February IUI - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 176 Old 02-20-2009, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suka View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome ladies...i went to have an ultrasound today and omg my left ovary is flippin HUGE!!! She said not to worry it will go down...she also said that I could come in wed to have a beta test done...or i could just wait until af is supposed to show up and test then...idk what i should do..apart of me wants to test early but another part of me doesnt want to see or hear that its negative
If it were me, I know I wouldn't be able to wait. When is af due?

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#122 of 176 Old 02-20-2009, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Laura-Belle- Welcome, let your stay be short. What are the male factor issues? It sounds like you are getting your end if the deal improved.

Court- Yeah, washed sperm don't live as long because the prostoglandins and stuff they need to live long are removed. Its estimated they live 8-12 hours. But they are given the advantage to swim more freely, the dumb and slow ones are removed, and they are placed closer to your eggs. So, its worth the loss of longevity if your IUI is timed well, or you have 2 per cycle.

Suka- I wait for AF. I don't like to poas or get betas because they are so disappointing. But, boy its tempting......

Nummies- Ugg, aren't they willing to wait the 36 hours for you to O? You had questioned the trigger shot or doing 2 IUI's. Is your clinic willing? FWIW, I remember someone on this board last summer who did IUI 24 hours after OPK, with severe male factor issues, who did get her BFP. So who knows?

AFM- Follie scan tomorrow 9:00 am, things don't feel quite ready. Maybe Monday they will be.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#123 of 176 Old 02-20-2009, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by by-the-lake View Post

Nummies- Ugg, aren't they willing to wait the 36 hours for you to O? You had questioned the trigger shot or doing 2 IUI's. Is your clinic willing? FWIW, I remember someone on this board last summer who did IUI 24 hours after OPK, with severe male factor issues, who did get her BFP. So who knows?

Well 36 hours post surge would be around midnight, so nope. I just have a feeling this is why we haven't been getting pregnant. So next cycle I think I will go back on the Clomid, do the trigger, and do two IUIs.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#124 of 176 Old 02-20-2009, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Nummies- Good call! Do you have lining issues with clomid? Yeah, the midnight thing is kinda out there, don't know too many RE's who are willing!!!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#125 of 176 Old 02-20-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Nummies- Good call! Do you have lining issues with clomid? Yeah, the midnight thing is kinda out there, don't know too many RE's who are willing!!!
You know, now that I think about it. I would rather not do Clomid. Think they will do the trigger with a natural cycle? If I have an u/s around day 11 or so??

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#126 of 176 Old 02-20-2009, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Perhaps. How reliable are your fertility signs? Because you will have to override your own LH.

#127 of 176 Old 02-20-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Perhaps. How reliable are your fertility signs? Because you will have to override your own LH.
Pretty reliable. I'll be sure to ask my RE if we can do that. Thanks!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#128 of 176 Old 02-21-2009, 03:10 PM

IUI cancelled.

Due to lab error in the washing process, the sperm died.

Heartbroken right now.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#129 of 176 Old 02-21-2009, 04:24 PM

Oh Nummies, I am so sorry!!! We usually do two days in a row. Is it possible for you to do it tomorrow instead? How awful!
#130 of 176 Old 02-21-2009, 06:08 PM

Oh Nummies hang in there

Julies Mom///the evil AF is supposed to be here on the 28th

Expecting #1 on August 26
#131 of 176 Old 02-21-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
IUI cancelled.

Due to lab error in the washing process, the sperm died.

Heartbroken right now.
So, they're seriously allowed to get away with that? Did they offer some kind of compensation or apology? Seems to me they should open up tonight and let you try it again for free.

I'm totally convinced we had some type of lab error in our recent IUI. In and hour's time we somehow lost 5 million motile sperm.
grrrr.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#132 of 176 Old 02-21-2009, 07:13 PM

Nummies---I am so sorry this happened. I read your post and I thought my goodness, this is ridiculous of them. Of all things that can happened, you would never think the lab people whould be the ones causing errors. Any explanation from them why this happened? Any chance you can do IUI first thing in the am tomorrow? Since you said you might release an egg after 36hrs. You have the egg popping just when the sperm are placed.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#133 of 176 Old 02-21-2009, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the support ladies.

They are giving me very vague answers right now and I am pretty pissed off. I have talked to 4 different people and they are all giving me the run-around.

They can't do an IUI tomorrow as they aren't open on Sundays. Well, they are but only for IVF patients. I had a few choice words for the nurse when she told me that.

Basically we left it where our doctor and the admin guy are going to call us on Monday to discuss our situation.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#134 of 176 Old 02-21-2009, 07:29 PM

nummies - thats BS that they are only treating IVF pts. Since they screwed up they should accomodate you. But in the world of IF no one gives a whoot what is fair or not. I know how you feel I going through the same rigamole from clinic. It feels like you are beating your head against the wall with them. I know if this happened to me first my clinic is not open on Sunday and second dh would have a hard time dtd agaiin, ykwim.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#135 of 176 Old 02-21-2009, 07:32 PM

wtg- I agree. It just totally pisses me off that we were treated so differently at this clinic when we were going through our IVF cycle. We were like VIPs then because we were paying the big bucks. Now we are the low man on the totem pole.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#136 of 176 Old 02-21-2009, 07:36 PM

nummies-interesting to point this out. I wondering once I put my moola down for the down payment for the IVF they might actually start treating me better, hmmm. Money talks! But its sick that it has to come to this. Money makes the world go around.

#137 of 176 Old 02-21-2009, 08:01 PM

Nummies, that is absolutely ridiculous that you can't go in for an IUI on a Sunday. Do they not do monitoring and bloodwork, etc. 7 days/week? Not a great policy when dealing with IF! I am so, so sorry. I would be royally ticked.
#138 of 176 Old 02-21-2009, 08:54 PM

That is such bs it is their fault. I am so sorry that this happened to you.
WTF that's all I can say....
#139 of 176 Old 02-22-2009, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

Nummies- I did respond to you in the one thread, but I am livid for you that they won't deal with you on Sunday. But someone must be there Sunday, right? Can you call or get the on call RE or insist the nurse have the on call RE call you. I hope you can save this cycle. I wondered about the big bucks IVF thing. The first clinic I dealt with was super easy, nice and accommidating until I said no to IVF and wanted to do IUI. The attitude did change towards me after that. I am really sorry this happened, and they add insult to injury by this. And the lab better come up with answers and restitution, fast:

#140 of 176 Old 02-22-2009, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Nummies- I did respond to you in the one thread, but I am livid for you that they won't deal with you on Sunday. But someone must be there Sunday, right? Can you call or get the on call RE or insist the nurse have the on call RE call you.
Or better yet, why don't you give us their number and let us call them

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#141 of 176 Old 02-22-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court View Post
Or better yet, why don't you give us their number and let us call them
Yeah give us the number!
#142 of 176 Old 02-22-2009, 06:56 PM

nummies - I'm so sorry these people screwed things up , I have never heard of a fertility clinic being closed on Sunday's for IUI patients but not IVF patients!!!! Crossing my fingers they'll resolve this for you so that you can still get in there in time!!!

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
#143 of 176 Old 02-23-2009, 03:16 PM

The office administrator finally got back to us.

He said that the lab technician made an error and the semen ended up not making it to the appropriate location at the right time (explains why we were waiting for 5 hours). Resulting in sperm death. He tried to explain the mechanics behind everything but honestly I kinda glazed over during his whole spiel. It doesn't really matter how it happened, the point is making certain it won't happen again. And he said that they would be changing some things in the lab to streamline the process because of this event.

He also used this time to get my feedback on the practice since I said in a voicemail that I was really unhappy with the office prior to this weekend. So I used that time to tell him all about the nurses and those issues.

He ended the phone call by thanking me for trusting them with all this. Our next cycle is paid for and I am encouraged to call him directly with any issues that arise.

He will handling our cycle personally next month.

All in all, it sucks. I mean, one month to me is like a lifetime. And I explained that to him. I am just pretty down about it. But we are hoping that next month is it for us. We will probably be doing a trigger shot so that I know exactly when I am ovulating. Then we will be doing two IUIs. One on O day and one the day after.

Hoping for a December baby, I guess.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#144 of 176 Old 02-23-2009, 04:25 PM

Nummies You'd really think they woud be a bit more understanding about the emotional effects of all this treatment. I'm glad you got some feedback and hopefully will get a Christmas baby.

As for me, last night I was sick, and was so thrilled about it, thinking it was a symptom. However, then it kept happening, my poas was snow white and I'm starting to get some spotting. So, apparently, not only am I not pregnant, but I've caught some horrible bug at the same time. Tomorrow I go for my official beta, so hopefully I'm feeling well enough to leave then house then. Now we need to decide what the plan is for next month, beg the RE to do another injectible/iui cycle or start ivf again.

: This really bites, for all of us.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#145 of 176 Old 02-23-2009, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Juliamom- Oh, big hugs to you. I am very sorry this happened. Hope you get the injectible cycle or IVf for next month.

Nummies- Well, I guess you have a little resolve from all of this mess. I'm glad they are paying for next month, too. It sucks. Did you DTD too? Trigger shot and 2 IUI's sound good.

AFM- IUI tomorrow 8:00 am. Fingers crossed

#146 of 176 Old 02-23-2009, 05:55 PM

Oh Julia's Mom, I'm so sorry. That mid-cycle spotting seemed so hopeful. I hope you feel much better soon and that whatever the next cycle brings, it truly is the one. As many as you need.

Nummies, I'm glad at the least the office will be taking better care of you. I am so sorry about all of it. 1 month and all the emotions that ride on it...a big deal and I wish people got that more. Sending and hopes that maybe the ole naturale did its magic.

BytheLake, GL tomorrow! It must be v. strange to have overstimmed last time and have one follie this time. I guess everything ebbs and flows. You've worked so hard to come to this IUI and I hope it's just right. :

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#147 of 176 Old 02-23-2009, 07:19 PM

nummies - I'm so sorry this happened......1 month does seem like an eternity! Hopefully from here on out there will be no more mistakes on their part.

Julia's Mom - I'm so sorry, I hope you feel better soon! Let's hope next month will do the trick!!

by-the-lake - Good luck tomorrow!!! :

AFM - I just finished my clomid the other day and am now already getting faint positives on my opk's, I'm not supposed to go for an ultrasound until next Monday (to see if the clomid is infact working) - I'm going to keep testing daily I guess..............think I should call the fertility clinic and let them know? or just wait until I get a dark positive?

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
#148 of 176 Old 02-23-2009, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

I suggest keep watching the OPK's, and wait for the dark positive. I understand that Clomid can raise your LH before your actual surge. So just test twice per day, the first test after 11:00 am. Its not recommended to use FMU, and LH surges in the afternoon for some reason. Good luck!!

#149 of 176 Old 02-23-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I suggest keep watching the OPK's, and wait for the dark positive. I understand that Clomid can raise your LH before your actual surge. So just test twice per day, the first test after 11:00 am. Its not recommended to use FMU, and LH surges in the afternoon for some reason. Good luck!!
Thank you! I'll test twice tomorrow! Hope tomorrow goes smoothly for you!

#150 of 176 Old 02-23-2009, 09:14 PM

I am curious what you mean by faint positives? I get two lines on my OPK all the time. It is only considered positive if the test line is as dark/darker than the control line.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page