March IUI - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#211 of 230 Old 03-28-2009, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Becky- Accupuncture definatley helps with cysts. It aslo helps bring all the reproductive system into balance. It can help with pms symptoms. Exactly how, it has to do with setting the energy to flow right. You accupuncturist can give you exacts. Only very few insurances cover it. I really hope yours does! I hope you can get in soon. Ask if he/she specializes in IF.

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 230 Old 03-28-2009, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

Becky and Needle- I am so sorry for the BFN. Keeps your head up. I have updated you both under the waiting to be ready.

Nummies-It only takes 1. Fingers crossed!!!!
#213 of 230 Old 03-28-2009, 07:08 PM

Acupuncture is great, in general. It forces you to relax and it improves your blood flow and energy. Check out www.aborm.org, for a list of acupuncturists that specialize in reproductive techniques. (Is this ok to post Laci? I heard about it thru a Resolve Teleconference and found it helpful to me,and while I don't feel like I'm "advertising" anything, I don't know proper message board etiquette, so feel free to delete this message if I'm out of line.) Thanks!
#214 of 230 Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter

We have all been talking about acupuncture on this board for a along time so a link to be helpful to a fellow IF'er is totally okay. (Anyone correct me if I am wrong)
I am pretty sure anything goes as long as it will not upset anyone. With religious things there is always so much diversity and the possibility of conflict that those things should be discussed in specific boards with persons that choose to discuss it YNWIM!
#215 of 230 Old 03-29-2009, 12:55 AM

Started the menopur today!!! Wishing the April IUI thread was up!
Does anyone have any good stories or thoughts on menopur??? It's my first cycle using only injections and hoping for more than one mature follicle! Last cycle was 100mg clomid and two injections with 75iu Bravelle. Only one folly though. Hoping for better chances with the Menopur because it's looking like this is the last one for awhile.
#216 of 230 Old 03-29-2009, 01:14 AM

Hey Everyone - I just need to vent for a minute. Looks like I am going to have to take some time off trying to having a baby. Although DH was ready a year ago and said I could get off birth control, and he has gone to all my appts and seen all my disappointments he has decided he does not want to have a baby right now. He does this every month. With the first cycle he went to my appts and watched me take my meds then freaked out 1 minute before my trigger shot was due. With next cycle he freaked out 24 hours before by trigger shot. Today I called him and asked him to make an appt for me since AF came he said, "I thought we would wait" Anyway I can't keep convincing him to go forward if he isnt ready. I wish he could just respect that this an emotional process.

Sorry I know this post may not be appropriate but I feel only you gals would understand because you know what it is like to have to take all the meds. Thanks for listening.

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#217 of 230 Old 03-29-2009, 01:45 AM

So sorry to hear. I think that your hubby may just be going through some anxiety over the process. I don't know if his age is an issue with why he would want to wait. From my personal understanding, I think that all men are scared out of their minds to become parents. Their too worried that they'll make mistakes being parents. My DH problems are only about money concerning our treatments. When things seem too expensive, he wants to cancel, but I won't let him because I know he is only thinking in the moment. Believe me, I've commented numerous times that if he is not ready to be a parent then not to waste my time. If your hubby is easy to talk to then I suggest that you really discuss why he is reluctant to keep TTC. Even though he is a big part of the process, you may be including him way too much. For my husband, the less he has to worry about, the better. Most men are simple creatures and don't want or need to be worried crazy. Especially not when it comes to conception. If he agrees to another go around, only have him go in for the necessary.

Good luck Sweety!!! Remember to take some deep breaths!!! Tons of hugs!!

#218 of 230 Old 03-29-2009, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Becky- this is a safe place to discuss your feelings. We are all hear for you. Sorry to hear about your hubby. I would find out if it is just in the moment of hesitation or if he really wants to wait to have kids. Go luck!
Brittloup- I am creating the April IUI thread now.
#219 of 230 Old 03-29-2009, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Brittloup please tell me were to put you on the thread in bold!
#220 of 230 Old 03-29-2009, 12:45 PM

I'm so sorry Becky. How frustrating! I think that kind of decision deserves a long chat and not in the heat of the moment when shots need to be given or appointments need to be made so that you two can get to the bottom of your husband's feelings and the reasons he wants to take a break.
#221 of 230 Old 03-29-2009, 12:55 PM

Thanks everyone! DH and I talked last night and we are going to continue counseling we started last Tuesday. I think he has not been sure the whole time but just goes along with it because I pretty much tell him too without using so many words. He is finally speaking up and saying what he wants. That is to work on our marriage first. He thinks I want a baby soooo bad that is all I am focused on and he thinks I treat him as if he is just a sperm donor. So I have my list of things to work on and he has his. I did tell him if I am willing to wait and work it out then when we do start again I want to do IVF. Not that I want to spend the money but if IUIs aren't working and I'm taking time off I think its only fair. I just have to take it one day at a time.

I see it very hard to try and be a "good" wife when he tells me I can't have a baby.

TTC#1 Since March 2008, PCOS and possible T-shaped uterus, divorced DH after 4 IUIs, hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, Currently with DB and bonus mom to his 3 children and our dogs Dexter and Morgan  grouphug.gifdog2.gif. Four more rounds of Clomid and IUI starting in December 2012 after trying naturally since June...

angel.gif
#222 of 230 Old 03-29-2009, 01:26 PM

Aaaahh Becky, I know how you feel. I'm glad you guys are working things out. My DH and I have been married and TTC for 6 years! It's all consuming for both of us, but more for me. Every so often he wants to stop trying and I think it's because it's just too stressful for both of us. He sees how upset I get and I think he feels a bit helpless -- which nobody likes to feel. Add to that the expense, our families constant inqueries and concerns, the baby sex (which has ruined sex for us, in general...) There are times I want to give up too; but I know we have to keep trying. I just turned 41, so time is really running out for us. We've wasted so much time and money on this-- but at least our marriage seems stable. I do wonder how we'll be when we either have kids or decide to live child-free; but that's another story...

Anyway, I think Brittloup had a lot of good advice and I am a huge advocate of therapy! So -- feel free to pour your heart out here, that's why I joined -- so I could share with other people all the horrors that go on with infertility. Regular people can try to understand, but they just can't empathize.

Happy Sunday Everyone!
#223 of 230 Old 03-30-2009, 12:16 AM

Laci---- I have no clue! I'm still new to the forum and don't quite know what everything is. Please let me know what it is!

Thank You!!!
#224 of 230 Old 03-30-2009, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Brittloup-I PM'D you
#225 of 230 Old 03-30-2009, 10:54 AM

becky- I'm sorry hun. I think it is normal to have doubts. Hopefully you can work it out.

AFM- 7DPO and sure this cycle didn't work either. I am getting so tired of this.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#226 of 230 Old 03-31-2009, 09:08 AM

BFN. This weekend the breast tenderness ended completely and yesterday afternoon I started spotting (11 dpo). As of today, I have full flow. What a strange, strange month. Looks like I'll be joining the April IUI thread for my 7th and final IUI before moving onto IVF in May.
#227 of 230 Old 03-31-2009, 10:14 AM

I'm sorry Daisy. It looks as though I will be joining you. My temps are following their usual pattern. This sucks.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#228 of 230 Old 03-31-2009, 11:11 AM

sorry to crash your thread but I started my own and wasn't able to get any responses so i figured i would come here and a second resort.

Ganirelix vs. cetrotide ?? need info??

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...0#post13453820

new to this site but was wondering if anyone could give me their experience with ganirelix or cetrotide.

I have been doing lots of research before committing to injections as I have failed the clomid challenge with HCG trigger.

We are looking into doing low dose repronex, with either (ganirelix or cetrotide) HCG trigger and iui

I found more info about the cetrotide shot than ganirelix and that it can be taken as one 3mg shot lasting 4 days or multiple days of .25mg injections till Trigger.

I wasn't sure if ganirelix worked the same way is this to available for either a single shot or multiple shots.

if anyone could give me their experience with either what dose did u have to take and what cycle day/days. our insurance doesn't cover fertility meds so im also looking into the best value ect. so any info would really help.

If you could click on the link above to reply as idk if ill be able to find this thread again. lol
#229 of 230 Old 03-31-2009, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Daisy I am so sorry

The April IUI post is now open
#230 of 230 Old 03-31-2009, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

and AF is here! Baseline on Thursday!

User Tag List