~*~ Spring 2009 IVF Thread ~*~ - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since there seem to be a few of us gearing up for an ivf cycle... Please come on in and enjoy the support of other women going thru the same journey.

Waiting to be ready
Oceanwave
wtg4miracle
tami1981
brandyshea

BCPs
Perdita in Ontario 4/7
DaisyMae 5/7
lissame72 5/11
MommieLove 6/5

Suppression
Perdita in Ontario 4/23
DaisyMae 5/18
lissame72 6/4

Stims (Grow Follies Grow)
Perdita in Ontario 5/7
DaisyMae 5/30
lissame72 6/6

Egg Retrieval (Grow Embies Grow)
Perdita in Ontario 5/21
DaisyMae 6/11

Egg Transfer (sticky vibes)
Perdita in Ontario 5/24
DaisyMae 6/14

Beta
LuckyIVF 4/24
booja's mom 5/2
gemasita 5/3
Perdita in Ontario 6/5
DaisyMae 6/25

: : Grads : :
snowbell Due 10/12/09
abeecharmer Due 10/29/09
BellyBean Due 11/05/09
Pookietooth
Leewoss
Julia'sMom Due 12/20/09

J A with DD1 7/06, lost twins 9/08
DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#2 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mommielove - I'm leaving you in here since the Feb IVf thread is pretty dead. We're still rooting for you! Do you know when your beta is?

As for me, this is ivf try #3. The only difference this cycle is a larger stim dosage to start. I'm prayin' I don't overstim with it. Just takin' it a day at a time for now.

Also, the iui gals have welcomed all ivfers on their threads (thanks gals ) so feel free to join one or both, as you feel led.

Finally, if any ivf grads are lurking...would you mind if we add you to the first page? It's always inspirational to see those that have gone before. If you want to be added, just provide your due date (or due month) in a post or pm me and I'll add it to the first page. Thanks!

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#3 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 12:02 PM

hi j's mom - thanks for starting this thread! mind if i join? we did round 1 of ivf in the fall, got pregnant, but m/c at 9 weeks. we just did a frozen embryo transfer in early feb and got our second bfp. my first u/s is scheduled for 3/16 and my edd is 10/29 :

i still feel much more at home with my fellow ivf'ers than i do on pregnancy boards, so i hope you wont mind my staying around to cheerlead!

~sarah
#4 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 12:06 PM

Thanks so much for starting a IVF thread!!

I will be starting my IVF cycle end of March. I am waiting for my meds to come through. I should be getting all my meds shipped by next week. I am awaiting insurance approval.

I am awaiting anxiously to get started but very nervous of course.

I think if all goes well I will be on lupron towards the end of the month.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#5 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Sarah - I'm so excited for your postive and can't wait for the u/s!! I'll be thrilled to add you to graduates! Please hang around as long as you want, personally, i don't think I'll be joining a ddc before 2nd trimester next time around. Too hard to leave if things don't work out.

Wtg - So glad to have you with us, well not glad you need ivf, but glad you can support us and us support you. My meds are due today. So strange how everyone is different: 1st I need insurance approval, then the schedule from the doc, then the meds can be ordered. I'll just add you to Suppression without a date until you know.

I revised "lupron" to "suppression" because I believe some ladies use a nasal spray instead of lupron for suppression.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#6 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 01:00 PM

Thanks J's Mom. I'll officially join after my u/s today, hoping everything checks out.

Wtng, Great to have you on board!

Sarah, Thanks for staying to cheerlead. And : for your bfp. I watched you in your first ivf thread and am hoping and praying this pregnancy is healthy and very smooth. Your due date is my birthday, btw! I LOVE my birthday (who doesn't) but I mean love the time when it falls.

How are you feeling Mommielove?

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#7 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 01:08 PM

abeecharmer--its great that you can cheer us on and to help support us. I really need all the support I can get. Congrats on your pregnancy.

poetgirl--gl with the us. Stay away cyst. Hows the bleeding going? Has it stopped at all.

juliasmom--this is so weird, I will be supressed soon. Its starting to get real.

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#8 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtg4miracle View Post

poetgirl--gl with the us. Stay away cyst. Hows the bleeding going? Has it stopped at all.
It's the darndest thing. Yesterday it looked like it was going away in the morning, didn't even put a liner in. Then in the grocery store, I had like a geyser of blood...it just came all at once. Great. Then nothing. Then the geyser again. More nothing at night.
So far today it looks like it's going away again.
:

#9 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Jennifer - : I'm praying with you. May the u/s and b/w go smoothly and yield answers that you desire. :

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#10 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 02:05 PM

Hi All,

Julia's Mom: Thank you so much for organizing this thread. It's really nice to have a place to talk about all that is going on.

Poet Girl: : for your U/S & blood work. Hoping everything goes well.

Can you please add me: After much back and forth I am starting BCP on March 17th. I still have not ordered my meds. are there any pharmacies you would recommend?
#11 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 02:11 PM

booja'smom--welcome!! Oh its great to have more people here. Not the aspect of us having to do IVF but you know what I mean. I think Freedom Pharmacy is where my doc is ordering from. I think they are an online company. They seem to be reasonable.

#12 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 02:47 PM

Welcome Clara, I ordered from Schraft's and they were great.

J'sMom, Thank You! Your message felt like a warm hug.

#13 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by booja's mom View Post
Hi All,
Can you please add me: After much back and forth I am starting BCP on March 17th. I still have not ordered my meds. are there any pharmacies you would recommend?
I'll be happy to add you! I go with Schraft's, just because that's thru my insurance. If you're not using insurance, I might actually suggest you either use the search tool for "ivf meds" or start a new thread. I know other's have talked about how to get the best deal. Good luck!

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#14 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 04:16 PM

Okay, just got back from u/s. As of now, bleeding is stopped. Two cysts are there but they have shrunk significantly, one is 12mm and the other 15mm and it is okay to start. I begin stimming this Saturday. I can't believe it. I didn't think this was going to happen. My blood pressure was through the roof though so my first order of business is to settle, let all the crazies start to go and just find my hummmmmm again.

J's Mom, you can put me down for start stimming 3/7

Can't believe I am moving forward after all this time! :

#15 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 04:47 PM

I was wondering should I be taking DHEA, wheat grass and whey protein to increase the quality of my eggs. I have 2 bottles of DHEA at home but worried about taking them. Are you gals doing anything in prep for IVF?

I know I need to do acupuncture, meditation cds, and warm foot soaks. Anything else I'm missing here.

Poet I think you mentioned some kind of drink you do, sambuca?

#16 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Jennifer - Yeah for proceeding!! You can be the 1st to get their bfp! I'll add you to the list.

Wtg - I think DHEA is a part of many prenatals, so great! I don't know anything about wheat grass, but I do think I heard that whey protein is not recommended during pregnancy. You might want to check that out.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#17 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 04:50 PM

Poet--: you are moving onto bigger and better things!

#18 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 05:05 PM

yay poet!! i just read your update and i am so happy for you! i can't wait to celebrate your BFP!!! wohoo to saturday!:

julia'smom - thanks for thinking of us grads. just like sarah i feel much more at home in the IVF world than the pg world. i feel like i am still holding my breath everyday that it keeps sticking. so, i guess you can add me - my edd is 10/12/09.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! I will be rooting for y'all!
#19 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 05:28 PM

gracious, this board is hoppin' today!

b's mom - i used freedom fertility pharmacy and was very happy with their service and prices (as happy as you can be with shelling out thousands for meds!)

poet - : so glad the u/s yielded good news!! hooray for starting stims!!

wtg - i heard a high-protein diet helps egg development. i dont know if its true or not, but i tried to be conscious of that during my stim period (at least it gave me something to focus on to feel like i was helping). are you listening to the anji ivf meditations?

snowbell - : hi! always good to "see" you!

~ sarah
#20 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 09:40 PM

abeecharmer--I got tons of cds from amazon for guided imaginery. I went to crazy last week ordering them. I am finding ways to stay positive and calm throughout all of this. I was thinking about anji. I might try them out also. I have to increase my protein somehow since I am a veggie.

#21 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 10:04 PM

Hi Everyone! I am so glad I found you all again! I also feel way more comfortable with you lovely ladies! Thanks for letting me stick around. My EDD 11/5 and I have my 1st u/s on March 12th at exactly 6 weeks. Most of you probably remember I over-stimmed E2 > 6000 and transferred 2 beautiful embies. Somehow my body has been managing really well. I am down 5 pounds from my peak and other than slight dehydration I haven't had any major problems. Not exactly sure how I have avoided severe OHSS, but I am not letting my guard down yet.

Julia's Mom - Thanks for starting this new thread. I am very excited for your cycle!

Poet - Great news today :

Lucky - I am SO HAPPY you are back! Are you still going to Dr. S?

B's Mom - We didn't have any insurance coverage on the meds and went through Ascend pharmacy in Portland, Maine. I am not sure what stim you are using, but I was on Bravelle and they offered a "discount card" annual fee was $20 or something and it saved me HALF on my meds. For everything it was *only* $1600.

Wtg - I am glad you are moving forward with IVF. With everything you have been through, it is great you are 1 step closer to your baby. I am very hopeful for your cycle!

Abeecharmer - I have been lurking on the FET boards...so I guess I finally get to say hi

Snowbell - Sounds like everything is going well with you!!

Mommielove - When is your beta? Keep us posted!!!!

Added: BTW, I am scared out of my mind that the baby(ies) aren't there anymore. Nothing has happened to make me think that, but I can't help but thinking that I am not sick enough with OHSS to actually be pregnant. The waiting for the u/s is way harder for me than the wait before the beta.

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#22 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 10:16 PM

wtg - im veggie too : (sorry, couldn't resist the dancing fruits and veggies!) i ate lots of beans and tofu, and even bought a protein powder, which i've never done before, to stir into smoothies and yogurt.

belly - i've been lurking on the feb ivf board, so i guess i finally get to say "hi" too! congrats on your recent bfp, i was so happy for you when i saw you post it recently!

~sarah
#23 of 875 Old 03-05-2009, 10:39 PM

abeecharmer--Oh my goodness, you made me laugh. I never even thought of using these men: Thanks for the tips on eating more beans and tofu. I have a fellow veggie tree root eating friend. Thats what alot of co-workers say about me. So I guess I am a :

Bellybean--congrats on your pregnancy. You are fine. Your mind is making you go nuts now thinking the worse. But I am happy that you willing to stick around to support us.

snowbell-congrats also in place for you to. You IVF vets give me hope.

#24 of 875 Old 03-06-2009, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post
Added: BTW, I am scared out of my mind that the baby(ies) aren't there anymore. Nothing has happened to make me think that, but I can't help but thinking that I am not sick enough with OHSS to actually be pregnant. The waiting for the u/s is way harder for me than the wait before the beta.
With my DD I called the clinic one morning, practically in tears, because I was no longer nauseaus and my breasts weren't sore. I was so sure that something was wrong :. Thankfully, they didn't laugh at me (at least while I was on the phone). Needless to say, the pregnancy was fine. I think the stress is normal, especially after all you've been thru to get to this point. Here's some good vibes to keep you strong until the u/s. :

p.s. I'm a veggie too! Although, I do eat eggs & fish (rarely), so really it's just the meat that I avoid completely. I did have an Indian co-worker (no meat, fish, anything grown underground and I forget if she could have dairy). Anyway, she did ivf and had a successful twin pregnancy, although I do remember her dr prescribing a couple of "ensures" each day during the beginning of the pregnancy when protein is so important.

DD2 12/09 & DS1 12/09
#25 of 875 Old 03-06-2009, 03:42 AM

JuliasMom - Thanks for starting this thread! Cant wait to be cycle buddies.

I'm waiting for to start my BCPs.
#26 of 875 Old 03-06-2009, 03:53 AM

(my last 2 posts didnt go so here's the rest)

Belly Bean - ::: Super happy for your BFP!! It's very inspiring to me for so many reasons (in case everyone else doesnt know, bellybean and i just happen to have the same RE - we found out on the Feb IVF thread, what are the odds?!) I can just imagine how you feel waiting for your US! Hang in there, stay positive!

Poet - : YAY STIMS! Glad you got thru the flow scare!

To all you veggies, I'm in the : tribe, too! I was macrobiotic but have added fish and eggs on the rec of my acupuncturist. She said that trad chinese med fertility diets are rich in fish and eggs. I dont do any dairy at all, so I guess I do need those.

Here's to our SPRING BFPs!!!
#27 of 875 Old 03-06-2009, 03:04 PM

Thank you all so much for the info ladies. looks like a have a lot of research in front of me. But what else is new with this process. My meds right now are around 4K so If I can get them for 1600 that would be great !!!!

Belly Bean - Congrats : Hope you feel better!

Poet: Congrats :

wtg4miracle: My IVf prep is a lot of acupuncture, Herbs, Flax, Multivitamins, D3, Extra Greens, Omega 3, OPC 100, and I have to try to eat as much protein as possible but not soy based because of the estrogen... Out of all your meditation Cd any that you can recommend?

Hope you are all keeping well. Happy Friday
#28 of 875 Old 03-06-2009, 11:10 PM

We have a veggie movement going on here. I thought I was the only one around here. I just hope it doesn't mean anything, ykwim.

Well I just forked over $2k for my meds. Insurance refused to pay anything related to IVF.

So far what I know is that I will not be on bcp. I will start lupron on cd21. Still unknown until cd1 happens. It should be anyday now. The pharmacy called to confirm a few details and I asked which meds the doc put me on. Bravelle. I was shocked to hear this. I thought all along they would use Gonal-F. I feel kind of disappointed in this. I will be calling next week to the office what the reasoning behind Bravelle.

Has anyone used Bravelle before? Any info would be great.

Help:Any tidbits on how to appeal the process for my medication request. They sent a letter home today saying I can appeal their decision on the denial of the meds. How can I word it right so they should pay. They would have paid for 6 cycles of IUI with injs but since darn tubes are blocked I can only do IVF logically. (i didn' ask for my tubes to be blocked) My insurance will pay for me to have tubal surgery I beleive. This is stupid, why pay $15k for surgery with only 15% chance of success vs $2k IVF with 30% chance. Please help me word what I should say to these unept insurance people.

boojasmom--one of the cds I just started listening to is, I think its called Journeys Guided Meditations Help with Fertility from Belleruth Naparstek . It talks about the soul of the bay coming to you. Its great. I will let you know about the others once I get to them.

#29 of 875 Old 03-07-2009, 12:28 AM

Wtg - I used Bravelle! I produced lots of follies and mature eggies, plus the best part is all the shots were sub-q. It was a relief for me since I could do all the shots myself (in the stomach) and they were relatively painless...but I started getting anxious and using ice towards the end.

Well after a total meltdown I called the clinic and asked for a Beta today. When I called to get the results, they put me on hold for like 5 min while they got the doctor. It made me really nervous since I thought the nurse would feel fine giving out "good" news, and having the doctor would mean "bad" news. Anyway, beta was 2158, which is a 51.6 hour doubling rate (just enough to make me slightly worried, but relatively much calmer). My RE was really nice though and said my thinking made perfect sense. I should be really sick from OHSS if I am pregnant. He can't explain why I am doing so well, but said to consider myself very lucky (for now anyway).

cd.gif  love.gif(DD1 Oct 2009),  angel1.gif (2011) ,  twins.gif (DD2 and DD3 June 2012)

#30 of 875 Old 03-07-2009, 06:51 PM

Bellybean--how many days dpo are you? I hope everything is alright. I am always thinking as long as the number is increasing you should be alright. Its good to know that your doc started you on bravelle. Just let us know how you are doing.

AFM- CD1, so I will start in 21 days for Lupron. March 27th I will begin the process unless some other stupid thing happens. I am not on bcp since they said I am regular.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page