February IUI - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 176 Old 02-10-2009, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone, I hope it's okay if I jump in here and ask a question (x-posted).

Has anyone ever heard of ovulating early with a trigger shot? It's my first one, so I guess I am just a little worried that all my eggies will slip through my grasp. Whenever I use OPK's, I seem to ovulate about 12 hours after the surge, not the normal 24-36...should I be worried or am I just freaking out for no reason???

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#62 of 176 Old 02-10-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by by-the-lake View Post
Juliasmom-The timing looks perfect (36h after trigger) Yes, the last 2 IUI converts had BFP's. So, don't good things come in threes.............?
I'm not too worried about the timing of the iui, just about the recommendation to DTD ~12 hours before the iui. Is that common?

Also, are there any recommendations as far as wearing perfume, etc. for the procedure (similar to er)?

I think I better call the nurse and have her talk me thru this.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#63 of 176 Old 02-10-2009, 10:24 PM

Julia's Mom, when I had my 3 IUI's they always said to stop 2 days before and then DTD the night of the IUI and then next morning...sounds a little off to me to DTD 12 hours before. I would call and confirm that with the RE office.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#64 of 176 Old 02-11-2009, 05:24 AM

Quick question: Someone mentioned that injectibles don't thin uterine lining. Does anyone know if injectibles don't cause so much cervical dryness?
I'm asking because my dr. mentioned that the trouble she had doing my IUI may have been due to dryness in the cervix caused by the clomiphene.
Thanks!

Juliasmom, best of luck on Thursday May this be IT for you!
#65 of 176 Old 02-11-2009, 07:50 AM

Hey everyone!! I'm just lurking over here b/c I can't sleep and I thought i'd check in to see how everyone is doing!!!! Hope that is okay.

Laci- Past cycle buddy...So sorry to hear that AF showed up. Keep your head high my friend. It will happen!! for you.

eternalsunshine- You are too sweet! Glad to hear the lower dose is treating you better. Good luck!

wtg4miracle- Will be thinking about you on Friday! Take care and try to relax as best you can! I'm sure you are in good hands and I hope you have a speedy recovery!!

Needle in the Hay- Hope the TWW continues to go by quickly! How are you keeping yourself busy? I know I went on a big cleaning spree, but with green products!

Julia'sMom- Maybe RE offices have different protocols but mine told us not to dtd once I'd given myself the trigger shot. We did BD the night of the IUI and the night after which we never had before I don't think b/c I'd been so sore, but this time I just sucked it up and it worked, not sure if that is the reason why? I would be concerned about DH numbers too doing it that close to your IUI. Good luck and keep us posted.

by-the-lake- ::: for the cysts being gone!!! Good luck with this cycle!

BellyBean- wish i knew the answer to your question, but it does make you wonder if it could happen? I just know the RE's office say that you O like 36 hrs afterwards and who knows how they know that everyone will be the same?? Good luck to you!!

nummies- good luck to you this cycle. Being buddies with Laci last time brought me good luck so hopefully she will bring all of you (by-the-lake, Laci, and you) good luck this time around. Fingers crossed for all of you!!!

Hope i didn't miss anyone!! Good luck to you all!! I'll be watching for some BFP this month!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#66 of 176 Old 02-11-2009, 02:51 PM

blue, it is more than okay for you to pop in here! I hope you are feeling well.

Wtg4, I've been thinking about you. How are you holding up? Are you still feeling anxious? I will have you in my thoughts on Friday. Best wishes for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

AFM, I'm on my fourth day of Letrozole and feeling well. u/s is Monday (CD 11 for me because sometimes I O a little early with the drugs).
#67 of 176 Old 02-11-2009, 09:30 PM

Hello ladies,
Blue-I pm'd you

Daisy-How are you?

Beck-I have no idea?

WTG-I have xanax I could send you some.LOL

Nummies, by-the-lake--Updates???

Belly bean- Hi!

Eternal-Glad this dose is working for you!

Anyone I missed?-Hello!

Questions???
Is 36 hrs after trigger standard?
Do you usually have 2?
I have no experience with temping? Should I?

AFM: I start my drugs tomorrow. My gonal is now 150 from 75. Lupron is still .5. I am going to do acupuncture. They say it increases your chances by 20%.
Anyone else do this??
#68 of 176 Old 02-11-2009, 09:42 PM

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
No.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Monday.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Absolutely NOT

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Turkey

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yes

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Whenever I can

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Yes

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Apple Jacks.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Almost never

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Yes I do.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Mint chocolate chip

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their eyes.

15. RED OR PINK?
Red

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My baby belly

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My grandmothers!

18.Scary movies or Happy endings?
Depends on my mood.

19. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Frozen pizza!

20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
I would be magenta
#69 of 176 Old 02-11-2009, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Laci- Wow, AP helps by 20%? I know it helps, but that much is great. I have been doing it for 5 weeks now and LOVE it. 36 hours is the gold standard after trigger. I start gonal-f tomorrow, so we will be cycle buddies. (nummies and daisymae too!!!)

Needle- Lack of EWCM and dryness of the cervix and thin uterine lining corelate with eachother, and clomid is notorious for doing that. Since injectibles do not mess with your estrogen like clomid, your lining and cervix should be fine.

Wgt- Best of wishes on your surgery. Praying for a good recovery and a 'fixed' cervix. Update us when you feel better.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#70 of 176 Old 02-12-2009, 06:11 PM

3 speculums, 2 nurses and 1 doctor later, we successfully completed my first (and hopefully last) iui. : : The beta is on our anniversary, and if it's positive, then I'll be due close to my birthday. Boy, that would just be the best!

So, I called the nurses to confirm and we dtd last night, per instructions. Then we had to collect a specimen this morning. That was a bit of a challenge. My poor dh. So, his numbers were 90 million (or was it 9 million??) with 96% of them moving. The nurse said they were fine numbers. Does that sound right? I have no idea what to expect and am really hoping that there instructions to dtd ~9 hours before the iui didn't screw us up. Regardless, we're getting it on again tonight for good measure. :

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#71 of 176 Old 02-12-2009, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia'sMom View Post
Regardless, we're getting it on again tonight for good measure. :

Thats the spirit!!! Congrats on your IUI. Hope this is it for you!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#72 of 176 Old 02-12-2009, 09:20 PM

by-the-lake - Hmm, I'd probably do both vials. Then if by chance it didn't work I wouldn't have doubts about whether the second vial would've done the job. FWIW, I overheard the clinic nurse tell a patient over the phone that the clinic uses one DI vial per IUI and two IUIs per cycle. Is it an option to have two IUIs and use one/IUI?

wtg - Good luck tomorrow. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Julia'sMom - Good luck. Hope your tww is less eventful than your IUI, sounds like the whole clinic had a go at it.

AFM - What a day, w/the bad far outweighing the good. My brother was admitted to the hospital this morning w/meningitis. He's stable now and will be extubated tomorrow morning if everything goes as planned. I feel so bad for him. I want to go see him (he's a 14 hour flight away) but my mom insisted that he'd want me to get the IUIs done first. So, here I am, wondering why I'm not on a plane right now.

As far as the RE news: 3 mature follicles (17.5, 18.5 and 30 (isn't 30 too big, though?)), lining 10 and estradiol over 1,000. Trigger tonight, IUIs tomorrow and Saturday. Overnight flight Saturday or Monday depending on my brother's condition. Noone said life was easy.
#73 of 176 Old 02-12-2009, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Eternal- wow, what alot of stuff going on! Prayers to you and your family. Your follies look great. 30 is a bit large, but the other 2 are perfect size/lining perfect/estrodial great. I will ask my doc about 2 vials at once or 2 IUI's. The only thing is I can nearly pinpoint ovulation witht the trigger, so I feel the 36 hour timing is perfect. i can ask my doc monday. Hnag in there!!

AFM- Gonal-f 75 units done this a.m. So far so good. A side note about acupuncture that has sold me completely. I has AP yesterday, Wed. That was CD#3 (third day off the BCP's) and no period. Told my AP this. She said, 'You will have it tonight'. And yup, I sure did!!! She uses cupping, which is what she said would bring AF on. And AP makes me feel nice and happy too.

#74 of 176 Old 02-12-2009, 11:05 PM

Thanks eternal.. for thinking about me. I am a nervous wreck right now. I should of asked for a valium. I am trying to get things in order in the house before I go in the morning.

Eternalsunshine--sorry about your brother. It must be specially tough now since you are right in the middle of your cycle.

by-the-lake--wow you are stimming now. You usually get af in 3 days after the pills? The last two times I took the pills AF came around day 5 or 6. I hope this doesn't mean anything. I mentioned in your other thread to use both vials. Since you have them use them to your best benefit.

juliasmom--I hope this IUI does the trick. You might make three girls who got pregnant from a IVF to IUI. Theres a trend going on here.

laci--maybe after the surgery I might answer your ?s. Whats your plan this cycle now?

nummies, daisymae, blueyeez, needle --thanks for the well wishes and I will let everyone know how it went.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#75 of 176 Old 02-13-2009, 12:09 AM

No one likes my questions. Just kidding!!
If you want to go ahead if not that's cool too.

WTG: I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

By the lake- you liked AP? Yeay I have it done next weekend. (I am going away this weekend for a MH weekend. I have absolutely nothing planned...Yeay)

Eternal-so sorry I will keep your brother in my prayers.

AFM: I started my 150 Gonal tonight. I hope this dose does not make me overstim???

What questions do you usually ask the RE when you have a U/S??
-What size are the follicles?
-how is the lining?

Any others. It seems like you all have sooo much info and I want a cheat sheet of questions to ask the RE.

Thanks in advance ladies.
GL to all and I hope that this is our month!!!!

Eternal-so sorry I will keep your brother in my prayers.
#76 of 176 Old 02-13-2009, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

Laci- Ask what your estrodial is. It should be about 200 per good follicle.

Wgt- I got AF CD#2 last round of BCP's, so I was nervous sitting w/out her this cycle by day 3. Best of luck with your surgery. Thinking of you always!

#77 of 176 Old 02-13-2009, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter

Laci- Ask what your estrodial is. It should be about 200 per good follicle.

Wgt- I got AF CD#2 last round of BCP's, so I was nervous sitting w/out her this cycle by day 3. Best of luck with your surgery. Thinking of you always!

#78 of 176 Old 02-15-2009, 10:57 PM

Where is everyone??
Happy V day to all.
WTG; we need an update!!
#79 of 176 Old 02-16-2009, 09:24 AM

Check out wtg's thread called "One step forward and two steps backward" for an update. She's having a rough go of it right now.

AFM, the car is warming up and then I will be heading in for u/s and bloodwork to determine which days this week we'll do the IUIs. Fingers crossed for a couple of good follicles and nice lining!
#80 of 176 Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Daisy- How did your appointment go?

U/S and estrodial this morning. 2-3 dominate follies (but too little yet), tons of little guys Oh well, estrodial on the 70's, will stim at 37.5 today through Wed, U/S and estrodial Thursday. He did give me Hcg for a mirodose just in case, but so far I'm not suppose to use it. Lining good for CD8 Hoping my ovaries don't go crazy this cycle!!

#81 of 176 Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 PM

Good luck by-the-lake!! Fingers crossed for ovaries staying in control!

I had my u/s and bloodwork today (CD11) and have only one follicle (23) and 7.9 lining. All in all, not bad. I'd have liked 2 - 3 follicles, but that just doesn't seem to be happening for me with the Letrozole the last couple of months.

So, ovidrel tonight and IUIs tomorrow and Wednesday.
#82 of 176 Old 02-16-2009, 10:13 PM

daisymae08--that one follicle looks good. You only need one and plus your lining is good. Gl with the IUI.

by-the-lake--the good news is that you are not making alot of big ones now. GL with this cycle. You have been through alot lately. I hope you can do the march IUI since I am out. I never got to do IUIs. I wish I could have join you gals here. Argh. Can't do natural, can't do IUIs only IVF.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#83 of 176 Old 02-17-2009, 02:24 AM

Hey everyone, I just had my first IUI today, so I thought I'd butt into this thread if you gals don't mind. I've lurked around, but never posted. We're dealing with male-factor due to a spinal cord injury, so it was a natural IUI, my positive opk was yesterday. (I also did an ultrasound on Sat, and my egg was 16mm, and my lining was good)

I just wondered if anyone had any advice or stories or links even, about low motility and success with IUI. after the wash it was 20 million, but only 8 % motility. Before the wash it was 30 mill, 23 % motility. So, we're just trying to deal I guess. The doc says to give it 3-6 months of IUI's, and look at it as a process. I'm really trying to.

I don't know, I feel so lost, I'm not even sure what I'm asking here, but just felt like I needed to try. Thanks for listening.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#84 of 176 Old 02-17-2009, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome, though I hope your stay is short. I am dealing with MFI, so we are using donor sperm. Your numbers don't sound too bad, and many people have had success with numbers similar to yours. I will add you to the 2WW list.

#85 of 176 Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 AM

court- Welcome! Those numbers aren't great granted, but not horrible either.

AFM- CD 10 just waiting to O.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#86 of 176 Old 02-17-2009, 01:30 PM

Welcome court!

I went in for first u/s today and it is cd10 I have one egg that is 18 mm so IUI tomorrow afternoon. They usually have us trigger 12-24 hrs before but I told them that I ovulated 8 hrs after the last one so they had me trigger this morning at 9:30 for a 3 pm iui so that is almost 30 hrs. Gl everyone!!!
#87 of 176 Old 02-17-2009, 02:24 PM

Could you add me to the ttw

I had my second IUI w/injections on 2/13 and 2/14

Expecting #1 on August 26
#88 of 176 Old 02-17-2009, 02:29 PM

First IUI was this morning. DH had great numbers - 148 million and 70% motility. One more tomorrow morning and then onto the tww!
#89 of 176 Old 02-17-2009, 02:36 PM

Those are great numbers Daisymae. This is very high numbers. This has to be your cycle. Its got to be.

Welcome Court and Suka.

#90 of 176 Old 02-17-2009, 02:56 PM

Thanks so much for the warm welcome ladies
Good luck everyone!

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page