Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I have to stalk you then? Lol.
#62 of 123 Old 03-12-2009, 12:16 PM

I had my first RE appointment yesterday. It went pretty well. I guess I am back to having unexplained infertility, though. He took a look at my HSG films, and he said that I probably have an acruate uterus, not a bicornuate or septate, but it could still be either of the two. He also said that my right tube is NOT blocked, but the dye didn't flow through it as well as the left tube. Apparently, the HSG showed uterine polyps, too, which my OBGYN did not tell me.

I asked about the septated cyst on my ovary, and he said it was probably nothing, but they will look more into it to find out.

My next step is to get CD 3 bloodwork. (I had it all before, but not on cycle day 3. Then I am supposed to get a 3D ultrasound between CD 7 and 10 to get a closer look at the cyst, the polyps, and my uterus. 3D ultrasounds are about 90% accurate in diagnosing uterine anomalies. After all that, he will decide if I should have a hysteroscopy/laparoscopy, just the hysteroscopy, or neither. Right now, he's thinking he will probably just do the hysteroscopy.

DH also had a second semen analysis, and this one came back better than the first. I trust this lab more than the hospital lab for obvious reasons, so we're good in that area.

I guess my next step is to just wait, because I am on CD 8 now. I have to go through this cycle and get started on the next one. :

ETA: I am also excited, because he doesn't think Clomid is right for me, and he thinks he will probably want to do the surgery. He also said whatever surgery is done, he can work on repairing things the first time around. I am excited about this, because this is what I've been saying all along, even though my OBGYN was saying otherwise. I guess it makes me feel more confident in my own intuition.

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#63 of 123 Old 03-12-2009, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

anne1140- Glad your intuition was right on. And glad your SA came back ok. Best of luck!!

Wgt-@#$%% cysts!!! But at least you can get on the BCP's for your IVF cycle.

AFM- Beta 239, which doubled, and is good. U/S on March 31st, which will be 7 weeks. Wow, doesn't seem real yet....

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

#64 of 123 Old 03-14-2009, 04:21 PM

Hello Girls

I'm back here, after 7 weeks my pregnancy is over...... but now my fetility levels will be higher...... so I wish pretty soon get the again, we will not miss the oportunity to try again, if my levels are better thanks to my little angel that pass away.........how is every one doing around here?????

Victorian Patch
*** thinking positive help my dreams come true ***
#65 of 123 Old 03-14-2009, 04:30 PM

victorian- I am so sorry.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#66 of 123 Old 03-14-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorian patch View Post
Hello Girls

I'm back here, after 7 weeks my pregnancy is over...... but now my fetility levels will be higher...... so I wish pretty soon get the again, we will not miss the oportunity to try again, if my levels are better thanks to my little angel that pass away.........how is every one doing around here?????
So sorry to hear that...

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
#67 of 123 Old 03-14-2009, 07:34 PM

I am so sorry Victorian Patch. Take care of yourself.
#68 of 123 Old 03-14-2009, 10:26 PM

My heart goes out to you Victorian Patch
#69 of 123 Old 03-15-2009, 06:49 PM

Victorian Patch--I am so sorry. My heart sank when I read your loss.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#70 of 123 Old 03-16-2009, 09:30 AM

How is everyone doing??

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#71 of 123 Old 03-16-2009, 10:23 AM

Well the 2ww is driving me insane! Oddly, I feel absolutely not pregnant even though we've done more this cycle to get pregnant than any other month (started clomid).

I just wish next week would come quicker!
#72 of 123 Old 03-16-2009, 01:43 PM

Victorian Patch - I am sorry for your loss.

Brandy - Hoping for a good 2ww outcome :

Hope you are all well.

~Clara
#73 of 123 Old 03-16-2009, 01:56 PM

I had my 4th monitoring appt. this morning and it looks like things are still not ready. I have four follicles that are maturing and they're between 11 and 13mm and apparently need to get to at least 18mm. The u/s tech thinks I'll have at least two more monitoring appts. before I'm ready for the IUIs. I went so much faster on the oral meds. This is my first month with follistim and is not at all what I was expecting for a time table.
#74 of 123 Old 03-16-2009, 02:27 PM

Daisy- I think that it is better to go slower than quicker. as you wait.

Brandy- Hopefully you get a nice surprise.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#75 of 123 Old 03-16-2009, 04:37 PM

sad news - i am no longer a graduate. looks like i will be on the IUI train after all.

to all

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#76 of 123 Old 03-16-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catubodua View Post
sad news - i am no longer a graduate. looks like i will be on the IUI train after all.

to all

Laura , wife to Jeremy : since 7-23-06. MFI caused by a Robertsonian translocation; starting DIUI cycle #5, this time with injectables. Trying to hang in there.
#77 of 123 Old 03-16-2009, 07:15 PM

Catubodua--I am so sorry Take care of yourself.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#78 of 123 Old 03-16-2009, 07:46 PM

Catubodua- I am so sorry.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#79 of 123 Old 03-16-2009, 09:17 PM

I'm so sorry Catubodua.

4th u/s this morning and the 5th will be - TOMORROW! Ugh. So many appointments and really getting tough as a high school teacher to be missing the same classes Friday, Monday, and now Tuesday mornings. Frustrating.
#80 of 123 Old 03-16-2009, 09:32 PM

I'm so sorry to Cat and Victorian Patch.

I am thinking of you both and sending hugs. Take good care.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#81 of 123 Old 03-16-2009, 09:49 PM

Cat I am so sorry
#82 of 123 Old 03-17-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catubodua View Post

to all
I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.
#83 of 123 Old 03-18-2009, 12:38 PM

I'm coming back from my self imposed hiatus. It's been nice to have a break, but I'm still feeling that itch. I was accepted to graduate school for certain and now any due date will be after I've completed the first semester. I'm done with all the ART for now though, so we'll be going au natural and if it happens, it happens. At least I'll have something to occupy my mind from my failed attempts at reproducing for the time being. It's been nearly two years since my unexpected pregnacy that ended in mc and about 21 months since we started trying in earnest (although the previous 5 we've been TTA). Plus, DH seems to have beaten the cancer he was diagnosised with last year.

Congratulations to all of those who have gotten BFP's! I've been keeping an eye on the thread while not participating. Gumby, I'll be especially to see how combining pregnancy and school goes for you. Condolences for everyone who has had round after round of negatives.

Kim

Mama to one, wife to an aviator, lover of a cancer survivor, graduate student, blogger and all around good person
#84 of 123 Old 03-19-2009, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastbayK View Post
I'm coming back from my self imposed hiatus. It's been nice to have a break, but I'm still feeling that itch. I was accepted to graduate school for certain and now any due date will be after I've completed the first semester. I'm done with all the ART for now though, so we'll be going au natural and if it happens, it happens. At least I'll have something to occupy my mind from my failed attempts at reproducing for the time being. It's been nearly two years since my unexpected pregnacy that ended in mc and about 21 months since we started trying in earnest (although the previous 5 we've been TTA). Plus, DH seems to have beaten the cancer he was diagnosised with last year.

Congratulations to all of those who have gotten BFP's! I've been keeping an eye on the thread while not participating. Gumby, I'll be especially to see how combining pregnancy and school goes for you. Condolences for everyone who has had round after round of negatives.

Kim
Welcome back! I've been wondering when you were coming back here. Congrats on getting into grad school. I'm still not really sure what I am going to do, but I will keep you updated. I spoke with my advisor who only has a dog about the pg. Her response "it will have to work out." Ummm....ok?????No idea how I am only going to take off two weeks after my probable repeat c-section and then a full-time internship two months later. I really need a working crystal ball right about now! What are you going to be studying again? Best of luck with everything

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#85 of 123 Old 03-19-2009, 09:55 AM

Eastbay- Welcome back to the group! Best wishes on your natural cycles. Congrats on grad school! I am just starting down that road (filling out applications, etc). Anyhoo, welcome back!

I miss all our newly pregnant mamas! Hope you are all doing well.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#86 of 123 Old 03-19-2009, 11:16 AM

I'm still checking in on everyone, just not posting much.

Loving wife to my Army man, Momma to energy.gifSammy, born 10/2009 and belly.gifexpecting #2 10/2012

#87 of 123 Old 03-19-2009, 11:18 AM

Hi everyone. I'd like to join this thread... I'm 27, have been TTC for over 15 months now and the regular TTC threads are just getting to be a bit much for me. I'm doing acupuncture and Chinese herbs with metformin this cycle (PCOS) and if that doesn't work I'll be moving on to IUI next cycle.
#88 of 123 Old 03-19-2009, 11:53 AM

woodland- Welcome. Sorry you have to be here.

Hi Libby!! I love seeing your ticker!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#89 of 123 Old 03-19-2009, 02:38 PM

Woodlandfairytale--Welcome here. I remember you way back in the CBFM thread. I think it was last summer. I know what you mean about the ttc boards. It was torture to see most of them getting BFP within 6 months. I try to avoid that section. It hurts to much to be there. I feel real comfortable over here.

Eastbayk--nice to see you again. I remember some of your posts along time ago when I first started posting here.

nummies--thank goodness your temp went down. It looks like you will be ovulating any day now.

Hello to everyone else here.

#90 of 123 Old 03-19-2009, 07:38 PM

Hi wtg - I remember you, too. I've been following your story and I'm really crossing my fingers for your IVF to be a success!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page