January IUIs - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 208 Old 01-10-2009, 04:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sunshine- Kinda odd you were dismissed by your RE: What is your CD3 or baseline estrogen usually?

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#62 of 208 Old 01-10-2009, 10:38 AM

eternal- It doesn't sound like your doc is taking you very seriously. Good luck with the natural cycle. Oh and my HSG was 3 years ago. Since then I have had a miscarriage, pregnancy, and birth. So we are just making sure that new blockages haven't formed since then.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#63 of 208 Old 01-10-2009, 01:18 PM

AF came yesterday - the day after my beta. I knew she was just around the corner. At least it wasn't a very long wait to get started again. I'll be starting Letrozole tomorrow night.
#64 of 208 Old 01-10-2009, 05:07 PM

JOY-Congrats on the great numbers for the IUI. Sounds good for you both.

BELLYBEAN-lol. I said the same things 5 months ago too.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

#65 of 208 Old 01-10-2009, 05:16 PM

Does anyone know what I should expect for ovulation with 3 follies: Hcg trigger Thursday AM with Lupron, IUI Friday AM (no drugs from Friday on).

I am wondering if they all go at the same time, or will I only ovulate one if one goes first? Could it take days or within a few hours?

I felt my typical OV pains last night & over night. Strong twinges starting at 6PM lasting all evening, and sharp pains with moderate overall crampiness around 2AM lasting til around 6AM. But was that for just 1 follie or all of them?
(I had twinges and a sharp pain on Thursday afternoon, and then nothing til Friday evening, so maybe I OV'd one before IUI?).
My temp was around coverline this morning, so not definitive for ovulation. I still have a pos. OPK - from the trigger I'm sure. I just don't know if it's over or if I've got more to go? Belly feels calm now, but I thought I felt a twinge around 10AM.
#66 of 208 Old 01-10-2009, 09:17 PM

Poet - did you do BCP's before starting Lupron? That is what I've heard will keep those antral follies quiet. Then Lupron will keep them quiet until stims.
IF you need to do IVF, make sure you're on BCP's (starting on day 2 if you start your next cycle) for at least 3 weeks, and start Lupron 7 days before stopping BCP's. And get a suppression check to make sure you don't have a dominant follie already before you start BCP's.
This is why they put me on the long protocol (BCP's & Lupron). I've had an 8mm follie on day 2. Of course, I was over-suppressed on the long protocol. So if we need to do IVF, the other option for me is 3 weeks BCP's, then ganirelix for a couple days, then Follistim until the follies are 14mm, then ganirelix until trigger. NO LUPRON! You could ask about that protocol, too. But they always do BCP's to make sure you're suppressed.
But I hope it won't be needed!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
The worst part is that we are all very afriad this is what will happen in an ivf cycle...I'll get one fast dominant follie and all my other follies won't be able to catch up and it will get canceled. I don't get it. I don't know anyone else who has this problem. I have the follicles. I have a great antral foll. count. Why do I have one super fast follicle? I came home and got back in bed and DH just held me for a really long time. They're talking IUI Fri. but the 18 mm will be like 26 by then, right? I'm so confused. Any advice?
Thanks for listening.
#67 of 208 Old 01-11-2009, 04:36 PM

Joy~First, GL! It's my understanding that the trig. shot should release all the mature eggs at once. You and I seem to have the most similar situation with this part. cycle but also our history of stimming early. For this cycle, I took 75 iu of follistim days 3-8. I used micro-dose lupron (diluted) 20 iu morning and night during days 3-9. My last lupron was the morning of day 9, the evening of day 9 was the trigger (10 pm) and then the IUI was 36 hrs. later, day 11 at 10 am. I'm glad you mentioned bcps and the long protocol because I don't think my RE is planning on me doing long prot. I have my ivf consult on Tues. and I will ask him about bcps and antral suppression. He may be against it because my sister did not respond when to bcps during ivf, but she also hasn't responded well to ivf period (4 cancelled cycles). Hey, just noticed you are a dancer/teacher. Though I am a writer primarily now, I used to be a dancer/dance teacher, yoga also. It's hard to go through this when You have this intimate knowledge/relationship of/with your body...at least that has been my experience.

Daisy, I'm so sorry.

Eternal, I hope you get the respect you desreve in the coming days. GL with this cycle. So Sorry the RE is being a twig. :

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#68 of 208 Old 01-12-2009, 01:16 AM - Thread Starter

Natrualmom, my baseline estrogen has always been fine. But my friend's concern based on some things I told her was my estrogen after I ovulate c/t my progesterone and whether I'm fully releasing my egg (checked by an u/s). My RE has never tested these. So, while this may not be a problem, it's one more thing to wonder about.

joyakshi, not 100% sure, but my understanding is your follicles will pop pretty much at the same time. May not be exactly at the same time, but w/in hours I would think.
#69 of 208 Old 01-12-2009, 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=eternalsunshine;12968757]Natrualmom, my baseline estrogen has always been fine. But my friend's concern based on some things I told her was my estrogen after I ovulate c/t my progesterone and whether I'm fully releasing my egg (checked by an u/s). My RE has never tested these. So, while this may not be a problem, it's one more thing to wonder about.QUOTE]

Sorry to be so dumb here, what does your abbreviation 'c/t' mean?

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#70 of 208 Old 01-12-2009, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry, I get carried away w/abbreviations sometimes.

c/t means compared to.
#71 of 208 Old 01-12-2009, 10:12 PM

: Hi girls

JOY: In my experience... I ovulate after 10.000 of HCG all my follies with 17 mm or more. Now the probabilities of a multiple pregnacy are very low with an IUI, but not impossible, you have more probabilities with an IVF or an ICSI, but the posibility is there anyway... Before the HCG I feel with my breast like Dolly Parton. Also my best way to conffirm the O and spend the money safe is checking with the ultrasound. Some Doctors check before and others after the IUI, in my situation and experience we need to confirm the O before the IUI... After the HCG my O occurs around 22 hours after the injection and the IUI is between 24 and 36 hours after the HCG.

On the way I'm just coming back from my ultrasound, my endo is 10 mm type I, we need it type II, so tomorrow night we will check if it changes. Also I have 1 follie in each side, both are 19 mm , so tomorrow after the ultrasound I put my HCG inyection and on Wednesday night we confirm the O, so on Thursday midday I have my IUI.

So we are going as DH says for Twins or nothing

Victorian Patch
*** thinking positive help my dreams come true ***
#72 of 208 Old 01-13-2009, 04:58 PM

Victorian - good luck with your IUI!

Eternal - your RE should be testing E2 at each U/S, so I do hope you find someone you feel comfortable with. I had to switch RE's too as my first one seemed too nonchalant about everything.

Daisy - sorry to hear about AF. AF sux. Good wishes for your next cycle!

Poet - yes we do seem to have a similar cycle/issues. Now I am wondering about whether the BCP's over-suppressed me. Can you tell me more about your sister's experience? Was it the BCP's that caused a poor response?
Funny our similarities - I used to live in SF for most of the 90's. Where did you dance?
I've been charting my cycle for 8 years now, so between all my physical training and knowledge of my cycle, I am acutely aware of my body and its internal workings. Makes it hard to not notice things or be surprised by anything. Now I'm 3dpo and scanning my body for any sy/sx, and trying not to freak out at the lack of anything!
btw - the prometrium is a little weird. are you on it?
#73 of 208 Old 01-13-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyakshi View Post
Poet - yes we do seem to have a similar cycle/issues. Now I am wondering about whether the BCP's over-suppressed me. Can you tell me more about your sister's experience? Was it the BCP's that caused a poor response?
Funny our similarities - I used to live in SF for most of the 90's. Where did you dance?
I've been charting my cycle for 8 years now, so between all my physical training and knowledge of my cycle, I am acutely aware of my body and its internal workings. Makes it hard to not notice things or be surprised by anything. Now I'm 3dpo and scanning my body for any sy/sx, and trying not to freak out at the lack of anything!
btw - the prometrium is a little weird. are you on it?
Joy, My sister did one cycle w. bcp, then they never used them again. The last 2 tries they even did no Lupron, so, no, that wasn't the reason though we thought that at first. Early menopause runs in my family but we both had good fsh #s so we thought we were ok. She produced only 1 or 2 eggs on heavy med ivf w. estrogen patch. They even harvested her 2 egg cycle, but they were empty sacs, no eggs. Awful. I'm a bit diff. because I have lots of eggs, I just get an early dom. follicle and then it seems to not give all the others a chance. We had our ivf consult today and instead of bcp, my RE is going to give me natural estrogen and progesterone and do a long protocol w. 150 iu fsh but monitor me every 2 days. Hope that's all irrelevant though. I lived in SF from 97 until last Sept. In SF, I actually did a lot of Afro-Brazilian dance with Rhonda Stagnaro Low, did a few modern things w. Cynthia Vasquez and religiously studied modern w. Patricia Jiron. I taught tap (of all things) at a perf. arts school.. What about you?
As for prometrium, I've been on it every 2 wks. for A YEAR! And I'd like a medal for that. It's very messy. Wear pantyliners. Sometimes it makes me really tired too.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#74 of 208 Old 01-13-2009, 10:17 PM

Poet- If there was an emoticon in shape of a medal, it would be yours!!!!

#75 of 208 Old 01-14-2009, 09:51 AM

ok girls :

everything ready for tomorrow's IUI, we are not checking the ovulation tonight, but yesterday I had 3 follies (2 good quality, 1 residual from the period b4) probably I will O the 3 of them but we know that only 2 are ok. So please pray for us, only one is needed

Victorian Patch
#76 of 208 Old 01-14-2009, 04:48 PM

Victorian- How exciting!!! Best of luck in your IUI tomorrow.

How is the 2WW going or you Poet, Joyakshi,Masel?

Blueyezz- How are you doing?

Bellybean- How are you doing?

Accupuncture went well today. My accupuncturist was pretty knowledgable with IF and feels I am in pretty good balance. She did 'cupping' which was neat and I could feel differences in my belly after. Almost a cool flowing sensation. She gave me black sesame seeds, to take 1 tsp.day and some dates, to eat 4/day. I go back Tuesday ( one day before AF). Thanks Poet or the tip on seeing an accupuncturist!

#77 of 208 Old 01-14-2009, 04:57 PM

victorian- Good luck tomorrow! Think happy thoughts!

Naturalmom- Glad AP went well. I loved going for my IVF cycle. I should really go back.

Not really much new here. Day 2 of Clomid. HSG tomorrow. The fun never ends...

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#78 of 208 Old 01-14-2009, 06:21 PM

oh, you have an HSG tomorrow? they told me to take 4 advil before hand, but it was so painful for me (not for everyone) I would have asked for Vicodin if Id known.
So, if you can, get an RX for something good, otherwise be prepared for just an instant of terrible discomfort. I was not expecting it to be that bad. I think I would have done better if I'd been prepared. But it's over in a second.
good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
victorian- Good luck tomorrow! Think happy thoughts!

Naturalmom- Glad AP went well. I loved going for my IVF cycle. I should really go back.

Not really much new here. Day 2 of Clomid. HSG tomorrow. The fun never ends...
#79 of 208 Old 01-14-2009, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for everyone's responses re: my RE. I feel like he's good but not great. I used to be in the medical profession and I know the difference b/w the two and it's frustrating to know I'm not getting the best care possible. That said, I'll continue to be proactive and ask alot of questions.

Victorian patch, good luck tomorrow! Hope everything goes smoothly!

nummies, good luck w/tomorrow's HSG. Hope it's quick, painless and normal.

natrualmom, sounds like the accupuncture was great! Hopefully that'll keep the cysts from forming.

AFM, today is CD11. U/s showed follicle at 22, estrogen is 243. This morning's OPK (after 11AM, natrualmom, thanks for the tip ) showed a faint line. Last night was blank. So the plan is to test tonight and if it's positive to do IUIs tomorrow and Friday. If it doesn't get dark till tomorrow, then IUI only on Friday. So, here we go again!
#80 of 208 Old 01-14-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyakshi View Post
oh, you have an HSG tomorrow? they told me to take 4 advil before hand, but it was so painful for me (not for everyone) I would have asked for Vicodin if Id known.
So, if you can, get an RX for something good, otherwise be prepared for just an instant of terrible discomfort. I was not expecting it to be that bad. I think I would have done better if I'd been prepared. But it's over in a second.
good luck!
Thanks. I had one three years ago and it was pretty painful, but made it through. I do plan on taking some ibuprofen.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#81 of 208 Old 01-14-2009, 09:36 PM

Well here I am 14 DPO and no AF and no PG. SO ANNOYING! (only because I need to start BCP soon to do IVF with the clinic "group")

Things that make me think PG: I have never made it this long without spotting or starting AF. NO cramps, boobs are SUPER sensitive and I have been falling asleep really early.

Things that make me think AF is on her way: 4 negative pregnancy tests!!!! Temp is going down in a similar pattern as other months!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#82 of 208 Old 01-14-2009, 09:39 PM

Belly bean-- Hey, that says it all!!! Sorry for the confusion. Hope either AF shows her nasty face up, or you get a BFP soon!!! Can you call for a beta?

#83 of 208 Old 01-14-2009, 09:55 PM

BellyBean-I am in the same situation as you are in. I think I am 17dpo. Negative tests, no af. I thought I was spotting this am but nothing. My bbs hurt on and off. Temp is dipping low. I know I probably will see AF tonight or tomorrow am.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#84 of 208 Old 01-14-2009, 09:57 PM

Nummies - good luck with your HSG tomorrow. I know when i had mine I just took like 3 ibuprofen and I was fine. At least this time you know what to expect since you have been there and done that once before. I know it is one of those things where you kinda hope they find something so they can fix it and that way you have an answer and a solution. Take care and keep us posted.

eternalsunshine - good luck with your IUI and the timing! Fingers crossed for you. :

natrualmom - glad to hear that your acupuncture went well. I've had it before, but not the cupping...What is that suppose to do????

joyakshi - wow, your hsg sounds like it was really painful. Did you have blocked tubes or something??? I know that can make an HSG worse.

AFM...today is CD 28 (natural cycle) for me and I'm just waiting to see if AF is going to show up. I've got the drugs (Gonal F and ovidrel) in the fridge just staring me down. I guess AF not showing up would be worth all the $$$ I spent on the meds, but I'm not going to get my hopes up since it has been almost 3 yrs now. One day at a time. Once AF shows CD 1 I have to call and schedule my CD 2 or 3 U/S and who knows what else...this injection thing is all new to me.

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#85 of 208 Old 01-15-2009, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

BellyBean, it sucks being in limbo. Hopefully it'll end in a BFP! I agree w/natrualmom about checking w/your clinic to get a beta.

wtg4miracle, how are you doing?

blueyezz4, how long is you cycle? Hope you don't need those meds afterall. Wouldn't that be something!

AFM, darker line on the OPK (although still not as dark as the control) so we had our IUI this morning. Hopefully the timing is good. 5.4 million and "good forward motility" (don't know the motility %). We'll go in again tomorrow morning for a second IUI.
#86 of 208 Old 01-15-2009, 03:48 PM

Belly - these are the worst few days, huh? hoping you are but worrying you aren't and about to find out but not finding out soon enough? I'm not looking forward to it!

Belly & W4M- good luck - I hope you get a late BFP instead of a late AF!

Blue- my tubes were open but I do have an endometrioma on my left ovary, so maybe there is endo tissue in other places that caused pain. Maybe the tubes were blocked and the fluid pushed them open or something.

Poet - you must be in 5 or 6 dpiui limbo like me. You do deserve a medal for all the Prometrium! I kind of like that is creates its own symptoms and masks any normal symptoms, so I can't obsess too much.
I did ballet & modern at OCD/SF & Lines/SFDC from 89-96, and then 98-2000. I danced with a few regional ballet & modern companies in the bay area in that time. So it sounds like we were in different dance worlds at different times. Are you still there?

Well, good luck with the IUI's this week, and with looming BFP's for everyone in 2ww limbo!
#87 of 208 Old 01-15-2009, 11:09 PM

Ok girls, the IUI is done, so I continue in the Jan 2WW folder, see you all there and good luck to all the girls who are waiting for their IUI, hughs and kisses

Victoria

Victorian Patch
#88 of 208 Old 01-16-2009, 06:40 PM

Victorian patch - good luck with your tww. Hope you get good results!!!

joyakshi - I see. I was told I had one of those (endometrioma) at one of my U/S since starting this whole IF drug process, but I think it must have just gone away. Do you still have yours? Isn't it a problem or no? I was trying to do research on it at the time and didn't really find much about them. Good luck to you.

eternalsunshine - So what is going on with you these days - just TWW-ing it???? How was the second IUI, everything go smooth??

To answer your question... I haven't been keeping very good track of my cycles over the past couple of months b/c we were kinda on hold, but they normally run anywhere from 28 - 30 days usually. AF showed up yesterday actually so i have my CD 3 U/S and blood draw scheduled for tomorrow morning and we will see what they say as to when the injections start and for how long. I'm a little nervous since these injections are all new to me. Guess having the meds in the fridge didn't help out my cause at all. Oh well!!!!

Good luck to everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

#89 of 208 Old 01-16-2009, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

blueyezz4, sorry about AF. I was hoping the refrigerated meds would bring you luck in an ironic type of way. Good luck w/the injections. I've given myself a few trigger shots, which is IM, and it's okay. Definitely not fun, but what part of IF is? I think yours aren't IM, right? That should be easier.

Victorian patch, good luck to you on your last tww. Hope it ends w/a BFP!

Nummies, how was the HSG?

AFM, IUI was very smooth. The nurse said my cervix was open so the timing was good. My DH's numbers were down today, 2.9 million placed, but 90% motility w/good forward movement again. TWW, here I come!
#90 of 208 Old 01-17-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalsunshine View Post
blueyezz4, sorry about AF. I was hoping the refrigerated meds would bring you luck in an ironic type of way. Good luck w/the injections. I've given myself a few trigger shots, which is IM, and it's okay. Definitely not fun, but what part of IF is? I think yours aren't IM, right? That should be easier.

AFM, IUI was very smooth. The nurse said my cervix was open so the timing was good. My DH's numbers were down today, 2.9 million placed, but 90% motility w/good forward movement again. TWW, here I come!
I've done trigger shots as well in the past and as far as I know, the gonal - F is in the same spot as a trigger shot (stomach) or at least that is the impression I'm under. I go tomorrow so i'm going to try and get a refresher on the whole thing since it has been like 2-3 months since i got the info. Good luck with your TWW!!!!! Hope it fly's by!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page