The March Infertility One Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
1  2  3 4  5 
Infertility > The March Infertility One Thread
Laci's Avatar Laci 02:09 AM 03-11-2009
So I have to stalk you then? Lol.

anne1140's Avatar anne1140 01:16 PM 03-12-2009
I had my first RE appointment yesterday. It went pretty well. I guess I am back to having unexplained infertility, though. He took a look at my HSG films, and he said that I probably have an acruate uterus, not a bicornuate or septate, but it could still be either of the two. He also said that my right tube is NOT blocked, but the dye didn't flow through it as well as the left tube. Apparently, the HSG showed uterine polyps, too, which my OBGYN did not tell me.

I asked about the septated cyst on my ovary, and he said it was probably nothing, but they will look more into it to find out.

My next step is to get CD 3 bloodwork. (I had it all before, but not on cycle day 3. Then I am supposed to get a 3D ultrasound between CD 7 and 10 to get a closer look at the cyst, the polyps, and my uterus. 3D ultrasounds are about 90% accurate in diagnosing uterine anomalies. After all that, he will decide if I should have a hysteroscopy/laparoscopy, just the hysteroscopy, or neither. Right now, he's thinking he will probably just do the hysteroscopy.

DH also had a second semen analysis, and this one came back better than the first. I trust this lab more than the hospital lab for obvious reasons, so we're good in that area.

I guess my next step is to just wait, because I am on CD 8 now. I have to go through this cycle and get started on the next one. :

ETA: I am also excited, because he doesn't think Clomid is right for me, and he thinks he will probably want to do the surgery. He also said whatever surgery is done, he can work on repairing things the first time around. I am excited about this, because this is what I've been saying all along, even though my OBGYN was saying otherwise. I guess it makes me feel more confident in my own intuition.
by-the-lake's Avatar by-the-lake 09:06 PM 03-12-2009
anne1140- Glad your intuition was right on. And glad your SA came back ok. Best of luck!!

Wgt-@#$%% cysts!!! But at least you can get on the BCP's for your IVF cycle.

AFM- Beta 239, which doubled, and is good. U/S on March 31st, which will be 7 weeks. Wow, doesn't seem real yet....
Victorian patch's Avatar Victorian patch 05:21 PM 03-14-2009
Hello Girls

I'm back here, after 7 weeks my pregnancy is over...... but now my fetility levels will be higher...... so I wish pretty soon get the again, we will not miss the oportunity to try again, if my levels are better thanks to my little angel that pass away.........how is every one doing around here?????
nummies's Avatar nummies 05:30 PM 03-14-2009
victorian- I am so sorry.
ladylaura's Avatar ladylaura 07:29 PM 03-14-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorian patch View Post
Hello Girls

I'm back here, after 7 weeks my pregnancy is over...... but now my fetility levels will be higher...... so I wish pretty soon get the again, we will not miss the oportunity to try again, if my levels are better thanks to my little angel that pass away.........how is every one doing around here?????
So sorry to hear that...
DaisyMae08's Avatar DaisyMae08 08:34 PM 03-14-2009
I am so sorry Victorian Patch. Take care of yourself.
Laci's Avatar Laci 11:26 PM 03-14-2009
My heart goes out to you Victorian Patch
wtg4miracle's Avatar wtg4miracle 07:49 PM 03-15-2009
Victorian Patch--I am so sorry. My heart sank when I read your loss.
nummies's Avatar nummies 10:30 AM 03-16-2009
How is everyone doing??
brandyshea's Avatar brandyshea 11:23 AM 03-16-2009
Well the 2ww is driving me insane! Oddly, I feel absolutely not pregnant even though we've done more this cycle to get pregnant than any other month (started clomid).

I just wish next week would come quicker!
booja's mom's Avatar booja's mom 02:43 PM 03-16-2009
Victorian Patch - I am sorry for your loss.

Brandy - Hoping for a good 2ww outcome :

Hope you are all well.

~Clara
DaisyMae08's Avatar DaisyMae08 02:56 PM 03-16-2009
I had my 4th monitoring appt. this morning and it looks like things are still not ready. I have four follicles that are maturing and they're between 11 and 13mm and apparently need to get to at least 18mm. The u/s tech thinks I'll have at least two more monitoring appts. before I'm ready for the IUIs. I went so much faster on the oral meds. This is my first month with follistim and is not at all what I was expecting for a time table.
nummies's Avatar nummies 03:27 PM 03-16-2009
Daisy- I think that it is better to go slower than quicker. as you wait.

Brandy- Hopefully you get a nice surprise.
Catubodua's Avatar Catubodua 05:37 PM 03-16-2009
sad news - i am no longer a graduate. looks like i will be on the IUI train after all.

to all
ladylaura's Avatar ladylaura 06:59 PM 03-16-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catubodua View Post
sad news - i am no longer a graduate. looks like i will be on the IUI train after all.

to all

wtg4miracle's Avatar wtg4miracle 08:15 PM 03-16-2009
Catubodua--I am so sorry Take care of yourself.
nummies's Avatar nummies 08:46 PM 03-16-2009
Catubodua- I am so sorry.
DaisyMae08's Avatar DaisyMae08 10:17 PM 03-16-2009
I'm so sorry Catubodua.

4th u/s this morning and the 5th will be - TOMORROW! Ugh. So many appointments and really getting tough as a high school teacher to be missing the same classes Friday, Monday, and now Tuesday mornings. Frustrating.
poetgirl's Avatar poetgirl 10:32 PM 03-16-2009
I'm so sorry to Cat and Victorian Patch.

I am thinking of you both and sending hugs. Take good care.
Laci's Avatar Laci 10:49 PM 03-16-2009
Cat I am so sorry
booja's mom's Avatar booja's mom 02:23 PM 03-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catubodua View Post

to all
I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself.

EastbayK's Avatar EastbayK 01:38 PM 03-18-2009
I'm coming back from my self imposed hiatus. It's been nice to have a break, but I'm still feeling that itch. I was accepted to graduate school for certain and now any due date will be after I've completed the first semester. I'm done with all the ART for now though, so we'll be going au natural and if it happens, it happens. At least I'll have something to occupy my mind from my failed attempts at reproducing for the time being. It's been nearly two years since my unexpected pregnacy that ended in mc and about 21 months since we started trying in earnest (although the previous 5 we've been TTA). Plus, DH seems to have beaten the cancer he was diagnosised with last year.

Congratulations to all of those who have gotten BFP's! I've been keeping an eye on the thread while not participating. Gumby, I'll be especially to see how combining pregnancy and school goes for you. Condolences for everyone who has had round after round of negatives.

Kim
gumby74's Avatar gumby74 01:20 AM 03-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastbayK View Post
I'm coming back from my self imposed hiatus. It's been nice to have a break, but I'm still feeling that itch. I was accepted to graduate school for certain and now any due date will be after I've completed the first semester. I'm done with all the ART for now though, so we'll be going au natural and if it happens, it happens. At least I'll have something to occupy my mind from my failed attempts at reproducing for the time being. It's been nearly two years since my unexpected pregnacy that ended in mc and about 21 months since we started trying in earnest (although the previous 5 we've been TTA). Plus, DH seems to have beaten the cancer he was diagnosised with last year.

Congratulations to all of those who have gotten BFP's! I've been keeping an eye on the thread while not participating. Gumby, I'll be especially to see how combining pregnancy and school goes for you. Condolences for everyone who has had round after round of negatives.

Kim
Welcome back! I've been wondering when you were coming back here. Congrats on getting into grad school. I'm still not really sure what I am going to do, but I will keep you updated. I spoke with my advisor who only has a dog about the pg. Her response "it will have to work out." Ummm....ok?????No idea how I am only going to take off two weeks after my probable repeat c-section and then a full-time internship two months later. I really need a working crystal ball right about now! What are you going to be studying again? Best of luck with everything
nummies's Avatar nummies 10:55 AM 03-19-2009
Eastbay- Welcome back to the group! Best wishes on your natural cycles. Congrats on grad school! I am just starting down that road (filling out applications, etc). Anyhoo, welcome back!

I miss all our newly pregnant mamas! Hope you are all doing well.
LibbyLou's Avatar LibbyLou 12:16 PM 03-19-2009
I'm still checking in on everyone, just not posting much.
WoodlandFairytale's Avatar WoodlandFairytale 12:18 PM 03-19-2009
Hi everyone. I'd like to join this thread... I'm 27, have been TTC for over 15 months now and the regular TTC threads are just getting to be a bit much for me. I'm doing acupuncture and Chinese herbs with metformin this cycle (PCOS) and if that doesn't work I'll be moving on to IUI next cycle.
nummies's Avatar nummies 12:53 PM 03-19-2009
woodland- Welcome. Sorry you have to be here.

Hi Libby!! I love seeing your ticker!
wtg4miracle's Avatar wtg4miracle 03:38 PM 03-19-2009
Woodlandfairytale--Welcome here. I remember you way back in the CBFM thread. I think it was last summer. I know what you mean about the ttc boards. It was torture to see most of them getting BFP within 6 months. I try to avoid that section. It hurts to much to be there. I feel real comfortable over here.

Eastbayk--nice to see you again. I remember some of your posts along time ago when I first started posting here.

nummies--thank goodness your temp went down. It looks like you will be ovulating any day now.

Hello to everyone else here.
WoodlandFairytale's Avatar WoodlandFairytale 08:38 PM 03-19-2009
Hi wtg - I remember you, too. I've been following your story and I'm really crossing my fingers for your IVF to be a success!
1  2  3 4  5 

Up