February IUI - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 176 Old 01-31-2009, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feb IUI

May the month of love bring us all our hearts desire. Let me know if there are any updates.

Waiting for O
tomanygirls-IUI #1
eternalsunshine
Happily Blessed
nummies
Becky8824
Tami1981

Waiting to know-2WW
Needle in the Hay
Laci
by-the-lake
Court
Suka
Laci
DaisyMae

Waiting to be ready
Lissame-TTC#1, IUI #2
Attached2Mason
Wgt4miracle

Graduates!!!!!!!!!!
blueyezz
Masel
Joyakshi
Faye0- IUI #7-no meds
DM360-TTC 2 years, IUI#3 injectibles

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#2 of 176 Old 01-31-2009, 10:47 PM

You know me: Still waiting to be Ready

GL with this cycle and bye bye cysts!!

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#3 of 176 Old 01-31-2009, 11:43 PM

Hello all. I can't believe it's already time for the February thread! Can you please change me to IUI #4 Letrozole? Thanks. Still waiting. My test is Wednesday. I feel so....normal. Thinking that 'normal' isn't the best sign.
#4 of 176 Old 01-31-2009, 11:58 PM

Oh wow, I'm not on this thread any more. I will be checking in on you though and I hope you all have Perfect cycles this month.
::::

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#5 of 176 Old 02-01-2009, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Daisy- Keep up the hope! Many women feel normal during the 2WW. Hang in there.

Wgt- Right here with you

Poet- I sure will be checking on your progress in your IVF adventure. Hoping for your perfect cycle too!!!!

Seven more days!!! Seven more days!!! Seven more days!!!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#6 of 176 Old 02-01-2009, 09:44 PM

Hi ladies,
I am starting to stress now. These 2ww is killing me. I POAS yesterday and it was a BFN. So at least I know the stuff is out of my system. I NO it is too early but I could not help myself. It is so confusing b/c the progestore mimics prego symptoms..
Ugh!:
#7 of 176 Old 02-01-2009, 11:33 PM

Follow up appt. tomorrow afternoon to plan our attack for Feb. if this turns out to be a BFN (which I'm pretty sure of).

DH and I are going to a friend's next weekend and two other couples are coming for dinner (also friends). One of the wives just announced that she's pregnant. I cried. It's getting hard to be around pregnant people. I'm happy for them....just I get sad for me.
#8 of 176 Old 02-01-2009, 11:51 PM

I am cd1 today. I call the RE tomorrow and let her know. Hopefully we can do an ultrasound to see if we have no cyst and do an IUI this time!
#9 of 176 Old 02-02-2009, 02:57 PM

Well I went on Sat & got an ultrasound. I had one egg(size was 23) but it is on the blocked side so no IUI this month. So anyone else have a blocked tube? How many eggs are there usually? I was kind of bummed that there was only one. Would a higher dose of clomid give more eggs?
#10 of 176 Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 PM

too many girls--I have never used clomid and do not have a blocked tube but had good numbers on injectables. What do you think about those?
#11 of 176 Old 02-02-2009, 09:56 PM

Laci - I an not familar with injectables. How do they work? a shot? When, how many times a month? What are chances of twins(I would be ok with) etc
#12 of 176 Old 02-02-2009, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

I can answer the injectible question. The drug is FSH, which is follicle stimulating hormone. It comes named Follistim or Gonal-f. If you do a straight injectible cycle, you will have a CD3 ultrasound and estrodial level. If things are good, you inject the perscribed amount once per day. You then will have u/s and bloodwork every few days till your follies are ready. You may then get a trigger shot to trigger ovulation. Then you usually ovulate 36-42 hours after. There is a large chance for multipules. But injetibles don't thin your lining, and your doc has pretty specific control because he can adjust doses and whatnot depending on your progress. I have done these cycles and are ok with them. I did just have a hyperstimulation cycle, but I blame a faulty drug pen for that. (Long story)

#13 of 176 Old 02-02-2009, 10:20 PM

wtg4miracle - hope your wait goes by fast!!! Good luck to you!!

DaisyMae08 - Keep us posted. I totally hear you when you say that you feel "normal". I'm thinking that I feel "normal" too. Fingers crossed for you!!! :

poetgirl - Nice to see you!! Hope you are doing well! Thanks for your good wishes.

by-the-lake - Hope you are keeping busy in these next 7 days!!! Good luck and keep us posted.

Laci - Hey cycle buddy!!! So when is your official test day, I still don't think I've heard??? Hope it goes by fast!!! I only have to work 4 days this week so I'm hoping that will help my week to go by faster!!!

Happily Blessed - Fingers crossed for you for your up coming U/S.

tomanygirls - Clomid is not my specialty, but one would think a higher dose could give you more eggs, but then you run the risk of thinning your lining too much and having to Cancel your IUI. I was on 100mg of clomid with my first cycle of fertility meds and we couldn't do the IUI b/c my lining was way too thin and would have been a waste of money. I have gone on to injectables (after 3 rounds of clomid) which for sure gave me more eggs and I think was easier on my body than clomid actually. The shots weren't as bad as I thought they were going to be. The only problem is that they are expensive if you don't have insurance to help pay for them. Good luck to you.

AFM: Still here in the tww and it is suppose to end as per F.F. next tues, but we will see. Feeling pretty normal right now which is kinda sad to me. I have had sore BBs this whole time which is new for me, but it might just be the new meds. I keep watching my temps and hoping and praying they don't drop!!! Good luck to all of you!!!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#14 of 176 Old 02-03-2009, 12:03 AM

blueyezz4-Feeling normal half way through your tww does not mean you're not pregnant. I know some people feel different immediately but alot of people don't have symptoms until later. GL!

tomanygirls - You've already been given good advice so I don't have anything to add. What does your doctor say? Whatever you do it seems a waste to stay on the same dose of clomid for next cycle.

by-the-lake - Under a week left now! I'll be shocked if you still have that cyst.

DaisyMae08 - Good luck. The end of the tww is always the hardest. Hoping it turns out good for you.

AFM - Alright, I'm back to cd1. Not sure what our plan is for February but I definitely want to take progesterone the last week of my cycle - this is the second time recently that my period's been a few days late. I'm never late (except w/clomid) so it's making me wonder. Our plan is to do at most two more IUIs and then we're on to IVF.
#15 of 176 Old 02-03-2009, 12:09 AM

eternal, the progesterone delays my period a little bit (just a couple days). Sorry you're back to day 1.

And crossposted from the Feb One thread:
As for me, follow up appt. today. I met with the nurse practitioner who is very nice, but for some reason holds up an egg (think chicken egg) when she talks about the quality of my eggs. Weird. Anyway, our plan (if this is a bfn, which I'm pretty sure it is) is to do Letrozole for two more cycles (for a total of four) and then move to injectibles (at a low dose) after that. She said we would do injectibles for two months and then move onto IVF for the summer. Hopefully we won't get that far.

I have decent eggs and DH has great sperm, so hopefully one of these IUIs will do it. I asked her if it was possible to have impenetrable eggs and she said no. Apparently I made that up.
#16 of 176 Old 02-03-2009, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Daisy- One of the ladies here did have an inpenetratable zona. She had IVF with ICI because of this. I say this not to scare you, but that you didn't make it up

#17 of 176 Old 02-03-2009, 12:51 AM

I knew I didn't make that up!!! Thank you. Does that procedure work for an impenetrable zona? I know they use it for severe MF issues...
#18 of 176 Old 02-03-2009, 07:40 AM

Hi, I'm back this month for IUI #2. I've had u/s on Friday, yesterday and this morning and have 2 nice looking follicles, one on each side (I took serophene cd 3-7).

My dr is hoping we have a couple of more days before doing the IUI to let my uterine lining build up a bit more. This morning it was at 5 mm (up 1mm from yesterday) and she said she'd like to see at at 6mm. I have been taking low dose aspirin this cycle so I hope it helps a bit. I wonder if the serophene thins lining or if I just don't have the greatest lining (or both).

So I have another appt. tomorrow morning--I'm not sure yet which day I'll have the IUI or if I'll do a trigger shot like last time. I'm on cd 14 and last time I had the IUI on cd 16 so I'm guessing it will be fairly soon.

Best of luck everyone.
#19 of 176 Old 02-03-2009, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Needle- Good luck. Hope the lining builds up before trigger. Keep us posted!

#20 of 176 Old 02-03-2009, 07:16 PM

Bfn
#21 of 176 Old 02-04-2009, 04:14 AM

Daisymae sorry to hear that. It will happen...

I was almost convinced I wouldnt get AF because I never have but boy was I wrong. Nothing like working 12 hours and running to the ladies room every 20 min. So now the question is should I cancel my Valentines day trip to NY to possibly have an IUI on Valentines day? I have an ultrasound tomorrow. The Dr want to do cloimid and injectables this month last month we did clomid 50 mg and IUI on 1/17...DH doesnt really want to cancel NY but I really dont want to wait another month. Dont know what to do.

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#22 of 176 Old 02-04-2009, 07:45 AM

Daisymae, I'm so sorry.
#23 of 176 Old 02-04-2009, 08:09 PM

Oh Daisy I'm sorry.

AFM: I am 11 dpiui and I am dying to know one way or the other.............
#24 of 176 Old 02-04-2009, 09:24 PM

Ooh, 11 days Laci. I'm usually very antsy by that time!

I'm sitting here with terrible cramps, but no AF yet. Just come already!
#25 of 176 Old 02-05-2009, 06:31 AM

My IUI is scheduled for tomorrow. I did the trigger shot last night.

This morning I cancelled another dr appt I had tomorrow because I don't think I'll be up to it after the IUI. I mentioned to DS I was calling to cancel an appt since I had 2 appts and he said "If one of the appointments is to help you have a baby, don't cancel that one". He is so ready to have a little brother or sister.

eta: Becky that's a tough call about your NY trip. I don't know what I would decide.
#26 of 176 Old 02-05-2009, 11:00 AM

Laci- Good luck!!

Needle- That is so sweet about your DS. Good luck with your IUI!

Daisy- I hear ya! I am 14 DPIUI and I am ansty to get this over with. I know it is coming and I am tired of waiting.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#27 of 176 Old 02-05-2009, 07:54 PM

Hey needle in the hay I'll be thinking about you tomorrow. Hope your tww goes by super fast.

I don't need to make a decision about NY. The doctor decided for me. I have a cyst in my left ovary. Back on BCP for 2 weeks. Hope the cyst goes away in my tww.

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#28 of 176 Old 02-05-2009, 11:08 PM - Thread Starter

Becky- So sorry about the cyst. But think, there was a reason it turned out this way. Even tho you are on hold and BPC's suck, you can go on your trip. You can come back and start over. It will be ok.

Needle- How nice of your DS! How was the lining?

Laci- Fingers crossed!!! How do you feel?

Daisy- Sorry for BFN Glad you and your doc have a plan. Next time, bring your own lucky (chicken) egg, too. Maybe it will emit good egg ju-ju.

AFM- 3 DAYS!!!!! I don't feel very cystic, So I hope its gone

#29 of 176 Old 02-05-2009, 11:23 PM

Yeay! By-the-lake, only three days! Can't wait for you to join us 2wwaiters

Needle-be sure to tell us how are you feeling after the IUI -sending good eggie vibes!!!!

Becky just have fun on your NYC trip, you will be ready in no time!
Enjoy yourself!

WTG? where are you?

Nummies Have you tested?

Daisy mae- This is the time it will work!!!!

Eternal-whats going on with you??

Blue- Cycle buddy, how are you feeling?

AFM: I feel okay, not sure if I am supposed to feel something or not. Just really want to know one way or the other. b/c of the endometrin mimicking the signs of pg I am not sure of anything! Tuesday is my Beta.... Come on Tuesday.
#30 of 176 Old 02-05-2009, 11:41 PM

Needle in the hay, good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking about you.

Becky, I'm sorry to hear about the cyst, but perhaps the trip away will be a nice escape for you and your husband. DH and I are visiting friends in CT this weekend and I'm looking forward to getting away (other than the fact that we're having dinner with a woman who just announced she's pg. C'est la vie).

AFM, spotting started tonight, so tomorrow will be day 1. By Sunday I will be back on the Letrozole. At least it all happens pretty quickly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page