February IUI - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-23-2009, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nummies- I think she is refering to the light lines that aren't positive, but are visible.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2009, 02:49 AM

Yes I am speaking about the second line - I've never had a second line show up until now.........but from what I hear now, I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up just yet then.

Sorry ladies !! I thought it might be a sign I'm going to ovulate - better wait for my ultrasound then.

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
Old 02-24-2009, 11:29 AM

No biggie Tami! I was just confused. When is your u/s??

So I need some advice. As you all know, we are planning a cycle for next month. I would O around the 22nd of March. Well, on the 27th of March a big group of my girlfriends is going to Chicago and we are generally just going to have a good time. This will probably involve a drink or two. So if you were me, would you postpone your cycle? I really don't want to because I am aching for a December baby. But I also don't want to harm the potential baby by having a few drinks. I wouldn't get drunk or anything and the "baby" wouldn't even be implanted yet as it will be only 5DPO. Your thoughts???

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 02-24-2009, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Nummies- Can you go and have fun and drink minimally?

AFM- IUI done- freaked out at the wetness in my pants (sorry TMI) afterwards, but remember this is normal. Its suppose to be cervical mucus. I swear I saw a hint of pink. Oh great, all my superman sperm ran out!!!!!! Numbers were 20.9 million with 25% motility, which is suppose to improve once in the uterus where its warm, says my doc. AHHH, is this normal???

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Old 02-24-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by by-the-lake View Post
Nummies- Can you go and have fun and drink minimally?

AFM- IUI done- freaked out at the wetness in my pants (sorry TMI) afterwards, but remember this is normal. Its suppose to be cervical mucus. I swear I saw a hint of pink. Oh great, all my superman sperm ran out!!!!!! Numbers were 20.9 million with 25% motility, which is suppose to improve once in the uterus where its warm, says my doc. AHHH, is this normal???
Thanks. I think that I will just keep it in check with a couple glasses of wine.

That motility seems awfully low to me.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 02-24-2009, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Frozen, not fresh, pretty standard

Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Frozen, not fresh, pretty standard
ahhh....sorry dear! I spaced out!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 02-24-2009, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

What about the leaking?

Old 02-24-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
What about the leaking?
Not sure. My clinic here insists on putting these stoppers in after IUIs to avoid leaking so I guess it can happen if the os is really open but I'd never heard of anyone doing that before. When the nurse talked about "leaking" I always got the impression it would be a small amount but they do it to be thorough. I often see a little pink after an IUI esp, if the catheter didn't go in super easily. Also, when they put the speculum, cath. in, if you have a lot of cm that cycle, it can certainly draw it out. Do you still feel like you have a lot of cm?
My guess is that it did not copiously leak out. Amazing though how (no matter how many times you do this) there is always something new to worry about.
I think it's probably fine, but if it would soothe your mind, you could always call the office and ask the nurse about it, if she noticed any leakage etc.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 02-24-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
No biggie Tami! I was just confused. When is your u/s??

So I need some advice. As you all know, we are planning a cycle for next month. I would O around the 22nd of March. Well, on the 27th of March a big group of my girlfriends is going to Chicago and we are generally just going to have a good time. This will probably involve a drink or two. So if you were me, would you postpone your cycle? I really don't want to because I am aching for a December baby. But I also don't want to harm the potential baby by having a few drinks. I wouldn't get drunk or anything and the "baby" wouldn't even be implanted yet as it will be only 5DPO. Your thoughts???
nummies - It's on Monday (the 2nd) at 9am. Fingers Crossed the clomid is working!!!:

I say have a couple drinks and enjoy yourself - it'll be good for you!

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
Old 02-24-2009, 10:27 PM

@nummies: I'll third the 'just drink a little' idea. I really wouldn't worry about one or even two glasses of wine on occasion. Oh, and the whole thing with your RE clinic...OMG--at least they're paying for the next cycle though.

@by-the-lake: In response to your question--our male factor issues are low total count (I think ~30 million is the best ever number and ~5 million the lowest so far) and low percentage motility (~5%). Combined this leaves few useful sperm. I know it only takes one, but...

Re me: Today is day 1. AF arrived with a vengeance--and by vengeance I mean cramps that left me curled on the floor in the fetal position whimpering for a good hour (and TMI...throwing up and otherwise emptying my digestive system). Something similar but not as bad happened once early in my marriage and a couple of times before that. I don't know if it is related to the Femara this last cycle or if it just happens. I have a scan scheduled day after tomorrow so I can ask then. In the meantime, any ideas?

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Poet- Thanks for the reassurance. My doc, who did the IUI, used a balloon catheter and kept it in for 20 minutes. Tons of EWCM, too. I felt this leaky feeling about 10 minutes after I left the clinic. Probobly EWCM, I hope.

Laura- What awful symptoms Hope you are feeling better. Take it easy. Not sure about your question about Femara. Sorry. Best of luck at you appointment. Keep us posted.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:53 PM

About the leaking, I was worried about this too. So I use the diva cup after the IUI. Helps me be reassured that nothing fell out. And when I get home I prop my hips up so that anything in the cup will flow out.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 02-25-2009, 12:42 AM

Okay Nummies-?

Do you use the diva ring for your period? I love the the concept and must confess I had never heard of it. (I just googled it)
I want to no if it really works.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:23 AM

Laci- I love the diva cup! It is so amazing! I have never ever had any leaking. It holds 30 ml of fluid so I only have to empty/ clean it every 12 hours. I seriously forget that I am on my period. Plus it is a LOT safer than tampons as there is no risk of Toxic Shock Syndrome. There are no chemicals going into your body and it is a lot more comfortable.

With it, I use cloth panty liners which I also love.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 02-25-2009, 01:22 PM

By-the-Lake You doctor's comment is still bothering me. I keep thinking how I always dreamed of having 4 children...and now my biggest fantasies are about 3...yet reality tells me that if I'm successful with this journey for #2, I may not have the endurance to go ahead. It is something that people who do choose their number of children just don't understand. Sigh.

As for me, you can remove me from this thread. Apparently, insurance will not approve any iui cycles, since I've already done ivf. Sigh. Now we need to decide if we want to go full steam ahead with that, and how soon my body will be ready for it. I'm beyond frustrated.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 02-25-2009, 03:16 PM

laura-belle - I hope that af settles down a bit for you and doesn't cause too much more pain.

nummies - I'm going to try that diva cup - that is if I get a period one of these days!!!

Julia's mom - I'm so sorry to hear your insurance company won't cover any more IUI's....how frustrating!! whatever your decision is - I wish you the very best of luck!

afm - I had tonsss of clear stretchy cm this morning - took an opk and it was negative.....I'll take another this afternoon I guess. I'm wondering if I should call and see if they can get me in for an ultrasound earlier?? not sure!

Old 02-25-2009, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

tami- Sounds like the cervical mucus is the start of things. Keep on those OPK's!

Juliasmom- Wow, what a hard choice. Does this mean you have to choose IVF with insurance coverage, or paying cash for IUI? Am I way off?

Nummies- Love cloth pads too. I never used a diva cup cuz I'm happy with the cloth! Heard they are great, tho!

AFM- I figured all the sperm fell out, I didn't O, and I am going to have tons of cysts after.

Ok, for real, I have NO breast pain. I get mega breast pain about 12-24 hours after O, but nothing!!!! So I figured I did not ovulate, (despite feeling it and having a trigger shot), but really, it might be the acupuncture releiving the PMS symptoms. I do get a progesterone level done on Sunday. The sperm probobly didn't run out, and I hope I have no residual cysts because I only had one follie. So, the crazies have started. Actually, I'm not so preocuppied, and its only 1DPO.

Old 02-25-2009, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Juliasmom- Wow, what a hard choice. Does this mean you have to choose IVF with insurance coverage, or paying cash for IUI? Am I way off?
You've got it. Any knowing what the injectible meds alone cost, it will be way cheaper for us to go ivf (even with out-of-pocket freezing) than to go iui. Stupid insurance rules. :

I wish you all the best of luckand will be lurking along.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 02-26-2009, 01:22 AM

by-the-lake - I think maybe your acupuncture is tricking you and you did indeed ovulate!! Guess we'll see when you get your blood work back!:

afm - I called my clinic and asked them what I should do re:my cervical mucus being so clear and stretchy already..........they called me in for an ultrasound.......7 follies measuring at about 10mm.....I'll go back on Monday (unless I get a positive opk before hand) to check the size then.

Hope everyone is doing good!!!

Old 02-26-2009, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetgirl View Post
Not sure. My clinic here insists on putting these stoppers in after IUIs to avoid leaking so I guess it can happen if the os is really open but I'd never heard of anyone doing that before.
For how long?

Old 02-26-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
For how long?
It seems to be a handmade covered sponge contraption with a string tied to it. I pull it out 4-5 hrs after IUI. I have seen pinkish fluid on the tip of it, not much though and it's unclear if that's semen or cm mixed with a little blood which I usually have from the catheter going in. It's not very comfortable.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
Old 02-27-2009, 10:46 AM

By-the -lake

Am I going to post this thread for March?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah- You can copy the first post I made with all of our histories and paste it on your new March thread. Its pretty up to date. You can edit it after it becomes your post. I am going to do the March Infertility One Thread on March 1st. See you around!

Old 02-27-2009, 09:07 PM

There is a new March IUI thread
Old 01-07-2013, 04:13 PM

Hello everyone. I am a single 32 year old. I am planning at home iui in February. Can any one tell me where I can get an iui catheter and syringe? If any of you have extras I am willing to buy them from you. Please help. Really want a baby bad.

User Tag List