January IUIs - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 208 Old 01-21-2009, 12:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow naturalmom-congrats on the AF. That was soon. Gl with this cycle.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#122 of 208 Old 01-21-2009, 03:45 PM

Yay Chix99. Congrats.

The IUI was the 8th so today is dpo 13. I swore I wouldn't test until Saturday.

My new thermometer is supposed to be a basel. It was pink after all. It did say basel. The glass ones are calibrated so that you could more easily see the 1/10th of a degree. The diginal ones are supposed to be accurate to .01 but I didn't know that this one was to .02 until I got it open. I'm keeping it since we need a regular termometer anyway and I do like that it stores the last 5 numbers. (If all I can easily get is a digial thermometer that goes is .02 I might was well use one of those lolipop shaped vicks ones that I can read without my glasses. LOL) Anyway, the temerature fluxuations I'm seeing are beyond .02.
#123 of 208 Old 01-21-2009, 06:42 PM

DaisyMae08 - How did your IUI go? Hope everything went smooth. Do you feel all crampy after you have one done? I didn't my first time and then did my second. Made me think that the Dr (the 3rd person to try it that day) actually didn't get it in there right b/c the 2nd time it felt totally different. Do you normally go back to work after you have an IUI done? I kinda wish my clinic did double IUIs.. i think that is a great idea. So then your DH has to go in both mornings right?

natrualmom -You still out there??? What going on with you? Did the RE office ever get back to you? Hope you are well, just checking in on you!

Masel - Good luck with the rest of your TWW! Hope the rest flys by and you get your BFP in the end.:

chix99 - Thanks for the extra info you shared. It really helps and is very exciting to see this working for someone. Hope you are doing good.

AFM - I had my blood work and U/S this morning (CD 7) and there are a lot of follies in there!!!! She actually measured 5 of them that were over 10 and then there were 6 under 10 on one side and 4 under 10 on the other side. Is that a ton or does it just sound like a ton to me?? I guess this gonal F is really doing what it is suppose to. So now I have to go back again on Friday morning to do it all again. She thought maybe IUI on Monday, but said we would see how it all looks on Friday. I forgot to ask what my lining was, but it sure looked a lot thicker to me on the U/S than with my clomid cycles, so that is good. I sure hope they don't cancel my cycle b/c there are too many eggs!!! What do you guys think? Does this all sound normal???

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#124 of 208 Old 01-21-2009, 08:17 PM

blueyezz4, thanks for asking. Today's IUI went really well. I was worried at first because the nurse who hurt me last time initially called my name, but she sent someone else in to do the IUI and that lady said she put her name down to do my 2nd one tomorrow.

DH had his best numbers yet - 155mil pre-wash and 43mil post-wash with 55% motility and grade 3.

Sometimes I get crampy, sometimes I don't. I didn't really today. Just a little bit while the catheter was in.

DH does have to go in twice. We bring his sample in and then go out for breakfast or something for an hour and then go back for the IUI. He stays and comes in the room for the IUI which is nice. We started that the first time because I was so nervous, and now he likes to be there. We figure he can at least be in the room when we conceive. I don't go back to work afterwards. I teach high school and by the time we get back (the doctor is far from us) the school day is pretty much over.

Good luck with all your follies blueyezz4!
#125 of 208 Old 01-21-2009, 08:52 PM

Hello ladies.
I have not felt much like talking this 2ww. I've had 2 bfns and go tomorrow for a blood test I know will also be neg. I am slowly coming to terms with ivf, and our 8 failed ART cycles and crying quite a lot. We had our ivf consult and I'm set with the pharmacy, will put the order in after tomorrow's confirmation. Feeling quiet and scared.
Still checking on everyone and hoping for some good news, just not that into chatting.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#126 of 208 Old 01-21-2009, 09:01 PM

Oh Poetgirl, I'm sorry the last IUI didn't work. What a difficult decision it must be to move onto IVF. I'm thinking about you.
#127 of 208 Old 01-21-2009, 09:01 PM

Blueyyz4- Congrats!
Grow follies grow! So happy that monday may be the day!

I on the other hand am not responding as well. They doubled my dose today!
I will go back for my 4th u/s on friday and will have IUI on Saturday or Monday.

Poet-I am sorry that your are hurting. Please keep us posted!
#128 of 208 Old 01-21-2009, 09:03 PM

Daisy:
Congrats on your IUI and wishing you a quick 2ww!! and a BFP!
#129 of 208 Old 01-21-2009, 09:36 PM

Hi laci--What injects did they put you on? Sorry that they had to double your dose. Did they tell you how many follies you have?

For me I am thinking of switching to the other clinic in town. Alot of people told me they are good. I just don't want to make the same mistake again. I still have not heard from them about my OR date. I was told clearly last week not to call for the status on the date. I have no clue why they are dissing me. Dr. G is not doing the surgery. He referred me to DR. C an infertility surgeon. My first thought why would he not do my surgery. I know a few girls had surgery from DR. G but he somehow pawn me off to his collegue. Hmm something is really wrong here. I wish they could be honest with me. I thought their logo was honest, compassion and caring. I am debating on if I should email them what I think of this situation. I would never thought they would treat me like this. Basically, they have been jerking me around with this OR date. I wish they could tell me what the hold up is. I just want an honest answer from them.

Oh lacey did they do an HSG on you? If they did how did it go?

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#130 of 208 Old 01-21-2009, 09:59 PM

I am on gonal was 75 now 150 and .5 lupron, with baby aspirin.
They do not tell me much and this being my first time I am always unsure of what to ask!
Do you have a regular nurse there?
Maybe you could talk to her?
I have 3-4 good ones on the right but they need to grow more.
The left is just hanging out. There are several small ones but not viable.
Switching for me is not an option. I have state benefits and have to be seen in a center for excellence if I want full coverage and no copays.

I had an HSG with my GYN. Dr. Steir from Mondragon, McGrinder and I absolutely love him. He showed and explained that it all looked fine. I had a leep procedure but it did not result in scar tissue.

It is a DH issue
TMI** He has viseral(Thick) sperm End TMI**

I would absolutely make my feelings known and if that does not work or if you are not comfortable I would contact your PCP nurse or GYN nurse and ask them to help you with this.
OR
Call and tell them you will be switching if you are not contacted with the date in a timely manner.
They hate to lose money or clients. I would say if this is not taken care of I will be switching to "Peter Horvath". Do I need to come there and sign a release or can I do it from his office......
GL
#131 of 208 Old 01-21-2009, 10:36 PM

Laci--you are so lucky to have state benefits. I have good insurance but my monthly premiums are high. I can go mostly anywhere, but if I stray out of the network I have to pay 20% out of pocket. Mostly everything is covered except IVF.

I would love to tell them I want to go to Dr. Horath and tell them to send my records over there. Where do I sign? I am not sure they will be upset. I feel bad that I am talking bad about them while you are still getting treated by them. THis is just my personal experience so don't feel bad in anyway. I just don't know what the real issue they are hiding from me.

I had one nurse, the head of the egg donation program, was great. That was my first cd3 bw and us. The first visit was uneventful with her. When I had the us the us tech girl (she was ok) came in and told me I had 3 big cysts. SO that first month I was cancelled and was given bcp. They were ready to start me on clomid/tigger/IUI. OK fast foward my cysts are gone after the bcp and then I was told to start up with clomid. Then I was scheduled to do HSG. This is when sh...t hit the fan. So I saw only the one RN and the us tech girl. They were nice. I have talked to gre..(i hate using names here) on the phone she seems nice. I have no clue who told me on the phone to wait for them to call. She was mean. I didn't recognize the voice. But all in all there is no excuse for them to jerk me around. Its really uncalled far in this day of age. Unexcusable!

#132 of 208 Old 01-21-2009, 11:06 PM

Don't worry about what you say re CNY. I want you to feel comfortable enough to discuss your feelings. Call Gre** leave a message fir her and ask her. She will find out for you. She is really nice.
Ps that person may having been having a bad day....
#133 of 208 Old 01-21-2009, 11:13 PM

I just emailed gre.. I made my point across. I tried to keep it mellow. I hope she emails me back. Do you think they talk about our charts on Thursdays since they are only open half a day? She might tell the others that what they said to me in the past few weeks were uncalled for. Hmm, lets see how this is handled.

Oh I noticed there are alot of you IUIers in there 2ww. GL to all of you. I wish I was joining you lovely gals here.

#134 of 208 Old 01-22-2009, 12:15 AM

I am not sure. Keep me posted!you will be in the running soon
#135 of 208 Old 01-22-2009, 06:12 PM

Wgt- Posted to you in the One thread. Sorry for all this crpa.

Laci- Good luck with you U/S. Hope your eggies are growing nice and big.

Blue- When I hyperstimmed, my 10 day U/S didn't show too many. So I guess its not a direct correlation between too many little follies and a hyperstim cycle. Just guessing. Hope you have 2 nice big dominate follies soon. They may cancel if there are 3-4 or more dominate follies. Hoping not

Daisy- Oh good luck!!! What awesome numbers. Fingers crossed for you.

Masel- How are you?

AFM: Dumb 3 cm cyst: 18 days of BCP, its called Yaz, and its not suppose to depress me (yeah right) I hate all this crap The cyst is from the hyperstim cycle. Does this mean that I'll get BFP when I finally get another IUI?!?!?! In that case, we all should.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#136 of 208 Old 01-22-2009, 06:30 PM

If I'm dreaming up early pregnancy symptoms at least I'm dreaming up new ones this cycle. All day yesterday (dpo 13) I had a highly specific lower ab twinge. It would make me gasp on occasion. I had a tiny bit of spotting too. Today both are gone.

My periods are not like that at all. Hardly any cramps but all the moodiness you could ask for. When AF arrives she's THERE, no leaving messages at the door and wandering off for a day.

Bah. I do this every dpo 14! Get my hopes up.
#137 of 208 Old 01-22-2009, 06:34 PM

Masel- Hoping the twinge is a burrowing baby. Hang in there.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#138 of 208 Old 01-22-2009, 07:01 PM

Today's numbers were even better - 94 million post wash. I'm feeling really hopeful this month.
#139 of 208 Old 01-22-2009, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

DaisyMae08, wow, knock out numbers!!! Looking good for this cycle! Welcome to the tww.

Masel, maybe test tomorrow? I know you said you'd wait till Saturday, but at least you'd know if the symptoms are real. Hoping they are!

natrualmom, So sorry about the cyst. That really sucks. And just 3 cm. Bet it would've been bigger without the AP. Hope the next 18 days goes fast for you.

Chix99, congratulations! Happy and healthy nine months!

poetgirl, So sorry this cycle didn't work out. Good luck w/IVF.

wtg4miracle, another vote to change your clinic! I wouldn't put up w/them. I get frustrated just reading your posts so I can't imagine how you feel.

blueyezz4, I had only one u/s while on clomid right before the trigger. I had 6 follicles over 18 and a ton of small ones. My doctor was comfortable going ahead w/the cycle b/c we're dealing w/MF and my lining wasn't "ideal." I did worry about it but for not, none got fertilized and/or stuck. So I guess the decision also depends on why you're here in the first place. I don't know how many follicles my u/s would''ve showed a few days earlier.

joyakshi, how are you doing?

AFM, nothing new!
#140 of 208 Old 01-22-2009, 10:41 PM

Eternal- Remind me, are you in the 2ww? And I believe AP did prevent the cyst from being bigger, or more of them. Am going again Wed.

Daisy- WOW! Awesome numbers. You have superman sperm!!!

#141 of 208 Old 01-22-2009, 11:09 PM

wow : and my DH was proud about his 50's with 95% excelent quality send him our good luck :

Victorian Patch
*** thinking positive help my dreams come true ***
#142 of 208 Old 01-22-2009, 11:16 PM

DaisyMae--great numbers. I have not seen anyone that high of a number. I will be watching you closely

#143 of 208 Old 01-23-2009, 12:42 AM

DaisyMae-- Congrats on the great number of swimmers. Do you usually do two IUI'S?
-Sorry I have sooo many questions!

WTG did you here anything back yet?

Naturalmom- Sorry about the cyst.

Blue--Whats up cycle buddy when is your next appt.?

Hello to masel, victorian patch, poetgirl and anyone else I may have missed.

?-Can anyone recommend other threads to check out, there are so many and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations-Thankx.

AFM: U/S tomorrow, IUI Sat or Mon.......
#144 of 208 Old 01-23-2009, 01:18 AM

Laci--nothing yet. Not a peep out of them. I am having a crying fest now. DH and I decided to switch REs. Its very unprofessional of them. I will be calling them on Monday to let them know. Its been 5 weeks waiting and each time I call I get a nasty response from them. We about had it with them. I am so upset that we went to them. I should have gone with my first instinct with Albany IVF.

#145 of 208 Old 01-23-2009, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

wtg4miracle, glad you and your DH decided to switch. Try not to beat yourself up about going to this clinic in the first place. You didn't know what would happen. The important thing is to find a clinic that you like and that is not mean to you when you call. I mean, come on. And making you wait five weeks? I'd file a report on them wherever I could. You deserve much better than this. FWIW, we started at another clinic and then transferred after four months. I'm mad at losing that time but in the end I know it was better for us to go somewhere else.

natrualmom, I'm smack dab in the middle of the tww. May get my progesterone checked tomorrow, but it's always been normal and my clinic wouldn't start me on prometrium until a positive beta anyway. How bad is that? Why even bother spending $96 on the test and driving half an hour each way if they aren't going to treat a low progesterone level? So, as I type this I've decided, no bw tomorrow. Thanks MDC boards, you just saved me $100!
#146 of 208 Old 01-23-2009, 10:27 AM

Thanks eternal--dh will be calling them himself today to complain. It plain sucks. I couldn't even sleep last night I was so upset and crying. The ironic thing they were so nice in the beginning. Very nice but once it got to this point in scheduling surgery heck broke loose. We are stunned that we thought we were going to get help and not this happens. We are wondering why "the higher ups" are doing this to us. We are trying to figure out what the reasoning behind this is.

The only problem now is there is one other RE in the area. After him we will go to NYC. I told dh at least give it a try and then move on. I was told the other clinic is good.

I never thought it would come down to this.

#147 of 208 Old 01-23-2009, 10:36 AM

WTG.

Had my IUI yesterday. Although I am not sure that we timed it right. My temp didn't jump this morning, so I am betting that I am ovulating today.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#148 of 208 Old 01-23-2009, 11:43 AM

Nummies, it is far better to have done the IUI a day early than a day late! The swimmers will still be there waiting for the egg. And definitely dtd today. I've got my fingers crossed for you!!!

WTG, I am SO glad to hear that your husband will be calling the office. I've been thinking not nice things about your doctor's office but was reserving comment. Whatever their response, remember that you need to feel comfortable and confident about your doctor.

Laci, I always do two IUIs. That's the protocol my doctor uses. So I triggered on Tuesday night and then did IUIs Wednesday and Thursday.

DH's numbers were fabulous - superman sperm indeed! When we first saw the RE and he was looking over the results of all of our testing, he told DH that he has He-man sperm. I am really hoping for success this month. With DH's numbers and my best lining yet (8mm on CD 11), I think this month gives us the best chance at success we've had so far even though I only have one egg this time.
#149 of 208 Old 01-23-2009, 02:32 PM

WTG--Albany IVF has great reviews! I am now going to be more cautious with CNY. I too, do not think that they treated you well. I totally agree with Daisy, once your trust with the DR is shattered you cannot continue to see them. I really wanted to say something to them today!
:

AFM: IUI tomorrow at 9:45 am. I have three mature follicles. Is that good?
I will keep you posted
#150 of 208 Old 01-23-2009, 03:05 PM

Laci--Its weird that you know me via internet and we go to the same place. It must of been hard for you to keep shut. Your follies are great and the right amount of numbers. Its just right, not to little and not to many. Read my post below. I might just stay with them a little bit.

xposted to let you gals know what is up:

I have an Or date. Third week in February. Dh called them and asked them what is the hold up etc. They were really nice to him and told him that I was already scheduled. He told them why didn't they call me. She said they should have called me. The head nurse wanted names involved in who treated me wrongly. I figure I will go for the surgery, a very good surgeon. I don't want to mess that up.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page