The February Infertility One Thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
February

The Infertility ONE Thread

A monthly thread to talk about all of our various journeys through the difficult, trying, and often heartbreaking world of infertility. This thread is a place to chat, vent, get support, cheer each other on, and hopefully occasionally laugh!

Trying to Conceive

anne1140 - TTC #1 since Nov. '07. Done blood work, semen analysis, and HSG. One blocked fallopian tube and bicornuate or septate uterus.

BellyBean - TTC#1 since 12/07 - 1st IVF cycle February '09

Becky8824 - TTC#1 since 03/08. One round of clomid 50mg and IUI in January.

brandyshea - TTC #1 since Feb 08. Suspected low progesterone/luteal phase defect. Starting 1st round of clomid with ob (50 mg).

brittloup - TTC #1 Since March '07 DH 33 (Great counts-Low Morph and Low Motility) Me 22 (No problems!) // 4 rounds Clomid with OBGYN all BFN// IUI #1 with RE Clomid and 2 75iu Bravelle injections--day of IUI sperm count 108 million--BFN Found cyst on left ovary and taking one month break.

by-the-lake - TTC#3 with new MF issues, injectibles/trigger/ IUI #6, 1st with DI.

crazyrunningmama - TTC #2, FET possibly February

Crystal-mommy - TTC #2 w/ PCOS on and off for 3 yrs. 2 clomid cycles-BFN, 1st cycle w/ femara

DaisyMae08 - TTC #1 since 7/07. Currently on IUI #4, 2nd time with Letrozole

eternalsunshine - TTC#2 w/MF issues. Conceived DC#1 through IUI. Currently on IUI #6 and seriously considering IVF soon.

Julia'sMom - TTC #2, ivf#1 7/08 - 12 wk miscarriage, ivf#2 2/09 converted to iui - bfn, ivf#3 in April

Laci - Secondary IF. in 2ww. I have some cramping today though, maybe the egg implanting.... I had IUI on the 18th. March 4th I have a beta.

lola88 - 38 y.o., TTC#1 since Oct. '05, 4 failed clomid cycles, 1 failed clomid/iui cycle, moving to first iui w/ Femara and acupuncture

MOMTOALEXIS - Trying to conceive since 9/07. 4 failed Clomid cycles, 3 with IUI. Moving to IVF January 09

Needle In the Hay - Experiencing unexplained secondary infertility for 5+ years. 1 failed IUI. Also dealing with hypothyroidism; started treament for that about a year ago.

nummies - 25, TTC #2. Conceived 17 month old son from IVF/ ICSI. MFI with 0-1% normal sperm morphology. 2ww on Second IUI cycle with Clomid.

Perdita_in_Ontario - TTC#2 w/ IVF/ICSI for MFI - next cycle Q2/09

poetgirl - TTC for 28 cycles. Low progesterone, possible premature ovarian problems, LPD and hypothalamus dysfunction. Removed polyp 3/08. 8 failed ART cycles. 1st IVF this Feb/March.

Pookietooth - TTC#2 3 years with PCOS and age (I'm 43), started IVF cycle in January. ET is 2/3/09.

tomanygirls - TTC #4 since 11/07 - PCOS with Metformin,HSG, blocked tube, 1st round of clomid, canceled 1st IUI cause we only had one egg on blocked side.

Taking a Break

christophersmom - TTC#2 since November 2005. Multiple rounds of Clomid, two HSG's, 1 IVF in November 2007 (twins miscarried in January 2008), miscarriage in September 2008. 2nd IVF in December 2008, miscarriage in January 2009. Taking a break.

EastbayK Taking a break while still hoping and dreaming

Held - 39 years old, TTC #1 since 2005 (although no prevention since late 2002). Dealing with mild MFI (low motility) and unexplained. Currently taking a break. :

kristenok18. TTC#2 since 2004, taking a break.

lovebug - TTC#1 for over 3 years, but on a break while DH is in Iraq.

oregonduck - age 34 and DH, 31. TTC #1 since June 2007. Have done one Clomid cycle so far. Taking a break after m/c.

wtg4miracle - Waiting to be Ready. Hopefully hysteroscopy/Lap in February.

::: MIA :::
(These people did not post in January and will be removed if they don't post in February)

hapi2help - I am a 33 yo mom to one DS conceived naturally after 11 months of TTC. We have been trying for 19 months this time around. I have recently been diagnosed with blocked fallopian tubes and am now contemplating surgery and IUI or going straight to IVF.

::: Graduates :::
(May everyone who passes through this thread find their way to this section)

Aly22681 TTC #1 since January 2007, 3 MCs. --> July 2008

Kiki99 TTC #1 since Apr 2007 (unexplained infertility) with DH. 1 unmedicated IUI - failed, 2 Clomid IUI's - failed and had my 4th IUI with injectables. --> July 2008

mischievium :TTC since February 2007 with MFI (antisperm antibodies) and possible mild congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Currently TTC with Clomid and IUI. --> July 2008

Jelly Bean TTC #2 since April 07. one unmedicated IUI, one month of just clomid, one month of clomid and 2 IUI's and this month we did injectibles and 2 IUI's. --> July 2008

Corikodjo 39, TTC since August of 2007,1 Chemical Pregnancy 11/07, on 2nd IUI --> August 2008

blueRhino TTC #1 since June 2007. TTC with Chinese herbs and acupuncture. --> September 2008

Voltige - TTC #2 since 7/07; Recently diagnosed with endometriosis and PCOS but trying to conceive naturally for a few cycles post surgical laparoscopy --> October 2008

songbird45 - TTC #1 with PCOS since January 2007. Pregnant after 22 months and 4 medicated IUI cycles! --> October 2008

FayeO - Tired mama (age 34) to DD (1/03). TTC #2 since November 2005. Diagnosed with MFI (antisperm antibodies) this fall. Currently TTC with unmedicated IUIs. December will be IUI #8. Only one more after that and then it's time for a BIG decision about IVF. --> December 2008

LibbyLou - TTC #1 since Sept 2007 with PCOS. Cystic fibrosis carrier. Currently trying Metformin + Clomid. Diagnostic Lap Dec '08. --> January 2009

MeadowMom - TTC#2 with PCOS and fibroids. Using Letrozole and HCG trigger. --> February 2009

Catubodua - 39, TTC #1 since Oct 07. we've already had a semen analysis and HSG done and both were fine. --> February 2009

blueyezz4 - TTC #1 since July 2006; Have done 3 rounds of clomid (1 - 100mg and 2 - 50mg) with 2 failed IUIs. Have now finished first injectable (Gonal F & Trigger) cycle with IUI done mid Jan and now in the dreaded TWW. Hoping for a early Valentines/B-Day present with a BFP!! --> February 2009

gumby74 - ttc #2 with just the use of folic acid and baby aspirin. If not successful, we will do the hormone IUI route starting next cycle. --> February 2009

PLEASE let the threadkeeper know if there is anything you would like to add/ delete/ change from your synopsis above (including silly things like not liking the color your username is in) either by bolding the information you want changed/ updated in your post or by sending the threadkeeper a PM. And PLEASE check to make sure that the correct chart is linked to the chart icon in front of your username.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#2 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 12:46 AM

Hey, thanks so much for starting this! Maybe this month I'll be able to keep track of y'all. : and lots of baby dust to all!!!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#3 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 12:49 AM

Thanks for the new thread LibbyLou! It will esp. nice to see you graduate yourself.

I know I haven't posted a ton this past month, but I read and keep up with everyone and think about you all a lot. I just need to stay on the quiet side. I am having a hard time with depression and I want to try to feel better for when we start the ivf.

Please change me to: TTC for 28 cycles. Low progesterone, possible premature ovarian problems, LPD and hypothalamus dysfunction. Removed polyp 3/08. 8 failed ART cycles. 1st IVF this Feb/March.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#4 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 01:06 AM

wtg- I know! He called me because I left him a message, but I wasn't expecting a call back until the next day. I guess he is looking at my age, but I still think 1 iui is not enough to throw in the towel........he was saying that since I had done 4 other rounds of clomid and bd that failed, that the iuis prob. wouldn't make much of a difference......but, DH and I agree that despite the doc, we are not going to give up yet!!!
#5 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 01:24 AM

lola88--I really think you should try a few more IUIs. I like the idea you are trying Femara. If this fails then you can move on to injects/IUI. Then IVF. Clomid has such a bad rep on thin lining. Plus, I took clomid last month (first time ever) and I was not impressed at all with the drug. It delayed my ovulation and extended my LP to unbelievable length. Once I am ready I will refuse clomid and try Femara or injects. IVF is a big jump since you have not tried Femara and Injects.

Nice to see you CRM. Are you stimming now?

Poet--I am thinking about you. Its ok to be quiet. We understand. I am just opposite. I go on these boards cause I have no one to talk. I feel so alone and just want to be connected to others. I feel bad that I prolly driving everyone crazy here.

AFM: Please look at my question on bcp in the Jan thread. I don't want to repeat it again. I really need advice on this. Can I stop the bcp 4-5 days early to bring on AF faster. I have to make sure I don't have AF during surgery. I might be cancelled. I am so going nuts over this. I want to have this darn surgery over with. Why does this have to be so hard. I worry about taking time off of work, bcp, telling my mother about this, etc.

LibbyLou-Put me [B]waiting to be ready. Hopefully hysteroscopy/Lap in February [/B] thanks for starting a new thread.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#6 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 01:58 AM

wtgyou don't drive us crazy... we all know how it feels to be put on hold!! I think it would be reasonable to stop the bcp's early, they don't like to do the lap during af cause if they decide to try to flush your tubes and accidently flush menstrual blood into your tubes it can cause endo in the tube. i was really worried before my lap cause i was only on cd7 and i had a little bit of spotting, but it was fine.

i know how you feel about not really having anyone to talk to about all this crap. My bff is preg, so i can't really talk about this very much w/ her. I know she doesn't mean to seem insensitive but I was really proud of myself cause I lost 10 lbs in 3.5 weeks and now weigh less than I have in the last 8 yrs!! I was so excited i couldn't wait to tell her, and she said "can you not brag about losing weight while i am gaining" are you freakin kidding me????? i just stared @ her and said "well , you getting a baby out of this makes wt gain worth it". I KNOW she wasn't trying to be mean, but a couple of days before AF is due AGAIN... just not the time for me to listen to her complain about being preg. why does life have to suck sometimes???
#7 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 11:05 AM

Oh gosh. I can't believe it's February. And I don't think January's IUI worked. I feel too normal. Not a symptom in sight.

Thanks for starting the new thread LibbyLou. Can you change me to:TTC #1 since 7/07. Currently on IUI #4, 2nd time with Letrozole? Thanks.
#8 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 11:21 AM

LibbyLou - Thanks so much for starting the new thread!! I also can't believe that it is Feb already!!! Where are these months going??? Could you please move me from the waiting area to the TTC area. Saying:

blueyezz4 - TTC #1 since July 2006; Have done 3 rounds of clomid (1 - 100mg and 2 - 50mg) with 2 failed IUIs. Have now finished first injectable (Gonal F & Trigger) cycle with IUI done mid Jan and now in the dreaded TWW. Hoping for a early Valentines/B-Day present with a BFP!!

After 5 failed IUI's & 6 failed IVF's we threw in the towel w/ ART and then got a NATURAL miracle BFP! Hoping and praying it is finally our take home baby!  Mother to our twins boys in heaven -lost at 22.5wks on 6/20/09 and 1 other little angel in heaven.

Our Miracle has arrived... Caden James...

#9 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=wtg4miracle;13106085]lola88--I really think you should try a few more IUIs. I like the idea you are trying Femara. If this fails then you can move on to injects/IUI. Then IVF. Clomid has such a bad rep on thin lining. Plus, I took clomid last month (first time ever) and I was not impressed at all with the drug. It delayed my ovulation and extended my LP to unbelievable length. Once I am ready I will refuse clomid and try Femara or injects. IVF is a big jump since you have not tried Femara and Injects.

wtg- thanks so much for the encouragement that I am doing the right thing!! Also, DH and I are boyh going to try acupuncture this month to see if that helps! Boy, if you drive evryone here crazy, then I surely do!! I have been crazy w/ this stuff the last few weeks. Maybe now that I am off the clomid, I can start to calm down. I wish I had asked about the Letrozole two cycles ago....sigh.

I'm sorry you are feeling impatient. I know that feeling so well! I know NOTHING about the process you are going through, so I really can't shed any light....but, I'm hoping things go according to plan and that AF stays away so you can have your surgery.

poetgirl- I am sending you all these good vibes for an easy and successful ivf this month.....

crystal-mommy- ooh, the dreaded pregnant bff!! I have one too....who has been on the ttc journey w/ me forever, did her first month of clomid on my advice, she and her dh bd ONE TIME and they got it!!! So, so happy for her, just don't wanna hear about it all the time!!

Daisy- Sorry if your iui didn't work.......how many more are you going to try w/ the Letrozole?

LibbyLou- Thanks for the new thread. How are you feeling? You can change me to 38 y.o., TTC#1 since Oct. '05, 4 failed clomid cycles, 1 failed clomid/iui cycle, moving to first iui w/ Femara and acupuncture

Oh, and I need to say, "Go Steelers!!"
#10 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola88 View Post
LibbyLou- Thanks for the new thread. How are you feeling?
Lola, that's so sweet of you to ask. I'm feeling pretty good, just tired and hungry. Hungry is a nice change. Clomid really messed with my stomach and tastebuds, so its kind of nice to want to eat for a change.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#11 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post
AFM: Please help : BCP question Can I stop my bcp 5 days earlier so I can get AF early. As most of you know I am on them cause of my upcoming procedure. I was told to go on them in case the the OR procedure was after ovulation day. Now of course the OR date is set when AF is due.

My last pill will be on Feb 5th. OR date is Feb 13th. I took the pills a few cycles back and I got my period 5 days after my last pill. So if I continue with them I will be cutting it real close. They rather not have a period while they are doing the hystero. and lap.

So I am thinking if I should stop taking the pills 5 days early I can get Af sooner. Or would this screw up my cycle. Its like 5 days left of the pill.

I have been waiting for this OR date forever and I can't do nothing until my cervix is fixed. No IUIs or IVF until this is resolved. So I am really worried at this time of what I should do?
Wtg, could you maybe get another pack of bcp's and start them right after you finish the active pills in this pack? Back when I was on bc if I forgot to take a pill or went off a pack early, I usually ended up with a 2 week period, getting it early and then having it last until it would have anyway. If you start a new pack a week early, you should skip your period all together.

femalesling.GIF semi-crunchy foster mom to A - 11mo

#12 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 12:30 PM

So sorry I have been MIA ladies.

I have been really depressed. My son went on a nursing strike 4 days ago and it isn't looking like he is coming back. I'm really heartbroken about it.

Add that to the fact I don't think that this past cycle worked and I am just in a really bad place right now.

I am thinking of all of you! Congrats Libby!!!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#13 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 12:34 PM

I have been TTC for 3 years. Used clomid with natural cycles for many months, took some time off and have since had 4 failed rounds of clomid w/IUI, starting Follistim this month. Very nervous this will not work either. Hard for me to concentrate on anything and work with a lot of women, so one will be pregnant and when they deliver, another one pops up pregnant. NEVER ME!!!
WHY???
#14 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 01:11 PM

Hi Libby, can you please add me back to the TTC? I must not have posted enough in January, but I have been lurking...

BellyBean - TTC#1 since 12/07 - 1st IVF cycle February '09

P.S. Congratulations again, and thanks for sticking around with us!

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#15 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 03:05 PM

LibbyLou- I have a new user name. I was natrualmom, and I am TTC#3 with new MF issues, injectibles/trigger/ IUI #6, 1st with DI.

Wow- Hello everyone!

BellyBean- GL with your IVF adventure.

Willum- Welcome, may your stay be short. I am doing injectibles too, and they aren't too bad, except the whole needle thing.

Nummies- Sorry you are feeling down. Take care of yourself.

Lola- I am doing accupuncture also. It will be my 4th week of it this week. I like it. Hope you do also. And its kinda a big jump from clomid to IVF. Odd. I would think letrazole or injectibles first.

Daisy- Hang in there. Lots of pregnant ladies feel normal.

Wgt- Right here with you!!!

Crystalmommy- Huh? She really said that? Ugg, sorry, and sorry you have had some hard days.

Blue- How goes the 2WW?

CRM- Thinking of you

AFM- Seven days of BCP's, U/S next monday. AP again this Wed. Praying for no cysts!!!!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#16 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 03:18 PM

lola my bff got preg on her 1st clomid cycle and only bd'd one time too!! its amazing that some ppl can get preg w/ just minimal intervention. i am really happy for her, but it takes its toll on me. esp now that she is starting to show.

nummies sorry about the nursing strike, hopefully you have something "brewing" and it could change the taste of your milk? good luck *hugs*

afm neg test again today, was kinda pointless cause i can tell AF is on her way. Really hoping that our weather stays decent so I can go to my RE appt on Tuesday. I think I am going to skip the beta tomorrow, a + should have shown up on a test by now.
#17 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 03:23 PM

Im a mom of 4 who had her tubes tied under pressure (i had a set of twins) and the ages are 6,4,and 2 (twins). I regret it so much and i dream about more children my heart aches everyday, and i know i should embrass the wonderfull children i have know and I do BUT i feel like a part of me has been taken away Im so sad a depressed about it. My husband said i could get them reversed when we are finacially ready, BUT WILL THAT EVER HAPPEN? ugh. NO. lol
#18 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 04:22 PM

Lola and Crystal - Do we have the same BFF? Same thing happened to me last summer. I thought I would only be 4 weeks behind...didn't quite turn out as planned :

Lola - We chose not to do any inject/IUI cycles. I did 2 months of just clomid/bd and then 3 cycles clomid/IUI. I was ovulating on the clomid and DH's numbers were actually pretty good. For us, the injectibles were just a more expensive version of the same thing. However, I have heard MANY MANY positive stories and experiences about inject/IUI cycles. It was a difficult decision for us, but since we are paying for everything out of pocket we decided to go with IVF because of the higher success rates (although I still worry about getting a BFN and paying all the $$$$). I guess I am saying, go with your heart, it is a very hard decision, but you will make the right one for your situation. No matter what, I would definitely insist on more than 1 IUI cycle!

Wtg - it is great having you around! You have a very positive outlook on things and are always there to support others. I hope this surgery is just the thing to get you back on track. If it were me, I would start a new pack of pills once that one is done, I always did that for vacations and stuff, you wont get AF until you stop. My second choice would be to stop your current pack early - it just seems a little less reliable and it would be really bad if you started late or were still spotting for the surgery. (especially since scheduling was such a disaster!)

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#19 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 05:16 PM

Thanks BellyBean for the nice words. I really try to help others out. I know how they feel. So many posters have helped me other the past few months. I think its great that we can vent and ask questions here and not worry about hurting others feelings. Everyone has been great here.

SnowPea- thanks for popping in. You have a great idea about continuing the pills. I was wondering about this also. Good idea. I will be asking the doc tomorrow about this. Good thinking. If I stop early I will be on pins and needles wondering if she will come or not.

nummies--so sorry about the nursing thing. Maybe its a sign like crystal-mommy says, maybe there is something brewing inside

welcome wilum and CaitBenAliBrismom!

by-the-lake--you know your name sounds so nice, I would love to be in a cabin near a lake so I can get away from all of this. Praying no more cysts for you. Whats the plan for next cycle? Are you decreasing the dose of Gonal F.

Hello to everyone else, I forget sometimes, but I will eventually catch up.

AFM: I have been feeling so down lately. I am hoping that my surgery goes well and they can fix things. I am afraid my OR date will get cancelled cause of AF, or doc reschedules or whatever the universe throws at me. I am just worrying and worrying. My mind feels like its spinning some times. I just feel blah.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#20 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 07:08 PM

Wgt- I was thinking about your pill dilemma. My 2 cents is that the only reason I accepted BCP's to shrink my cyst is because we would induce ovulation right after. My point is that maybe you should stay on until you are ready to induce ovulation because then you won't be lost in no-flo land, or worse, constant-flow land, because BCP's do both these things. Then you know where you stand when you are ready; no waiting or guessing. We are starting a lower dose gonal-f this cycle.

Crystalmommy Things sound really hard right now. Hang in there.

Welcome CaitBenAliBrismom! Can I call you CBABmom? I'm into brevity

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#21 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post

Nice to see you CRM. Are you stimming now?

I go on these boards cause I have no one to talk. I feel so alone and just want to be connected to others. I feel bad that I prolly driving everyone crazy here.
to you!!! Sounds like this is a really crazy making time. I hope you are taking care. It's good to have MDC, isn't it? I have phases where I post a ton, too (only 2 friends IRL know about our IF). That's what it's here for!

I have just started estrace for my FET, u/s check on the 13th with ET within a few days after that, hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilum View Post
I have been TTC for 3 years. Used clomid with natural cycles for many months, took some time off and have since had 4 failed rounds of clomid w/IUI, starting Follistim this month. Very nervous this will not work either. Hard for me to concentrate on anything and work with a lot of women, so one will be pregnant and when they deliver, another one pops up pregnant. NEVER ME!!!
WHY???
I know how you feel. Just wanted to say hello, welcome and like we always say on this board - hope your stay is short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by by-the-lake View Post
LibbyLou- I have a new user name.
CRM- Thinking of you

AFM- Seven days of BCP's, U/S next monday. AP again this Wed. Praying for no cysts!!!!
Backatcha!! Like the new name! I am doing okay, excited for this FET (and crossing fingers as it may be our last). Good luck on NO cysts!!

mama to two DD's, 7 and 3 (3 rounds of IVF and more FET's than I can remember)
#22 of 197 Old 02-01-2009, 11:36 PM

Not sure how many more we'll do with Letrozole. This time we only had one egg (last time was 2 and with Clomid it was 6 both months). It seems silly to take fertility drugs to end up with one egg...which I probably woud have on my own anyway. I have a follow-up appt. tomorrow to discuss the plan for Feb. in case this month is a BFN (which I'm pretty sure of...).
#23 of 197 Old 02-02-2009, 12:24 AM

Congratulations, Libbylou! ::::::

Well, the RE clinic called today to say that they are pushing out the ET to Tuesday, which is great news! Apparently a lot of them survived to three days old. They have prescribed Tranxene for me to take one hour before the ET, but it's optional. Anyone with any experience have anything to suggest about that? I hate to add even more drugs, but if it would help things, I would do it.

Can you change my synopsis to add that I'm in the middle of my IVF cycle and that my ET is 2/3/09?

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#24 of 197 Old 02-02-2009, 02:54 AM

Hi can you please add me to TTC#1 since 03/08. One round of clomid 50mg and IUI in January.

Thanks can't wait to hear all about the BFP!!!!

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#25 of 197 Old 02-02-2009, 12:48 PM

Congratulations LibbyLou! I guess it takes a few months for threadkeeper's luck to kick in!

Four months after the BFP I still check this thread regularly, so it seems that IF is not something that really leaves you quickly.

Mom to a little boy (June 2009)
#26 of 197 Old 02-02-2009, 03:10 PM

can I join?

TTC #4 since 11/07 - PCOS with Metformin,HSG, blocked tube, 1st round of clomid, canceled 1st IUI cause we only had one egg on blocked side.

I am so bummed that we will have to wait till next month to try again.
#27 of 197 Old 02-02-2009, 04:09 PM

Welcome tomanygirls. I have PCOS too. Clomid didn't work for me -- I've done 7 cycles with it and never a +. Turns out it thins my lining. Ditto with Femara, so injectables were really my only choice. I did two rounds of injectables w/IUIs last year - first one ended in a m/c, the other in a BFN. So this year I've moved on to IVF. Kind of wish I'd done it when I was younger (ds is the result of injectables with IUI when I actually had coverage for the meds and everything except for the actual egg retreival and embryo transfer -- which aren't cheap, but the total would have been less and had I frozen embies from then, I might have a three year old along with my nearly 6 year old).

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

#28 of 197 Old 02-02-2009, 04:11 PM

I just got back from the surgeon. Not good news. I was under the impression they can remove the scar tissue etc. He kind of laughed at that idea and then he told me the best he could do is dilate the cervix. He said since I do get my period he can work from where that hole is (if he can find it). Nothing is guarentee.

After listening to him rambling on about all the risks involved with the lap I just started crying and told him ok we will do the suregery and left crying so hard. I told him this needs to be fixed so I can do IUI. If I can't get this fixed I can't get pregnant. I have good ovaries and sperm but no friggin way they can meet. I never heard anyone with this problem. Usually its ovarian reserve. Nope not me, stupid cervix. Anyone got an extra xervix laying around. I can't believe they do heart, kidney, bone marrow transplants but they can't make a f'in canal in my cervix.

I was wondering about surrogacy. I have to look into this. I can do IVF. They can take my eggs (via vagina) and take his sperm and grow them. Then give to a surrogate since they have no access to my cervix.

I am at work crying and crying. I will not afterall have my precious baby. Its so not looking good for me. I might just give it up and say forget it. Maybe die in my own sorrow. I might cancel the surgery if there is no chance of fixing it. I about done with this crap. DH will not have his child now.

#29 of 197 Old 02-02-2009, 05:03 PM

Wtg
I'm so sorry to hear your news. I'll admit I haven't followed your whole story, so I'm not sure of everything. But, have you looked into gift or zift (with ivf). I believe it's hard to find an RE that does the procedure, but I believe they use laproscopic surgey to transfer the embryos to your tubes instead of thru the cervix to your uterus. I can't remember the details, but maybe it's worth a glance. Huge <<<HUGS>>> your way.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#30 of 197 Old 02-02-2009, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Becky and tomanygirls! I hope your stay here is short.

wtg - I'm so sad to hear your news :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page