January IUIs - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-02-2009, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay natrualmom, I'll take the bait and start the January thread. Maybe it'll change my luck.

Welcome everyone to the new thread and the new year. Hoping our wishes, prayers and dreams come true this year, and that we're all in the pregnancy or infant forums by year's end. I carried over much of the info from the December thread but I'm new to this so please let me know of any changes/updates/or anything you want.

: Waiting for O :
tomanygirls-IUI #1

: Waiting to know-2WW :
Laci
Blueyezz4
Nummies
Becky8824-IUI #1
DaisyMae-IUI #3 letrazole
Eternalsunshine-IUI #6
Victorian Patch
Masel
joyakshi-IUI

: Waiting to be ready :
Natrualmom- IUI#6, lots of drugs
Lissame-TTC#1, IUI #2
Attached2Mason
Wgt4miracle
Needle in the Hay

Graduates!!!!!!!!!!
Faye0- IUI #7-no meds
DM360-TTC 2 years, IUI#3 injectibles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2009, 06:14 PM

Thanks Sunshine!!!! Not that I mind, but maybe taking over will be a stroke of luck for you!!

Follie study today, 2 14 mm and 1 10mm, lining good. Continue on gonal-f until Monday at 0815 for follie study. I feel good about this because I had NO ewcm yet, so I knew I wasn't quite ready. Also, I think my gonal-f pen was leaky and told the doc, so now, (after tons of trouble) I got a new one. I did take my last dose out of the leaky pen by another syringe to dose myself today. Hows everyone else?

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Old 01-02-2009, 08:30 PM

Still lurking here. I wish I was participating in IUIs but hopefully next month I can join in. I wish all of you gl this month. So I am still waiting to be ready.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
Old 01-02-2009, 11:20 PM

I'll be lurking here also to see how everyone is. We are moving to IVF this cycle. I wish you all the best of luck and lots of baby dust.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

Old 01-04-2009, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Wtg -- Sorry you're waiting. Hopefully you'll hear soon re:the surgery.

Momtoalexis -- Sorry the IUIs didn't work. Hopefully IVF will do what the IUIs failed to do -- get you pregnant!

natrual -- Looks like it's you and me for now. Hope you're having a good, relaxing weekend. Let me know how Monday's scan goes.

AFM -- I'm 15dpo but feel like I'm going to start AF any minute now. I'm tempted to go buy a pregnancy test to POAS but I'll just be more upset w/myself when AF arrives right after I test. I tend to be a couple days late when I trigger. Does this happen w/anyone else?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:47 AM

I am 2 dpiui, but maybe 3 dpo...nothing really going on yet. I really wish I knew if any of my cycles at least resulted in fertilization. I think I will probably test on Saturday since I bought a bunch of internet cheapies (depending on my temperatures). This month my temperatures both pre and post O have been lower than any other cycles. I am not really sure what this means (if anything). DH likes it when different stuff happens in a cycle, because in his mind the past didn't work, so something different could be a good thing. I really can't fault his logic!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

Old 01-04-2009, 11:18 AM

I'm here. In the 2WW now, but waiting for AF to show up. I know it's coming. Not sure what the plans are for next cycle.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 01-04-2009, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Bellybean -- My husband has the same logic! The same isn't working so if something new happens maybe that'll end up being our missing link, so to speak. Or maybe you're colder during the night b/c of the winter temperature?

nummies -- Good luck. What cycle day are you?

AFM -- Yep, AF came this morning. Although I'm as upset as every other month, in a way I'm a little relieved. I had a bad stomach virus right after I ovulated and I couldn't eat or take any folic acid for almost a week. I would've worried.

Not sure what our plan is this month. I'm thinking totally natural. I just have this feeling that when I triggered this month I wasn't quite ready. The follicle was large enough but I didn't have any ewcm and my follicle is usually larger and my lining thicker before I trigger. I don't know, just didn't feel right when they told me to trigger, kwim?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:38 PM

Eternal - so sorry about AF showing! I have thought 2 of my 3 IUI's have been poorly timed and in some way I wonder that if we had been trying on our own if we would have had better luck!

What's really crazy about my temperature is that I am waking up sweating, I keep thinking it will be 100+, but it is lower than ever. Weird huh. Only 3-4 dpo so I am not assuming it has anything to do with maybe being pregnant

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

Old 01-05-2009, 01:24 AM

Eternalsunshine - Thanks for starting the January thread! As much as I'd like to join you guys in an IUI this month, I'm taking a cycle off Tried clomid for the first time in December and it thinned my uterine lining terribly, so I'm giving it a month to thicken back up before trying letrazole or injectibles in February. So, please move me to waiting to be ready. Lots of luck to all in this new year!

Melissa - 38, happy wife to Jeff and proud mother to Max & Thea, born Feb 2010
Old 01-05-2009, 12:08 PM

eternal- I am 12DPO today. Trying to make a plan for the future.

I have a question for you ladies that knew Clomid thinned your lining...How did you know? Was your AF just really light? I am waiting to get AF from my first Clomid cycle and want to be sure of what I should look for. Thanks!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 01-05-2009, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

lissame72 -- Sorry you have to take a month off. Hopefully it'll be a nice, relaxing month for you.

nummies -- I took clomid once and it thinned my lining to "just barely acceptable but not good." I knew b/c when they checked my follicles before triggering the u/s showed the thin lining. Did you have an u/s then? For what it's worth, my period was really light that month, like barely a day compared to my usual 2-3 day periods.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:55 PM

eternal- I didn't have an u/s to check my follicles. Just used OPKs to detect surge, then went in for the IUI.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 01-05-2009, 03:30 PM

Nummies- With Clomid notorious reputation of thinning lining, I am suprised your clinic did not moniter it! How are you feeling in the 2WW?

Lissame- Uterine lining is really resiliant and can fluctuate greatly cycle to cycle. Hope your next cycle is good, and good thinking not using clomid again.

BB- Did you take letrazole or clomid this cycle? Letrazole gave me night sweats well into the 2WW. Hopefully, it means other things for you!!!

Eternal- So sorry!!! AF sucks.

AFM: Slight quandry. I have 3 ready follies, 2 smaller but may trigger follies. Waiting to hear my estrodial. Had a good conversation with my doc re: multiples. The difference this cycle is I am using DI, not poor sperm, so there is a good chance this could work and be multiples. So, if he allows, do I trigger? Hoping to hear from him soon to iron this out.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Old 01-05-2009, 03:45 PM

naturalmom- Doing ok. 12DPO today and expecting AF in a couple days. I am sure that this cycle is a bust. PMS is back to haunt me again. ugh... As far as your situation, hmmm, I would probably go for it. How do you feel about having multiples?

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 01-05-2009, 03:51 PM

Hi All.

Eternal and Nummies, I really hope AF stays away.

Num, Clomid and Lining, well, I guess I was just told from the get-go that Clomid often thins your lining and not to do more than 3 cycles at a time with it. If you are taking progesterone in LP, this can help build it up. Sorry you are just finding out about this now. Doesn't always happen, but often it seems.

Nat, Personally I would trig, but I don't have any kids and would love multiples. How big were the 3? Looking forward to an update from you.

AFM...Long, sorry, Had my follie scan today too. Quick update...so the other 2 follisitm cycles I developed an 18 mm egg by cycle day 7 and we were never sure if it was viable. This time I took Lupron injetions also to suppress ovulation and hopefully extend my FP and give me an IUI after day 10. Well, f'in a, it's day 7 and there's an 18 mm dom. follicle again. I also had like 6 between 10-14mm, 7 less than 8mm and a 28mm corp. luteum cyst that was not there 5 days ago. WTF? I could not have ovulated because I'm on the darn Lupron. We'll see what the estradiol comes back as. The worst part is that we are all very afriad this is what will happen in an ivf cycle...I'll get one fast dominant follie and all my other follies won't be able to catch up and it will get canceled. I don't get it. I don't know anyone else who has this problem. I have the follicles. I have a great antral foll. count. Why do I have one super fast follicle? I came home and got back in bed and DH just held me for a really long time. They're talking IUI Fri. but the 18 mm will be like 26 by then, right? I'm so confused. Any advice?
Thanks for listening.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 01-05-2009, 03:51 PM

Got my progesterone results back....28.

This is the first time that I have had this test. Any thoughts?

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 01-05-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
Got my progesterone results back....28.

This is the first time that I have had this test. Any thoughts?
That is a great #. Very strong. Did you have the test when you were 7 dpo?

Old 01-05-2009, 04:02 PM

Yes, 7DPO. The lab person didn't go into any details about it. Just gave me the number. Trying to find stuff online, but can't find much. Thanks Poet!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 01-05-2009, 05:08 PM

Poet- Wow, can't they just trigger to catch that dominant follicle? then you could have at least 1 18mm to work with. I have read that if they are too big (26mm) they will be too old. Have you heard that too? And whats up with the cyst? How exactly can they tell by U/S thats its a cyst vs. follie? I had a something growing outside my ovary today...doc wan't certian what it was. What was your daily Folsitim dose? What it that was decreased? UGGGG...why is nothing ever easy????

Nummies- Any progesterone level over 10 is enough to sustain a pregnancy. 5 or more indicates ovulation. And it seems to be higher if you were on clomid/letrazole. (more corpus luteums, maybe?)

Nummies- Its not over till AF intrudes!

AFM- Got my estrodial results, 846, so my doc says there looks to be 3-4 ready follies. My doc has been doing infertility for a million years and he said he has only 2 selective reductions, 2 sets of triplets, and a boat load of twins. I can handle twins, so we are going for it. Lets see my superman sperm work!

Old 01-05-2009, 05:15 PM

YAY naturalmom!!!!!!! I just have a really good feeling about this for you!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 01-05-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalsunshine View Post
: Waiting to be ready :
Lissame-TTC#1, IUI #2
Attached2Mason
Wgt4miracle
Needle in the Hay
Blueyezz4
Happy New Year to every one

waiting to be ready is waiting for the new period to start stimulation???

if it is that, I'm not there ,
it must be arrived on the first day of the year but it doesn't,
I did the home test and absolutely negative
I feel that is coming, I wish it comes soon or not coming ???

Victorian Patch
*** thinking positive help my dreams come true ***
Old 01-05-2009, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

natrualmom - I'd go for it too! Good luck to you! I also have a good feeling about your cycle. Triggering tonight?

nummies - Good progesterone level.

poetgirl - Is your doctor waiting till Friday to give the smaller follicles time to mature? Not sure how it works when you have one really large follicle and you're on injectables. But maybe by Friday the large one will be too big but the three slightly smaller ones will be mature and a good size?

victorian patch - Sorry you're still waiting. But maybe you're pregnant and it's just not showing up on the stick? Are you taking progesterone? Can you call your clinic? BTW, the "waiting to be ready" list is of women who are taking a short break from TTC. After you start your period you are "waiting for O (ovulation)."
Old 01-05-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrualmom View Post
Poet- Wow, can't they just trigger to catch that dominant follicle? then you could have at least 1 18mm to work with. I have read that if they are too big (26mm) they will be too old. Have you heard that too? And whats up with the cyst? How exactly can they tell by U/S thats its a cyst vs. follie? I had a something growing outside my ovary today...doc wan't certian what it was. What was your daily Folsitim dose? What it that was decreased? UGGGG...why is nothing ever easy????

AFM- Got my estrodial results, 846, so my doc says there looks to be 3-4 ready follies. My doc has been doing infertility for a million years and he said he has only 2 selective reductions, 2 sets of triplets, and a boat load of twins. I can handle twins, so we are going for it. Lets see my superman sperm work!
I have good feeling about this for you too Nat! Go super sperm! When is your IUI??

Here's what we decided for me. My estradiol was freakin' 1100.
Something's going on in there.
So...we are triggering tomorrow night and IUI Thurs. That way the 13.5ers can hopefully get toward 18 and the 18 hopefully won't be more than 22ish. I don't actually remember how many 13ers I had. I think it was a 14, 13.5 and a 13. These scan days turn into a blur.

Nat Mom, It's my understanding that over 24 is not so hot.
The cyst looks very diff. from a follicle which is clear inside (i.e. not ruptured). This one has a streak of white across it like a comet where it looks ruptured and filled with new fluid/material.
My protocol was not very diff. from before.
First cycle 75 iu of foll. for 4 days. Trigger 5th day
Sec. cycle 50 iu foll for 3 days 75 iu for 2 days. Trigger 6th day
This cycle was 75 iu for 6 days. Trigger 7th day.
At least I'm on Lupron so I know I won't ovulate the big one early.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:23 PM

Poet- Even tho you are responding super early-your follies may be mature, as your estrodial is always higher. However, if you went to IVF, are you at risk of overstimulation/OHSS? Just wondering cuz my doc says he worries if the estrodial goes over 2000. I bet the IVF ladies knows this better than I. Glad you are triggering tomorrow so you can catch your big follie and some of the smaller ones too. How do you feel about multiples? Oh yeah, we will be cycle buddies too!!!

VictorianPatch- Welcome and hope your short here is short!!

AFM- Going over to my friends in one hour for the trigger. IUI Wed morning. My doc says he will be there to do it so no evil @#$% assults me with a tenaculum!! Thanks for everyones support and feeling that this is my cycle. I kind of feel it too, which could make the disappointment that much bitter. One day at a time....

Old 01-05-2009, 10:34 PM

Naturalmom, This is my last clomid cycle (before IVF), and I normally only get the night sweats when I am taking the pills. I don't have too much hope for this cycle because better ones have failed in the past and I don't have ANY symptoms at all...I know I shouldn't yet, but I always have some even if they always end up being PMS symptoms.

Nummies - great progesterone!!!

Poet - I hope your "modified" plan for this cycle is successful and you have several follies at just the right size!

Old 01-06-2009, 12:43 PM

Ooh I'll be thinking about you Naturalmom. You too Poet!

I decided to poas this morning. I hate just waiting for someone else to tell me after my blood test. I feel like I should really know before anyone else does. BFN. I kind of thought that as I've been crampy for the last several days. I'm going to stop the progesterone so I can just get AF over with and start the next cycle.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:06 PM

Daisy- So sorry hun. I am right there with you, AF should be here tomorrow. Ugh...

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 01-06-2009, 04:48 PM

DAISY- So sorry.

Loving life with DH, DD-8/98lady.gif, & our miracle twins 12/4/10babyboy.gifbabygirl.gif after 3 IVF's and 3 yrs TTC

Old 01-06-2009, 05:03 PM

Thanks ladies. I know you all understand how I feel. I had a feeling things would go this way. Our timing was a little late since I was already ovulating by the time I went in for the ultrasound. And DH's numbers were not as good as they usually are. This month I will be going in a day earlier for the ultrasound so we don't have that situation again.

So, now I'm just waiting for AF. I think I'm still supposed to do the blood test on Thursday though. Should I call them and cancel that? It seems silly to go since I already know...

User Tag List