April IUI - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-22-2009, 12:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DaisyMae----I know how you feel about the one follie. First IUI I had six follies with clomid and bravelle, but only one mature. Second IUI I had nine follies, but only one mature. I thought that I had bad response to all the meds but RE said that if he wanted me to make more than one mature follicle then he would have put me on more meds. I guess that's how it goes.

Got a few questions. I know I bug the mess out of everyone with all these questions. LOL.

Is the tan discharge AF spotting since today is cd27 or could endometrin cause this???
Is it too early for over counter preg test? My RE's office doesn't even want me to call until flow or day 35. Oh course I'm gonna drive them nuts by calling at the latest by day 31 or 32.

Why should I wait if I can find out now???

Just need a little help here.

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2009, 01:01 AM

Hi to all of our new members! I cannot make this a long one. My son (he's a SNs superboy)has been having a very tough week, so I am just checking in. As soon as I am done, it's beddie bye for me.

My IUI gave me a BFN. Can I be added to the waiting for AF list :-)? They told me she should make her appearance over the weekend (yay for me ).

Anyway, I will read more later. Hugs to all that this did not work for, love to those that have to move on to IVF, and goodluck to those that have started their 2ww.

Head covering Pagan-Quaker mama to 6yo DS, and DH. Recent WAHM www.napleshealthadvisers.com
Old 04-24-2009, 10:57 AM

feyfellow- So sorry for the BFN.

Brittloup- You are 15 days past O? I would think that you could test if you wanted to. Not sure about the spotting, I didn't have that.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 04-24-2009, 02:08 PM

Please take me off the list for now. I got a BFN and now having to take a break from treatment until I save some money. :

Good luck to everyone!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:55 PM

So sorry brittloup. BIG

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 04-24-2009, 05:57 PM

brittloup, I'm so sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself during the break. This is not easy.

AFM, IUIs yesterday morning and this morning so I am now in the tww. Last one before moving onto IVF.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:14 AM

Good luck Daisy!

AFM- 4 DPO, just waiting around.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 04-25-2009, 04:29 PM

Hi all, sneaking back in here. Quick blip about me:

1 DS 3.5 yo, conceived naturally
2years ttc now
HSG in Oct 08 showed blocked tubes
natural PG in Dec (did the hsg facilitate?)
MC in Jan
Laproscopic surgery last week showed all clear in uterus,tubes, et al

I saw the Dr yesterday, we are going forward with IUI. We almost started the process yesterday but my insurance needs a minute to get me preapproved(even though we did that already )

Dr is prescribing clomid AND injectibles. I think its a blessing that we did not start the process as my minimal reading over the last day has shown me that usually woman are prescribed one or the other but not both???

Any opinions? My FSH, done in Oct, was "great" I can't recall the exact number now. So I think I am ovulating but maybe not 100% of the time and/or consistently altho my cycles are like clockwork. Should I ask the Dr about only using one drug at a time?? Now I am concerned about OHSS, but I do know they will be closely monitoring me.

Thanks for you help. We are planning to start the process day 1 of next cycle, in a month or so.

~Heather, loving my DH and DS with my whole heart. Our newest addition DD July '10
Old 04-25-2009, 09:13 PM

I had my 2nd IUI today. The timing still felt "off" to me. I went in on Wed. for an u/s and had 2 follies on my right- one 21mm and one 14mm, and one on my left 19mm. I thought for sure she would want me to trigger Wed. night, but she wanted me to wait until Thurs. night. So- Thursday morning I got a peak on my fertility monitor. I called and asked if they wanted to change anything and they said no- still trigger that night and come in for the IUI this morning (Sat.). In my gut I just feel like yesterday would have been perfect timing, but I guess if I knew how to get myself pregnant I wouldn't be needing an RE I'm trying to stay positive, but this is the exact same timing as last time (2 days after my peak reading) and that one wasn't successful!

Good luck to everyone who is waiting to find out!

C- mama to K (8) and A (5.5) (8w5d) 10/08, new baby O-2.11.10
Old 04-27-2009, 10:32 AM

mamasgirls- That sounds frustrating! I would for sure talk to your doctor about the timing thing.

hapi2help- I think that I have heard of people on Clomid and injectibles at the same time. Is this your first IUI though? If so, I would imagine that they would start with just Clomid. How is your DH's sperm?

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 04-27-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummies View Post
mamasgirls- That sounds frustrating! I would for sure talk to your doctor about the timing thing.

hapi2help- I think that I have heard of people on Clomid and injectibles at the same time. Is this your first IUI though? If so, I would imagine that they would start with just Clomid. How is your DH's sperm?
DH's is great. Dr is prescribing both for my first round of IUI, we talked about it. Do you think I should request *less* for my first round? I am so freaked out about HOM or OHSS.

~Heather, loving my DH and DS with my whole heart. Our newest addition DD July '10
Old 04-27-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapi2help View Post
DH's is great. Dr is prescribing both for my first round of IUI, we talked about it. Do you think I should request *less* for my first round? I am so freaked out about HOM or OHSS.
That's up to you dear. But it does sound like a little overkill for the first go round. I would want to start off with Clomid to see how many follicles you get from just that.

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 04-27-2009, 09:08 PM

Hi Ladies - I've been MIA for the last little while due to my laptop dying on me!!! So now I have a new one and all is up and running - finally!!

I hope you're all doing well!!

AFM - We had to cancel our IUI this month due to dh being out of town but we tried the ol' natural way the day before he left and a bunch when he returned.....I didn't use any opk's this month and just went off instinct and CM. I'm pretty sure there's no chance I'm pg, but still hopeful like every other month!! af should arrive soon and then we'll do our last IUI cycle.

Me-28, DH-29, ds 06/99, ds 11/05, TTC 2.5yrs, secondary infertiliy - severe male factor....IUI w/clomid=BFN, now IVF/ICSI Aug/09:
Old 04-28-2009, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Hi all. May IUI is up. Please let me know if you need anything changed!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:12 PM

mamasgirls: I've had cycles like that where I was sure the timing was off. I'll second the recommendation to bring it up with your doctor--mine made some adjustments when I did that. *hoping it works anyway*

hapi2help: Per my RE Clomid and injectibles are often prescribed together. This method requires less of the injectible medication (i.e. fewer shots and less expense) but isn't as "agressive" a treatment as injectibles alone. That said, given that you've gotten pregnant a couple of times on your own I'm surprised that he's not trying oral meds only (Clomid) first. YMMV

tami1981:

I shall post AFM over in May.

Mom to William 5/2013! Finally have a kid after our second IVF and more than 5 years of TTC.

User Tag List