~*~ Spring 2009 IVF Thread ~*~ - Page 30 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2009, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Daisy - Fingers crossed for you that your numbers will skyrocket. Hang in there. Sending you lots of good vibes and hugs

Perdita - I am so happy your bean is doing well. How did you win your argument with DH... I lost mine and am stuck at with an ob.

Tami - Congrats on getting started. sending you tons of good vibes.

AFM- Thank you all for the advise. The RE thinks that I might have just had progesterone overload and/or developed a peanut oil sensitivity. they wanted me to wean off which I have been doing and my symptoms have gotten so much better. I did want to continue until 14 weeks but the nurse told me to listen to my body and if i was having these types of reaction that I really did not need it any more. My asthma is back under control and the itching is somewhat gone. I have 1 more day left and then they want me to go off it completely. A little scary but I have to trust them since I am not really sure what is going on with my body.

Hope everyone else is doing great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2009, 01:09 PM

clara - I'm sure it will be just fine. Your body is producing lots of progesterone on its own at this point, and yeah, is maybe telling you to back off.

As for midwife/OB, to be honest, I suspect he just gave up to avoid further discussions. He's not happy with it - he was better until he realized that a midwife means no doctor... LOL. Honestly, I'm even second-guessing now whether it would be easier to give in on the OB issue and hold on for the circumcision discussion.... sigh...

(sorry - these posts are not focussed on IVF any more... perhaps any further pregnancy discussions should be moved over out of the IVF area?)

Perdita - newly SAHM to DD July/05 & DS Feb/10 joy.gif
Old 06-26-2009, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Daisy - : Don't give up until the witch shows. As I said before, I've had crazy miserable cramping with a bfp before. Maybe the babe is just burrowing in deep.

Clara - I think it will be fine. At least the doctors and you can keep a close eye on things, since they all know you are weaning off.

Perdita - Yeah for a perfect little bean! : : I'm a bit disappointed no one is joining me over here in twin lala land, but at least we have some babes. I gave up a homebirth when twins appeared, but we did compromise with a midwife group under an ob. As for circ, I believe our ped is with me on that, so if it's a boy, I'll be hauling dh off for a consult, since I know the doc's word would be better than mine.

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
Old 06-27-2009, 08:53 PM

Barge**

Perdita and Julia's mom,

We have a thread-January mama's pregnant after infertility or loss. No you do not need to have January as a due date, This is just the name Nummies chose when it started.
Come and join us! (I am due in February)
Old 06-30-2009, 01:19 PM

Hi All!!

Perdita - Congrats on one healthy little bean!!:

Daisy - how are you doing?

AFM - I finally received my protocol!! I am now on BCP's and will do two cycles. We are officially doing our first IVF cycle in August::.......I start 225IU of Puregon on August 7th, then followed by Orgalutron August 12th......with ER the week of the 19th!!!...........couple quick questions if you don't mind.........what dose and cost was your Puregon?? side effects? and has anyone used Orgalutron? (I've never heard of it)......Thanks ladies - I know you've all probably answered these questions, so I apologize in advance if you have!

Thanks!! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:

User Tag List