
(May everyone who passes through this thread find their way to this section)

Aly22681 TTC #1 since January 2007, 3 MCs. --> July 2008

Kiki99 TTC #1 since Apr 2007 (unexplained infertility) with DH. 1 unmedicated IUI - failed, 2 Clomid IUI's - failed and had my 4th IUI with injectables. --> July 2008

mischievium :TTC since February 2007 with MFI (antisperm antibodies) and possible mild congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Currently TTC with Clomid and IUI. --> July 2008

Jelly Bean TTC #2 since April 07. one unmedicated IUI, one month of just clomid, one month of clomid and 2 IUI's and this month we did injectibles and 2 IUI's. --> July 2008

Corikodjo 39, TTC since August of 2007,1 Chemical Pregnancy 11/07, on 2nd IUI --> August 2008

blueRhino TTC #1 since June 2007. TTC with Chinese herbs and acupuncture. --> September 2008

Voltige - TTC #2 since 7/07; Recently diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS but trying to conceive naturally for a few cycles post surgical laparoscopy --> October 2008

songbird45 - TTC #1 with PCOS since January 2007. Pregnant after 22 months and 4 medicated IUI cycles! --> October 2008

FayeO - Tired mama (age 34) to DD (1/03). TTC #2 since November 2005. Diagnosed with MFI (antisperm antibodies) this fall. Currently TTC with unmedicated IUIs. December will be IUI #8. Only one more after that and then it's time for a BIG decision about IVF. --> December 2008

PLEASE let the threadkeeper know if there is anything you would like to add/ delete/ change from your synopsis above (including silly things like not liking the color your username is in) either by bolding the information you want changed/ updated in your post or by sending the threadkeeper a PM. And PLEASE check to make sure that the correct chart is linked to the chart icon in front of your username.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#2 of 256 Old 01-01-2009, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to 2009 ladies! Here's hoping for BFPs for all of us!!!!

Let me know if you have any updates for the first post.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#3 of 256 Old 01-01-2009, 11:59 PM

Hi Libby, thanks so much for starting a new January thread!!!!!

Can you please update mine to say:
TTC#1 since Dec '07, ovulation and MF issues, 5 clomid cycles - last 3 with IUI

Best wishes to everyone!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#4 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 12:57 AM

Hi LibbyLou -- I've been active in the IUI threads and would like to join this one too.

TTC#2 w/MF issues. Conceived DC#1 through IUI. Currently on IUI #6 and seriously considering IVF soon.

Thanks!
#5 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 11:40 AM

Thanks for doing this LibbyLou. Here's my update:

TTC #1 since 7/07. Currently on IUI #3, 1st time with Letrozole.
#6 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 12:18 PM

Hi - may I join? I've been lurking for about 6 months since our last failed IVF. We're gearing up for another IVF/ICSI cycle in March or April (not sure yet) and will start acupuncture later this month.

TTC#2 w/ IVF/ICSI for MFI - next cycle Q2/09

If anyone has any wisdom about complementary treatments such as acupuncture, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
#7 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 12:51 PM

Hi to all and welcome to a new year which I hope will bring us all happiness.
Thanks Libby for starting the new thread.

AFM-Saw RE today and cried for the first time in his office. I already had 4 failed Clomid cycles with failed IUI out of the 4. I was ready to move on to injectables and try maybe another 2 IUI's but RE says it is extremely dangerous to do injectables with IUI in my case because I am young and healthy with a large egg reserve and the risk of multiples would be very high. He said I am already making 3-4 mature eggs with Clomid and I would probally make 6-8 with the injectables. He suggested we go straight to IVF this month. I was so not ready to hear that yet. Good news is that our insurance covers it unless something in the policy changed as of Jan. 1st, praying of course that it didn't. I just feel so scared and confused right now, trying to figure out how 3 perfectley timed cycles of IUI did not work . RE says sperm may not be able to get in for some reason and he will be able to see that when the eggs and sperm are together in the lab. He's gonna do half the eggs using ICSI and hopefully see if the other half fertilize on their own. So BCP pills for 10 days then injections after that and he thinks around Jan. 19th to start injections. Sorry I'm ramblilng but I feel so overwhelmed right now and needed to talk. Hope everyone else is well.

Libby, can you please update me also, sorry I see you have a lot of updates to do.

Trying to conceive since 9/07. 4 failed Clomid cycles, 3 with IUI. Moving to IVF January 09.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#8 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdita_in_Ontario View Post
Hi - may I join? I've been lurking for about 6 months since our last failed IVF. We're gearing up for another IVF/ICSI cycle in March or April (not sure yet) and will start acupuncture later this month.

TTC#2 w/ IVF/ICSI for MFI - next cycle Q2/09

If anyone has any wisdom about complementary treatments such as acupuncture, I'm all ears.

Thanks!
Hey Perdita!! I have wondered about you and how you are doing. I hope your upcoming cycle is the one for you, I remember that you have been through a lot. My 2 cents about accupuncture.... I did IVF in 2005 and we got 13 eggs. Fresh cycle resulted in an early m/c and the one FET we had resulted in my dd.

This past summer we did a fresh cycle and I did accupuncture this time. Even though I am 3 years older, we got way more eggs - 25. Nothing else has changed (weight, diet, level of exercise, stress levels). Sadly our fresh cycle this summer ended in another early m/c. I am waiting for results of our FET now, but the POAS was a BFN, so I am not hopeful. But we still have 8 embies frozen. I did accupuncture leading up to the FET as well and I ended up with a very thick lining, so the accupuncture may have helped with that as well. (I tend to respond quite well to all the meds, our issues are MF)

Thanks for starting this thread, please add me to the list:

TTC #2, FET possibly February

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#9 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 02:30 PM

May I join? I am getting ready to start IVF. I have PCOS and have had a lot of troubles with my fertility. Here is my listing:

TTC#2 3 years with PCOS and age (I'm 43), starting IVF in January.

Right now, I'm just waiting for AF, which should be here any minute, as my temp dropped.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#10 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 03:02 PM

Thanks for being the thread keeper again LibbyLou.
Could please update mine by taking out "Starting IUIs this cycle" to: 1 failed IUI. Thanks!

We're not doing anything this cycle (I'm on cd14) and next cycle we'll do IUI #2.

Best of luck in 2009 everyone!!!
#11 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 03:27 PM

Thanks Libby!

Can you change me to: 2ww on Second IUI cycle with Clomid

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#12 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 03:29 PM

Welcome to the new ladies!

momtoalexis: It is so hard to hear the words "I think it's time for IVF." ((hugs))

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#13 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 03:37 PM

Thanks LibbyLou!!

Please change me to Waiting to be Ready. Hopefully, surgery soon to repair cervical scar tissue thats probably impeding on ttc. As of now, still waiting for an OR date.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#14 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 05:04 PM

Please change me to IUI #6 with letrazole/injectibles/trigger, MF issues, using DI this cycle

MOMTOALEXIS- Hugs to you. IVF is scary, and its also the most invasive option. But it does work. Glad your insurance covers..wish mine did

Nummies- How goes the 2ww? Are you still sane?

CRM- Please hang in there.

LibbyLou- Thank you for he new thread.

Daisy- How are you? How is your 2WW?

Pookie and Pedrita- Good luck this cycle!!!!

Eternal and Bellybean- Where are you at this cycle?

Needle- Good luck with your next IUI

Wgt- Hello my friend! Hang in there. Hope your OR date is soon!

Had my follie study today, 2 at 14 mm, one at 10mm, continuing on 75 units gonal-f until Monday morning at 0815, then another follie study. Lining looks good

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#15 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 06:28 PM

So the nurse called to give me my instructions. BCP for 12 days then starting injections on January 19th. I thought they were taking the eggs out on the 19th because they said u will be ready around the 19th. lol. So, so, so confused.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#16 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 06:56 PM

momtoalexis I know IVF wasn't what you wanted to hear right now, but @ least you don't have to be on a huge waiting list... and you might be pregnant w/in the next month!! yay for you!! the thought of IVF is really scary- but having 3 or 4 babies is scarier!! good luck!!

AFM called Dr's office today to give someone a piece of my mind about the whole progesterone pill issue.. and they aren't open till monday!!!! WTF?!? I am due to start my period on monday, so if I didn't have access to these pills I would have completely missed out on this cycle b/c of the office nurses irresponsibility. ugh! thank goodness I was smart enough to get them and take them! ppl who don't have that much experience w/ IF wouldn't even know what the heck prometrium is used for!!
#17 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 07:27 PM

Momtoalexis--I know hearing those words today are a shock to you. Since you are young and good ovarian reserve you are a good candidate for IVF. Just take one day at a time and I will be expecting good news from you next month. Just think you are one day closer to having your baby. That is wonderful that insurance is willing to pay for it. Mine doesn't.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#18 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 09:04 PM

Momtoalexis - super jealous of your insurance coverage

AFM - I guess I forgot to include my info earlier...I am 1 dpiui and of course already going totally crazy! My IUI yesterday went horrible and I ended up extremely emotional and had multiple crying fits. DH's numbers were his lowest ever and to top it all off I think the nurse messed up because she said "oh, some sperm and wash fluid came back out, better get you a pillow." This has NEVER happened before. I was lucky to hold it together until we got to the car! On the very up side we were able to BD last night and again this morning. Something we haven't been able to manage in the past (successfully) after an IUI.

I am definitely ready to be done with all this IF stuff and actually be PG! Although I don't have too much hope for this cycle it is sooooo hard not to get wrapped up in the 2ww. : for a

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#19 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 10:16 PM

BELLYBEAN-Sorry you had a bad experience,please try to hang in there, you need just one good sperm to get through. Just try to keep busy cause there's nothing else we can do during the horrible 2ww. I'll be praying for you.

Thanks to all for the support once again, I am trying to stay relaxed and being here helps so much.

#20 of 256 Old 01-02-2009, 10:26 PM

So sorry to hear that Bellybean. You never know though, so this still could be your month!

Thanks for asking about the 2ww Naturalmom. 6 more days to go. I don't feel pregnant (not that I would know what it feels like), but you never know. I'm not nearly as anxious about it as I was the first time...or even the second. It's gotten easier as I've gone along. Glad to hear everything is looking good for you!
#21 of 256 Old 01-03-2009, 01:02 AM

Momtoa - Sorry that you have to move to IVF, but like pps said, you shoudl be very successful with it. Best of luck.

CRM - Still hoping for good news on BW!

DM - Hopefully you will get good news after 2ww

Libby - Thanks for starting the thread. I can barely keep up, I have no idea how you manage.

crystalmom - Hopefully you will get the progesterone settled, too bad we don't live close. I have a whole bottle and will have to stay on the PIO shots this time, so no use for them. Darn nurses! Mine has been in my clinic for 10+ years so she knows and woudl never do that.

BB - Hopefully you will get good news after your 2ww.

I have had two BPTs now and my levels were good. So far 721 and 1545, so they are doing just what they are supposed to and my progesterone is good and I will be staying on the Progesterone shots at least for several more weeks. I am looking forward to the US, I hope to get a heartbeat this time. I think they are being much more conservative with me this time. I knwo last time I was done with PIO by now. I still wonder if that was part of the problem. So as much of a pain they are, I don't mind at all.

Carly, mama to DS C (5th grade), DD Miss M (07/09, fostered 1/10, adopted 08/10), and Little Miss C (11/10, fostered 01/11, adopted 11/12). Foster Son, Mr. A, age 11 placed 10/13.
My angel babies , ~01/08~ (twins), ~09/08~, and ~01/09~.

#22 of 256 Old 01-03-2009, 10:10 AM

crazyrunningmama: good to see you - but too bad it's in this forum. Thanks for the info re: acupuncture. There are two places in town that specialize in fertility acupuncture and I keep getting the same recommendations for one of the clinics, so I'm going to give them a call next week and get started. At the very worst, it won't do anything.

For both cycles I went through last year, I nursed DD minimally. She hasn't self-weaned yet (she's 3.5) so unfortunately I am going to have to cut out her last nursing session - will be phasing it out over the next couple of weeks. I've let her know, and she seems ok with it, but it still makes me sad.

#23 of 256 Old 01-03-2009, 11:08 AM

christophersmom- Those sound like great numbers! Can't wait until your u/s!

I can't wait until this cycle is over. Ugh. AF is coming I just wish she would get here already!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#24 of 256 Old 01-03-2009, 12:38 PM

C'SMOM-Sounds good so far. Congrats, so excited for you!

So DH went to a wake last night and his BFF since Kindergarten insisted he go out for a drink with him and his wife. He then tells my DH the news about his wife being 3 months preggo. My DH said he broke down and started crying in the bar, I couldn't believe it, I felt so sorry for him more than I felt sorry for myself. He said he told his friend everything about what we have been going through and my DH is a very private person and has not talked to anyone about this. He vented to me till 2:30 in the morning, asking all the questions I ask myself everyday. Like why us, what have we done, and why is so easy for everyone else. This is his 3rd friend preg in the last 2 months. He said he felt better getting it all out. He blames himself being I have a child from a previous marriage. But his SA has been fine. And this last friend got preggo on the first month, she just came off the pill at the end of August. He kept saying how proud he is of my daughter and how much he wishes he was her real dad(We have been together since she's 3y/o, now she's 10). The only good coming out of this is that everyday we struggle I fall in love with him even more. His patience and caring has proved to me that I married the greatest man in the world. Well once again thanks to all of you who listen.

#25 of 256 Old 01-03-2009, 02:30 PM

Momtoalexis--You sure do have a nice dh. Keep him. A lot of girls don;t have this. We don't realize they are hurting as much as we are. Its in their nature not to show it. He is a great dad to your daughter. Your in my thoughts and I know you will get through this. You have a strong NYC stamina

#26 of 256 Old 01-03-2009, 04:04 PM

Sounds to me like he IS her real dad, MTA. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

DH's cousin, who brought her new boyfriend to our wedding, married him and is now pg with her third child. She has lapped us twice (our DD was born after her first two). And his other cousin, whose wife had a baby 3 weeks before DD was born, we've just found out is pregnant again (that one really stung...). It doesn't get any easier if this is secondary infertility, is it. My DH is also pretty broken up about it because we so want another child. It's NOT fair.

#27 of 256 Old 01-03-2009, 08:35 PM

Got today. Here I go!

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#28 of 256 Old 01-03-2009, 10:03 PM

POOKIE-

#29 of 256 Old 01-03-2009, 11:19 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to all the new ladies! I'm so sorry you have to join our group, and I hope your stays are short!

Pookietooth - s

MOMTOALEXIS - That's a lot to take. I'm sure that's not what you were expecting to hear.

nummies, BellyBean, and DaisyMae08 - : for your 2wws

christophersmom - Let me know when you're ready to be moved to the Graduates.

AFM, I have a follow-up appointment from my Lap on Tuesday. The Dr. wasn't able to check my tubes during the lap, so he wants to do a separate HSG. I'm not sure if he'll do that Tuesday or if I'll have to go back for it. I had a refill left on my Clomid perscription, so I went ahead and filled it and started it CD 3. Today is CD 5. I feel completely ridiculous for not waiting for my appointment, but I didn't want to waste a whole cycle just because my follow-up got pushed out due to the holidays. IF makes me do crazy things.

#30 of 256 Old 01-03-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibbyLou View Post
IF makes me do crazy things.
Couldn't have said it better myself! I would have done the EXACT same thing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page