The February Infertility One Thread - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 197 Old 02-25-2009, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I join?

Here's my info: TTC #1 since Feb 08. Suspected low progesterone/luteal phase defect. Starting 1st round of clomid with ob (50 mg).

I start the clomid tomorrow. I'm excited to actually be doing something that might work, but am a bit nervous about side effects.
#182 of 197 Old 02-25-2009, 08:51 PM

OK, so my saga of "weirdness" continues!! I woke up this morning, one week after starting the progesterone, and felt fine. About 30 min. after my shower, I am at the computer and suddenly I can't see!! It was just like a flashbulb went off in my face, and everything was swimming. I went and laid down for about twenty min. and it finally cleared up. So, I am driving to work and start a crushing headache. Got to school and went into the nurse to get some tylenol, and eventually it went away, but I am still "out of sorts". Needless to say, I did not take my progesterone dose this morning, and called the clinic right away. Doc said I had a migraine (NO history of migraines whatsoever..never had one in my life) and that he wants me to stay on the supps til Monday (beta day) and call my primary about the headaches..... So, I called my acupuncurist who said that it def. could've been caused by the progesterone, and to start CoQ10. Just wondering.....have any of you that have used the supps experienced anything like this? Starting to get frustrated cuz it's been one thing after another since the iui. At least it is making my 2ww go faster....lol!
#183 of 197 Old 02-25-2009, 09:05 PM

Wow- nearly the same thing happened to me this summer on progesterone. All the sudden I could no longer stand, I lost all strengh, so I sat. Then everything went wrong. I thought I was having a stroke. My speech slurred, I saw weird lights, head pounding, sick stomach, no energy to even talk, bad drunk x4. Yeah, it was from the progesterone. I never took it since. (Noting that I would if needed). Hoping all these roadblocks pay off for you though.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#184 of 197 Old 02-25-2009, 09:17 PM

Lola, I haven't had those symptoms and I've taken tons of prog, but I know some people have more side effects than others. I know Songbird had visual disturbances caused by Clomid. Are you taking that?

BytheLake, Just wanted to pipe in that acup. eliminated post O sore bbs for me from the get go. You O'd and you didn't leak!

Today is CD1 and holy mother of god, these are the worst most debilitating cramps I've had like ever. The whole day was shot and I can't take any pain meds starting now, so I am riding it out. Tomorrow I go in for my suppression u/s. Can't imagine having the dildocam with this flow. Such is the beauty of all this. We pay our balance and if things look good, prob. start stimming on Sat.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#185 of 197 Old 02-25-2009, 09:38 PM

dildocam

Sorry about the cramps poet!

Lola- I haven't had that happen with the supps before. Hope you feel better soon!

Welcome Brandy!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#186 of 197 Old 02-25-2009, 10:09 PM

Poet- Oh thank you for the reassurances! I suspected the absence of sore boobies was from AP, so thanks for your experince. And yeah, the other things are me being silly
I am so with you on a CD2 dildocam. Yucky. I was uber embarrassed and asked the little CMA to warn the doc about it. Hahahaha. He comes in and says 'It's OK', and I said, "Not for me" Anyhow, hang in there.
Sorry for such cramps. Why no pain meds?

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#187 of 197 Old 02-25-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by by-the-lake View Post
Poet- Oh thank you for the reassurances! I suspected the absence of sore boobies was from AP, so thanks for your experince. And yeah, the other things are me being silly
I am so with you on a CD2 dildocam. Yucky. I was uber embarrassed and asked the little CMA to warn the doc about it. Hahahaha. He comes in and says 'It's OK', and I said, "Not for me" Anyhow, hang in there.
Sorry for such cramps. Why no pain meds?
All silliness is totally justified! I know I take my turn every month. The no pain meds thing is part of my preconception ivf don't list. I could take tylenol but that won't do jack for the cramps. So it's heating pads and restorative yoga and couch therapy. I love me some couch therapy.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#188 of 197 Old 02-26-2009, 12:09 PM

Can you please change my description to:

Julia'sMom - TTC #2, ivf#1 7/08 - 12 wk miscarriage, ivf#2 2/09 converted to iui - bfn, ivf#3 in April

Ok, I'm a total nerd and I always record my lab results in a little table. I'm noticing that my fsh level is going down over the year+ I've been with the RE. Not that I'm complaining, but it's really weird because I thought as you aged it increased? :

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#189 of 197 Old 02-26-2009, 01:52 PM

to you Julia'sMom.

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#190 of 197 Old 02-27-2009, 02:41 PM

Here's a random question. I apologize if it's stupid; it's my first month taking clomid.

Is one of the side effects of clomid frequent urination? Because I've been peeing like crazy this morning and not drinking any more than usual!
#191 of 197 Old 02-27-2009, 11:16 PM

brandyshea LOL i never feel that with clomid, just feel like a baloon.

by the way the second beta is 236, so I join already to the NOvember Club

Went to the Doctor, lots of pills for everything and the ultrasound is in 2 weeks.

good luck for the ones that continue in March, i'll visit here to know how u r going. kisses

Victoria:

Victorian Patch
*** thinking positive help my dreams come true ***
#192 of 197 Old 02-28-2009, 12:38 AM

Victorian- What a beautiful beta!!!

#193 of 197 Old 02-28-2009, 10:44 AM

Yeah Victoria!!!:::::::

AFM: 11dpiui
#194 of 197 Old 02-28-2009, 10:52 AM

Victorian- Congrats!

Laci- Are you planning on testing??

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#195 of 197 Old 03-01-2009, 09:57 AM

Lola: How's it going? Is your beta tomorrow?

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#196 of 197 Old 03-01-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
Lola: How's it going? Is your beta tomorrow?
took a urine test this morning....BFN kinda already knew it though b/c of the bleeding. so, I go in for the beta tomorrow and then my doc wants to talk w/ me about the "next step". He's been less than encouraging the last couple of times we have spoken, so I'm not sure what to expect. This is only our second iui, first w/ letrozole....

My acupuncturist would like to do a liver cleanse on me to get rid of all of the clomid, etc. and then a colon cleanse, have me do acupuncture and herbs for about two months, and then try another iui in May w/ the herbal. I'm very confused right now....do I go that route or try injectables??? So, I will give it up to the universe for now, and hopefully the answer will come to me when the time is right..............

p.s. I got the stuff....thanks again! How are you doing? I hope all is wonderful!!

Victorian- Yippee!! :: I am very happy for you!
#197 of 197 Old 03-01-2009, 01:11 PM

Lola- Sorry about the BFN. Sounds like a tough choice for you.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page