March IUI - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 230 Old 03-14-2009, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am sorry MommieLove. I think you are handling the disappointment like a warrior. Have a wonderful time in Cancun (that is a great thing to do right now!) and lots of success on the next ivf try.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#122 of 230 Old 03-14-2009, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

I am soo sorry Mommie love. I am thinking of you!
#123 of 230 Old 03-15-2009, 12:38 AM

Question for everyone. I had my IUI on Thursday morning after having the trigger shot on Wednesday at 4pm. So I think it was about 18 hours after. Is that too soon? We were going to do 2 IUIs but because of the many follicles I had we only did one.

Also I am so crampy on the left side. Could the eggs still be releasing and causing me to cramp. I have been hurting all day. I know its not implantation cramping because it has only been 2 days but with the trigger on Wednesday I would think all the eggs would be released. Is it possible that the eggs didn't release and they are just cysts? Is that what a cyst is? (an egg that didnt release?)

Thanks. I could call my doctor but I feel silly calling and asking about cramps

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#124 of 230 Old 03-15-2009, 09:28 AM

Mommielove- So sorry.

Becky- Not sure about the cramping. Hope you get it figured out.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#125 of 230 Old 03-16-2009, 07:26 AM

Hey Ladies-

I was so frustrated this cycle...O'd early and missed ultrasound and IUI, had to do it the ole fashioned way. So mad at the huge white spot on my preg test I quit POAS! Not like me at all...just mad and ready to quit!

Last night lots of cramping (today AF supposed to be here)...POAS just to set my mind at ease....faint BFP?!?!?!

This morning BFN or so light I can barely tell...anyone know what happens with chemical preg? Could that be what it is?

HELP!:
#126 of 230 Old 03-16-2009, 09:29 AM

mama-lisa- Not sure dear. Hopefully you get it figured out soon. Maybe wait and try to test tomorrow if no AF?

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#127 of 230 Old 03-16-2009, 11:27 AM

So I am 12 days past IUI & I can feel AF coming. I am so bummed that this did not work. I am confused thought cause my dollar store tests kept showing a faint line a few hours later, probably just left over HCG which was out of my system I thought. But I took an EPT & got a BFN. Not sure if I can keep doing this IUI thing every month cause of all the appt. & my job(I do home daycare & it is hard on my families) also with DH's job. Well now I just am waiting for AF.
#128 of 230 Old 03-16-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomanygirls View Post
So I am 12 days past IUI & I can feel AF coming. I am so bummed that this did not work. I am confused thought cause my dollar store tests kept showing a faint line a few hours later, probably just left over HCG which was out of my system I thought. But I took an EPT & got a BFN. Not sure if I can keep doing this IUI thing every month cause of all the appt. & my job(I do home daycare & it is hard on my families) also with DH's job. Well now I just am waiting for AF.
The dollar store tests are known for that. I always get faint lines after the time has elapsed. Called an "evaporation line".

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#129 of 230 Old 03-16-2009, 09:36 PM

I took early preg test.com and dollar store tests, all +! Went in for a Beta and was only 83 at 14dpo...not very good huh?

What next?
#130 of 230 Old 03-16-2009, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mama-lisa next if wait for another beta! GL.

How is everyone doing?
It has been kind of quite here???????

AFM: Just waiting for my next cycle...
#131 of 230 Old 03-17-2009, 03:56 AM

mama-lisa- that beta is a good number. Fingers crossed for your second.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#132 of 230 Old 03-17-2009, 09:39 AM

mama-lisa- I think that is a good beta! Good luck!

laci- It has been quiet.

AFM- CD 10 today. I had a weird temp rise today. Hoping that it is nothing.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#133 of 230 Old 03-17-2009, 12:59 PM

So AF will probably start today or tomarrow.

I have 1 blocked tube, I did 1 round of clomid at 50mg & got one egg on blocked side so we canceled IUI, the 2nd time I did 100mg clomid & got 1 egg(20m) on blocked side, 1 egg(19m) & 1 egg 15m & did IUI with HCG shot & got BFN so what do you recommend for my next step a bigger dose of clomid or another medication? I take the clomid day 5-9.
#134 of 230 Old 03-17-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomanygirls View Post
So AF will probably start today or tomarrow.

I have 1 blocked tube, I did 1 round of clomid at 50mg & got one egg on blocked side so we canceled IUI, the 2nd time I did 100mg clomid & got 1 egg(20m) on blocked side, 1 egg(19m) & 1 egg 15m & did IUI with HCG shot & got BFN so what do you recommend for my next step a bigger dose of clomid or another medication? I take the clomid day 5-9.
If Clomid is giving you good follies and not thinning your lining, and you are tolerating the side effects, it seems to work for you. Just my 2cents.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#135 of 230 Old 03-17-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
mama-lisa- I think that is a good beta! Good luck!

laci- It has been quiet.

AFM- CD 10 today. I had a weird temp rise today. Hoping that it is nothing.
What are you doing this cycle? Sorry if I missed your plan; I looked back some and didn't see it.

#136 of 230 Old 03-18-2009, 07:22 AM

Mommielove, enjoy your vacation! I hope you come back feeling thoroughly refreshed.

Mama-lisa, good luck!! Keep us posted.

Becky, how are you feeling? Are you still having cramping? Last cycle I had some cramping but it wasn't severe at all, it was more like what I sometimes feel when ovulating. I've had just a little of that this cycle. Have you gotten any answers about it yet? Hopefully it's not a cyst, but I'm not sure what the symptoms are.

nummies, are you due to go in for an u/s or anything soon?

Laci, sorry I haven't posted for a few days!

AFM, I'm at 6 dpIUI and feeling OK. I think the progesterone makes me feel a little nauseated. I feel that way sometimes before AF too. I'm not really getting crazy yet but it's coming, I'm sure. We have some guests coming this weekend so hopefully that will distract me somewhat. We are taking DS to the opera (it's a production for children) the day after I'm due to test so at least I have something to look forward to if I get a bfn. Also my mom and sisters might be coming to visit soon!! And just the thought of nicer weather is cheering.
#137 of 230 Old 03-18-2009, 10:01 AM

Needle and by-the-lake- Nope no u/s. I am not on any meds. We are just doing two IUIs this month (natural cycle). :0

Needle- Have fun at the opera! Hope the rest of this 2ww flies by!

My temps are really weirding me out! They aren't usually this high pre-O. It is looking almost like I O'd on CD 9 or something. Yikes....I really, really hope not.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#138 of 230 Old 03-18-2009, 01:33 PM

First IUI this morning and second tomorrow. Today DHs numbers were not good. I don't understand how it can vary so much from month to month. Last month he had well over 100mil both days. Today he had 16 million and only 4mil post wash (with motility over 50%). How can he suddenly have such crappy numbers?

Here's hoping tomorrow's numbers are better. We triggered last night and they were only going to bring us in for one IUI this time (tomorrow) but I asked if we could still do two. Glad I did ask because DH's numbers are always better on the second day.

Anybody have insight into how numbers can vary so much?
#139 of 230 Old 03-18-2009, 03:04 PM

DaisyMae - My husband has good numbers, but he sometimes has better numbers on the second day too. I think if you wait too long between BD then the numbers can lower. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that he has good numbers tomorrow.

mama lisa - WAHOO, that is great! So excited for you...nothing wrong with that beta. Let us know what your second beta is?

Becky - We are almost on the same cycle. I am 8dpo. My left side was hurting badly enough that I had to take ES Tylenol about 2-3 dpo. My doctor said that she was not surprised that I was uncomfortable being I had a good number of follicles on that side. I would let your doctor know if your pain gets worse but you're probably fine.

I'm getting really stressed and frustrated...no symptoms yet. I have sore boobs but they were sore before my IUI from all the meds and I'm exhausted but probably from the progesterone. I'm 8dpo and I wish I could test already. Do you think Friday is way to early to test?
#140 of 230 Old 03-18-2009, 03:22 PM

So everyone how many follies have you got in the past? & how big? Just wondering

DaisyMae08 - My DH sperm count was 70m. Then when we did our 1st IUI he only got 17m after wash. The nurse said that they like any # over 5m. I asked DH why he thought it was so little of amount & he said it was kinda hard to finnish & didn't seem like as much came out as usual. I think it was just nerves. We did not BD the night before the IUI but did the day before that.

mama-lisa - Any new beta?

by-the-lake - Yeah I can bearly stand clomid, I think it is making me a little crazy! I kinda have had a bit of a temper. Good follies? I only got one that was big enough on the good side. I guess it was better than the month before when I had only one on my bad side. I was just hoping for more than one.
#141 of 230 Old 03-18-2009, 03:36 PM

Well, we dtd on Monday so it hasn't been that long. But he was really, really stressed and emotional the last couple of days. Maybe that has an effect? I just don't understand how you go from 150mil and 70% motility to 16mil and 50% motility. I'm trying to consider the 4mil postwash as "bonus" since tomorrow is the day they wanted to do anyway.
#142 of 230 Old 03-18-2009, 05:21 PM

Hey everyone! So weird about numbers changing so much! I have no idea, it's all so confusing to me. We suddenly got abnormal shapes this last time, where we hadn't had them before?

Nummies - I hope you didn't O, that would suck

Good luck to everyone in the 2ww!

AFM: We ended up getting to do the IUI this cycle, since I got my positive on Sunday, so we did it Monday. We did a different wash this time (protein medium) and it had much better results. We ended up putting in 8 million motile, as opposed to the 1.5 million motile last time. But like I said before, they said they noticed a lot of abnormal shapes, AND they said out of the motile ones, not a lot were forward progressing. Dh just got over an infection, so that may account for the morphology, I dunno. The RE doesn't see a lot of hope in the IUI's and pretty much thinks we're going to need IVF...and estimates a 50% success rate if we did that. - I think he says that cause it's likely we have high dna fragmentation - long story.

It's so weird, everyone always told me, "oh Male Factor is so much easier to deal with, at least you are regular, yada yada" But really, there's no magic pill you can take to make sperm better - and IUI doesn't seem to be the cure all I thought it was going to be. sigh. We're def. going to wait till next year before deciding on IVF. I can't imagine spending 10 grand and then what if it doesn't work? I know it happens to people all the time, but I don't think I could handle that. We would have to go into debt to do that, so...

I guess we'll do maybe 3 more IUI's with this new wash, and try at home for a while. DH is going to the urologist to see about Clomid or whatever. It's like, the more I hit these brick walls, it feels like the more I want it less. Like, that's my way of protecting myself. I start going, "oh babies are a lot of work, etc." But deep down I feel like I'm grieving. I start to feel selfish for wanting a bio-baby with dh, since he's never had that.

At what point are IUI's hopeless? Everyone seems to have different opinions on the matter. At first I thought they were perfect for male-factor, and then I'll read some place, that they don't help with male-factor at all. poop.

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#143 of 230 Old 03-18-2009, 06:35 PM

Weird about the abnormal shapes this time for you guys, Court. It's frustrating that there can be so much variation. We've never really had a MF issue - until maybe today I guess. Hopefully just a blip on the radar. And I totally understand what you mean about wanting it less. I get that way sometimes too. When it doesn't work I throw myself back into training my horse and start thinking that maybe I should just worry about getting her back in the show ring and that a baby would prevent me from doing that, etc. You see where this is going. Of course, I ultimately would far rather have a baby than compete my horse again, but it's a great defense mechanism.

As far as male factor goes, I've heard that IUIs aren't really the best option. They say IVF is much better for that. They can do ICSI and really don't need high numbers to have successful fertilization. It is, of course, much more expensive. Will your insurance cover any of it? We got really, really lucky with our insurance plan, but I know that for most people there's a whole world of worry that goes along with the financial burden of ART.
#144 of 230 Old 03-18-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaisyMae08 View Post
Weird about the abnormal shapes this time for you guys, Court. It's frustrating that there can be so much variation. We've never really had a MF issue - until maybe today I guess. Hopefully just a blip on the radar. And I totally understand what you mean about wanting it less. I get that way sometimes too. When it doesn't work I throw myself back into training my horse and start thinking that maybe I should just worry about getting her back in the show ring and that a baby would prevent me from doing that, etc. You see where this is going. Of course, I ultimately would far rather have a baby than compete my horse again, but it's a great defense mechanism.

As far as male factor goes, I've heard that IUIs aren't really the best option. They say IVF is much better for that. They can do ICSI and really don't need high numbers to have successful fertilization. It is, of course, much more expensive. Will your insurance cover any of it? We got really, really lucky with our insurance plan, but I know that for most people there's a whole world of worry that goes along with the financial burden of ART.
Oh wow, a horse...how fun! That's so funny...I throw myself into remodeling different rooms of the house. No, I don't think my insurance covers it. I have Kaiser and I'm pretty sure it's like, use our network or else. I need to call them. I'm thinking about over the next year or so maybe getting different insurance. That's a whole 'nother story. Well, I think we're going to be good and sure that we've given it a good try before we do IVF. Thanks so much for your reply, you made me laugh with the horse story

Mom to two boys, 7 and 10.  Expecting 3rd boy any day now with DH (his first).

#145 of 230 Old 03-18-2009, 09:45 PM

Court - I have Kaiser too. I wish I was motivated to remodel rooms in my house. I procrastinate everything. Just imagine if you like to remodel now how you'll be nesting! I think that is the only time I want to get everything done ASAP.
#146 of 230 Old 03-19-2009, 01:01 AM

Hey Needle enjoy the Opera! I am off the day I test. I figure if it's a BFN I can get one more laser hair removal treatment in on my legs.

Daisy Good Luck! I really wanted to do 2 IUIs and we were suppose to until I had 2 great follicles and 6 others. Hope at least of them takes.

ATLgirl Was this your first cycle? I havent taken tylenol. I usually never take any meds for anything.

AFM I have still been cramping I called the office and they said the catheter separated the wall and that is what is causing the cramping, I was suppose to take it easy and she said the cramps should be gone by today but now its on the right side. I don't know maybe all 8 of my follicles are making babies I feel totally normal. The progesterone hasn't made me tired, my boobs feel fine, I don't know guess I gotta wait....

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#147 of 230 Old 03-19-2009, 09:02 AM

:

I just want to say that I often read this thread and I want to offer my support and encouragement to all of you.

I'm not ready to join yet-- I am waiting for my followup appointment with my RE in May or June (getting appointments is a long process). We've done all the testing and everything has come back normal. The RE told us that first route is Clomid + IUI. I have a lot to learn and all of you are so knowledgeable.

I'm sending all of you positive vibes!! I know it can very frustrating!

I'm hoping to read about many BFP in the coming days and weeks!

2twins.gif Twin Girls on November 11, 2010
#148 of 230 Old 03-19-2009, 09:54 AM

daisy- Sorry about the weird numbers. maybe it was just an off day? Hoping for better numbers today!

Court- Male factor is really tough, I know how that feels. And I know what you mean about trying to talk yourself out of wanting a baby. I am the same way. Good luck in the 2ww!

becky- 8 follicles?? What were your sperm numbers like?

Kelly- Welcome to the group! thanks for popping in! I hope your appointment goes well.

AFM- My temp went back down. Thank goodness. I am hoping that it was a fluke couple of days. My monitor still says low so this may be a late ovulating month.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#149 of 230 Old 03-19-2009, 01:08 PM

Welcome Kelly.

Nummies, glad to hear that things seem to be back to normal with your temps!

So today's numbers were back to normal. 118 million. So I have no idea what happened yesterday, but I feel much better about our chances this month now.
#150 of 230 Old 03-19-2009, 02:17 PM

Daisy- YAY!!! Hoping that this is your month!!!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page