Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2009, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama View Post
beta dropped. Now I wait to bleed. I'm wrecked.
I'm so so sorry.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Thx for the love and support ladies. I'm doing ok. We're talking about doing another FET as soon as possible, so that's good, right? I'm doing ok today. I'm sure i'll be a mess when I start bleeding tho.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:12 AM

Hope you are doing okay today, chiromama. Go easy on yourself.

I had my u/s today, lining is at 12.7mm, so ET is set for next Wednesday. I am still sick, and worried about it, although the RE says being sick has no effect on success rates (hard to believe). I have cleared my schedule for next week to get well and then take it easy after ET.

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
Old 02-14-2009, 01:08 PM

korin - im still thinking of you and sending big hugs. it's great you'll be able to do another FET asap! fingers crossed for you that the next one takes!

CRM - great lining!! good luck on weds! how many are you transferring?

i have a question for ya'll: how many days after your FET is your beta scheduled? i did a 5dt, but my beta isn't scheduled for two full weeks after transfer. with my fresh cycle, it was 9 days after transfer (5 day blast + 9 days of waiting = normal 14dpo). i thought beta would be 9 days after my FET too, so i was surprised i have a full TWW. why is it different for a fresh vs. frozen cycle? can anyone shed light on this? will a HPT work at 9dp5dt? i'm itching to POAS as soon as it would work! any advice is appreciated.

~sarah
Old 02-14-2009, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

I'm guessing they schedule the beta later with an FET because as my nurse said, sometimes frozen embies can be slow starters. I had mine on 10dp5td and it was low.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 02-15-2009, 02:20 AM

On the last FET thread someone posted this:
this is what happens in a 3dt :

1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT

this is what happens in a 5dt :

-1dpt ..embryo is growing and developing
0dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
6dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT

I don't know why they would make you wait the full 2 weeks. I think they are mostly covering their butts and don't want to send you for b/w until they can guarantee it will be conclusive. How's the 2ww going? I am still really sick, blech.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:22 PM

thanks korin & crm for the info. looks like i'd be at the "5dpt.. Morula is completely implanted in the lining and has placenta cells & fetal cells" stage, if things are alive and well in there.

im doing okay, other than having a really, really, really sore butt from the PIO injections. they are crippling me this time around...it hurts when i sit, stand, lie down - i can't get comfortable no matter what i do. i want to take handfuls of tylenol, but i am just suffering through the pain, unwilling to take any more meds than necessary (just in case).

hope everyone is having a nice weekend!!

~sarah
Old 02-15-2009, 02:38 PM

I forgot to update on Fridays appt. She was my lining was still pretty thin and the new follicles are not yet ready for a trigger, so I go back on Tuesday for another bw/us check. I'm not sure why she's keeping me off meds. It's making me feel like it's never gonna happen if we're waiting on a natural cycle! But she doesn't seem too concerned.

So I definitely won't be triggering on Monday, which puts my transfer date off by at least a couple days. I'm just trying not to get impatient or worrying about what my body is doing in the meantime. At least it gives me a couple more days to work on reorganizing my house before I'm confined to a bed and helplessly staring at it all.

Korin: How are you doing? Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping you can try again soon.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry for the delays, tara. each day seems like an eternity, no?

Sarah, do you do ice/heat with your PIO? you might be off the mark if you're that sore. I had one shot from Ryan that was SOOOO sore, then the next time i saw the nurse she drew circles where he should be poking me and he was off by an inch.

I just started bleeding today. Cramping too. fun. not.

Old 02-15-2009, 08:39 PM

korin - thanks for the advice. i just handed my partner the illustration from the doc of where to give the PIO shots and had her reevaluate. we are going to move tonight's shot. hope that does the trick, something's gotta give! im sorry you started bleeding/cramping today. will you start bcps right away?

tara - im chanting "grow follies grow" for you. is the trigger shot the only med you'll be given this cycle? any post ovulation progesterone supplements? my doc didn't even discuss with us the option of doing a natural FET cycle. i kind of wish he had, everything feels very artificial with the meds. im afraid if i miss a pill or shot, everything will fall apart.

~ sarah
Old 02-15-2009, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

We didn't do bcp before. I don't know if they will let us do this cycle or if we should wait. I'll call tomorrow.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:38 PM

Other than bcp and the trigger, I had to take Femara for five days and I'll have to take PIO and I have some estrogen they gave me too. But no word when any of those start.

Funny that you feel you're doing too much and I feel I'm not doing enough! Like how the heck can all this crazy stuff possibly work *without* all the crazy drugs to accompany it??
Old 02-17-2009, 12:02 AM

Howdy folks.
How are you doing Korin?

Hope your butt feels better by now, Sarah, that sounded harsh.

I know what you guys mean about the meds, I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders about it, then I actually did forget my last estrace last night, eeeeeek.

The lab called today and they only had to thaw 2 embies to get 2 to tranfer, which is very good news. They still might not develop properly, but then they can thaw a day 3 on Wedneday morning if necessary. I have one more day 1 and five more day 3's frozen. That makes me feel better because I am totally fretting because I am still really sick. I am so worried that being sick will effect the cycle, but not worried enough to cancel at this late stage. I think I will take dd to daycare all day tomorrow and just rest rest rest. I miss being with her, but I am also a big spaz, so she is not at her happiest with me these days anyways. IF stress + the flu does not good parenting make.

Hope y'all are well and taking care.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:15 AM - Thread Starter

Glad you have two thawed!! woot!
Sara how is your butt?

I'm doing pretty good. the bleeding was pretty heavy this AM, but tapered off mid afternoon with a nap. I ended up canceling most of my patients and just getting in bed. The cramping wasn't bad at all but the gushing blood and clots were... blech.

However... i have my follow up hCG test tomorrow and then a consult with the Dr. on March 3rd to discuss our next cycle. Nurse said that they require you take a cycle off, so when i start my natural period I can go again. soooo if all goes well, I'll bleed mid march and we'll transfer the beginning of April. : I'm trying to get hopeful.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:27 AM

tara - you have a u/s this morning, right? im thinking of you and hoping your follies and lining look perfect!

crm - that's great news that they only had to thaw 2! i hated losing one of mine at thawing wishing you lots and lots of luck tomorrow!!

korin - wishing you good luck tomorrow too. hope your hcg level is where it should be. an april/springtime transfer sounds great, glad to hear you don't have to wait any longer.

hi to everyone i missed.

~sarah
Old 02-17-2009, 02:18 PM

Chiromama, I am SO SO SORRY and I totally know how you feel. When I read that your beta dropped, my heart sank. We went through the same thing during our fresh cycle and then the last cycle didnt take at all but we are praying for a miracle this time! This is such an emotional rollercoaster and I am so sorry to hear about it....but we will hope and pray for you on this next cycle!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:29 PM

Yes another u/s this morning. She was a bit worried last us and thought she might have to cancel this month if things weren't moving along. But she said everything was progressing...lining at 8, follicle at 12 and something about a triple something or other?

I asked her about the natural cycle vs. medicated cycle. She explained that she sees higher success rates this way than the other way. She also mentioned it's still a fairly new thing to do a natural cycle and she's worked with doctors who had never done them. I do still feel like I'm not doing enough but I'm glad that it's helping me feel less wonky (all the wonkiness this time is strictly mental!).

Anyway, I go back this Thursday. She thinks I'll probably trigger on Thursday, so I'd transfer next Thursday. I asked her if we could make this Thursday appt for the morning because I'm suppose to go rock climbing in the afternoon. She gave me this shocked and bothrd look and I thought maybe she was afraid of heights so I assured her it was indoors and we are properly tied in. No, she thought I meant schedule the TRANSFER in the morning so I could go rock climbing afterwards!!

On a side note, I've been trying to get my house organized and yard stuff done and have been having people (who don't know what we're doing) asking me why I'm in such a rush. Oops. It's been difficult to keep this whole thing private. I've even regretted teling some people since they apparently don't know the menaing of the word "private". Anyone else keeping it under wraps at all?
Old 02-17-2009, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

I kept it under wraps... sort of. i just wasn't as vocal as I was with my fresh cycle.

so my hCG from today was 0. all done. bleh.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
The cramping wasn't bad at all but the gushing blood and clots were... blech.

However... i have my follow up hCG test tomorrow and then a consult with the Dr. on March 3rd to discuss our next cycle. Nurse said that they require you take a cycle off, so when i start my natural period I can go again.
We did a FET in December and got a BFN, the first period was pretty ucky, which kind of makes sense because of the meds they have us and what they do. I hope you are doing okay, keep in touch alright? Having to wait is annoying, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSister View Post
I've even regretted teling some people since they apparently don't know the menaing of the word "private". Anyone else keeping it under wraps at all?
Yeah, I'm going rock climbing after my ET, too! What a coincidence!! Hahahahaha.
All IF related info is top secret around here. I have only one IRL friend in the know and I don't tell family. Partly this is due to dh's wishes (we have MF, so it is about him and he doesn't want to think about people discussing his SPERM, kwim?). And partly because I didn't want to waste my emotional energy dealing with stupid comments and having to explain every little thing to people. I don't regret not telling, and I'm sure glad I found MDC!

Hi TX, I've been wondering how you are doing? On the crazy drugs yet?

I'm still sick, kind of wheezing now. Ack, so wish I was healthy right now. ET is tomorrow!!!

Old 02-18-2009, 12:26 AM

tara ~ great lining! 8 is the magic number for my RE. i love the image of going rock climbing after a transfer! that would be so rock star! yes, i am struggling with the loss of privacy this cycle. we hadn't told anyone in my family about any of this for years. then, after my miscarriage, i blabbed. now, EVERYONE knows. they have been supportive, but i totally regret telling.

korin ~ big hugs. it totally sucks to have to see the hcg drop.

crm ~ good luck tomorrow!! i'll be thinking of you!

well ladies, we have some good news over here. i took a hpt this morning (at 7dp a 5/6dt). it was positive! i'm mostly just feeling scared and guarded. i can't bear another loss. beta isn't scheduled until next tuesday (though i don't put much stock in those -- our numbers were great last time and doubled perfectly, and the pregnancy still ended). anyhow, im trying my very best to be positive and send good vibes for this one to stick around. any spare good vibes ya'll have lying around would be appreciated . . . send stickiness my way!

~ sarah
Old 02-18-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeecharmer View Post
any spare good vibes ya'll have lying around would be appreciated . . . send stickiness my way!
You got 'em!!!

Old 02-18-2009, 01:54 AM

Here they are:

: : : :

Old 02-18-2009, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

WOOT Sarah! sticky vibes your way. :

I'll keep in touch... we're going for another FET late march early april.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:25 AM

Sarah, sending lots of good thoughts your way! ::

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
Old 02-18-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeecharmer View Post
well ladies, we have some good news over here. i took a hpt this morning (at 7dp a 5/6dt). it was positive!
: : : : Sarah : : : :

Now you make me want to test : since my beta is next Tuesday as well. I know what you mean about the perfect doubling numbers for a lost pregnancy. I'm taking the view that the universerse would NOT do that again. (picture me shaking my first at the sky)

CRM I'll be thinking of you today! May you be able to shake your illness, have a smooth transfer and settle in for your bedrest.

Korin More your way. If I'm not pregnant, we'll also be doing a second try in April, but fresh.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 02-19-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:

I'll keep in touch... we're going for another FET late march early april.
I didn't want to ask if you had more frozen, that's good news. Well, silver lining good. How are you doing? Hope you are taking good care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
Now you make me want to test : since my beta is next Tuesday as well. I know what you mean about the perfect doubling numbers for a lost pregnancy. I'm taking the view that the universerse would NOT do that again. (picture me shaking my first at the sky)

CRM I'll be thinking of you today! May you be able to shake your illness, have a smooth transfer and settle in for your bedrest.
I have faith that the universe will NOT do that you again. Let us know if/when you cave and POAS. Thanks for the good thoughts. I am still sick and my dh is a bit fed up (he is taking up the slack for childcare).

ET went fine, the worst for me is the pushing down on my full bladder for a good u/s picture. My dh was with me this time (last time I opted for leaving him home with dd). I had accupuncture before and after and the accupuncturist encorages "home rest", meaning don't stay in bed the whole time, but just take it easy at home. I sort of did a combo so far. Lots of TV Only 13 more days until the blood test! I am drinking green tea and pineapple juice, anyone know of any other hokey things that are supposed to help implantation?

Old 02-20-2009, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrunningmama View Post
I am drinking green tea and pineapple juice, anyone know of any other hokey things that are supposed to help implantation?
Well...I've heard that standing on your head while smelling dirty socks can help. But, seriously, a friend believes that having a babie's dirty diaper under the bed is good luck. :

I'm glad to hear the transfer went well. Pooh on your dh complaining. It will only be a little bit longer. Although, my dd did get an awful lot of tv and movies when I was resting.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 02-20-2009, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
Well...I've heard that standing on your head while smelling dirty socks can help. But, seriously, a friend believes that having a babie's dirty diaper under the bed is good luck. :

Good luck for what? Roaches?

I don't have much time to type but just wanted to say my lining was almost 10, my follies looked good and I trigger tonight!! (EEP!) That puts my transfer at next Thursday. 10am to be exact.

I start PIO on Sunday (another EEP!). I'm getting nervous/excited. And totally stalling on that trigger shot tonight.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:48 AM

Do they have to be my own socks? Dh's are smellier. The rock climbing was fun, maybe that'll help.

Organicsister, how exciting! And then you'll stop hauling rocks around your garden, right?

User Tag List