February IVF - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 184 Old 02-14-2009, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats, Bellybean! Wow, that's a lot of eggs! Awesome!

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#122 of 184 Old 02-14-2009, 12:48 PM

Day 2 Post ER - most of the pain from the retrieval has subsided, however the more uncomfortable symptoms have started getting worse. The bloating, constipation (picking up those prunes today CRM!), and dehydration. I was planning on transfering 2 blasts (if we have them), but am seriously considering just 1 to lower the chances of severe OHSS.

Julia's Mom, I can see why you didn't want to go through this again. I hope you get your BFP with the IUI. I am praying with 29 eggs, we have enough make it to 5 day blasts so this can be my last trip down this road!

Thanks for being here for me ladies, not sure how I would be doing if I was on my own!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#123 of 184 Old 02-14-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
I am sorry I was a bit busy yesterday. I got my results, and I have a BFP! The beta level was 150, and they want it to be at least 50 and preferably at least 100. My next test will be on Monday (they wanted to do it Sunday, but that's ds's birthday).
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! There is definitely a BFP streak going on here
#124 of 184 Old 02-14-2009, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post
Day 2 Post ER - most of the pain from the retrieval has subsided, however the more uncomfortable symptoms have started getting worse. The bloating, constipation (picking up those prunes today CRM!), and dehydration. I was planning on transfering 2 blasts (if we have them), but am seriously considering just 1 to lower the chances of severe OHSS.
Continue to take it really easy. I remember any physical strain, especially on the abdomen area, would renew the pain and discomfort. That was a lot of eggs for your body to handle. I hope you continue to feel better each day, but still don't overdue it if you do. Remember the goal, if you get that baby, it's all worth it. As uncomfy as it is, I'm ready to do it again in April if this iui doesn't work, which it will!

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#125 of 184 Old 02-15-2009, 12:46 PM

3 Days post ER - Feeling much much better!!! Still bloated and constipated, but there is not as much pain associated with it, and I am able to move around around easily. Now, I am just worried it is the calm before the real storm! I can see how you feel fine by ET and then things go really haywire. If you didn't know what to expect, it seems like full recovery is just around the corner, and ET seems like a great idea!

Added: So my doctor didn't call yesterday to give us an update on the embies. I am hoping no news is good news. If we did a 3 day transfer it would be today, so you would think he would have called yesterday to schedule??? :

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#126 of 184 Old 02-15-2009, 03:41 PM

: Just heard from the RE, 28 of the 29 made it to day 3 and are looking good. They are all 6 or more cells and 2 are at a day 4 stage (Morula). We have decided to freeze 12 today in case any problems arise before transfer and also in case the blasts don't freeze/thaw well. It is the most conservative approach...and doing my best to avoid another ER!

#127 of 184 Old 02-16-2009, 01:20 AM

Congrats, BellyBean, sounds great! Hope it continues to go well.

For the constipation, I've found magnesium citrate to work wonders (Ionic Fizz, Natural Calm). Really loosens things up.

#128 of 184 Old 02-16-2009, 04:18 PM

I get my second beta results in around 2-3 hours. On pins and needles here!

#129 of 184 Old 02-16-2009, 06:44 PM

So, I got my news -- BFP! Beta was 598, which they say is good. Now I wait for the 6 week u/s next week. Boy, thought the 2ww was tough, but it was nothing compared with this!

#130 of 184 Old 02-16-2009, 09:21 PM

Julia'sMom - Thank you so much for the awesome welcome! Thank you also for listing everyone's cycles and where they're at (one of your earlier posts). I thought my doc said I would start Lupron on CD 21 which is 2/22 for me. But now that I look at my paperwork, I see that he has me starting on 2/23 which is CD22. I'll call the nurseline tomorrow to see if this is an error. DH and I just finished going through all of the many hoops you described in a much earlier post. I know exactly what you mean and feel like we've already been through so much just to get to this point and we haven't even started IVF meds yet! Keeping tabs on you and hoping you get your BFP without having to do IVF! :

Joyakshi - Congrats on your BFP!!!! : It's so inspiring to read stories like yours. Just when you think it won't happen...it does!

Bellybean - Thanks so much for the warm welcome!!! I am relieved to hear about the Lupron shots being easy. Whew!! But, I do not look forward to the IM shots later in the cycle. YIKES! Peaceful thoughts to you on ET day and fingers crossed for you! : I am addicted to your posts and can't wait to find out about YOUR BFP!!

Poetgirl - Thank you for your well wishes!! We are now just waiting for the Day 21 prog test to see if we can start Lupron.

Pookietooth - Big congrats on your BFP!! And also on your second BETA!!! Your story is so inspiring. :

LuckyIVF - I was really sad reading your Feb posts and hearing about your bloodwork. You might not be on here right now but in case you are, hoping you are well and wishing you peace and the strength to do whatever seems right to you.

As for me, the sono went well on 2/9 and we had our IVF/injection class on 2/12. I also started acupuncture on 2/12 for the first time and had an amazing experience on the table. First, I saw a visualization of the inside of my ovaries stirring. Here's where it gets amazing: I actually visualized a green leaf with all the veins and a very long thin stem. (This was inside my body.) Positioned alongside the stem and leaf and overlapping a little was a baby's hand! There was also all of this light shining inside my body. It was absolutely amazing and I am not prone to this sort of visualization at all. In fact, while I do believe that this IVF will work, I've had a really hard time picturing myself pregnant. This was progress for me and the woman doing the acupuncture told me this is a VERY good sign and that most patients don't experience it until maybe 3 months into treatment. I guess it's a good sign...at least that's how I'm choosing to look at it. :

Thank you all so much for being so welcoming and for your support!
#131 of 184 Old 02-17-2009, 03:42 PM

What good news to come back to!
::CONGRATULATIONS POOKIE!::
Just weepingly wonderful! :

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#132 of 184 Old 02-18-2009, 08:56 PM

Hello. hope it is okay if I join the group a little late. I just started my first IVF cycle on Monday. This is my third day of stimming. So far, no side effects other than a very sore bum. My DH tries to be gentle when giving me injections but I think the slower he injects me, the more I hurt. ANy advice? I had three failed IUI's before this. We are trying one cycle only and then moving onto adoption. I am nervous but feel positive. I also started Accupuncture, which is amazing! I am also on DHEA and lot's of protein. I have heard excellent things about DHEA and accupuncture. Anyone else out there in an IVF cycle? Would LOVE an IVF buddy (ies)! ! ::
#133 of 184 Old 02-18-2009, 09:55 PM

As far as injections, the faster the needle goes in, the less you will feel it. Are all your injections intramuscular? I gave myself my stim injections, the only ones dh had to do were the PIO (progesterone in oil) ones.

#134 of 184 Old 02-18-2009, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mommielove I think you're right in the middle of a couple of us. I concur with Jen, all the stim shots for me were subcutaneous (small needle injected in thigh or belly). Only the PIO was intramuscular (in the bum). As for easing pain, you can ice before hand and then use heat afterwards. Also, try not to tense the muscle when injecting and move around a bit afterwards if you are doing the im injections.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#135 of 184 Old 02-19-2009, 12:18 AM

Hey Bellybean...you there? Did you do your transfer? How did it go? How are you feeling?
#136 of 184 Old 02-19-2009, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazcat View Post
Hey Bellybean...you there? Did you do your transfer? How did it go? How are you feeling?
I was wondering too. . .

Momtoalexis, if you're out there...I'm thinking of you...

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#137 of 184 Old 02-19-2009, 10:23 PM

Hi everyone, I'm 2dp5dt...I can't believe I went 3 days without checking in. I am feeling pretty good (other than being the size of a small car), but I am still worried it is the calm before the storm. We did our transfer Tuesday afternoon, and I am a little embarrassed : to say DH convinced me to transfer 2 expanded blasts! Yikes, I know I was so freaked out all day trying to decide how many to transfer and then afterwards freaked out about how sick I might get.

I had to go buy maternity pants (picture the small car) and I figured/hoped I would need them anyway. I am just wondering how much longer I can hide a 4 month pregnant belly. My girlfriend is moving next week and having a party and I am not sure how I will be able to disguise it...any ideas would be very appreciated - or any "normal" excuses for serious bloating!!

Welcome mommielove!!! Hopefully your DH can speed up the insertion of the needle. I always paused for a second after jamming mine in...after a while I found ice was my best friend. My DH is really scared of needles so there is no way he could have done my stim shots! He would have screamed more than me! Good thing I didn't have any IM shots

Babyx3 - That's cool about the visualization...I have never been any good at that either. Sounds very relaxing and peaceful!

Jaz - How is everything going with you? Did all the fluid in your abdomen go away? I am wondering if I will ever go back down to normal size before I start showing...or if I basically skipped the first 3 months of pregnancy size changes.

Pookie - Doesn't it always seem like there is always the next step/phase/check/test to get to. I guess it is just the intro to parenthood, always something to worry about!

Julia's mom - When is your beta? Mine is next Tuesday! Maybe we will get our good news on the same day!

Poet - Any funny hotel room druggie stories? Hope everything is going well for you! Keep us posted on your progress!

#138 of 184 Old 02-20-2009, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Julia's mom - When is your beta? Mine is next Tuesday! Maybe we will get our good news on the same day!
My beta is the same day as yours. Let's hope we both pass.

Yeah, you might skip the first 3 months of belly growth. I had to wear maternity pants with the twins until around 10 wks, when the bloating eased. Of course, then the babies made me go back to them a couple of weeks later. : Maybe you can blame it on pms?? I told my mom I was having major menstrual cramps when she noticed me wincing walking around and struggling to get off our saggy couch after the retrieval last time. :

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#139 of 184 Old 02-20-2009, 01:00 AM

Belly, you know I'm very concerned for you. If you do get pregnant, (early HPT showed a + 6 days after the transfer for me), that is when the storm would start. I think it would be a good idea to talk with your doctor now and get the lab slips to test your electrolytes, maybe every other day, starting the day of the + HPT. I got my + HPT on a Friday and I was in the ER on Monday morning....that's how quick the storm hit. That weekend, before Monday morning, I didn't feel great, but I didn't feel dehydrated either. It really hit me hard Monday morning when I got out of the shower. At that point I was dangerously dehydrated, like my blood could have clot and something really bad could have happened. If you get your electrolytes tested, perhaps they can address it before it gets to that point.

As for my tummy, I'm just about back to normal. But I think that's only because I had the paracentesis. Until then, my blueberry girl body (just saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and that's what it felt like) wasn't letting go of any fluid. I think I'd still be huge if I hadn't had that procedure.

Here's my recap:
- went into ER on a monday, they admitted me, 3 nights in the hospital where they gave me round the clock saline and other nutrients, gained 22 lbs
- went home when bloodwork was normal, but I was so enormous, it hurt to move....barely got up for 3 days.
- back to the ER following Monday, had the paracentesis, they drained 4 liters, lost 10 lbs
- went home and continued to lose weight every day, about 2-3 lbs a day
- now I'm below my starting weight by about 5 lbs. I think the fluid is just about all gone, but I know from the ultrasound yesterday that my ovaries and follicles are still huge. They must have stopped dumping fluid. Now I have low blood pressure. I'm 7.5 weeks today.

Hope that helps. I'll be thinking of you.
#140 of 184 Old 02-20-2009, 01:56 AM

Julia's Mom and Belly Bean - I am thinking and hoping and sending good vibes to both of you next Tuesday. : :
#141 of 184 Old 02-20-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbell View Post
Julia's Mom and Belly Bean - I am thinking and hoping and sending good vibes to both of you next Tuesday. : :
Same here.

#142 of 184 Old 02-20-2009, 10:51 PM

Pookie and Snowbell - Thanks for the good vibes! I am a little tempted to POAS early :

Jaz - thanks for sharing your story, it is very helpful knowing what could lie ahead (and when!). You are right, being able to prepare might help. I am keeping a VERY close eye on things! But I am still scared out of my mind...

I started cramping a little bit today, not really sure what to think about it. I am just enjoying feeling basically normal...I haven't felt this good since pre-ER. I have started peeing a lot and have lost 2+ pounds since yesterday morning. My belly has even gotten a little "softer"

#143 of 184 Old 02-21-2009, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Awwww....Pookie & Snowbell, you guys are so sweet. Only 4 more days to go. I'm dissapointedly feeling perfectly fine. I just wish I had some symptoms.

Quote:
I started cramping a little bit today, not really sure what to think about it. I am just enjoying feeling basically normal...I haven't felt this good since pre-ER. I have started peeing a lot and have lost 2+ pounds since yesterday morning. My belly has even gotten a little "softer"
Cramping is good. Let those litle guys settle in. Seriously, don't worry about that much because a lot of the bfp ladies have experience that as well. I'm glad you've been able to avoid OHSS so far. Whew.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#144 of 184 Old 02-21-2009, 01:33 AM

Hi all! Well, today is Day 5 of stimming. A little sad because RE only found four follies today at u/s and E2 was 144 ( a little low). I had an amazing accupuncture appointment and decided to increase those to three times this week. I am still so new to this that I don't quite know what is good and what is not when it comes to the amount of follies I should have at this point. I have only had four shots so far....fifth is tonight. RE says I will start Ganirelex this Sunday and I have until Monday to produce more follies. My largest follie is 13 and others are lingering around 9,10,10. I see him again Mon. to make our decision to continue or not. HELP! I am not sure. I am 39 and DH is 49. No known fertility issues.....other than my age. HSG clear and 3 day FSH was 8.5. I just wish all of you sticky vibes and wonderful health! We all deserve to be mothers, don't we? :
#145 of 184 Old 02-21-2009, 01:41 AM

Mommielove, I would try not to worry until you see what is going on Monday. I have had three fresh IVF cycles and always ended up with more eggs than follicles seen on u/s. My clinic doesn't even do labs or u/s until day 8 of stims. I started stims monday (same as you right?) and won't go to clinic until coming monday. What stim meds are you taking? What dose?

Try to hang in there, it will be a long couple days for you worrying about this. Really though, 4 days isn't very long, not much has happened yet.

Dena
#146 of 184 Old 02-21-2009, 11:06 AM

Mommielove, Did your doctor change your med protocol? I had to have mine changed 3 or 4 times to alter the rate of follie development.

AFM - Down 3 pounds this morning! That makes 5 pounds in 2 days! Now, I am only about 4 pounds over where I was at ER. I can't tell you how great it is to feel normal. Its hard thinking about OHSS and being pregnant, but a BFN would be so dissapointing. Talk about being between a rock and a hard place.

#147 of 184 Old 02-22-2009, 12:50 PM

: POAS this morning 5dp5dt....BFN I searched all the IVF charts at fertility friend and most of them had a + at 10dpr so I convinced myself to test. So disappointing.

Silver lining...I have lost another 1.5 pounds. Doesn't make up for the BFN, but I am more comfortable.

#148 of 184 Old 02-22-2009, 01:52 PM

BellyBean--I am so sorry. You know 10dpo either way you look at it is soon. Give it a few more days. I know this is so sad esp what you went through to get to this point. Test in 2 more days. When is your beta? I am so shocked that you are negative since everything was going well for you. But I think you are still in the game.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#149 of 184 Old 02-22-2009, 04:19 PM

Thank you guys so much for your encouraging words. You are so right about it being early. I am on Bravelle and Repronex each night (3 @ 75 IU. viles each). RE said this was the max. that most RE's will use for stimming. I start Ganirelex tonight. My original protocol had me decrease to two viles of each med. by now....but RE said keep up with the max. dose until we see more follies. I just hope I am on the right meds. and dose . I have had two more accupuncture treatments since I have last checked in so I am hoping this will help. Just don't understand why my ovaries are not really responding. I read about women making 15-20 follies! However, I am trying not to get too down. Staying positive and hoping for the best! It only takes one really great egg, right? The difficult part is my DH and I decided that we were only trying one IVF cycle and then moving on to :. Guess this is why I want to give this cycle everything i've got without too much : Tomorrow morning I have another u/s and bloodwork and we sit down ( RE and me) and decide what is next. DH has to work, so I am going it alone. Any advice is so appreciated....I still feel so new to all this. There is a lot of trust and faith involved here. Thank you sooo much!
#150 of 184 Old 02-22-2009, 07:02 PM

So after spending my whole day sulking and the last hour crying, I decided to test again. So crazy and stupid, I know.

BEWARE TMI ahead - DH has been saying the tests aren't valid because my pee is really cloudy and when you let it sit (before the dip tests) it begins to seperate and all the "sandy" looking stuff goes to the bottom. This morning it was about 1/3 "sand", now it is about 1/4.

Anyway - there is the FAINTEST of FAINT lines!!!! Even DH can see it, so I may not be completely crazy. I tried to take a picture and it shows up on the camera, but I can't really see it on the computer..it is SO FAINT. I wonder if it is too faint to count? I feel better, but now I am worried it's not real. For now, I am tentatively optimistic...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page