April IUI - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 105 Old 04-15-2009, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi fey fellow. welcome. quick post more later...
#62 of 105 Old 04-16-2009, 09:49 AM

I felt like that on progesterone. It wasn't fun at all!! I have also heard 10 days for the hcg to leave your system.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#63 of 105 Old 04-16-2009, 09:45 PM

Hey Fellow...... Oh yeah i have the sharp pelvic pain now and I am on 100mg of Endometrin twice a day.

Anyways, I have a question of my own about a new symptom that has been occuring the past few days. Of course i have nausea and lower stomach cramping with the progesterone, I had it last time and thought for sure I was Bfp but was not.

This time is a little different though. At night when I am sleeping, if i lay on my side kind of on one half of my stomach or totally on my stomach, I get a really sore sensation. I noticed the night before last that when i rolled onto my back that the muscles in the bottom section of my stomach felt really sore. It felt like i had been doing crunches. I'm not sure if this means anything but just let me know! I'm worried that if I am preggers that I could lose it from laying on my stomach. By the way, my IUI was on 4/6 which was a week and a half ago.

Thanks for any info and TONS of Dust!!!
#64 of 105 Old 04-17-2009, 06:31 AM

Thank you ladies for your help!

Brittloup: Most women in my family slept on their bellies until they were just too uncomfortable to do so. Trust me, I asked, as I am a belly sleeper. I'm having the same problems myself, and it radiates to my back. As for the rest of the question, I'm sure someone will have an answer. Good luck!

Head covering Pagan-Quaker mama to 6yo DS, and DH. Recent WAHM www.napleshealthadvisers.com
#65 of 105 Old 04-17-2009, 09:29 AM

Not sure brittloup. I hope it is something brewing in there!

AFM- I am freaking out thinking that I am going to O early on this Clomid. Talk me down!!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#66 of 105 Old 04-17-2009, 11:38 AM

Welcome Fey Fellow -- glad you're here and happy that you are sharing so much with us.

Brittloup -- I doubt sleeping on your belly could harm anything, but if you're worried, try to sleep on your side (I think they say the left side is best for pregnant women, so why not start training early?) And the pain could be your uterus stretching... (not sure -- but keeping my toes and fingers crossed for you anyway!)

Nummies, I was always very regular with my cycles naturally. If anything, the clomid is pushing me back a few days. If you're concerned can you have sex, just in case? My doctor hasn't said anything about sex at all -- don't know if it's good to abstain or be bunnies during this time. (I realize we need a strong "shot" for the actual IUI...)

AFM -- Had my IUI#2 last Tuesday. So, I'm waiting to test on 4/21 (My Mom's b'day!) Not feeling anything at all this go round and really not giving it too much thought. Starting to let go of this dream... it's easier this way.
#67 of 105 Old 04-17-2009, 10:36 PM

BTW Brittlloup, I had my IUI ob 4/6 also, and my test day is 4/20.

I asked my boss to let me have an hcg test today, and he said,"nope, you are just going to have to wait like the rest of the women out there!." Then he smirked a little, and told me that it was only 3 more days. Then he said that I should enjoy my weekend. Men, they totally rock, huh?!

Head covering Pagan-Quaker mama to 6yo DS, and DH. Recent WAHM www.napleshealthadvisers.com
#68 of 105 Old 04-18-2009, 12:08 AM - Thread Starter

you should not have sex the day before but 2 days before is good and you will end up with higher numbers. Sorry I have been so quite. am sick of this f@#$ng cyst and want to more forward. This is 2 cycles in a row to have been cancelled.

So excited for both of your tests-fingers crossed!!!!!

Nummies no O until your ready and that is an order!!!
#69 of 105 Old 04-18-2009, 12:16 AM

Hey Laci--I have to pop in and ask "what is up with our clinic" Are they making cysts for us. I just got canceled for my IVF. I was on bcp and lupron (gave myself 24 days of shots) and both did not suppress me. Now I am back on bcp and they are stronger ones that I have to take 24 days. Believe me I am sick and tired of these cysts. Now I have been delayed for 2 months already cause of cysts. I feel your pain.......

Me 39 Dh 44 IVF #1 Failed--only 3 eggs retrieved out of 9 follicles. ET:1-4cell severe fragmentation. Planning for next cycle. VERY DEVASTATED
#70 of 105 Old 04-18-2009, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

I think it is the lupron b/c I was on that too. Now I am on BCP'S that are making me whacko
#71 of 105 Old 04-18-2009, 03:52 PM

So sorry to hear about ya'lls cysts.

Fey Fellow--- My doc is making me wait until day 35, but I'm sure I'll call them before then. However if I have to wait then that will be 4/29! Most likely though, I will call before then cuz I am having a bunch of symptoms that aren't due to the progesterone like before.

So anyways, I am trying to find out how much of my syptoms are either real, progesterone, or in my head.

Here are my glorious symptoms which I hope and pray will continue!

Dizziness, Headaches, Mood Swings, Nausea, Frequent Urination, Sore Breasts, Lower Abdominal Soreness, Cramps, and Slight Twinges around ovaries and sides, ooooohhh and back pain! I feel miserable but I am so excited! I hope that it's not all the progesterone.

What do you think????? Is it the Endometrin?
#72 of 105 Old 04-18-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittloup View Post
So sorry to hear about ya'lls cysts.

Fey Fellow--- My doc is making me wait until day 35, but I'm sure I'll call them before then. However if I have to wait then that will be 4/29! Most likely though, I will call before then cuz I am having a bunch of symptoms that aren't due to the progesterone like before.

So anyways, I am trying to find out how much of my syptoms are either real, progesterone, or in my head.

Here are my glorious symptoms which I hope and pray will continue!

Dizziness, Headaches, Mood Swings, Nausea, Frequent Urination, Sore Breasts, Lower Abdominal Soreness, Cramps, and Slight Twinges around ovaries and sides, ooooohhh and back pain! I feel miserable but I am so excited! I hope that it's not all the progesterone.

What do you think????? Is it the Endometrin?

I was thinking the 20th may be a little early, seeing as implantation could still occur later than that...

I am having all of the same symptoms, but add exhaustion! Oh, not too nauseous really, and when I am not, nail down the protein in the house! My only problem with all of this is that I have almost ALL of the same symptoms for my usual PMS. Anyway, my son is done with his break from the board games, and I need to go back to playing. Good luck to everyone.

#73 of 105 Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 PM

Oh yeah Fey Fellow.. I've been a lil tired but then today I have been struggling to keep my eyes open. I've been a bobble head all day!:yawning:
My nausea hasn't been that bad either. No dry heaves yet. I feel like they're coming soon though. :Puke

He He He....I never thought I'd be so proud! :
#74 of 105 Old 04-19-2009, 11:23 AM

brittloup- I really hope that this is it for you! I do hate to rain on your parade, but I had those same symptoms last month on progesterone. I am really hoping that yours are due to a little bean in there though!

AFM- ultrasound this morning. 2 big, beautiful follicles!! YAY! Waiting on my blood work to see about when to take the HCG injection.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#75 of 105 Old 04-19-2009, 12:51 PM

Heard back from the nurse about my bloodwork:

My estradiol level was 352. Perfect for two follicles!

My LH level was 7. So I am NOT surging on my own!! YAY!

So, at 10:00pm tonight, Brandon will be giving my trigger shot (HCG) and my IUI is scheduled for Tuesday morning at 10:00am!

I have such a good feeling about this!!! WOOHOO!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#76 of 105 Old 04-19-2009, 12:54 PM

Go Nummies!!! Fingers crossed for you. Sounds like things are looking good for you this cycle!

AFM another u/s and more bloodwork this morning and waiting to hear back about that. My husband's coworker and her husband were walking across the parking lot of the clinic as I pulled in. By the time I got into the waiting room the wife was already in for her bloodwork, so I just saw her husband. I didn't even notice him sitting there until he came over to say hello. I burst into tears. Awful. He was very nice though. We chatted for a few minutes about how much this whole process sucks and then my name was called, so I never ended up getting to see his wife. What a small world.
#77 of 105 Old 04-20-2009, 02:02 AM

nummies---Yeah, I guess that is why I am asking because I can no longer figure out what is what. The progesterone is crazy! I'm still going to try and remain optimistic.
If it's meant to be then it will happen!! That's not just for me but for all struggling with infertility!

Keep ya eyes up to the sky because soon it will be raining miracles! :
#78 of 105 Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 AM

daisy- It is a small world.

Brittloup- How many days post IUI are you now?

AFM- Took the trigger last night, just waiting for my IUI tomorrow AM.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#79 of 105 Old 04-21-2009, 03:53 AM

nummies: Good Luck!

brittloup: At least in me the progesterone causes all of these lovely symptoms and each cycle has been different (5 total so far). It really sucks because I have no way of telling if it is actually early pregnancy. Here's to hoping!

AFM: BFN for this cycle today :. I'm scheduled for the 'how to give myself an injection' class Wednesday evening. I was really hoping that this cycle would take and we wouldn't have to move on to the injectables.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.
#80 of 105 Old 04-21-2009, 05:40 AM

Brittloup: Good luck. I really hope that all of your symptoms are not from the progesterone, and you get your BFP!!!

Nummies: Good luck! Although I am new, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you too.

Daisy & Laura: So sorry, and I really do hope that everyone gets a BFP their next cycle. The rollercoaster is miserable, and luckily we all have people here that will hold our hands if we need it.

AFM: My trigger was 4/5, my IUI was 4/6, and my HPT yesterday (the day they wanted me to test) was a BFN. So, I dutifully took my last progesterone last night just in case. I have to tell you though, when I put the dispenser in for the capsule, I never hit my cervix. I took me by surprise for a moment. So, I threw on a pair of gloves (yup I have them lying around, as DH and I are both in the medical field) to feel for my cervix. Uhm, imagine my surprise when it was gone! Okay maybe a little TMI, in order to feel just the very soft tip, I had to put my leg on the tub, squat, and beardown. I have NEVER had to work so hard at finding the thing:-). I have no idea if it was closed or not, because I could just make out the tip. Now, I am hoping that is a good sign, and Iam just testing too early, although I figure if we actually had eggs in those follicles they probably should have implanted already. So, I will wait for AF. I did wake up this morning after less than 4 hours of sleep (not normal, I am the sleeping queen) sweating too death, and nasty heartburn. I am sitting here w/the back door open, as there is a nice breeze out, and I am still having a massive hot flash. It's been a few days for me, so I thought I would pop in and see how everyone was doing.

#81 of 105 Old 04-21-2009, 11:28 AM

This is our last IUI cycle before IVF and it is not going well. I was really hoping for a last ditch IUI success story, but I'm not holding out much hope.

First I was on BCPs for the cyst and when I had red spotting over the weekend the nurse on call said that it was probably all I would get for a flow and that I should start the follistim that Sunday. So, I started Sunday night and sure enough Monday morning got full flow. So I started Follistim two days before I was actually supposed to.

And now I only have one follicle that is maturing this time and last night I actually forgot to do the Follistim injection. I got out of the shower this morning and looked at DH and said "Oh #$% we forgot the injection last night". So at 6am I called the on-call doctor who had me do the missed dose right away. I went in for bloodwork and u/s later this morning and am waiting to hear back about that. My one follicle was at 17.8mm, so I guess we're getting close.

I just don't feel like this has set us up for a successful go of it and am kind of bummed out. Thanks for listening. Guess I just needed to share my disappointment with folks who would understand. This is all on top of the panic attack I had when I ran into DH's coworker at the clinic on Sunday. Blech.
#82 of 105 Old 04-21-2009, 01:23 PM

Daisy- Oh no! I'm so sorry hun! What a rough cycle for you.

feyfellow- Sorry about the BFN. I hope that your MIA cervix is a good thing!

Laura- Sorry hun!

AFM- IUI this morning went well. 2ww for me.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
#83 of 105 Old 04-21-2009, 02:42 PM

Thanks Nummies. Trying not to get too despondent.

Yay for your IUI!!! : How are you feeling?
#84 of 105 Old 04-21-2009, 03:17 PM

Just heard back from the nurse at the RE's office. Last dose of Follistim tonight, Ovidrel tomorrow night, and IUIs on Thursday and Friday. She called it a "beautiful follicle" so if there's only one, at least it gets to be a beautiful one.

Others that have been doing Follistim, what dosage are you usually taking? I was on 75iu this whole cycle and am just wondering if that's typical or if it's on the low side. I know they were trying to be careful with me because I was a "good responder" with the Clomid (6 follicles both times) and they didn't want to risk multiples, but I'm not thrilled about having just one follicle.
#85 of 105 Old 04-21-2009, 04:27 PM

i am new to this. i hope i receive some advice. this is my 2nd round of IUI --i went this past saturday for u/s and found 2 follies one was 22mm the other 24mm. they gave me the ovidrel shot then i had the IUI the same day. i had another IUI on Sunday...has anyone ever done this? what were your experiences?

my last IUI was unsuccessful but was a bit different. i had an u/s, the shot and waited a day for the IUI (my follie was 18mm).

i just want some good new and some baby dust! any stories would be appreciated! thanks!
#86 of 105 Old 04-21-2009, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Hi all, sorry to be so quite but I do not really have much to say just a little crazy from the BCP and waiting for AF which should arrive at the end of the month......

I did have weird side effects from the progesterone as well
#87 of 105 Old 04-21-2009, 06:47 PM

Has anyone ever taken Clomid 100mgs, on day 3 of period for 5 days. then around day 13 gone in for an u/s--2 follies were present. They decided to give me an ovidrel shot, and do an IUI that day and then another one the following?

my follies were 22mm and 24mm. do i have any chance?
#88 of 105 Old 04-21-2009, 07:20 PM

Stasea, I took Clomid 150mg days 3 - 7 and then had an u/s on day 12 and Ovidrel shot followed by an IUI the next day and the day following that. It sounds like you may have been brought in a little late for the u/s. Day 12 was even late for me one month and they started bringing me in on day 11. The difference for me is that they were not able to do a same day IUI after finding out that I was ready to go right that minute. So you may be just fine. Those are great sized follicles - good luck!!
#89 of 105 Old 04-21-2009, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Like Daisy said (paraphrasing) it depends. You have great folly sizes. I will add you to the 2ww
#90 of 105 Old 04-21-2009, 10:09 PM

Nummies----Today is CD 27 so I am now 15 days past O. I actually think that AF is soon to arrive. This evening I notice that my discharge from the progesterone was a tiny bit discolored. A very light brown sort of tan color. So who knows? I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I'll further update when I know for sure.

Here's hoping the best for everyone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page